RIP Celia Barquin Arozamena

scoteescotee Members Posts: 3,385 ✭✭
RIP Celia Barquin Arozamena. As a father of 4 girls this is just too sad. Thoughts and prayers to her family and loved ones.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/man-charged-with-murder-in-killing-of-star-iowa-state-golfer-celia-barquin-arozamena/ar-BBNu8U9?li=BBnb7Kz
Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Comments

• StoochStooch Members Posts: 812 ✭✭
    What a terrible thing to happen, especially somewhere you feel and should be safe. My condolences go out to her family and loved ones.
  • PhilWhitUKPhilWhitUK Members Posts: 107
    It is the sort of story that makes any father pause for thought. Terrible event and I cannot imagine how her family, friends and team mates must feel. Our thoughts are with them all.
    WITB:
    M4 driver, 3 and 5 wood
    G25 4 hybrid
    i200 irons
    TM Spider Tour
    MD4 50 & 54 with 58 PM grind
  • NokeNoke Members Posts: 2,116 ✭✭
    Very sad.

As an Iowan and ISU alum I've been cheering for her. Her family must be devastated. Send your daughter away to study at a safe small city/college town and this happens.

Wow.
  • Awsi DoogerAwsi Dooger Members Posts: 4,204 ✭✭
    Really shocking. I was familiar with the name via Q School scores, although I didn't know anything about her game. She advanced to Second Stage.

I remember struggling with her last name and thinking I would just remember her as Celia from Spain.

There have been stories of homeless people living on or alongside golf courses. I remember a guy who was discovered to have lived on the Palmetto course in southwest Dade County for a decade or more. I play that course. But he was harmless. I have never heard of any type of attack like this.
  • Railroading13Railroading13 NebraskaMembers Posts: 619 ✭✭
    Tragic and heartbreaking, as a father of a young girl every time I read these stories it fills me with rage. Heartbreaking loss, RIP Celia
    WITB

Cobra King LTD 9.5 Fujikura Pro 73 X
    Cobra Bio Cell 14.5 Diamana D+ 80 X
    Cobra Bio Cell+ 18.5 Diamana Ahina 80X
    Mizuno MP18 Fli Hi 4-5 KBS Tour 130X
    Mizuno MP18 SC 6-PW KBS Tour 130X
    Mizuno S18 GW 52.9
    Mizuno T5 SW 56.14
    Callaway PM Grind 60.10
    Odyssey O Works 7s W/ Superstroke 50G counterweight
  • oz dee ceeoz dee cee Members Posts: 474 ✭✭
    Terrible. Thoughts with her family and friends. Hope the young fella gets life.
  • NessismNessism To measure is to know... Members Posts: 18,365 ✭✭
    Sad is an understatement. What the **** is wrong with people these days? Just because your life sucks that doesn't mean you need to make other people suffer too.
    Ping G400 driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 5 wood w/Aldila Black 70S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 Hybrid w/Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
    Ping G410 irons w/Recoil 95S (i200 backups)
    Ping Glide 50/55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110S
    Ping Anser/Arna putter - the "real deal!"
  • ChronicSlicerChronicSlicer Members Posts: 954 ✭✭
    oz dee cee wrote:

Hope he gets life? I`m not so sure he deserves to live to be an old man, would you feel the same if that was your child?
  • Awsi DoogerAwsi Dooger Members Posts: 4,204 ✭✭
    In reading other articles, apparently Celia had used up her eligibility but was a year from graduation. That's why she was still on campus instead of at the fall tournament with the Iowa State team.

Too bad she didn't have a teammate or another local player who was prepping for Q School also. They might have been playing together instead of Celia alone.

These days with golf declining in popularity I have to say there are many more examples of wide open courses and not many people playing. I'm not familiar with that course but I see it all the time here in Miami. Typically I love it because I can zip around, playing more quickly, and squeezing in extra holes before dark. Not once did I ever consider that an open course posed more danger to a golfer.

Females playing alone is so rare around here I'd hate to identify the last time I saw it.
  • OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, ScotlandMembers Posts: 2,262 ✭✭
    Initial reaction is sadness and despair but these kind of things make me so angry.

To lose a loved one like this must be absolutely horrific for the family and friends.
    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • M4TTM4TT EnglandMembers Posts: 1,391 ✭✭
    This bum does not deserve to breathe the same air. Put him in a room with her family and let them deal with him. Scum.

RIP to this young lady.

TAYLORMADE M3 RIP'D X 6.5
    COBRA F8 19* HZRDUS BLACK 6.5
    CALLAWAY XR PRO 23* PX 6.0
    TAYLORMADE R9 TP 5 IRON KBS S
    TAYLORMADE MC 6-PW KBS S TITLEIST SM6 52, 24, 56
    SCOTTY CAMERON 2018 NEWPORT
    TITLEIST PROV1 X
    CLICGEAR 3.5
    TITLEIST TOUR BAG

• Hot Rod 71Hot Rod 71 #TheWRX ClubWRX, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 8,870 ClubWRX
    Nessism wrote:

Sad is an understatement. What the **** is wrong with people these days? Just because your life sucks that doesn't mean you need to make other people suffer too.

Misery loves company.

RIP Celia.
    TaylorMade M1 9.5* Tour Issue - Black AD DI 6X
    TaylorMade M1 15* Tour Issue - Aldila Tour Blue 75X
    Callaway Apex 20* - Diamana S+ 80X
    PXG Gen1 0311T - DGTI AMT S400
    Cleveland RTX4 50, 54, 58 - DGTI S400
    Machine M2A
    Titleist Pro V1 Yellow
  • Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day. Members Posts: 6,214 ✭✭

oz dee cee wrote:

Hope he gets life? I`m not so sure he deserves to live to be an old man, would you feel the same if that was your child?
    There is no Capital Punishment in Iowa.
    Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
    Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • ChronicSlicerChronicSlicer Members Posts: 954 ✭✭
    Qqq123xx wrote:

oz dee cee wrote:

There is no Capital Punishment in Iowa.

I`d love to comment on that, but I won`t out of respect for the deceased, and their family.
  • buckeyeflbuckeyefl Members Posts: 5,465 ✭✭
    Tragic to say the least.