Absdog's WITB for 2018-2019 Pic Heavy

absdogabsdog Members Posts: 26
Been slowly rebuilding the bag over the last year, and finally have it where I feel really confident with them and don't want to change anything... for right now.

Bonus pic at the end.

Driver: Titleist 913D3 UST Mamiya Proforce VTS 6R set to A3

3Wood: Titleist 917F2 Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 80S set to A4

Hybrid: Ping G400 17* Alta CB 70 Stiff (stock shaft)

Long Irons: Titleist 716 T MB 3 & 4 AMT s300

Irons: Titleist 716 AP2 5-PW AMT s300

Wedges: Titleist SM6 52*/12 F Grind 58*/12 K Grind

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Ping PP58 Grip plays 33.5"

Ball: Titleist NXT Tour/S

Bag: Titleist Players 4 Stand Bag
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker Members Posts: 5,176 ✭✭
    The doggo is not impressed!
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • absdogabsdog Members Posts: 26
    ebrasmus21 wrote:

Haha, she wasn't quite sure what to do with it.
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker Members Posts: 5,176 ✭✭
    absdog wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

Haha, she wasn't quite sure what to do with it.

Lol, dogs are the best.

Solid setup, my man.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • pholwaypholway Members Posts: 441
    Nice setup. Cool dog. Question: do you find the T-MBs easier to hit than the AP2? I’ve alway found it to be the opposite
    TM M4 Oban Devotion 6 04
    Titleist TS2 13.5* Project X Even Flow T1100 White
    Callaway Epic 5W set to 17* Project X Hzrdus Yellow (Handcrafted) or Ping G15 17* Aldila Serrano 75R (yep, Regular Flex Serrano)
    Titleist 915 HD 21.5* GD AD DI Hybrid 75s
    Callaway Apex CF16 5-AW KBS C-Taper Lite S
    Vokey SM6 KBS C-Taper R
    Odyssey EXO Seven S
    pholway wrote:

Nice setup. Cool dog. Question: do you find the T-MBs easier to hit than the AP2? I’ve alway found it to be the opposite

You know I can't really say on which is easier to hit, but I can say that I chose the T-MB's because they gapped a little better on that end of my bag, and I get a touch more distance from them. I normally only hit the 3 and 4 iron off tee shots. 3 Iron on shorter par 4's or holes that have a big dog leg on them, then the 4 iron on longer par 3's. Sometime's I will hit the 4 iron off the fairway, but that's only if I hit a really poor tee shot, and am left with a significant lay up and don't feel comfortable enough going for the green with my hybrid.
  • seadweller30seadweller30 Members Posts: 83
    edited Sep 30, 2018 #7
    Nice setup, dog is a wee cracker as they say over here!

How are you finding the sm6 wedges? Am sorely tempted to upgrade from SM5’s.

Nice setup, dog is a wee cracker as they say over here!

How are you finding the sm6 wedges? Am sorely tempted to upgrade from SM5's.

To be honest I'm not exactly sure how they differ from the SM5's or SM7's, but I really like them. I am confident with stopping shots on the green whether full swing, chipping, or pitching so long as I get the right contact depending on the shot. I do think my combination of bounce and grinds are right where I need them. The 58 out of sand is almost effortless.
  • Billykav0817Billykav0817 Members Posts: 71 ✭✭
    How’s the G400 hybrid treating you? I’m thinking of trying out the same hybrid in the 17* loft, I want to use it mainly from the fairway. I struggle with the 3 wood from the deck and I want to make that a tee only club. I’ve heard nothing but good things about the G400.

By the way you’ve got a nice set up but you’re dog clearly stole the show lol. Dogs are the best.

How’s the G400 hybrid treating you? I’m thinking of trying out the same hybrid in the 17* loft, I want to use it mainly from the fairway. I struggle with the 3 wood from the deck and I want to make that a tee only club. I’ve heard nothing but good things about the G400.

By the way you’ve got a nice set up but you’re dog clearly stole the show lol. Dogs are the best.

That's exactly why I got it. I like it a lot, but I'm thinking about picking up a 19 degree to see if the extra loft gets me some more height and distance.
  • Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day. Members Posts: 6,205 ✭✭
    Pooch is like sayin' seriously they should of been white.

Nice setup. Good luck with yes.
    Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
    Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • Zach HeusserZach Heusser Marshals Posts: 5,151 mod
    Cool set !
    Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur University <br /><br />My WITB<br /><br /><br /><br />http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/<br />@Zheusser on twitter
    Small bag update:

I extended my putter by 1/2" last year, and really haven't been able to get things going with it since. Found a company called Black Lab Golf, and figured it was the only way to go. Had Chip put together a putter for me, and I'm loving it. If anyone is looking at a customer putter, I'd suggest you seriously consider a putter from him. They're priced really reasonable considering what you get, and they feel awesome!
  • shoot4parshoot4par Life's A Course ClubWRX Posts: 129 ClubWRX
    Good looking bag, where do you play out of?
    Jones did it with corn whiskey. Hogan with cigarettes & Tiger with will.
    On Sunday morning I'll take the back row seat
    If you were wondering the secrets in the dirt.

WITB
    Driver: Callaway XR Pro 9* (N/S) Oban Kiyoshi Black 65g 04 (Iomic White .60)
    Callaway Epic Subzero 9* (N/S) (TC) Kiyoshi White 65g 04 Kiyoshi White 65 04 (Iomic White .60)
    Fairway Wood: Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro Limited 16.5* Kiyoshi White 75g 04 (Iomic White .60)
    Hybrid: Idea Pro Black 20 * Project X 6.0 (Iomic White .60)
    Irons: Miura 1957 Baby Blades 4-PW KBS TOUR 120s Black standard loft / standard lie (Iomic White .60)
    Wedges: Vokey Wedgeworks 52*, 56*, 60* Soon to have KBS Matte Black 120s (Iomic White .60)
    Putter: I try to change everyday to ward off monotony and consistency

WITB
  • SetTheBarrHighSetTheBarrHigh DallasClubWRX Posts: 3,918 ClubWRX
    Very cool setup. Love the headcover and it's inspiration!
    Instagram @SetTheBarrHigh

What's In The Bag

Ping G410 Plus 9°
    Titleist TS2 16.5°
    Mizuno CLK 19°
    Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-P
    Mizuno T7 52°, Titleist SM7 58°
    Titleist Studio Stainless Mid Sur
    edited Nov 18, 2018 #16
    shoot4par wrote:

Good looking bag, where do you play out of?

I live in Southwest, PA so I play the various public courses scattered about.

Very cool setup. Love the headcover and it's inspiration!

Thanks!
    edited Nov 23, 2018 #17
    Totteridge, Quicksilver and Madison are all fun and in relatively different places. Muni's are all ways fun & the way to go in and around the area. Also Nemacolin is good but a little pricier. Whats the putter?
    Post edited by Unknown User on

WITB
    Callaway Epic Subzero 9* (N/S) (TC) Kiyoshi White 65g 04 Kiyoshi White 65 04 (Iomic White .60)
    Fairway Wood: Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro Limited 16.5* Kiyoshi White 75g 04 (Iomic White .60)
    Irons: Miura 1957 Baby Blades 4-PW KBS TOUR 120s Black standard loft / standard lie (Iomic White .60)
    Wedges: Vokey Wedgeworks 52*, 56*, 60* Soon to have KBS Matte Black 120s (Iomic White .60)

WITB
    shoot4par wrote:

Totteridge, Quicksilver and Madison are all fun and in relatively different places. Muni's are all ways fun & the way to go in and around the area. Whats the putter?

I've only played Quicksilver out of those you listed, and really like it out there. I wish it was closer though. This is my first winter outside of Texas where I'm from, and I am not liking this whole cold and snow thing where you can't play all year long lol.

The putter is made by Chip Usher of Black Lab Golf. Check em out if you're looking into a carbon steel custom putter. Great quality and price.
    Totter is were its at... My favorite public course by far. if you ever need someone to play with, pm me. we've got a good group of sticks that play sometimes.

WITB

WITB
    edited Nov 19, 2018 #20
    shoot4par wrote:

Totter is were its at... My favorite public course by far. if you ever need someone to play with, pm me. we've got a good group of sticks that play sometimes.

I play Lindenwood quite a bit as it's fairly close. And I just checked their website and it looks really nice and the rates are super reasonable. Bout 50 miles away though. Sounds good I'll keep ya in mind! Not sure if we'll ever get back out there at the rate it's been going with this rain.
  • Shanks2424Shanks2424 Members Posts: 215 ✭✭
    SOLID BAG. Fellow Titleist player here.
    Brad's Bag 2019
    Driver- Titleist 910 D3 8.5 Fujikura Speeder Pro TS Stiff
    3 Wood- Titleist 909 F3 15* Matrix HD9 Stiff
    Hybrid- Adams A12 Pro 18* Project X PXI 6.0
    3-PW- Titleist DCI 990 TT Dynamic Gold S300
    Wedges-Titleist Vokey Spin Milled CC 54/58 TT Dynamic Gold S300
    Putter- Odyssey Tank 1 34 Inches Super Stroke Flatso 1.0
    Ball- Titleist Pro V1
    Bag Ogio Woode Stand Bag
     Grips Lamkin UTX Wrap 2 Wraps of Tape

Gavin's Bad 9 Year old son
    Driver- Cobra Fly Z 12.5 Junior Cobra Shaft
    4Wood- Cobra Amp 16.5 Cobra Junior Shaft[/background]
    Hybrid- ???????
    6-PW Cobra Max Apollo Junior Steel Shaft
    Wedges- Cobra Max 50*  Cobra Pur 56* Apollo Junior Steel Shaft
    Putter- Odyssey Metal X Rossie Super Stroke Ultra Slim 1.0
    Ball- Titleist DTtru Soft.
    Bag- Maxfli Black and Blue Junior Bag
    Winn Dritec on Driver and 3 Wood
    Golf Pride Junior Tour Velvet On Irons and Wedges.