Crazy rumor of the day: Justin Rose to Honma?

12345679»

Comments

• serprivserpriv Members Posts: 82 ✭✭
    Good for Honma. Would think some of the other Japanese companies would make similar moves in the future. The quality of their products is indisputable.
  • LanglandsLanglands ScotlandMembers Posts: 1,937 ✭✭

The wedges are uber clean.

I personally think Rose will carry on where he left off despite all the doom and freaking out in some quarters about an equipment change.

Clubs look great anyway.

Dv5S8fUX4AAfqYA.jpg

Exactly - he has been testing these clubs for months, and would not have them in the bag yet if he wasn't confident with them. It's not as if he has been using the same set of irons for the last 20 years.

The wedges look great - as said elsewhere, a similar look to Cleveland whose wedges Justin used for a long time as a TM staff player.
    Callaway XR 10.5
    Adams Tight Lies 2 5W
    Callaway 3h
    Snake Eyes 600B 4,6,8
    Vokey 48
    Mizuno MPT Raw Haze 53
    Cobra King Black 60
    Ping Darby
  • serprivserpriv Members Posts: 82 ✭✭
    and he won, what a great boost for Honma
  • IVMIVM Members Posts: 454 ✭✭
    edited Jan 31, 2019 5:38pm #246
    Honma have always made great golf clubs normally very high end with lots of gold all over them for the Asian market. They have now produced a line for the US market and the rest of the world without the gold but still the high quality .

Justin Rose winning so early is no real surprise as the design and quality is of a level which performs as well if not better than Taylormade or any other manufacturer . He still had to hit the shots but the performance of the driver did the talking for him , giving him length he did not achieve before .
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Members Posts: 10,462 ✭✭
    edited Jan 31, 2019 5:46pm #247
    Holy Moses wrote:

Rose playing the best of his carrer and wants to switch? Dumb. He doesn't need money.

I gotta admit I was mostly wrong on this. I didn't realize at the time that TaylorMade was not going to offer him a deal moving forward. I thought he was just doing it for more money with Honma. But Rose knew what he was doing. He probably could have gone to Callaway. Everyone said it was a big risk and it clearly wasn't. Clearly Rose if comfortable with the Axis putter and if he can stay in the top-20 in strokes gained putting, he will tough to move out of the #1 world ranking spot.
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • flushemflushem Members Posts: 1,551 ✭✭
    I respect JR how serious he takes business relationship (with King, TM's ex-CEO & current Honma NA CEO).

Yes, Honma makes great clubs but it is the indian, not arrow. JR could have been successful with Cally clubs.
    WWG1 WGA
  • 95124hacker95124hacker Rare putter collection Members Posts: 1,300 ✭✭
    edited Jan 31, 2019 7:11pm #249
    IVM wrote:

Honma have always made great golf clubs normally very high end with lots of gold all over them for the Asian market. They have now produced a line for the US market and the rest of the world without the gold but still the high quality .

Justin Rose winning so early is no real surprise as the design and quality is of a level which performs as well if not better than Taylormade or any other manufacturer . He still had to hit the shots but the performance of the driver did the talking for him , giving him length he did not achieve before .

The Tour World line (Pro line clubs) actually came out in 2013. They started with J-PGA, LPGA and KLPGA players.

So Yeon Ryu was #1 ranked on the Women’s Rolex World Rankings playing TW717V irons and other Honma clubs.
    ‘17 M2 “K serial” 10.5* turned down a notch, Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 63S
    '16 M1 3HL (17*), Fujikura Pro 70S
    King F7 2-3 (19*), Fujikura Pro 75h, S
    Epon AF-901 22*, Roddio Pentacross I-8, S
    '11 OnOff Forged 5-PW, Roddio Pentacross I-10, S
    Cleveland RTX-3 V-MG 52* & 58*
    Odyssey WHP CSM 400g
    Ball: Performing validation testing of the M G S test
  • PapaJohickPapaJohick ShortKnocker Bombs Charleston, SCMembers Posts: 4,475 ✭✭
  • EricWGolfEricWGolf Members Posts: 587 ✭✭

Until recently Casey was adamant that he was still testing. But I don’t think you post a full bag on Instagram (aka “free advertising”) unless the deal is done..
    TaylorMade M6 - Tensei Pro Orange 60
    TaylorMade M4 3 Wood - KuroKage 70
    TaylorMade M4 3 Hybrid - KuroKage 80
    TaylorMade P790 4-PW - Nippon Modus 120
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 51
    TaylorMade HiToe 56/60 - Nippon Modus 120
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Black
    EricWGolf wrote:

Until recently Casey was adamant that he was still testing. But I don’t think you post a full bag on Instagram (aka “free advertising”) unless the deal is done..

I tweeted him if official.
    WWG1 WGA
  • kekoakekoa ClubWRX Posts: 8,848 ClubWRX
    Was checking out tourspec golf and they have the Rose Proto's for sale. $1,050 for 7 pc set.
  • summerofsummerof Members Posts: 201 ✭✭
    kekoa wrote:

Was checking out tourspec golf and they have the Rose Proto's for sale. $1,050 for 7 pc set.

That's $250 and $350 cheaper than the list price on Callaway MB and Taylormade p730 respectively. So much for only making expensive clubs.
  • iBanestoiBanesto Niclas Fasth Members Posts: 4,450 ✭✭
  • OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, ScotlandMembers Posts: 2,228 ✭✭
    EricWGolf wrote:

He's in the field for the AT&T this week.
    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • PapaJohickPapaJohick ShortKnocker Bombs Charleston, SCMembers Posts: 4,475 ✭✭
    edited Feb 5, 2019 8:03am #258
    kekoa wrote:

Oh wow. I wonder if the price will go up when these actually come out… Not sure I would want them to say rose Proto on mine ha ha Also I would like to do a split combo set with their new 747 cavity.
    Forever Changing at this point.......