Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46

Comments

• CStephenson17CStephenson17  692WRX Points: 102Handicap: +1ClubWRX Posts: 692 ClubWRX
    QuigleyDU wrote:

Saw this on Instagram

it is not a real club, it is a photo-shopped version. That being said, i kinda like the dark leading edge idea.

Not saying it means much but Johnny Ruiz liked it showing in the picture. He is a TM staffer, may know what it actually looks like and this may be it??
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • JonnyKrasnodarJonnyKrasnodar  1897WRX Points: 176Members Posts: 1,897 Platinum Tees
    Apart from the colour scheme being from Ping's ladies range, it doesn't look too bad. But if TM are going for GBB looks I'm not sure what it says about the future of the company.
    Posted:
  • GoPios25GoPios25  146WRX Points: 38Members Posts: 146 Fairways

QuigleyDU wrote:

Saw this on Instagram

it is not a real club, it is a photo-shopped version. That being said, i kinda like the dark leading edge idea.

Not saying it means much but Johnny Ruiz liked it showing in the picture. He is a TM staffer, may know what it actually looks like and this may be it??

I don't think so. With a seemingly legit picture leaked of an M6 iron head with orange as the accent color, I doubt they would have baby blue in the M5.
    Posted:
  • littletimbo182littletimbo182  508WRX Points: 71Members Posts: 508 Golden Tee
    Similar coloring to the gapr hybrids so I think it’s possible
    Posted:
  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC  2745WRX Points: 371Handicap: 8ClubWRX Posts: 2,745 ClubWRX

I wish they would stop naming clubs after British motorways.

Nice. I’m waiting for the I-95.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
    Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
    Titleist 915F fairway, 21 degrees, Diamana Blue 70 stiff
    Srixon 565 4 iron, Nippon 980GH stiff shaft
    Adams CMB irons, 5-PW, KBS C Taper regular shafts (110g)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50 degree, F grind, Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
    Ben Hogan TK wedge, 59 degree, KBS black wedge shaft
    TaylorMade TP Chaska putter, sliver, 34 inches
  • JonnyKrasnodarJonnyKrasnodar  1897WRX Points: 176Members Posts: 1,897 Platinum Tees
    Route 66 will be THE driver to end all drivers.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • BNGLBNGL Jupiter, Florida 1856WRX Points: 536Unregistered Posts: 1,856 Platinum Tees

Eric05 wrote:

M3 M4 were a step back. Original M2 driver and Fairway were filthy. Hopefully they step up their game.

I don’t believe so. Why have so many pros dropped their m1 for the m3. Even pros who are not playing TM have chosen the M3. These pros just don’t put anything in there bag without Significant testing and results. I agree the m2 17 was a much better club then the m4 but the 1 to the 3. 3 was much more superior.

TM is still pay to play and likely only on current year drivers. If the differences between the drivers is negligible, they take the cash with the M3

I am not entirely sure about that, reached out to a few buddies playing right now waiting to hear back. But if I remember correctly, there is no pay to play for the past couple years?
    Posted:
  • CStephenson17CStephenson17  692WRX Points: 102Handicap: +1ClubWRX Posts: 692 ClubWRX
    BNGL wrote:

Eric05 wrote:

M3 M4 were a step back. Original M2 driver and Fairway were filthy. Hopefully they step up their game.

I don⤙t believe so. Why have so many pros dropped their m1 for the m3. Even pros who are not playing TM have chosen the M3. These pros just don⤙t put anything in there bag without Significant testing and results. I agree the m2 17 was a much better club then the m4 but the 1 to the 3. 3 was much more superior.

TM is still pay to play and likely only on current year drivers. If the differences between the drivers is negligible, they take the cash with the M3

I am not entirely sure about that, reached out to a few buddies playing right now waiting to hear back. But if I remember correctly, there is no pay to play for the past couple years?

$75k for the year in 2017
    Posted:
  • BNGLBNGL Jupiter, Florida 1856WRX Points: 536Unregistered Posts: 1,856 Platinum Tees

BNGL wrote:

Eric05 wrote:

I don⤙t believe so. Why have so many pros dropped their m1 for the m3. Even pros who are not playing TM have chosen the M3. These pros just don⤙t put anything in there bag without Significant testing and results. I agree the m2 17 was a much better club then the m4 but the 1 to the 3. 3 was much more superior.

$75k for the year in 2017

For just the driver or a staff/endorsement contract?

Again could be mistaken, been awhile since I was in those circles.
    Posted:
  • WidespreadPanicWidespreadPanic Wizard in the Corner  4910WRX Points: 218Handicap: 0.4Members Posts: 4,910 Titanium Tees
    GoPios25 wrote:

QuigleyDU wrote:

Saw this on Instagram

I don't think so. With a seemingly legit picture leaked of an M6 iron head with orange as the accent color, I doubt they would have baby blue in the M5.

?? The post even says that they made it up.
    Posted:
    Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
    Cobra F7 15.5*
    Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
    Mizuno MP18 Fli Hi 4i
    Mizuno MP18 SC 5-PW
    Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
    Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
    Taylormade TPx
  • moodogg98moodogg98  83WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 83 Bunkers
    Rustynuts wrote:

How are TM doing financially? They kill it on tour but is that translating to retail?

I don’t think TM has anything to worry about in terms of profits...
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • doctorjedidoctorjedi Bringing Sexy Back!  1093WRX Points: 88Handicap: 10Members Posts: 1,093 Platinum Tees
    moodogg98 wrote:

Rustynuts wrote:

How are TM doing financially? They kill it on tour but is that translating to retail?

I don’t think TM has anything to worry about in terms of profits...

I think there is some worry as their new owners are going to want to turn profits. Private equities are not interested in owning businesses for prestige. They pay their tour staff a ton; not surprised they are skipping the pga show as it probably does not move the needle enough.
    Posted:
    2018 TM M3 9.5 Accra Concept M3 tipped 1 inch
    FW: Callaway Epic 3 Wood Elements Chrome 6F4
    FW: Callaway Epic heavenwood Elements Chrome 6F4
    Irons: 4i U45 Nippon stiff 5-aw P770 KBS TOUR FLT 110
    Wed: SM5 56.14F SM 7 60.12D
    PT: 2014 Scotty Newport 1/500 custom
  • jll62jll62 Minneapolis 2361WRX Points: 612Handicap: +2.4ClubWRX Posts: 2,361 ClubWRX

With the success the M series has had, and with how recognizable they are with the 2 tone color schemes, I wonder when/if TM will ever go back to a 1 color crown? The original M1/2 was genius from a marketing standpoint.

With as much free agent and non-contract play they get, there is zero chance they'll go back to a 1-color look unless it's something like the old white heads. TM gains a ton of exposure and brand recognition with their highly recognizable paint schemes. The initial white driver with the R11 was one of the best marketing moves in the history of the game. The 2-color look with the M series was also a great move. No way they go away from something similar until the market demands it. I don't think that will happen any time soon.
    Posted:
    TaylorMade SIM 8.0, Diamana Kai'li 60S, 44.75"
    TaylorMade M5 Rocket 3, Tensei Blue X, 42.5"
    TaylorMade P-790 UDI 2, Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
    TaylorMade P750 3-6, KBS C-Taper S+ (soft-stepped 1x)
    TaylorMade P7TW 7-PW, KBS C-Taper S+ (soft-stepped 1x)
    TaylorMade MG2 52, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Tour Proto milled Juno, 34"
    TaylorMade TP5

jll62's WITB
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational  1714WRX Points: 240Handicap: ?Members Posts: 1,714 Platinum Tees
    You guys are not going to be disappointed. It's a step in the right direction, in my mind!
    Posted:
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom***  31926WRX Points: 1,706Members Posts: 31,926 Titanium Tees
    Stanks wrote:

You guys are not going to be disappointed. It's a step in the right direction, in my mind!

What do you like about it?
    Posted:
  • JunglelandJungleland  533WRX Points: 73Handicap: 7Members Posts: 533 Golden Tee
    I wonder how the PE ownership will turn out. Having sold a company to PE and been part of several PE situations the two happiest days of your life are the day the wire hits your bank account and the day your non-compete burns off. The PE's all follow the same script of telling you how great you are, how you know your business better then they do, and how that they just want you to have the freedom to run things. A couple of quarters later when the IRR is not headed in the right direction it is amazing how involved they get in your business.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Gary GutfulGary Gutful  1250WRX Points: 162Members Posts: 1,250 Platinum Tees

Stanks wrote:

Yep, what he said Stanks. Spare no detail, however trivial it may seem.
    Posted:
  • Rig14PortRig14Port  936WRX Points: 247Handicap: +18Members Posts: 936 Golden Tee

Stanks wrote:

Bigger Question... will there be TwistFace?

I'd love to see some data on what affect TwistFace had on M3/M4 sales. i.e. Did the market welcome the tech or were a large % of golfers resistant.
    Posted:
    Cally Mavrik SZ 9.0 -1* HZRDUS Smoke Black 70X
    Cally Mavrik SZ 15* HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
    TM GAPR LO 19* -1.5* Aldila RIP a 105X
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-PW DG 120 X100
    Cleveland RTX 4 50*, 54*, 58* DG 120 X100
    Cameron T22 Newport
    Rig14Port wrote:

Stanks wrote:

Bigger Question... will there be TwistFace?

I'd love to see some data on what affect TwistFace had on M3/M4 sales. i.e. Did the market welcome the tech or were a large % of golfers resistant.

The impact of Twistface on sales probably varies depending on the location it was bought.
    Posted:
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational  1714WRX Points: 240Handicap: ?Members Posts: 1,714 Platinum Tees

Stanks wrote:

Cliff notes version? I'll put it like this, I have never been let down by a new driver release from TM in...ever... But, I game a Ping G400 LST coming from an M3.

Deets will be spared as I gotta respect the privacy of the co but, again, I think it's a step in the right direction and we will be seeing a lot on the course upon release and for some time thereafter. It's not my call to talk about it but, I've said what I can say.
    Posted:
  • Ed SettleEd Settle #InsideTMAG  6063WRX Points: 188Handicap: 8.7ClubWRX Posts: 6,063 ClubWRX
    jll62 wrote:

With the success the M series has had, and with how recognizable they are with the 2 tone color schemes, I wonder when/if TM will ever go back to a 1 color crown? The original M1/2 was genius from a marketing standpoint.

With as much free agent and non-contract play they get, there is zero chance they'll go back to a 1-color look unless it's something like the old white heads. TM gains a ton of exposure and brand recognition with their highly recognizable paint schemes. The initial white driver with the R11 was one of the best marketing moves in the history of the game. The 2-color look with the M series was also a great move. No way they go away from something similar until the market demands it. I don't think that will happen any time soon.

I agree 1000%. And I’ll give you an example. For all of you that watched Xander Schauffele win the golf tournament over the weekend we can all make googoo eyes about his irons but the one thing that stood out, was that he was still playing a TaylorMade driver. 99.5% of the people watching did not know he had prototype irons in the bag but almost 100%, the most casual of fans, knew he had a TaylorMade driver. Whether it’s all white, white/black or silver/black doesn’t matter. It’s a TaylorMade
    Posted:
    Twitter:

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Graphite Design VR-6X
    Fairway 4w: Callaway Mavrik  4/16.5* GD GP-6X 
    Fairway 5w: Callaway Rogue 5/18* GD GP-6X
    Hybrid: Callaway Apex 4/23* Catalyst 70S
    Irons: Callaway '19 Apex Pro 2 Dot 5-PW MMT 105 S
    Wedges: Callaway MD 5 52/MD 5 56/Custom 60 WB Grind Modus 115 Wedge 
    Putter: Toulon Design Garage Palm Beach RG
    Ball: Callaway CSX Triple Track
    Bag: Callaway 14 way carry

My WITB

Advertisement
  • Lancj1Lancj1  930WRX Points: 94Handicap: 18Members Posts: 930 Golden Tee
    It’s not as good as the M6 will be in January though. This will niggle all summer as it did last. You know this image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:
  • jmagri78jmagri78 Maltese Falcon  73WRX Points: 0Handicap: 15Members Posts: 73
    Maybe twist face in the m5/m6 irons?
    Posted:
    Stanks wrote:

Stanks wrote:

Cliff notes version? I'll put it like this, I have never been let down by a new driver release from TM in...ever... But, I game a Ping G400 LST coming from an M3.

Deets will be spared as I gotta respect the privacy of the co but, again, I think it's a step in the right direction and we will be seeing a lot on the course upon release and for some time thereafter. It's not my call to talk about it but, I've said what I can say.

You didn't say anything.
    Posted:
  • dcorundcorun  371WRX Points: 60Handicap: 13Members Posts: 371 Greens
    I go with the non adjustable driver now. Tried the early models with shifting weight and all the bling. Once fitted I never changed it. Now I get fitted for the regular driver with the fixed weight. Why pay more for something I never use.
    Posted:
    Driver - Cleveland Launcher Turbo 10.5* Miyazaki 5R
    Hybrid - Cleveland Halo #2 16* Miyazaki 6R
    Irons - Cleveland CBX 4-PW Miyazaki 6R
    Wedges - Cleveland CBX 50* & 54* Rotex
    Putter - Cleveland Frontline Elevado
    Ball - Srixon Z-Star
  • bchilders87bchilders87  139WRX Points: 65Members Posts: 139 Fairways
    Any pics yet?
    Posted:
    TAYLORMADE SIM MAX 9.75* FUJIKURA PRO 2.0
    TAYLORMADE M6 16* FUJIKURA PRO 2.0
    TITLEIST 818H1 19* TENSEI BLUE
    TITLEIST 818H1 23* TENSEI BLUE
    MIZUNO JPX919 HOT METAL PRO 5-GW XP95
    TITLEIST VOKEY SM7 54* DG
    TITLEIST VOKEY SM7 58* DG
    SCOTTY CAMERON STUDIO SELECT NEWPORT 2
    TITLEIST PRO-V1X
    SUN MOUNTIAN 4.5LS

Advertisement
  • Ed SettleEd Settle #InsideTMAG  6063WRX Points: 188Handicap: 8.7ClubWRX Posts: 6,063 ClubWRX

Any pics yet?

Has to be soon. They have to about ready like Callaway to put them out on Tour. Greg should be getting pictures anytime now.
    Posted:
    Twitter:

My WITB
  • Trav1989Trav1989  106WRX Points: 43Members Posts: 106 Fairways
    There hasn't been ask much talk about these as the callaway's for some reason
    Posted:
    Probably next week at Sea Island
    Posted:

Advertisement
    Trav1989 wrote:

There hasn't been ask much talk about these as the callaway's for some reason

I agree. Very under the radar for some reason.
    Posted:
    Twitter:

My WITB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.