2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Vega Amazingly Gorgeous Irons and Wedges...2nd set posted!!

Dscvrr St Louis

I have tried many forged cavity backs and enjoyed playing them...but my true love is a solid forged blade! One set is a Callaway 2018 Apex MB set and it is amazing. Tomorrow I get to put the irons and wedges below into play and am super PUMPED!!

The muscles on the Blades is quite large and offers a ton of feel and a lot of forgiveness for slight misses!! Enjoy!!

4 iron is VC01 in a Satin finish

5 thru PW is the VM01 in a Satin Finish

Wedges are VW10 Raw Black

In the bag for play!!

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it the angle or do they have a ton of offset??

They have virtually no offset.

Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

I've had all three...plus a TEI insert all were nice, but too light for me at 34".

But I prefer my 2012 black Studio select, with deep milling. 25 gram weights.

Wow! That’s all I can say. Enjoy them, they are beautiful. I own one of their Samurai putters and the quality and look is amazing.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

Owned a set of Vega Wedges with Nippon Shafts about 9 yrs ago - they were very nice.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

I have played the wedges and they were spin machines!

I have always lusted after a set of the blades, gorgeous!

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Taylormade Stealth Pro
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix

Overall the round was very solid first time out with them. Hit alot of great shots! Par 5 second shot with 5 iron from 196 to 12 ft., wedge from 65 yards to 3 ft, caught a couple out of the bermuda rough(hate bermuda rough) that flew a bit farther, but really like the irons and wedges. Set will be in the rotation going forward with the Callaway Apex MB and DW BBF wedges!

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

Overall the round was very solid first time out with them. Hit alot of great shots! Par 5 second shot with 5 iron from 196 to 12 ft., wedge from 65 yards to 3 ft, caught a couple out of the bermuda rough(hate bermuda rough) that flew a bit farther, but really like the irons and wedges. Set will be in the rotation going forward with the Callaway Apex MB and DW BBF wedges!

Set will be “In the rotation”? You regularly switch iron sets? Wow. Interesting. I’d never consider it.

...They are pretty though. Enjoy them.

Set will be "In the rotation"? You regularly switch iron sets? Wow. Interesting. I'd never consider it.

...They are pretty though. Enjoy them.

Both are similar set up, same lofts, lies, lengths, shafts, swing weights! perform very close to the same.

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

Vega's are sick, most would think their knockoff

And after 1 swing they would know they are OG Badass!!

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

Played in a 4 man scramble with my dad(79 yrs old) and 2 of my buddies(50+ but both Scratch to 2 caps), it was Sept 19th. We had shots at all the par 5's on the course in 2. First was literally a Vega 7 iron from 172 to 9ft...next guy hits it to 5 ft!! Second one from 212 yards, hit the VC01 4 iron to 12ft. Next was 208 yards to back pin, VC01 to 8 ft. The VC01 is stupid easy to hit and flies so true!!! feels great. Vega wedges were great as we were throwing darts on the shorter par 4's...we shot 55 and won the thing...just no money!!

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

Vega's are sick, most would think their knockoff

Shoot you have idiots around here that think Miura irons are knockoffs or a department store brand---- NO JOKE!!

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

I would be interested in hearing about the endurance of the chrome plating on the set after a season or so of play. I know wedges get a lot more use so I'm not entirely surprised that my Vega wedges have worn through the chrome plating on the soles and faces. They have more "character" now, but they definitely wore through the plating really fast compared to my comparable Mizuno forged wedges. I have 3 Vega VW-06 wedges and 2 VW-02 models. I have Mizuno MP-R4, MP-R12, MP-T5, and T7 wedges. None of the Mizunos ever wore all the way through the plating. Just makes me wonder about the "softness" of the Vegas... they feel incredible, but buyers should be aware of the possible downside (if you're concerned about the plating durability).

Of course, you got the wedges raw, so no concerns for those! Still interested in the irons though...

• 3 weeks later...

I would be interested in hearing about the endurance of the chrome plating on the set after a season or so of play. I know wedges get a lot more use so I'm not entirely surprised that my Vega wedges have worn through the chrome plating on the soles and faces. They have more "character" now, but they definitely wore through the plating really fast compared to my comparable Mizuno forged wedges. I have 3 Vega VW-06 wedges and 2 VW-02 models. I have Mizuno MP-R4, MP-R12, MP-T5, and T7 wedges. None of the Mizunos ever wore all the way through the plating. Just makes me wonder about the "softness" of the Vegas... they feel incredible, but buyers should be aware of the possible downside (if you're concerned about the plating durability).

Of course, you got the wedges raw, so no concerns for those! Still interested in the irons though...

10 rounds so far and the faces and finish are holding up great!! Love the feel and the playability is incredible for a blade..!!

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

Why would you "rotate" irons... How are you supposed to get comfortable and "learn" how to play certain shots with them; how much shaft lean needed for a perfect knock down, what to expect from their turf interaction and divot depth, how much you need to close or open the face for the required fade or draw,etc. This doesn't sound like a wise decision at all... And detrimental to your overall consistency... And scorecard.

Master those Vegas until you know them and can utilize them to their limits.

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

Why would you "rotate" irons... How are you supposed to get comfortable and "learn" how to play certain shots with them; how much shaft lean needed for a perfect knock down, what to expect from their turf interaction and divot depth, how much you need to close or open the face for the required fade or draw,etc. This doesn't sound like a wise decision at all... And detrimental to your overall consistency... And scorecard.

Both sets are blades, same everything, shaft, swingweight, lie, loft, etc...so no real difference in playability, so rotating between the two is seamless for me. Like having a couple sets. Shoot equally well with both sets. just sayin.

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

Love mine!

Love the black look on those!! Just need the VW06 wedges in there to compliment the set!!

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

Both sets are blades, same everything, shaft, swingweight, lie, loft, etc...so no real difference in playability, so rotating between the two is seamless for me. Like having a couple sets. Shoot equally well with both sets. just sayin.

Ahh... Well that's a whole different story. What's the other set?

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto

I'm guessing the Apex MB that he's mentioned 3 times are his other set...

I'm guessing the Apex MB that he's mentioned 3 times are his other set...

Guess my mind wasn't at full capacity yet this morning...lol.

So, Apex MB looks like they would be more forgiving than the Vegas. Is that accurate?

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto