Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46

Comments

• Tre4ISUTre4ISU  92ClubWRX Posts: 92
    9400 wrote:

3woodvt wrote:

BigHook25 wrote:

I have to say with the design of the M5 and M6 drivers, they look gigantic at address, almost like they are 580 cc or something. For some reason though, the fairway woods look good and perfect size, even the M6 which is larger cc (181) than I normally like. Now this has no impact on performance because I didn't get a chance to hit them.
    You're not alone lol I thought the same thing when I first saw them.

This is surprising to me. I have compared my 2017 M2 to both the M5 and M6 and actually thought the exact opposite. The M2 looked gigantic next to both of them. Interesting.

I thought it was just me. I thought the M5 looked like a Tour head and relatively small compared to my M1
    Posted:

TM M5 9* Synergy Green Graphene Proto 70TX
    TM M5 15* Pro White 70TX
    TM P790 3i Pro White 100TX
    Mizuno MP-18 MB 4-PW Project X Rifle 6.5
    Mizuno T-5 50*, 56*, and 60* Project X Rifle 6.5
    2016 SC Newport 2.5 33"
    TM TP5

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • tcutshaw1723tcutshaw1723  89ClubWRX Posts: 89
    Lemonde wrote:

I have never gotten along with Taylormade drivers and quite honestly hate their marketing. I went to get fit at a reputable company in Las Vegas who is brand neutral. He actually is on staff with mizuno for irons. I currently game a rogue sub zero and switch between an Accra tour z and the Graphite design listed in my signature. On this day I had the Accra in and he MADE me hit the Taylormade when I was for certain going to buy either the F9 , the Mizuno or the Epic Flash. Boy am I glad he did. The m5 with the stock tensei orange not only carried 10 yards further than its closest competitor (my rogue) it also rolled out 8 yards further than my rogue. The spin was basically the same with the stock tensei and the dispersion and sound were much better as well. I ordered one on the spot and am going back next week for a shaft fitting. I was absolutely blown away. I am typically a high spin player and the m5 killed the spin for me. I can't wait to get it with a custom shaft to really see what it can do.

Keep us in the loop on how the shaft fitting goes. When I hit with the standard orange at stiff I was missing left with a draw but spin and trajectory was perfect at 15 and 1700 . There was a comment made that I didn’t need a shaft fitting with these #s.
    My spin is usually around 2300-2750 with stock shafts and this one was right at 2000-2300 but I did hook a few. I hit the x flex and it helped a bit but the numbers were outrageous. I would have done a shaft fitting right then but he had another appointment set up so I couldn't do it. He was thinking a mid/ low shaft would be best for me and that I could probably get another 10-13 yrds in carry. These m5's are amazing and I never thought I'd own a taylormade club ever again.
    Posted:
    LH Taylormade M5 Aldila ATX Tour Green Proto 60 tx
    LH Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 3+  Kuro Kage XD x stiff tipped 1/2 in
    LH PXG 0317x 19 3h project x 6.5
    LH Miura CB no paintfill 4-PW project x catalyst 6.5
    LH 50, vokey sm5 black hand hammered, stamped and parts refinished to raw
    LH Cobra TrustyRusty 53 hand hammered, stamped and paintfilled
    LH Taylormade HiToe 58 removed some finish to raw, stamped and paintfilled
    LH Scotty Cameron Phantom x 7 35 in.   on the bench: Handmade Cushman Custom
    Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis Maple Leaf
    Cru desinged custom headcovers
    Custom Ping Hoofer 14
  • Deuce78Deuce78  1293Members Posts: 1,293
    odshot68 wrote:
    I hit most the new fairway woods yesterday (less ping and Mizuno) and the only one that didn’t go left and gave me a straight shot to a slight cut which is what I want was the m6 rocket 14 degree. This was a beast. The shaft is junk and with poor custom options I’m putting my own shaft in it. The surprising thing was how high I could hit off the deck on a tight mat as well. The epic flash sat closed and just didn’t get along with flash subzero. The cobra tour just hooked. Also not a fan on the m5 either. I will say I hit the standard m6 and it spun way too much. The rocket was quite a bit better.

Rocket boys image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Posted:
    TM M5 [email protected] HZRDUS T1100 65g 6.5
    PING G410 [email protected] HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5 
    PING G410 17.5 HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5
    Nike vapor fly pro 2 iron black tie 105x
    MP32/712mb/MP69/714mb/MP4/s55/900 Tour/iblade/5-7-965 combo/MP63/iblade 3-PW
    Vokey sm6/Tour Gorge/TVD/black Glides
    NIPPON 1150gh X flex/kbs tour V 120x/Steelfiber 125x
    Kuchar #1/Lamont Mann Custom ARM LOCK/custom Arm Locks-Scotty, Odyssey, TM
  • Natural1Natural1  119Members Posts: 119
    Tre4ISU wrote:

9400 wrote:

3woodvt wrote:

BigHook25 wrote:

I have to say with the design of the M5 and M6 drivers, they look gigantic at address, almost like they are 580 cc or something. For some reason though, the fairway woods look good and perfect size, even the M6 which is larger cc (181) than I normally like. Now this has no impact on performance because I didn't get a chance to hit them.

This is surprising to me. I have compared my 2017 M2 to both the M5 and M6 and actually thought the exact opposite. The M2 looked gigantic next to both of them. Interesting.

I thought it was just me. I thought the M5 looked like a Tour head and relatively small compared to my M1

Agree. My 2017 M1 looks larger to me
    Posted:
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom***  31080Members Posts: 31,080
    Deuce78 wrote:

odshot68 wrote:
    I hit most the new fairway woods yesterday (less ping and Mizuno) and the only one that didn’t go left and gave me a straight shot to a slight cut which is what I want was the m6 rocket 14 degree. This was a beast. The shaft is junk and with poor custom options I’m putting my own shaft in it. The surprising thing was how high I could hit off the deck on a tight mat as well. The epic flash sat closed and just didn’t get along with flash subzero. The cobra tour just hooked. Also not a fan on the m5 either. I will say I hit the standard m6 and it spun way too much. The rocket was quite a bit better.

Looks great man, do you love it!
    Posted:
    Deuce78 wrote:

odshot68 wrote:

Looks great man, do you love it!

I will say I did enjoy hitting it at the range. I have to like the look. Looks great. Sound is fantastic. And it was pretty dang consistent. It was spinning with the stock stiff, so I just put in the hzrdus black 75 6.5. Should take care of that. I do also have a speeder tour spec, and a diamana d+ ltd white 70x to try. I went with the hzrdus because it was tip heavy and I needed the swingweight to work out with my midsize grip....complications of a club ho!..... I will put it up against my g400 hzrdus yellow 75 6.5 which nothing has beat yet in two years.... the m5 also felt great but did not get the consistency, I think due to the stock shaft in it must be a terrible fit for me. Maybe a ts3 or pxg in the mix as well.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • BigHook25BigHook25  2295Members Posts: 2,295
    Natural1 wrote:

Tre4ISU wrote:

9400 wrote:

3woodvt wrote:

BigHook25 wrote:

Agree. My 2017 M1 looks larger to me

Well, I also thought the 2017 M1 looked large. I think its just with the way the crown is. With just a little white or silver surrounding the carbon, for some reason they just look really big to me. The other manufacturers drivers don't look as large.
    Posted:
  • LemondeLemonde  745Members Posts: 745
    M5 looks small to me. Particularly against the m1 v2
    Posted:
    Driver - TM M5 Tour 435 10.5 Tensei Stock Orange X
    On Order - TM Original One Mini 13.5 Hzrdus Black 75 6.5
    Fairway - Ping G410 14.5 Evenflow Black 85 6.5 
    Hybrid - TM M6 19 Hzrdus Black 85 6.5
    Irons - W/S C300 Forged 5-GW KBS Tour V XStiff
    Wedge - Mizuno S18 56
    Wedge - TM Hi Toe 58
    Putter - Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Lemonde wrote:

I have never gotten along with Taylormade drivers and quite honestly hate their marketing. I went to get fit at a reputable company in Las Vegas who is brand neutral. He actually is on staff with mizuno for irons. I currently game a rogue sub zero and switch between an Accra tour z and the Graphite design listed in my signature. On this day I had the Accra in and he MADE me hit the Taylormade when I was for certain going to buy either the F9 , the Mizuno or the Epic Flash. Boy am I glad he did. The m5 with the stock tensei orange not only carried 10 yards further than its closest competitor (my rogue) it also rolled out 8 yards further than my rogue. The spin was basically the same with the stock tensei and the dispersion and sound were much better as well. I ordered one on the spot and am going back next week for a shaft fitting. I was absolutely blown away. I am typically a high spin player and the m5 killed the spin for me. I can't wait to get it with a custom shaft to really see what it can do.

Keep us in the loop on how the shaft fitting goes. When I hit with the standard orange at stiff I was missing left with a draw but spin and trajectory was perfect at 15 and 1700 . There was a comment made that I didn’t need a shaft fitting with these #s.
    My spin is usually around 2300-2750 with stock shafts and this one was right at 2000-2300 but I did hook a few. I hit the x flex and it helped a bit but the numbers were outrageous. I would have done a shaft fitting right then but he had another appointment set up so I couldn't do it. He was thinking a mid/ low shaft would be best for me and that I could probably get another 10-13 yrds in carry. These m5's are amazing and I never thought I'd own a taylormade club ever again.

So I had your existing driver shaft in an m1 440 and it didn’t go well because tm tipped it twice , I sent it back and they tipped it again. I found the pro orange in stiff to be much straighter with the same numbers of launch and spin. Might be an option for you.
    Posted:
    Wedge - Mizuno S18 56
    Wedge - TM Hi Toe 58
  • SC-TX 88SC-TX 88  1063Members Posts: 1,063
    Looks like both my rocket 3 and 5 woods in the M5 shipped and will be here Thursday. Originally when I custom ordered them it was saying March for the 5 wood and April for the 3. My spider x has not shipped yet though.
    Posted:
    M5 9.0 w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX tipped 1”
    M6 TI 3 (actual 14.8) w/Tensei Pro White 80 TX tipped 1.5”
    Miura MB 001 3-PW w/ PX LZ 7.0
    Vokey Indigo 452F (51 actual), Vokey SM7 Blue 54.08M (55 actual), Vokey WedgeWorks Blue 60T (52 PX LZ 6.5, 54/60 DGTI S400)
    Scotty Studio Select NP2/Taylormade Spider X
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS

Course dependent: P790 UDI w/ PX LZ 7.0; M5 5 wood w/Fuji Speeder 9.2 TS X

Hitting the rocket in the net some today....This is what happens when you hit a prov1 ball too many times with the Rocket 3 wood...
    Posted:

Advertisement
    Also, it was the loudest sound ever in the history of hitting golf balls...Haha.
    Posted:
  • coreylcoreyl Hacker  1172Members Posts: 1,172
    SC-TX 88 wrote:

Looks like both my rocket 3 and 5 woods in the M5 shipped and will be here Thursday. Originally when I custom ordered them it was saying March for the 5 wood and April for the 3. My spider x has not shipped yet though.

My M5 rocket 3 shipped today as well and says Thursday, however FedEx has been around 5 days late with my last few packages. FedEx sucks!
    Posted:
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle  2404Members Posts: 2,404
    tmag hit the name jackpot with 'rocket' . it sounds so much better than 3+
    Posted:
  • ry1808ry1808  347Members Posts: 347
    Just got my M5 rocket in with a Tensei Pro White TX 80. Cranked it down to 12 degrees and this thing flies. I’ll be playing the first tournament of the year tomorrow and it’s going straight in the bag as a driver replacement. Got to get the fairway %’s up!
    Posted:
  • mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting..... Atlanta, GA 974Members Posts: 974
    ry1808 wrote:
    Just got my M5 rocket in with a Tensei Pro White TX 80. Cranked it down to 12 degrees and this thing flies. I’ll be playing the first tournament of the year tomorrow and it’s going straight in the bag as a driver replacement. Got to get the fairway %’s up!

I thought about doing the same thing. I’ve been stuck on ordering either the rocket 3 or the 15* and cranking it down
    Posted:
    WITB

Driver - ***under construction***
    3W - ***under construction***
    Irons - ***under construction***
    Wedges - ***under construction***
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant

Advertisement
  • bogeyprobogeypro The Original Bogeypro AL 3282ClubWRX Posts: 3,282
    That’s the whole point of the white on the head ... the visual was to look larger and more forgiving. I bag the 440 and it looks about perfect to me.
    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 8.5 
    Titleist TS2 15* 
    Titleist TS3 19 hybrid
    Titleist T200 4-gap
    Vokey SM7 52/58 wedges
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m
  • BearQBearQ  3667Members Posts: 3,667
    ry1808 wrote:

Is your driver set to 7*? 😂
    Posted:

• tcutshaw1723tcutshaw1723  89ClubWRX Posts: 89
    Lemonde wrote:

Lemonde wrote:

So I had your existing driver shaft in an m1 440 and it didn’t go well because tm tipped it twice , I sent it back and they tipped it again. I found the pro orange in stiff to be much straighter with the same numbers of launch and spin. Might be an option for you.
    I ordered it with the stock tensei orange in xstiff and we will see what happens. I am a shaft snob so I will be buying something aftermarket unless the numbers are worse. The stock shaft is **** good though you're right. So much better than any other driver I've purchased before.
    Posted:
    LH Taylormade M5 Aldila ATX Tour Green Proto 60 tx
    LH Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 3+  Kuro Kage XD x stiff tipped 1/2 in
    LH PXG 0317x 19 3h project x 6.5
    LH Miura CB no paintfill 4-PW project x catalyst 6.5
    LH 50, vokey sm5 black hand hammered, stamped and parts refinished to raw
    LH Cobra TrustyRusty 53 hand hammered, stamped and paintfilled
    LH Taylormade HiToe 58 removed some finish to raw, stamped and paintfilled
    LH Scotty Cameron Phantom x 7 35 in.   on the bench: Handmade Cushman Custom
    Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis Maple Leaf
    Cru desinged custom headcovers
    Custom Ping Hoofer 14
  • Tre4ISUTre4ISU  92ClubWRX Posts: 92
    Has anyone compared the 3W and 5W when using adjustment. I only carry one wood and wondering which direction to go. I have an M 3 and 5 right now and I switch them out depending on the course. What I'm wondering is if there is anything surprising when you adjust each to 17 degrees and would I rather have the 3 wood adjusted up or the 5 wood adjusted down if I'm going that direction. Honestly I'm half tempted to keep my current setup the way it is because I have the flexibility but these M5s look so good.

I know I should figure all of this stuff out on my own but I'm 2 hours from anywhere I can do that. It's just as affordable to guess and check sometimes.
    Posted:

TM M5 9* Synergy Green Graphene Proto 70TX
    TM M5 15* Pro White 70TX
    TM P790 3i Pro White 100TX
    Mizuno MP-18 MB 4-PW Project X Rifle 6.5
    Mizuno T-5 50*, 56*, and 60* Project X Rifle 6.5
    2016 SC Newport 2.5 33"
    TM TP5

• A.G. Pennypacker A.G. Pennypacker  489Members Posts: 489
    Depends if you like an open or closed face. If you adjust the 15* club up to 17* it will close the face a fair amount. Likewise if you adjust a 19* club down to 17* it will open the face up.

I use a 15* adjusted down a bit instead of a 13.5* adjusted up for this specific reason - I like my clubs to sit a bit open.
    Posted:

Advertisement

Lemonde wrote:

Lemonde wrote:

I ordered it with the stock tensei orange in xstiff and we will see what happens. I am a shaft snob so I will be buying something aftermarket unless the numbers are worse. The stock shaft is **** good though you're right. So much better than any other driver I've purchased before.

Well I’m a shaft snob too so torn between the pro orange tx and the regular x . I might go your route as well. What loft did you go with?
    Posted:
    Wedge - Mizuno S18 56
    Wedge - TM Hi Toe 58
  • ry1808ry1808  347Members Posts: 347
    BearQ wrote:

ry1808 wrote:

Just got my M5 rocket in with a Tensei Pro White TX 80. Cranked it down to 12 degrees and this thing flies. I'll be playing the first tournament of the year tomorrow and it's going straight in the bag as a driver replacement. Got to get the fairway %'s up!

Is your driver set to 7*? ��

Yes...

About 12 years ago I broke my left leg badly and I hit everything on the up and spin it very high.

Didn't carry a driver today. Hit 12/14 fairways but my iron play was shocking. Didn't loose too much distance and on a wet course I wasn't hitting anything crazy with my approach shots. Couple of times I'd be hitting a 6 where in the summer with a well struck drive I'd be hitting an 8.
    Posted:
  • BearQBearQ  3667Members Posts: 3,667
    ry1808 wrote:

BearQ wrote:

ry1808 wrote:

Just got my M5 rocket in with a Tensei Pro White TX 80. Cranked it down to 12 degrees and this thing flies. I'll be playing the first tournament of the year tomorrow and it's going straight in the bag as a driver replacement. Got to get the fairway %'s up!

Is your driver set to 7*? ��

Yes...

About 12 years ago I broke my left leg badly and I hit everything on the up and spin it very high.

Didn't carry a driver today. Hit 12/14 fairways but my iron play was shocking. Didn't loose too much distance and on a wet course I wasn't hitting anything crazy with my approach shots. Couple of times I'd be hitting a 6 where in the summer with a well struck drive I'd be hitting an 8.

**** I hear ya!

Two hip surgeries later, I come into the ball differently each swing lol. Try to save it with matrix levels of hand eye
    Posted:

• 9ccat99ccat9  1000Members Posts: 1,000
    Took the M6D head and a M5 5w to TopGolf last night. Once I put a tee in the ground at proper height vs the 1/2in tee they provide the Driver was awesome. Loved the tight ball flight and launch, the sound and feel were great. Hit the 5w with the Tensei Orange and was super impressed how it felt. It was set 1 open and was giving me missiles off the back screen, I currently do not have a fairway so his may go right in the bag. Driver will be in the bag with either the Tour Blue 75x, the new Tour Blue, or an IZ. Love the Tour Blue, not sure if I should go IZ 6x, 7s, or 7x when I order to try??
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    TM M6D 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S
    TM GAPR Hi 3 KBS C-Taper Lite S100
    TM 19 790 4-PW, KBS C-Taper Lite S110
    TM Hi Toe 54 DG S300
    TM MG 58 Black DG S300
    TM Dupage 35
    TM TP5X balls
  • sbjinxsbjinx Orange County 2508Members Posts: 2,508
    Anyone crack their M5 yet? According to some it’s a wide spread QC issue and 70% of drivers should be falling apart after a few swings.
    Posted:

Callaway Epic TD - Project X Smoke
    TM M2 - 15*
    Callaway Apex - 19*
    Bridgestone J15 - 4-PW
    Titleist SM7 - 52* & 58*
    Spider X

Advertisement
  • wobgonwobgon  7553Members Posts: 7,553
    sbjinx wrote:

Anyone crack their M5 yet? According to some it's a wide spread QC issue and 70% of drivers should be falling apart after a few swings.

Exaggerate much?
    Posted:
  • chris975dchris975d Georgia 1954ClubWRX Posts: 1,954
    wobgon wrote:
    sbjinx wrote:

Anyone crack their M5 yet? According to some it's a wide spread QC issue and 70% of drivers should be falling apart after a few swings.

Exaggerate much?

I think that was sarcasm.
    Posted:
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
  • wobgonwobgon  7553Members Posts: 7,553
    chris975d wrote:

wobgon wrote:
    sbjinx wrote:

Exaggerate much?

My apologies.....An extra drink and not enough sleep.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • sbjinxsbjinx Orange County 2508Members Posts: 2,508
    wobgon wrote:

chris975d wrote:

wobgon wrote:
    sbjinx wrote:

Exaggerate much?

My apologies.....An extra drink and not enough sleep.

No apologies. I was bored and was being a smart a**.

Although I am really curious if anyone else has had issues now that they’ve been out for a week or two.
    Posted:

Callaway Epic TD - Project X Smoke
    TM M2 - 15*
    Callaway Apex - 19*
    Bridgestone J15 - 4-PW
    Titleist SM7 - 52* & 58*
    Spider X

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file