Reed Unhappy with Jordan and Jim in Interview

2456721

Comments

  • chocolate_rehabchocolate_rehab plays like a girl Posts: 991 ✭✭
    Bigarch wrote:


    I'm not going to bash the guy. He didn't play well but he loves to compete. I've seen prom queens in the back seat of a car put up a better fight than half of the guys on the US team. Spieth and Thomas both played well and won points, which is what its also about. But I'll also say that it seemed like there were a lot of pairings where people were paired with their "buddies" and we see how that turned out. I kinda viewed the Simpson / Watson pairing as a pairing of two weirdos that nobody particularly likes and they played pretty well together. Give me a team of battlers like those two guys and Reed and you'll win a lot more often. Just my two cents.




    I realize you're a man, and probably 1000 years old, but you might want to update your repertoire of "jokes" to something that's acceptable in 2018. This forum isn't an old boys club. Thanks.
    Ping G400 Max 10.5* I VA Composites Drago 55
    Callaway Epic Flash 17* 3w I Accra FX 2.0
    Ping G410 20* hybrid I Accra FX 2.0
    Ping G410 23* hybrid I Accra FX 2.0
    PXG 0311XF 5-GW I Steelfiber i80s
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54SS & 58ES I Steelfiber i95r
    Edel Columbia Custom

    Stop comparing your swing, speed, and distances to LPGA players. It's embarrassing for everyone.
  • PZeroPZero Members Posts: 11,353 ✭✭

    PZero wrote:


    Reed is right. Though since people don't like him they won't agree with what he said.




    I don't like the fact he started all of this mess in the first place. Why did he voluntarily throw Spieth under the bus multiple times about 6 months ago? First it was the "tired of carrying him on my back" comment in a press conference. Then it was the nonsense with the rules official on the golf course, begging for a free drop and making that sarcastic comment that Spieth would have been granted the drop.




    All of that was in a joking manner. The part with the drop, Reed was correct and it wasn't really disrespecting Spieth in what he said.
    R11s 9° Whiteboad 63S
    Titleist 913F 15°
    TM R9 19°
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-GW
    Vokey TVD 56°, SM5 60°
    Studio Select Newport
  • North TexasNorth Texas Members Posts: 4,008 ✭✭
    PZero wrote:


    PZero wrote:


    Reed is right. Though since people don't like him they won't agree with what he said.




    I don't like the fact he started all of this mess in the first place. Why did he voluntarily throw Spieth under the bus multiple times about 6 months ago? First it was the "tired of carrying him on my back" comment in a press conference. Then it was the nonsense with the rules official on the golf course, begging for a free drop and making that sarcastic comment that Spieth would have been granted the drop.




    All of that was in a joking manner. The part with the drop, Reed was correct and it wasn't really disrespecting Spieth in what he said.




    Seriously? It was blatant disrespect.
  • redfirebird08redfirebird08 Members Posts: 7,855 ✭✭
    PZero wrote:


    PZero wrote:


    Reed is right. Though since people don't like him they won't agree with what he said.




    I don't like the fact he started all of this mess in the first place. Why did he voluntarily throw Spieth under the bus multiple times about 6 months ago? First it was the "tired of carrying him on my back" comment in a press conference. Then it was the nonsense with the rules official on the golf course, begging for a free drop and making that sarcastic comment that Spieth would have been granted the drop.




    All of that was in a joking manner. The part with the drop, Reed was correct and it wasn't really disrespecting Spieth in what he said.




    I think both were completely unnecessary comments and I don't blame Spieth if he wanted to get away from the guy.
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Members Posts: 10,444 ✭✭
    new2g0lf wrote:


    This is what happens when you have a guy like Furyk who is still on the Tour and friendly with all these guys making tough decisions. Reed and Spieth might have lost their mojo and they could have lost anyway but we will never know.



    I don't always agree with Reed, but in this case, I do, it was a bad move by Furyk to split 2 successful pairings because Speith didn't want to play with Reed. If Spieth and JT want to play golf together let them do it on their day off not when they are representing our country. I lost a bit of respect for Spieth because he didn't put the team first.




    People critized Tom Watson for being too far away from the players. Now Jim is too close. I guess in 2016 Davis Love was just right.
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • Golfer4LifeGolfer4Life Bob Parsons Bodyguard, Chump! ClubWRX Posts: 2,152
    edited Sep 30, 2018 #37
    Hawkeye77 wrote:


    Why are people buying into this ****?



    So Jordan and Reed weren't a team? Big deal. They weren't teeing it up 2 and 4 years ago, they were teeing it up this year and had no business being a team.



    Now Furyk supposed to be Hal Sutton? Yep, everyone would be singing his praises for that move.



    Come on now folks, you are all smarter than that.



    Reed didn't get his pick to partner up at recess, so what. Seems like the only problem is him. The rest, who says the other guys didn't want to play together? Things change, we are supposed to change with them, whole point of that "new system" everyone thought was so great two years ago, when remember - we won.



    This time we didn't. The world will sleep just fine!




    No, Furyk is no Sutton, Sutton had the balls, for good or bad, to be a captain and make decisions. Not this new Napoleon Dynamite, we all make a decision together monstrosity.
    PXG Derangement Syndrome, it is real.......<br /><br />Equipment:<br /><br />A bag full of PXG’s<br />Non Titleist Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009<br /><br />“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”
  • Rob G 89Rob G 89 Posts: 847 ✭✭
    Don’t worry Patrick Cantlay will be on the next team and he will pair with Reed.
  • new2g0lfnew2g0lf Members Posts: 3,309 ✭✭
    Reed can be arrogant and annoying but the personal **** should have been dealt with before the first match. This is where guys like Tiger, Furyk and Phil step in and tell these guys to either fight or put their big boy pants on and go win a few matches for the team.



    When I played football in H.S. our offensive tackle hated our QB and it hurt our team. The seniors got the 2 of them into the locker with the rest of the team blocking the doors and told them, either kick the **** out of each other or shake hands but we're not leaving here until one of those two things happen.
    Driver - Ping G400 MAX 10.5*
    Woods - XXIO 10 3W
    Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
    Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-GW Away - Ping i500 5-AW
    Wedge - Vokey TVD 56* K Grind
    Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
    Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB
  • Golfer4LifeGolfer4Life Bob Parsons Bodyguard, Chump! ClubWRX Posts: 2,152
    new2g0lf wrote:


    Reed can be arrogant and annoying but the personal **** should have been dealt with before the first match. This is where guys like Tiger, Furyk and Phil step in and tell these guys to either fight or put their big boy pants on and go win a few matches for the team.



    When I played football in H.S. our offensive tackle hated our QB and it hurt our team. The seniors got the 2 of them into the locker with the rest of the team blocking the doors and told them, either kick the **** out of each other or shake hands but we're not leaving here until one of those two things happen.




    Today's snowflake mentality is different, lol...
    PXG Derangement Syndrome, it is real.......<br /><br />Equipment:<br /><br />A bag full of PXG’s<br />Non Titleist Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009<br /><br />“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Members Posts: 25,007 ✭✭
    PZero wrote:


    PZero wrote:


    Reed is right. Though since people don't like him they won't agree with what he said.




    I don't like the fact he started all of this mess in the first place. Why did he voluntarily throw Spieth under the bus multiple times about 6 months ago? First it was the "tired of carrying him on my back" comment in a press conference. Then it was the nonsense with the rules official on the golf course, begging for a free drop and making that sarcastic comment that Spieth would have been granted the drop.




    All of that was in a joking manner. The part with the drop, Reed was correct and it wasn't really disrespecting Spieth in what he said.




    But the neck signing..that was the last straw and "capped the stack" as they say.... what would be next ? Reed having him carry his clubs ? maybe cleaning shoes ? Both are very wrong for letting it go this long..BUT Reed is the root of the problem.. if he acted like an adult this would never have taken place ..
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Titleist Tour Proto MB 3-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • new2g0lfnew2g0lf Members Posts: 3,309 ✭✭
    edited Sep 30, 2018 #42
    Holy Moses wrote:

    new2g0lf wrote:


    This is what happens when you have a guy like Furyk who is still on the Tour and friendly with all these guys making tough decisions. Reed and Spieth might have lost their mojo and they could have lost anyway but we will never know.



    I don't always agree with Reed, but in this case, I do, it was a bad move by Furyk to split 2 successful pairings because Speith didn't want to play with Reed. If Spieth and JT want to play golf together let them do it on their day off not when they are representing our country. I lost a bit of respect for Spieth because he didn't put the team first.




    People critized Tom Watson for being too far away from the players. Now Jim is too close. I guess in 2016 Davis Love was just right.


    Furyk wasn't a leader, it's plain and simple. You don't allow some personal baggage to derail the team. I'm guessing Furyk is closer to Spieth than Reed and didn't want to hurt his friendship with Spieth so he asked Tiger to pair with Reed and make Spieth happy.
    Driver - Ping G400 MAX 10.5*
    Woods - XXIO 10 3W
    Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
    Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-GW Away - Ping i500 5-AW
    Wedge - Vokey TVD 56* K Grind
    Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
    Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB
  • anthanth From the Land Down Under Members Posts: 2,760 ✭✭
    Seems to me that Reed wants to be the IDGAF guy with the whatever attitude, but doesn’t want to be held responsible for how other people respond to him.



    If you’re going to be a ******, say douchey things and carry on like King ******, then don’t be surprised when other people choose not to be a part of it.



    If Speith wants to wipe him then good for him. Why should he have to confront Reed about anything?
    Callaway Rogue 10.5
    Callaway BB Alpha 816 16
    Srixon Z H45 19 Hybrid
    Srixon Z U45 23 Utility
    Srixon Z 765/965 5 - PW
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 50 & 54
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi Toe 58
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
    TaylorMade TP5
  • No_Catchy_NicknameNo_Catchy_Nickname Kyushu,_JapanMembers Posts: 5,085 ✭✭
    Holy Moses wrote:


    People critized Tom Watson for being too far away from the players. Now Jim is too close. I guess in 2016 Davis Love was just right.




    Funny how short some memories can be, isn't it? I remember hearing that criticism of Watson 4 years ago, and now we're hearing the exact opposite!



    Also, by way of comparison, Bjorn still plays on the Euro Tour, so he's basically in the same situation as Furyk.
    Driver: Ping G400 Tour 65S
    4w: TaylorMade R9 stock Fujikura Motore X flex
    7w TaylorMade V-steel, Quadra Fire Express RB 6SX
    Hybrid: RomaRo iBrid 23* Attas EZ 85S
    Irons (4i-PW): Wilson fg-62 S300 4/5-PW or MP4 Yoro Modus 125X 5-PW
    Wedges: Callaway MD2 T-grind combination of 52*, 56*, 58*, 60*
    Putter: Mac Jack Nicklaus Muirfield

    Old stuff: Tons of persimmon and older irons. 
  • GolfTurkeyGolfTurkey Posts: 542 ✭✭

    PZero wrote:


    PZero wrote:


    Reed is right. Though since people don't like him they won't agree with what he said.




    I don't like the fact he started all of this mess in the first place. Why did he voluntarily throw Spieth under the bus multiple times about 6 months ago? First it was the "tired of carrying him on my back" comment in a press conference. Then it was the nonsense with the rules official on the golf course, begging for a free drop and making that sarcastic comment that Spieth would have been granted the drop.




    All of that was in a joking manner. The part with the drop, Reed was correct and it wasn't really disrespecting Spieth in what he said.




    But the neck signing..that was the last straw and "capped the stack" as they say.... what would be next ? Reed having him carry his clubs ? maybe cleaning shoes ? Both are very wrong for letting it go this long..BUT Reed is the root of the problem.. if he acted like an adult this would never have taken place ..




    Yep, I thought that Spieth showed admirable restraint during the neck signing. Might have been a public incident if that was me.



    Reed constantly says and does annoying and inappropriate things and then whines when people don't like him and don't want to play with him. Smh
  • forembcforembc Posts: 209 ✭✭
    Just play better, case closed.
    Callaway XR16 GD BB
    TM M2 HL Matrix
    TM SLDR 3 Hybrid TP Fuji Motore Speeder
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 4
    Mizuno MP-H4 5
    Bridgestone 6-PWJ40 N.S. Pro Modus
    Bridgestone J15 Black Oxide 50/54/58
    SC Golo S(murdered)
  • chocolate_rehabchocolate_rehab plays like a girl Posts: 991 ✭✭
    Bigarch wrote:


    Bigarch wrote:


    I'm not going to bash the guy. He didn't play well but he loves to compete. I've seen prom queens in the back seat of a car put up a better fight than half of the guys on the US team. Spieth and Thomas both played well and won points, which is what its also about. But I'll also say that it seemed like there were a lot of pairings where people were paired with their "buddies" and we see how that turned out. I kinda viewed the Simpson / Watson pairing as a pairing of two weirdos that nobody particularly likes and they played pretty well together. Give me a team of battlers like those two guys and Reed and you'll win a lot more often. Just my two cents.




    I realize you're a man, and probably 1000 years old, but you might want to update your repertoire of "jokes" to something that's acceptable in 2018. This forum isn't an old boys club. Thanks.




    You have a profile pic that's a "bunghole" joke over 25 years old and you want to be critical of MY age and the propriety of MY jokes? That's rich.




    What does my avatar have to do with your crappy, sexist, inappropriate joke?
    Ping G400 Max 10.5* I VA Composites Drago 55
    Callaway Epic Flash 17* 3w I Accra FX 2.0
    Ping G410 20* hybrid I Accra FX 2.0
    Ping G410 23* hybrid I Accra FX 2.0
    PXG 0311XF 5-GW I Steelfiber i80s
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54SS & 58ES I Steelfiber i95r
    Edel Columbia Custom

    Stop comparing your swing, speed, and distances to LPGA players. It's embarrassing for everyone.
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Members Posts: 10,444 ✭✭
    new2g0lf wrote:


    Reed can be arrogant and annoying but the personal **** should have been dealt with before the first match. This is where guys like Tiger, Furyk and Phil step in and tell these guys to either fight or put their big boy pants on and go win a few matches for the team.



    When I played football in H.S. our offensive tackle hated our QB and it hurt our team. The seniors got the 2 of them into the locker with the rest of the team blocking the doors and told them, either kick the **** out of each other or shake hands but we're not leaving here until one of those two things happen.




    Hard for Tiger and Phil to tell someone else to put their big boy pants on when they had a similar dispute for years. Only one thing that these two pairs love more than pride of country is...money. Jordan and Reed need to play for $9 million too.
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • new2g0lfnew2g0lf Members Posts: 3,309 ✭✭
    Holy Moses wrote:

    new2g0lf wrote:


    Reed can be arrogant and annoying but the personal **** should have been dealt with before the first match. This is where guys like Tiger, Furyk and Phil step in and tell these guys to either fight or put their big boy pants on and go win a few matches for the team.



    When I played football in H.S. our offensive tackle hated our QB and it hurt our team. The seniors got the 2 of them into the locker with the rest of the team blocking the doors and told them, either kick the **** out of each other or shake hands but we're not leaving here until one of those two things happen.




    Hard for Tiger and Phil to tell someone else to put their big boy pants on when they had a similar dispute for years. Only one thing that these two pairs love more than pride of country is...money. Jordan and Reed need to play for $9 million too.




    Then Zach and Kuchar should have done it, point is, these two guys were poisoning the team and it doesn't appear Furyk wanted to address it directly.
    Driver - Ping G400 MAX 10.5*
    Woods - XXIO 10 3W
    Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
    Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-GW Away - Ping i500 5-AW
    Wedge - Vokey TVD 56* K Grind
    Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
    Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB
  • BlackDiamondPar5BlackDiamondPar5 Members Posts: 5,096 ✭✭

    Bigarch wrote:


    Bigarch wrote:


    I'm not going to bash the guy. He didn't play well but he loves to compete. I've seen prom queens in the back seat of a car put up a better fight than half of the guys on the US team. Spieth and Thomas both played well and won points, which is what its also about. But I'll also say that it seemed like there were a lot of pairings where people were paired with their "buddies" and we see how that turned out. I kinda viewed the Simpson / Watson pairing as a pairing of two weirdos that nobody particularly likes and they played pretty well together. Give me a team of battlers like those two guys and Reed and you'll win a lot more often. Just my two cents.




    I realize you're a man, and probably 1000 years old, but you might want to update your repertoire of "jokes" to something that's acceptable in 2018. This forum isn't an old boys club. Thanks.




    You have a profile pic that's a "bunghole" joke over 25 years old and you want to be critical of MY age and the propriety of MY jokes? That's rich.




    What does my avatar have to do with your crappy, sexist, inappropriate joke?


    This is why we can't have anything nice.
  • wingedfoot97wingedfoot97 Posts: 857 ✭✭
    edited Sep 30, 2018 #51
    A lot of good stuff in this thread. Reed rubs me, and apparently lots of Team USA, the wrong way. I want to root for him. I like the attitude and swagger but a few things give me pause:

    1. No need to act like a D. The neck signing stuff was stupid.

    2. Make attempts to get along. It doesnt seem like he does.

    3. The parent issue. Having them removed(according to the golf media) from the 2014 US Open was bad.

    4. Wife talks to much. No need to go the Amy Sabbatini route. Nobody wants to hear from you. Just let the man play.

    5. Cant give interviews like that. Yes, I like reading them but make up behind the scene and move on.



    Any other line of work, guy might get his a— kicked.



    Maybe fatherhood will mellow him some. All I know is he went toe to toe with Rory in 2016 and beat him. He is the US version of Poulter (except he has a major). A guy who shows up and loves the moment. Set him up wherever he will succeed.
    Titleist CB irons 3-PW
    Vokey Wedges
    Odyssey putter
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Members Posts: 10,444 ✭✭
    new2g0lf wrote:

    Holy Moses wrote:

    new2g0lf wrote:


    Reed can be arrogant and annoying but the personal **** should have been dealt with before the first match. This is where guys like Tiger, Furyk and Phil step in and tell these guys to either fight or put their big boy pants on and go win a few matches for the team.



    When I played football in H.S. our offensive tackle hated our QB and it hurt our team. The seniors got the 2 of them into the locker with the rest of the team blocking the doors and told them, either kick the **** out of each other or shake hands but we're not leaving here until one of those two things happen.




    Hard for Tiger and Phil to tell someone else to put their big boy pants on when they had a similar dispute for years. Only one thing that these two pairs love more than pride of country is...money. Jordan and Reed need to play for $9 million too.




    Then Zach and Kuchar should have done it, point is, these two guys were poisoning the team and it doesn't appear Furyk wanted to address it directly.




    And that would have helped? He was trying to douse the flames.
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker Members Posts: 5,175 ✭✭
    Reed probably sits at home and wonders why no one on tour likes him.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • new2g0lfnew2g0lf Members Posts: 3,309 ✭✭
    Holy Moses wrote:

    new2g0lf wrote:

    Holy Moses wrote:

    new2g0lf wrote:


    Reed can be arrogant and annoying but the personal **** should have been dealt with before the first match. This is where guys like Tiger, Furyk and Phil step in and tell these guys to either fight or put their big boy pants on and go win a few matches for the team.



    When I played football in H.S. our offensive tackle hated our QB and it hurt our team. The seniors got the 2 of them into the locker with the rest of the team blocking the doors and told them, either kick the **** out of each other or shake hands but we're not leaving here until one of those two things happen.




    Hard for Tiger and Phil to tell someone else to put their big boy pants on when they had a similar dispute for years. Only one thing that these two pairs love more than pride of country is...money. Jordan and Reed need to play for $9 million too.




    Then Zach and Kuchar should have done it, point is, these two guys were poisoning the team and it doesn't appear Furyk wanted to address it directly.




    And that would have helped? He was trying to douse the flames.




    By splitting up 2 - 3 teams that were successful in the past. I guess you want to absolve Furyk of being a lousy captain but he accepted the job and didn't do what he needed to.
    Driver - Ping G400 MAX 10.5*
    Woods - XXIO 10 3W
    Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
    Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-GW Away - Ping i500 5-AW
    Wedge - Vokey TVD 56* K Grind
    Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
    Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses Members Posts: 10,444 ✭✭
    new2g0lf wrote:

    Holy Moses wrote:

    new2g0lf wrote:

    Holy Moses wrote:

    new2g0lf wrote:


    Reed can be arrogant and annoying but the personal **** should have been dealt with before the first match. This is where guys like Tiger, Furyk and Phil step in and tell these guys to either fight or put their big boy pants on and go win a few matches for the team.



    When I played football in H.S. our offensive tackle hated our QB and it hurt our team. The seniors got the 2 of them into the locker with the rest of the team blocking the doors and told them, either kick the **** out of each other or shake hands but we're not leaving here until one of those two things happen.




    Hard for Tiger and Phil to tell someone else to put their big boy pants on when they had a similar dispute for years. Only one thing that these two pairs love more than pride of country is...money. Jordan and Reed need to play for $9 million too.




    Then Zach and Kuchar should have done it, point is, these two guys were poisoning the team and it doesn't appear Furyk wanted to address it directly.




    And that would have helped? He was trying to douse the flames.




    By splitting up 2 - 3 teams that were successful in the past. I guess you want to absolve Furyk of being a lousy captain but he accepted the job and didn't do what he needed to.




    Earlier I said to play them, but I didn’t know how pissed off Reed was for no real reason. Sounds like he is just jealous of the golden child.
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 15* (DI-7X)
    Ping i20 3 (DI-95S), 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • DBillDBill Members Posts: 1,106 ✭✭
    I agree with Reed here. Seems Furyk played up the let's all be buddies and play with our friends mentality. This is the freaking Ryder Cup, not a casual Sunday match. Play the pairings that give you the best chance to win, not who would have the most fun being paired together.



    I had a feeling this would go this way when Phil was announced as a captain's pick....... what a freaking joke.
  • cdnglfcdnglf Members Posts: 3,091 ✭✭
    edited Sep 30, 2018 #57
    So if he’d been paired with a Jordan, Reed would have shot 65 instead of 85?
  • new2g0lfnew2g0lf Members Posts: 3,309 ✭✭
    Holy Moses wrote:

    new2g0lf wrote:

    Holy Moses wrote:

    new2g0lf wrote:

    Holy Moses wrote:


    [



    Hard for Tiger and Phil to tell someone else to put their big boy pants on when they had a similar dispute for years. Only one thing that these two pairs love more than pride of country is...money. Jordan and Reed need to play for $9 million too.




    Then Zach and Kuchar should have done it, point is, these two guys were poisoning the team and it doesn't appear Furyk wanted to address it directly.




    And that would have helped? He was trying to douse the flames.




    By splitting up 2 - 3 teams that were successful in the past. I guess you want to absolve Furyk of being a lousy captain but he accepted the job and didn't do what he needed to.




    Earlier I said to play them, but I didn't know how pissed off Reed was for no real reason. Sounds like he is just jealous of the golden child.




    I didn't like the Reed - Tiger pairing because it neutralized Reeds intensity. He has the utmost respect for Tiger and had a completely different temperament with Tiger compared to how he was at the last Ryder Cup or Presidents Cup.
    Driver - Ping G400 MAX 10.5*
    Woods - XXIO 10 3W
    Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
    Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-GW Away - Ping i500 5-AW
    Wedge - Vokey TVD 56* K Grind
    Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
    Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB
  • tdk8180tdk8180 Members Posts: 2,404 ✭✭
    2bGood wrote:


    Reed is a 8====D




    Watch yourself...you might get suspended for that
  • mantanmantan Members Posts: 2,497 ✭✭
    Bigarch wrote:


    Bigarch wrote:


    I'm not going to bash the guy. He didn't play well but he loves to compete. I've seen prom queens in the back seat of a car put up a better fight than half of the guys on the US team. Spieth and Thomas both played well and won points, which is what its also about. But I'll also say that it seemed like there were a lot of pairings where people were paired with their "buddies" and we see how that turned out. I kinda viewed the Simpson / Watson pairing as a pairing of two weirdos that nobody particularly likes and they played pretty well together. Give me a team of battlers like those two guys and Reed and you'll win a lot more often. Just my two cents.




    I realize you're a man, and probably 1000 years old, but you might want to update your repertoire of "jokes" to something that's acceptable in 2018. This forum isn't an old boys club. Thanks.




    You have a profile pic that's a "bunghole" joke over 25 years old and you want to be critical of MY age and the propriety of MY jokes? That's rich.




    A promo shot from a cartoon and a rape joke aren't even in the same planet...



    I imagine the age comment was giving you an out. But then you doubled down, so.....
    WITB (as of 3/28/19)
    PING G400 Max 10.5*
    PING G400 5-Wood
    PING G25 20* Hybrid
    PING G25 23* Hybrid
    Srixon Z565 5-AW
    PING Stealth ES Glide 54*
    PING Glide ES 58*
    PING Sigma 2 Fetch
    Callaway Chrome Soft TruVis
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 8,926 ✭✭
    edited Sep 30, 2018 #61
    Every single player on the US team should be willing to join any and all teammates and go win a point. Every single one of those cats should be able to do this and win. We simply are not good at adjusting to conditions and playing as a team, period. These are the situations that occur when you can’t get a W.
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
Sign In or Register to comment.