Global golf quality rating question

I’m currently looking at a Mizuno ST180 driver for a gift to give to my buddy. It states it is in mint condition. But from the looks of the pics provided. It looks like a copy and paste of a new driver and not the actual driver. Is Global Golf’s quality rating on point to those that have bought items from them before?

Comments

• bkirkley09bkirkley09 Members Posts: 357 ✭✭
    edited Sep 13, 2018 #2
    I literally just started googling this today and it sounds like mint will be brand new Unhit. Some even still have plastic still on. The only thing different from new is no headcover or tool.

PING G400 Max 9*, Graphite Design Tour AD BB 6X
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 3W, Oban Devotion 7x
    Callaway Epic Flash 5W, Smoke 80g 6.5
    Ping I210 4-PW, DG 120 S300
    Ping Glide Stealth, 50ss, 54ss, 58ss, AWT Wedge Flex
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5 Moto, 33"

• timmy8151timmy8151 Members Posts: 1,088 ✭✭
    Global Golf/3balls/TM Preowned ratings for me have at least met the ratings on their website and are often better than advertised.
  • vsabrevsabre ClubWRX Posts: 222 ClubWRX
    Every item I'ved purchased from them as mint has been new and unhit. This includes drivers, fairways and 2 sets of irons. No issue with any purchases made over several years of buying.
    Trackman SS-97 GolfWrx SS-110

Ping G400 LST X-Torsion Copper S
    Cobra King F7 Fujikura Pro 65 S 14.5* Weight Forward
    Ping I Blades 4-PW S300 + 1/2 Red Dot
    Mizuno TM7 Wedges 50, 54 and 58
    Scotty Cameron Golo 6
  • ajchangajchang Members Posts: 25
    it’ll be brand new
  • BYKBYK Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭
    Used to be that way

recently I've had a couple come thru that were either demos in a store, or returned after being used

Still, odds are good that it'll be in great shape
    Yadi for President
  • Thanks guy, just purchased.
  • dcfball88dcfball88 Members Posts: 111 ✭✭
    I wrote:

Thanks guy, just purchased.

Good luck. Last several items I bought from them have been below their stated condition and in many cases different from standard and not disclosed. I stopped buying from there.
  • vsabrevsabre ClubWRX Posts: 222 ClubWRX
    I wrote:

Thanks guy, just purchased.

Let us know once you get it. My experience has been top notch but maybe not so much with other posters, so I'm interested to see if anything has changed....
    Trackman SS-97 GolfWrx SS-110

Ping G400 LST X-Torsion Copper S
    Cobra King F7 Fujikura Pro 65 S 14.5* Weight Forward
    Ping I Blades 4-PW S300 + 1/2 Red Dot
    Mizuno TM7 Wedges 50, 54 and 58
    Scotty Cameron Golo 6
  • larryd3larryd3 Members Posts: 575 ✭✭
    I've purchased many items from them and all have been great. No condition issues. As noted above, some look like they were never hit.
    TM M4
    Epic 15*
    816 H1 19*
    816 H1 24*
    PXG 0311 5-pw
    50* SM7 F
    54* SM6 M
    58* SM7 S
    PXG Operator H
  • bigmoneypbigmoneyp MichiganMembers Posts: 3,230 ✭✭
    edited Sep 14, 2018 #11
    Let us know. I ordered two "excellent" condition clubs from them and one was beat up (scratches, dings etc) and the other had the wrong shaft. I don't order anything pre-owned from them anymore.
    Callaway X-Hot 3 Deep 14.5*
    Callaway Steelhead XR Hybrid 19*
    Callaway Steelhead XR Hybrid 22*
    Maltby DBM 4-PW w. PX LZ 6.0
    Taylormade Milled Grind 52* (bent to 50)
    Taylormade Milled Grind 58*
    Taylormade TP Mullen
    Callaway Hex Tour Soft
  • dardenpdxdardenpdx Members Posts: 89
    You should be safe with mint condition. The others can vary at times.
    G30LST - X2Hot Pro 15 - Srixon H45 19/22 - Srixon 745 5-PW - Vokey SM6 50F, SM5 54F/58K - Odyssey Protype #5
  • Jeri6gtJeri6gt Friday Hacker Members Posts: 271
    bigmoneyp wrote:

Let us know. I ordered two "excellent" condition clubs from them and one was beat up (scratches, dings etc) and the other had the wrong shaft. I don't order anything pre-owned from them anymore.

+1
    All Titliest all the time

915 D2 10.5 S blue board
    915F 16.5 S blue board
    910F 19 S Kali
    718 TMB 4 PXi 6.0
    714 AP2 5-9 PX 5.5
    SM6 46, 50 PX 6.0(8iron)
    SM5 54, 58 PX 6.5(8iron)
    Scotty Newport 2
    ProV1x
  • sdandreasdandrea Steve Members Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    edited Sep 14, 2018 #14
    Here's some more info. Global Golf and 3balls Golf operate out of the same Raleigh, NC facility. Their inventory, trade-in and return policies are identical - i.e. they are same company. The main difference is that the 3balls web-site has fewer condition rating categories (Bargain, very good, and awesome). Global golf has 6 ratings (from new down to fair). I'm not sure how they manage their inventory WRT ratings when they ship off the same shelves, so buying from Global might be more accurate WRT condition rating. Overall, I have found Bargain condition at 3balls to be surprisingly nice. Since I like to refurbish clubs anyway, I typically buy from the lower ratings.

Note - the reason I know the inventory is the same stuff is I was buying an old set of PING irons that had the original owner's name engraved on the hosel. The clubs were advertised with that name in the description on both websites. I called the customer service rep and she told me that both companies sold and shipped from the same warehouses.
    Cobra Max 10.5*
    The Perfect Club 21*
    Cobra Baffler 5h
    PING Eye 2 6-SW
    Scotty Fastback
  • kaycalkaikaycalkai π Members Posts: 407 ✭✭
    I've had fantastic luck with Global Golf's ratings, in everything but "value".

Over 100 clubs, I've had 2 hybrids that I thought were rated above their actual status - listed as excellent when I thought they qualified for very good.

Both instances, they paid return shipping and refunded promptly.

Value is a real gamble. It can look great with the exception of 1 scratch, or it can look like someone tossed it down the driveway repeatedly to give it that operator level patina!

Mint has been 100% for me.