XR Speed

Lip1337Lip1337 Members Posts: 456 ✭✭
Is it a upgrade over my XR16 Pro?!?

I didn’t hit it but I think no?!

Is the Speed a new version of the BB Fusion?

Or am I totally wrong?
Callaway XR16 Pro 9* PX EvenFlow Black
Callaway BB Fusion 3W EvenFlow Blue or Callaway x2hot Hybrid 16* Aldila Tour Green
Callaway X Forged UT 18* PX EvenFlow Black 85
Callaway Rogue Pro 4-PW KBS Tour V110
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Black 50*/55*/60* KBS Tour V110
Odyssey ProType Tour Series #2 36"

Comments

• WidespreadPanicWidespreadPanic Wizard in the Corner Members Posts: 4,816 ✭✭
    Isn’t it a Japan only release? I know Hideki was testing it. Callaway makes some pretty bold claims about it.
    Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
    Cobra F7 15.5*
    Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
    Mizuno MP18 Fli Hi 4i
    Mizuno MP18 SC 5-PW
    Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
    Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
    Taylormade TPx
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 4,747 ✭✭

Isn't it a Japan only release? I know Hideki was testing it. Callaway makes some pretty bold claims about it.

I think it is actually a European only release. The reasoning was that the Callaway sales teams were, seemingly, finding people reluctant to pay the price they are looking for with the Epic and the Rogue.

Lip1337 wrote:

Is it a upgrade over my XR16 Pro?!?

I didn't hit it but I think no?!

Is the Speed a new version of the BB Fusion?

Or am I totally wrong?

My view of it is that it is essentially a combination of the XR16 and the Fusion lines and on a basic level it seems like they have simply added some carbon to what was the XR 16. Is it an upgrade over the XR16? I would say no. Callaway really seemed to be onto something with the XR line but it seemed like the original XR almost performed too well with the likes of Stenson, Willett and Pieters putting it in the bag over the more expensive Big Bertha's that were out at the time. Since then it seems like they have diluted each new version so that they can't challenge the more expensive line.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08, 54.10 & 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x
  • puttingmattputtingmatt puttingmatt Members Posts: 5,035 ✭✭
    I had better trackman numbers with my XR Pro , than with the

epic, and rogue. Curious, if anyone else has had simular findings with other callaway drivers.

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....
  • cphilippsencphilippsen Members Posts: 2

epic, and rogue. Curious, if anyone else has had simular findings with other callaway drivers.

I recently switched from years of TaylorMade to Callaway. I swapped a TM M1 460 for the Epic SZ, initial it was an OK switch, but wasn't that consistent with it. I then found a slightly used Rogue SZ (10.5*) head at a decent price, couldn't fall in love with that or the Epic – I gained a lot of fade and slices from those two heads. I decided to buy the XR Speed 9*, and have tested the head with the stock T800, EvenFlow Blue and UST Recoil 450 and the head just performs so well for me as its more straight and draw biased.
    Callaway Rogue Driver 9.0*, Project X EvenFlow Blue 65g 6.0, Golf Pride Multicompound Midsize white/black
    Callaway Rogue 3 Wood 15*, Project X EvenFlow Blue 75g 6.0, Golf Pride Multicompound Midsize white/black
    Callaway Apex UT 18*, Project X Black 6.0 90g, Golf Pride Multicompound Midsize white/black
    Callaway Rogue 4 Hybrid 21*, Aldila Synergy 60g, Golf Pride Multicompound Midsize white/black
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-9, Project X LZ 5.5, Golf Pride Multicompound Midsize white/black
    Cleveland RTX-3 Tour Raw 46*, 50*, 54* and 58*, True Temper Dynamic Gold S200, Golf Pride Multicompound Midsize white/black
    Evnroll ER1.2 Tour Blade, Custom Evnroll Pistol Grip red/white
    TaylorMade TP5, white
  • FubumanFubuman Members Posts: 822 ✭✭

I’ve said it over & over on here, nothing has knocked my XR16 PRO out the bag.

Had proof of that today again, played a practice round for a midweek tournament, I’ve been undecided for a few months now on which of two shafts to play.

Today was the Matrix White tie 7x3 x, & I think it’s gonna stay in here, nonetheless, it was up against an Epic, 816 DBD & some Ping 400L something.

None came close, when I struck it sweet, I was 20 passed the closest.

I seriously can’t get enough of this driver, what a bomber.
    XR16-Pro 9+1 Matrix White Tie 7x3
    3w DBD16 14* Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75
    Hybrid 815 Alpha 20 Fubuki 400h
    XR-Pro 4-PW / C-Taper lite
    MD Forged 52 TT DG s200
    MD Forged 56 TT DG s200
    MD PM Grind 60
    Odyssey Pro Type Black no.2 / Odyssey Metal X milled Rossie
    Callaway Chrome Soft X
  • PorscheFanPorscheFan Members Posts: 1,155 ClubWRX

My standard XR16 is a scratched up mess, but I can't find anything to beat it in objective numbers. Nothing.

I am dying to get my hands on an XR16 Pro head to give that a whirl.