2019 Equipment Contract Changes

Comments

• bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Members Posts: 25,860 ✭✭
    zero chance this happens unless cobra is going out of business.. who else sells puma? and cobra clubs ...which are good quality sticks. But still ... people buy because of pros use... some say not.. but im telling you taylormade sold a shat ton of spiders because of DJ.... and then sold ardmore 3s because of tiger.... no chance they sell more than 12-15 armore 3s on their own..lol
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    TM Tour M5 19.8 * Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX  
    Titleist Tour Proto MB 3-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • dcopp7dcopp7 Members Posts: 956 ✭✭

Not like Cobra is killing it in the market. I can't remember the last time I've seen Cobra anything in bags around the courses I play. I could very easily see Cobra leaving golf just like Nike did.
    50% of my 36 man league had Cobra drivers this year. Not kidding.
    Callaway Hyper X 9* what's the point?

Taylormade (original) RBZ 15* 3W

Cleveland Launcher 3W 15*

Synchron Vespa 19* hybrid

Orlimar 23* 7W

Dynacraft Prophet CB flexface 5i-PW

Acer XB 52* & 58* wedges

Orlimar putter
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭
    DFS PFD wrote:

Would be a good way to introduce the 985's, in Rickie's bag.

If they have a black finish, they’ll sel like hot cakes
  • Nic1972Nic1972 Members Posts: 703 ✭✭
    iteachgolf wrote:

iteachgolf wrote:

If true, it could be a Srixon club deal with Puma apparel. Similar to the Nike deals.

Except Puma owns Cobra so that’s never happen. All puma players are also Cobra

Gary Woodland? Looks like he wears Puma and clearly plays a mixed bag.

Gary has worn adidas and Nike as well this year. To my knowledge he’s not on a contract with Puma, at least not yet

Ben Crane, Graham DeLeat, Soren Kjeldsen and Alvaro Quiros are all under contract with Puma but do not play Cobra clubs.
    Driver: Nike Covert Pro 2.0 / Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Ltd 60 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Mini-Driver: Callaway X2Hot 2-Deep / Aldila Tour Green ATX75 3.7 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    3-Wood: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 TP / Matrix Ozik Rul 80 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    DI: Adams DHY Pro (18') / Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black /White
    Hybrids: Titleist 585H (21°); Adams 9031 Pro (24°) / Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Irons: Mizuno MP H-5 (4 Iron); Mizuno MP 4 (5 - PW) / Mitsubishi OT-I 105 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Wedges: Vokey SM 7 (50F08, 54M08, 58L04) / Project X LZ 6.0 / Golf Pride MCC Align Black /White
    Putter: Yes Callie & Scotty Cameron California Fastback / UST Mamiya Frequency Filtered / Golf Pride Tour SNSR 104 Pistol
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
    Apparel: Nike
    Glove: Nike Tour Classic
    Shoes: Nike Lunar Command 2
    Bag: Nike
  • clichecliche Members Posts: 758 ✭✭

zero chance this happens unless cobra is going out of business.. who else sells puma? and cobra clubs ...which are good quality sticks. But still ... people buy because of pros use... some say not.. but im telling you taylormade sold a shat ton of spiders because of DJ.... and then sold ardmore 3s because of tiger.... no chance they sell more than 12-15 armore 3s on their own..lol

i doubt that. when i would go on the range at my muni, half of the people wouldn't even know who DJ is
  • Black'N'GoldBlack'N'Gold Members Posts: 158 ✭✭

iteachgolf wrote:

iteachgolf wrote:

If true, it could be a Srixon club deal with Puma apparel. Similar to the Nike deals.

Except Puma owns Cobra so that's never happen. All puma players are also Cobra

Gary Woodland? Looks like he wears Puma and clearly plays a mixed bag.

Gary has worn adidas and Nike as well this year. To my knowledge he's not on a contract with Puma, at least not yet

Woodland is clothing free agent.

I thought I had read that Woodland had signed a deal or at least an agreement with Folds of Honor, which is maybe why he has been wearing a lot of Puma (Volition) gear lately. I couldn't find anything on it after a quick google search, though, so take that with a grain of salt.
  • The Mad BomberThe Mad Bomber I seem to not like new things. Get off my lawn... Members Posts: 1,036 ✭✭
    cliche wrote:

i doubt that. when i would go on the range at my muni, half of the people wouldn't even know who DJ is

You can doubt all you want. When both DJ and JDay popped up every week with those pizza boxes, TaylorMade Spider sales went way up. All of a sudden there's a dozen of them on the shelf where they used to carry one or two.
    915 D3 7.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
    909F2 15.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
    T-MB 2 iron C-Taper
    Mizzy MP-5 4-9 C-Taper
    SM6 47º, 52º, 56º C-Taper
    Mizzy S18 60-06º Blue Ion
    Scotty Newport 2, 35" Tour Issue X7, Hard stepped x2, Tipped 2"

WITB link
  • KennyPKennyP Members Posts: 864 ✭✭
    Well this thread is off to a good start and no one has mentioned PXG yet!
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members Posts: 3,114 ✭✭
    Who cares these days? The win on Sunday, sell on Monday mantra is long gone. With modern fitting it is unlikely any sensible player will buy something because player X uses it. Same with clothes. Some gear is in the shops before it is seen on tour. What I would like to see is people say no to Nike. They are swamping the tour with some hideous apparel.
  • rangersgoalierangersgoalie Members Posts: 1,769 ✭✭
    If this happens, is this cobra moving all in with Bryson and single length.?
  • buckeyeflbuckeyefl Members Posts: 5,452 ✭✭
    cliche wrote:

Doubt it all you like but go to a big golf area and talk to retailers the day after someone wins with a new putter/driver. Its crazy.
  • buckeyeflbuckeyefl Members Posts: 5,452 ✭✭
    elwhippy wrote:

Who cares these days? The win on Sunday, sell on Monday mantra is long gone. With modern fitting it is unlikely any sensible player will buy something because player X uses it. Same with clothes. Some gear is in the shops before it is seen on tour. What I would like to see is people say no to Nike. They are swamping the tour with some hideous apparel.

I guarantee its not gone. Thats how people, especially golfers, think unless something has happened to the human mind recently. I remember an Edwin Watts receiveing 125 phone calls about a putter after someone won with a particular model that had just come out. Its real or companies wouldnt be forking over the money to players.
    cliche wrote:

Soooo. For years Taylormade has produced spiders in a lot of shapes and sizes and thy sold so so for $150. Dj starts playing one and suddenly they sell out everywhere for $300 and there’s no correlation ? Hmmmm.
  • PumaAttackPumaAttack French Canuck Members Posts: 146 ✭✭
    Golf64 wrote:

WOW, that is interesting scoop! 785s are sweet sticks!

I randomly picked one up at the PGA store last weekend and loved it. Thought about buying them on the spot
  • golf_bhoygolf_bhoy Members Posts: 180 ✭✭

My friend's buddy, who is buddies with another friend, who has a buddy, told my other buddy that his buddy said that his friend's buddies buddy is full of crap.

I saw that guy pass out at 31 flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
    Titleist 917 D2 - Diamana White S
    Titleist 915F 16.5*, 910h 21*
    Callaway Apex Pro 4-A
    Callaway MD3 56*, 60*
    Odyssey Versa #1
    golf_bhoy wrote:

My friend's buddy, who is buddies with another friend, who has a buddy, told my other buddy that his buddy said that his friend's buddies buddy is full of crap.

All time great. Kids today don’t know what they don’t have. 70-89 was golden age of movies and tv in my opinion. From then on everything is a rehash of those days.
  • The Mad BomberThe Mad Bomber I seem to not like new things. Get off my lawn... Members Posts: 1,036 ✭✭
    elwhippy wrote:

This just isn't true. Marketing teams in every industry have an amazing number of up to date metrics at their disposal. They correlate marketing and sponsorship budgets to those metrics. If the returns weren't there, the endorsement contracts and advertising campaigns wouldn't be either. To the completely opposite point that I just made, Mizuno did virtually no marketing at all and the sales of the JPX Tour went beyond their wildest dreams after a few players, that weren't contractually obligated to do so, bagged them on the PGA tour. The Majors didn't hurt one bit. I think your viewpoint is skewed by a sample of people at WRX that are far more in-tune with the equipment industry and what's going on then the average consumer.
    T-MB 2 iron C-Taper
    Mizzy MP-5 4-9 C-Taper

WITB link
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭
    golf_bhoy wrote:

Don’t bring Ferris into this. You’re gonna start a war. You know how many people still want a sequel, all this time later?
  • mjbaker80mjbaker80 Members Posts: 615 ✭✭
    I did hear that Koepka May be going to Cobra.
  • GDTBATHGDTBATH Members Posts: 125 ✭✭
    I’ll be most interested to see who Koepka signs with. On the podcast, Vosh basically said that while Mizuno had no intention of spending without TM and Callaway, they recognized they needed to get back in the tour game. They need to make Koepka their signature player.
    mjbaker80 wrote:

I did hear that Koepka May be going to Cobra.

Hard to see that. After 3 majors with Mizzys that basically were designed for him, hard to think he'd change the formula.
    T-MB 2 iron C-Taper
    Mizzy MP-5 4-9 C-Taper

WITB link
  • slicktryslicktry @meximenno Members Posts: 2,539 ✭✭
    Fowler is NOT going anywhere anytime soon. However, don't be surprised when Honma signs a couple of very recognizable names.

God Bless

Jer
    '17 M1 10.5* + w/ ATX Green 85TX
    '16 M2 DF 13* w/ DGSL X100
    16* Adams Red w/ DG X100
    20* Adams Red w/ DG X100
    4-PW ?????????????
    52* TM EF ATV w/ C Taper S+
    58* PM Grind w/ C Taper S+
    Spider Mini Tour Black 33.5" w/BGT Stability Shaft
  • andrieddleandrieddle Members Posts: 1,798 ✭✭
    Koepka can go to Puma and Cobra (drivers and bags) but still plays the Mizuno irons

anything can happen, at the end of the day money speaks, so we'll see.
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Cobra Fly Z+ (11)
    Cobra Bio Cell 4W (16)
    TaylorMade R15 4H (21)
    FourteeN TC 606 (5-P/A)

Bridgestone J15 (50)
    Callaway MD2 (56/60)
    Odyssey EXO 7S
    [/font]
  • pcs11pcs11 Members Posts: 1,168 ✭✭
    My best friend's wife's sister's dog told me that everybody with a heartbeat is signing an apparel deal with Nike.
    Honma 727 430 10.5° - UST Elements Chrome 65
    Callaway XHot 3Deep 14.5 ° - KuroKage Tini Proto 70
    Callaway X2Hot Pro 19° - Diamana B70
    Mizuno MP 18 FliHi (3-4) - Matrix Altus
    Mizuno MP 54 (5-9) - Nippon Modus 105
    Vokey 46° 52° 58° - KBS Tour 115
    Bettinardi BBF1 or Bettinardi Kuch2
  • RangerVRangerV My ProV’s are frozen Members Posts: 173 ✭✭
    elwhippy wrote:

One look at the BST and WTB pages after Tiger made his switch from the Tensei orange to the Diamana proves this is still a thing. Guys that swing 100 mph still want the shaft Tiger uses with a 120 mph swing just because it is Tiger.
    TM M3 w/ Diamana Whiteboard 73X
    TM M2 Tour 3HL w/ Diamana Blueboard 83X
    Mizuno Mp FliHi Cut Muscle w/ GD Tour AD 95X
    Mizuno Mp59 w/ TI DG X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Brushed Steel 50/55/60 w/ TI DG S400
    Ping Vault 2.0 Stealth Anser
  • scooterboy59scooterboy59 Members Posts: 978 ✭✭
    Stanks wrote:

golf_bhoy wrote:

Don't bring Ferris into this. You're gonna start a war. You know how many people still want a sequel, all this time later?
    It's way to late for this. Abe Froman is only funny once.
  • chadillac65chadillac65 FloridaMembers Posts: 315 ✭✭

Rose to Honma given his relationship with MArk King

Bank it
    Driver: TaylorMade M5 9* Mitshibishi Tensei Orange 60 TX 45.5 inches
    3 Wood: TaylorMade M4 15* Mitshibishi Tensei White 70 S tipped .5 inches 43.5 inches
    Hybrid: Titleist 818 H2 17* Matrix Altus 85 S tipped .5 inch 40.5 inches
    Irons: TaylorMade P790 4-GW / Project X LZ 6.5
    Wedge: TaylorMade Mill Grind Raw 56* / DG S400 TaylorMade High Toe 60* / DG S400
    Putter: Evnroll ER9 35 inches
  • leejohnkiehleejohnkieh Members Posts: 554 ✭✭
    cliche wrote:

Rip a couple Dustin Johnson's
    Team NIKE
    Titleist TS3 9.5 - GD AD-BB 7X
    Titleist TS2 15* - Diamana LTD D+ 80X
    Titleist 718 T-MB 3 Iron - Tensei Pro White 100TX
    Titleist Vokey SM6 (50, 54) - Raw
    Titleist Vokey SM6 (58) - Brushed Copper
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M - 34"
    My WITB
    Tacoma Country & Golf Club Member
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, FloridaMembers Posts: 1,728 ✭✭
    Oaks wrote:
    Honman wrote:

There is a rumour floating around of Justin Rose moving to Honma

Might make sense with Mark King running Honma NA and they were rumored to be making a push onto Tour

I just made a post on this, so sorry for doubling up, but a source I trust has said today this is a done deal. I just assumed he called me from work after day drinking, but crazier s*** has happened in the golf world.
    Driver: He who shall not be named...
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    5 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star 2018 (Yellow)
  • MarkFromTheUKMarkFromTheUK Members Posts: 4,639 ✭✭
    My tea leaves told me that JT is going to PXG.
    PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
    PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
    PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
    PXG Operator H - 34.5”
    Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
    PXG 50/50 Staff Bag