GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE.

Old faithfuls!

scruffynick ·  
scruffynickscruffynick manchester, UKMembers  1655WRX Points: 198Handicap: 5....soon to be 6 I think Posts: 1,655 Platinum Tees
Not done a witb before but I'm at home with a sick daughter and in my boredom I've taken some pictures. I'm not into really up to date equipment, I've tried them but I always end up back with this set up.... And now I ain't got anything else!<br />
So he goes:<br />
Driver - Srixon WR regular 10.5 cut down 3/4"..im only 5ft 6". No idea how long I've had this but it works so it ain't changing<br />
Hybrid - g20 20 degree and again regular<br />
Irons - ping eye2+ 4-sw jz shafts and I got hold of some of those lined grips a few years back... Still feel good.<br />
Putter - Taylormade monza. Like my driver is getting on but the thing works and I'm too scared to change... Put I nice thick grip on it a few years back and it felt better.<br />
Headcovers - both bought by my kids so they're always on<br />
Bag - Callaway, was given to me by my work colleague who didn't want it. Cracking bag. <br />
Towel - Ping and boy it must be 30 years old now ha ha! <br />
I know they're getting on but they work and I haven't to money to change... I manage I hack it round in high 70s most weeks so that's good enough for me. Hope you enjoy, ta nick
Posted:

Comments

• BIG STUBIG STU Members  13201WRX Points: 4,319Handicap: 5.0Posts: 13,201 Titanium Tees
    Nothing at all wrong with that set up---- Play what works no matter the brand or age
    They can not play too shabby for you with a 5 Hdcp. LOL you are correct about the towel it is a classic. One of our other members from over on the Classic forum posted his WITB on here and he also plays Eye2s. IMHO even though I am a dyed in the wool classic blade man I will say the Eye 2 is one classic timeless design. On the putter if you find one you can putt with again it does not matter the brand or vintage it is
    Posted:

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana
    FW 7 woodTM V- Steel 21* Stock TM R
    Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan #2 Apex Shafts
    SW- Clevaland 588 56* Sensicore S-400
    LW Cleveland 588 60* Sensicore S-400
    Putter 1997 Cameron Santa FE rusty as heck Bulls Eye Satin fluted shaft
    Bags- Old School Burton mini staff non logo or Jones Classic

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • scruffynickscruffynick manchester, UKMembers  1655WRX Points: 198Handicap: 5....soon to be 6 I think Posts: 1,655 Platinum Tees
    BIG STU wrote:
    <br />
    Nothing at all wrong with that set up---- Play what works no matter the brand or age
    They can not play too shabby for you with a 5 Hdcp. LOL you are correct about the towel it is a classic. One of our other members from over on the Classic forum posted his WITB on here and he also plays Eye2s. IMHO even though I am a dyed in the wool classic blade man I will say the Eye 2 is one classic timeless design. On the putter if you find one you can putt with again it does not matter the brand or vintage it is<br />
    <br />
    Cheers, an ex Bobby now retired once told me that you never change 2 things in golf... A driver that goes straight and a putter that holes puts. That was over 25 years ago and I still use that advice today. In the end the eye 2s are just my favourite club of all time, and when I plat crap I still enjoy the fact I have them in the bag
    Posted:
  • extrastiffextrastiff Members  1367WRX Points: 267Posts: 1,367 Platinum Tees
    <br />
    Not done a witb before but I'm at home with a sick daughter and in my boredom I've taken some pictures. I'm not into really up to date equipment, I've tried them but I always end up back with this set up.... And now I ain't got anything else!<br />
    So he goes:<br />
    Driver - Srixon WR regular 10.5 cut down 3/4"..im only 5ft 6". No idea how long I've had this but it works so it ain't changing<br />
    Hybrid - g20 20 degree and again regular<br />
    Irons - ping eye2+ 4-sw jz shafts and I got hold of some of those lined grips a few years back... Still feel good.<br />
    Putter - Taylormade monza. Like my driver is getting on but the thing works and I'm too scared to change... Put I nice thick grip on it a few years back and it felt better.<br />
    Headcovers - both bought by my kids so they're always on<br />
    Bag - Callaway, was given to me by my work colleague who didn't want it. Cracking bag.<br />
    Towel - Ping and boy it must be 30 years old now ha ha!<br />
    I know they're getting on but they work and I haven't to money to change... I manage I hack it round in high 70s most weeks so that's good enough for me. Hope you enjoy, ta nick<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Brother, dont know if id change a single thing even with the money.
    Posted:
    Xr 6* | hulk75tx(tipped 1.5, 44.75 playing length)   /  f9 13*  | hulk95tx (tipped 1.5, 43” playing length)  /  f8+ 16.5 | tzx100m5 (tipped 1.5, 41” playing length)  /   P790udi 17* | x7  /  p790 21*,24* | x7   Forgedonelength 4-p | x7wedge   md4 48*8, 54*10 | x7wedge  /  hitoe 64*5 | x7wedge  /   Phantomx(35”) | stabilitytour /  jumbomax ultralite xl  /  zstarxv

• 03trdblack03trdblack Wake Forest, NCClubWRX  2229WRX Points: 401Handicap: 0.1Posts: 2,229 ClubWRX
    Older Srixon drivers don't get the credit they deserve. I currently have a ZR-30 on the way from Japan. Srixon led the way when it came to different bulge/roll on the face to control off center hits (twist face) as well as using very complex variable face thickness for ball speed. They keep everything under the hood and under the radar. The soles can get busy but the top of the drivers always looks classic.
    Posted:
  • jwhite86jwhite86 ClubWRX  1015WRX Points: 383Handicap: 12Posts: 1,015 ClubWRX
    The Monza is very underrated... I gamed a Mezza Monza when they were first released and if I could find one in decent shape I could see gaming it now
    Posted:
    WITB
    Driver: TS2 10.5 - Diamana DF 60 TX
    3 Wood: 915 F 16.5 - Blueboard
    Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17º w/ Even Flow
    816 H1 21 - Blueboard
    Irons 5-PW: 765 - PX LZ
    Wedges: 50º Ping Glide 2.0
    54º, 60º PXG 0311 - KBS
    Putter: Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277 

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1651462-jwhite86-witb/
  • scruffynickscruffynick manchester, UKMembers  1655WRX Points: 198Handicap: 5....soon to be 6 I think Posts: 1,655 Platinum Tees
    03trdblack wrote:
    <br />
    Older Srixon drivers don't get the credit they deserve. I currently have a ZR-30 on the way from Japan. Srixon led the way when it came to different bulge/roll on the face to control off center hits (twist face) as well as using very complex variable face thickness for ball speed. They keep everything under the hood and under the radar. The soles can get busy but the top of the drivers always looks classic.<br />
    <br />
    That's what I like the most, it's very classics looking at address
    Posted:

Advertisement
    jwhite86 wrote:
    <br />
    The Monza is very underrated... I gamed a Mezza Monza when they were first released and if I could find one in decent shape I could see gaming it now<br />
    <br />
    Mine is well beaten up and I keeping looking for a newer one but they're hard to find
    Posted:
  • sdandreasdandrea Steve Members  2678WRX Points: 537Handicap: 11Posts: 2,678 Titanium Tees
    Viva la Eye 2 irons! Nice bag!<br />
    <br />
    Here's mine except I added a PING Chipo and an old A Blade putter.<br />
    <br />
    20180914_125824.jpg
    Posted:
    • Cobra Max 10.5*
    • The Perfect Club 21
    • Callaway BB 7h
    • PING Eye 2+ 7-SW
    • Odyssey VLine
  • MoaningMMoaningM Members  1357WRX Points: 124Handicap: ScrPosts: 1,357 Platinum Tees
    Ive got that exact same towel as well, boight for me one christmas back in the late 80’s! Still use it as well!
    Posted:
  • Scratch_72Scratch_72 Members  275WRX Points: 80Posts: 275 Greens
    Love seeing the old sticks in the bag because they work.
    Posted:
    Callaway GBB 9° UST Proforce V2
    TEE XCG7 15°Aerotech SS65
    Adams XTD Ti 20° & 23° MRC Tensei Blue
    Ping G5 5-7 Nippon NS Pro 8950
    Ping i5 8-UW Nippon NS Pro 8950
    Ping Tour Gorge 54° & 58° CFS
    Ping Karsten TR Pal or Yes! Tracy or Odyssey White Hot XG7 or...

I've had a few additions.... Firstly, my classic bag. Love it, my wife bought it me back in April for my birthday as she knew I was after one or a classic bag. It's smaller which I like as I only carry 11 clubs and it fits in my locker miles better.
    Then I found a ping myday putter... It was black when I found it but its amazing what coke can do... I'll take a picture soon. Also the hybrid has gone, sorry but I'm rubbish with hybrids so I've put my 23 degree 7-wood back into play. So my vintage bag is more or less done... Well they are my clubs full stop

Posted:

Advertisement
  • staysober for golfstaysober for golf Low carb guy Members  1081WRX Points: 122Handicap: 10Posts: 1,081 Platinum Tees

Sweet!!!

Posted:
    WITB:

F9, HZDS B. S. (8*/44.5/56.5*/D0)

TS2, 70 S+ S. (14.2*/42.7/56.5*/D1)
    Apex Stock S. (18*/40.5/57.0*/D1)
    4 & 5 Iron EPIC Stock S. 
    6-PW X2H Pro Stock S. 
    56* X forged, Stock S.
    ODYSSEY WIDE B/W 

• MoaningMMoaningM Members  1357WRX Points: 124Handicap: ScrPosts: 1,357 Platinum Tees

Class, love that bag!

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.