TXG partners with Golfwrx

2»

Comments

• Unfortunately the derogatory comments directed towards the golfwrx readers, have been continuing into tonight on the TXG YouTube channel.

Not sure why this kind of stuff has to happen among fellow golfers.

You actually read comments on YouTube videos? That just sounds like a poor life choice.

It is one of many questionable choices I have made.
  • ChristopherMcDonaldChristopherMcDonald Members Posts: 2,396 ✭✭
    lvmike wrote:

Was so excited to see this partnership! Been watching TXG on YouTube for months.

Unfortunately, some of the TXG subscribers/comments weren't so nice to us GolfWRXers. Hope some of the collaboration helps change some mindsets.

Those guys on youtube GENERALLY don't know their a** from their elbow, so who cares! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    King LTD Rogue 95 MSI
    2007 Burner 3 Wood Aldila Serrano 75
    2007 Burner 5 Wood Aldila Serrano 75
    Taylormade Jetspeed Hybrid True Temper Project X 6.0
    Adams XTD Tour 5-GW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT
    Scratch Tour Issue 1018 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT
    Scratch Tour Issue 1018 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT
    Custom Cameron & Crown 5MB
    Wilson Staff Duo
  • BottleCapBottleCap Members Posts: 1,268 ✭✭
    I don't like watching the lefty hit balls
    Titleist TS2 GD TourAD IZ 7S
    Titleist TS2 15 GD TourAD F-85S
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3-4 DG AMT S300
    Mizuno MP-18 5-PW DG S400
    Vokey SM7 54M and 60M
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • ChristopherMcDonaldChristopherMcDonald Members Posts: 2,396 ✭✭
    BottleCap wrote:

you know what I honestly have to agree. It's hard for me to imagine myself taking a swing like that so it's a bit of a disconnect for me. Did like the mid-handicapper fittings they do though where they bring in some righties
    King LTD Rogue 95 MSI
    2007 Burner 3 Wood Aldila Serrano 75
    2007 Burner 5 Wood Aldila Serrano 75
    Taylormade Jetspeed Hybrid True Temper Project X 6.0
    Adams XTD Tour 5-GW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT
    Scratch Tour Issue 1018 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT
    Scratch Tour Issue 1018 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT
    Custom Cameron & Crown 5MB
    Wilson Staff Duo
  • jvincentjvincent Members Posts: 494 ✭✭
    BottleCap wrote:

Don't be hating on Matty.
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers Posts: 2,607 ✭✭
    jvincent wrote:

BottleCap wrote:

Don't be hating on Matty.

Scary thingis he’s a pretty solid ball striker as a RH golfer too!
    Taylormade M6 driver with MCA Tensei CK Pro White 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood with MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 19° hybrid with MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 22° hybrid with MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC irons 5-PW Irons with Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW with Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08 and 62-08 with Modus3 115 Wedge
    Taylormade Spider X 
    Taylormade TP5
  • JCKHJCKH Banned Posts: 78 ✭✭
    they put out some great stuff and huge online presence
  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    I’m sorry but they so juice their numbers. Amateur dude even hits a 3 wood 274 on a **** strike off the ground. C’mon !
    I assume you are referring to Matt. He's a 1.8 index so it's not like he's a hack.

They have no reason to juice the numbers. You can make the arguement that the GCQuad is overly optimistic on some of the carry numbers, but the CHS and ballspeed numbers are legit.
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,068 ✭✭
    jvincent wrote:

I assume you are referring to Matt. He's a 1.8 index so it's not like he's a hack.

They have no reason to juice the numbers. You can make the arguement that the GCQuad is overly optimistic on some of the carry numbers, but the CHS and ballspeed numbers are legit.

I know someone who did a full bag fitting and the numbers weren’t juiced
  • MattM97MattM97 Members Posts: 218 ✭✭
    GoGoErky wrote:

jvincent wrote:

I know someone who did a full bag fitting and the numbers weren't juiced

I do my fittings at TXG, both GTA locations and numbers were in line with what I expected to hit.

I just think Matty is a rare case of an extremely long hitter but that's why they have an go with him. I like that they bring in other people to show other examples. **** I'd like to get on and show my miss hit and what not so people get a true, true fitting.
    WITB - Lefty
    Driver: << Testing in Progress >>
    ulAVttu.png - F7 3W - 15.5D - Tensei Blue 60S
    0kZapzq.png- 816 H1 - 21 - Diamana S+ 70R
    Tghg11i.jpg - Z585 4-7 / Z785 8-PW - AMT White Tour S300
    Wedges:
    • cKIO92v.png- MD3 - 51
    • LhHjFh3.png - Glide 2.0 Stealth - 56
    • LhHjFh3.png - Glide - 60

Putter: q8m5K5T.png - E-3
    taylormade-small.jpg - TP5x or urp3gG8.png - MTB Red
    LhHjFh3.png - Pioneer
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,068 ✭✭
    MattM97 wrote:

GoGoErky wrote:

jvincent wrote:

I do my fittings at TXG, both GTA locations and numbers were in line with what I expected to hit.

I just think Matty is a rare case of an extremely long hitter but that's why they have an go with him. I like that they bring in other people to show other examples. **** I'd like to get on and show my miss hit and what not so people get a true, true fitting.

Yeah Matt was a teaching pro before quitting to start his production company.

They have been using another guy lately to show the results from an avg swing speed perspective. They tried to use avg Joe fittings but too many struggled to swing their swing on camera
  • MattM97MattM97 Members Posts: 218 ✭✭
    GoGoErky wrote:

MattM97 wrote:

GoGoErky wrote:

jvincent wrote:

Yeah Matt was a teaching pro before quitting to start his production company.

They have been using another guy lately to show the results from an avg swing speed perspective. They tried to use avg Joe fittings but too many struggled to swing their swing on camera

Yeah I can see that for sure with the nerves. I'd have no problem with irons and wedges. Drivers, woods and hybrids would be rough as I naturally struggle with them now. If you watch the Ping G410 Plus review I hit that driver before anyone else and you can see my miss hits on the club.
    WITB - Lefty
    Driver: << Testing in Progress >>
    ulAVttu.png - F7 3W - 15.5D - Tensei Blue 60S
    0kZapzq.png- 816 H1 - 21 - Diamana S+ 70R
    Tghg11i.jpg - Z585 4-7 / Z785 8-PW - AMT White Tour S300
    Wedges:
    • cKIO92v.png- MD3 - 51
    • LhHjFh3.png - Glide 2.0 Stealth - 56
    • LhHjFh3.png - Glide - 60

Putter: q8m5K5T.png - E-3
    taylormade-small.jpg - TP5x or urp3gG8.png - MTB Red
    LhHjFh3.png - Pioneer
  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    edited Feb 27, 2019 12:20pm #45
    jvincent wrote:

Oh yea? 1.8 huh. Betcha he can throw the ball over those mountains.

[URL]

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • tonypizzletonypizzle Members Posts: 32 ✭✭
    love the txg youtube channel. really informative and ian is very knowledgable. haven't really seen a lot they've done with the wrx partnership apart from the first couple vids after the announcement. anyone know what they're doing with it?
    They are working with Johnny Wunder to fit hit for an upcoming tournament qualification.

• mothonmothon Members Posts: 58 ✭✭
    Love TXG one of my favorite channels on youtube. I like that they use Matty too. If they used a high handicapper they would have to hit way more balls to get good numbers. It also is great having someone with a consistent week to week.
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, FloridaMembers Posts: 1,643 ✭✭
    For those following TXG you should check out the Larry Cheung (I know he's separate but closely associated with TXG) and his lesson series primarily with Joe Kwok. I recommend actually watching them out of order to get an idea for where he got versus where he came from. Not like he was a slouch to begin with, but the change is mind boggling.

Viewing suggestion:

Lesson 4

Lesson 1

Lesson 2

Lesson 3a

Lesson 3b

Lesson 4
    Driver: He who shall not be named...
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    5 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62