Single Length Irons & Wedges, how did you finish out your Bag?

mcgeec79mcgeec79 mcgeec79Members Posts: 178 ✭✭
Looking at making the move to single length irons and wedges for next season. Will go 4-LW, plus putter. That leaves me room for driver, FW, and hybrid. Anyone else gaming single length , how did you finish out your bag?

Comments

• SecondandGoalSecondandGoal Members Posts: 153 ✭✭
    I've got 4-SW in my Edel SLS-01's, pretty standard set of variable length woods. Rogue Draw driver, Epic 3+ FW (-1*), 3 FW (+1*), and 5 FW (+2*). The VL woods combined with the SL irons has not been an issue for me.
    [font=courier new,courier,monospace]Driver: Callaway Epic 3+ FW (12.5*)[/font]
    [font=courier new,courier,monospace]Fairway: Callaway Epic 3 (16*) and 5 (20*)[/font]
    [font=courier new,courier,monospace]Irons: Edel SLS-01 4-9[/font]
    [font=courier new,courier,monospace]Wedges: Edel SLS-01 (GW 50, SW 55)
    Cleveland RTX-3 2 dot (LW 58)
    Putter: Odyssey 3-ball[/font]
  • ZaddnZaddn Members Posts: 172 ✭✭
    I am gaming 4-p with the cobra forged and then have a 52, 56, and 60 in the wedges (standard wedges). I don’t really see the one length benefit of wedges and I’m actually thinking about picking up a Vokey pitching wedge.

I’m still figuring out the top of the bag as well. I just got an epic driver at 44” that is a bomber and I think I’m going to try out a one length driving iron. I’m curious to see if cobra announces any other single length offerings in the offseason.
  • McgeenoMcgeeno Members Posts: 1,957 ✭✭
    5-LW single length (4 wedges)

Driver and a putter

I actually rotate a driving iron, niblick chipper, 3 wood, 4 hybrid and 2 hybrid in and out depending on the course and my game/comfort level
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 11,687 mod
    mcgeec79 wrote:

Looking at making the move to single length irons and wedges for next season. Will go 4-LW, plus putter. That leaves me room for driver, FW, and hybrid. Anyone else gaming single length , how did you finish out your bag?

I went 5-GW / 54 / 60 at the bottom.

D / 3W / 3H / 3i driving iron at the top.
    M3 12* - AD-DI6x Black
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95 s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Toulon Indy 35" / TM TP5
  • SpeedyProSpeedyPro Members Posts: 565
    hybrid #4, 5-8 irons

and then regular 9, pw, 52, 56

works very well. Best round in 7 years since I've lost interest in being a serious golfer (I am super casual golfer now, just having fun with friends is the only purpose)

tried 9-GW single length, but couldn't handle it well
  • doogan520doogan520 Doogan520 Members Posts: 24 ✭✭
    2 years in I’m currently:

3W, 5W single length (41.5”)

5H, 6-SW single length (37”)

58w std length

I’m switching out my SL SW (54*) for a std length SW (54*). I just think I need to feel a little more heft.
    Cobra F6 9.5* (44.5")
    Pinhawk 3W, 5W, 7W (41.5")
    Sterling SL 5H, 6-SW (37")
    Bettinardi Queen Bee #9

Ball: KSIG, Snell Get Sum
  • boggymanboggyman Members Posts: 2,565 ✭✭
    4-P Cobra F Max one length. CBX 50,54,58 for wedges but gonna swap the 50,54 for a 52 and see how that works. Older Mizuno Fli-Hi driving iron for my 3 iron,. More I use SL the more I’m liking them.
  • kenstlkenstl Members Posts: 423 ✭✭
    2+ years in. 6-SW sterlings sl, 60 Deg 1”+ over, D 44.25”, 4w 41” and 21 deg hybrid 39”.
    Cobra LTD Driver
    Wishon 929 4 wood
    SL Sterling Irons 5-LW
    Evnroll Arm Lock Putter
  • LobberLobber Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭
    Just received my demo set of Cobra Forged Tec One Irons built to my specs. First round tomorrow with more to follow. Cobra has a program right now which allows you to order the One Length built to your specs - length, lie, grips, shaft of choice, etc and try them for $20.00 If you don't like them you call Cobra and return them. No questions asked. If you love them and want to keep them then you pay for the set. I am so stoked to give these a try and this is a really efficient way to do so.
  • LobberLobber Members Posts: 2,384 ✭✭
    And to finish it out I have Miura Raw 50-56-60
  • GimmieHendrixGimmieHendrix Unregistered Posts: 153
    I hit Wishon Sterling irons, which I LOVE!!! So great. I have 5,6,7,8,9,PW,GW,SW. Might grab the 4 iron and a 60 degree wedge. Cannot say enough great things about these clubs, life changing. Mine are 37", 64 degree lie, D0 swing weight. Soooo good. I hit a $1 putter which is incredibly accurate and dangerous. I'm still settling on my woods/driver. I have Callaway Xtreme Fit right now, they are fine, but I also want to explore Wishon woods. And I am shopping right now for an SMT Deep Bore 455, supposedly an incredibly long yet legal driver that hits straight. I hope to find one ASAP.
  • Rich DouglasRich Douglas Members Posts: 324 ✭✭
    Almost 2 years and have not turned back!

Wishon Sterling. Started with 4-GW. No troubles with the 4I because of a high swing speed. The GW remains a little quirky; less bounce than I was used to.

Picked up the SW and LW, but eventually put them away and returned to traditional versions. Just couldn't get the versatility from them, not because they are too long but because they are to flat. Opening the blade creates to potential for toe drag. This means no flop shots and nothing very creative from bunkers.

I will never, ever go back to SL irons. If only Ping would come out with a set....
    Driver: Titleist 917 D3 (Aldila Rogue MAX 65)
    2W: TM Mini Driver
    3H: Ping G410 (19 degrees)
    Irons: Wishon Sterling Single Length 4I-LW
    Putter: Bloodline (mallet)
    Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft
  • GimmieHendrixGimmieHendrix Unregistered Posts: 153

If only Ping would come out with a set....

It's coming. Just a question of time.
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 11,687 mod

If only Ping would come out with a set....

It's coming. Just a question of time.

Please Ping, dont ever do this.

Signed,

My American Express card.
    M3 12* - AD-DI6x Black
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95 s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Toulon Indy 35" / TM TP5
  • jeff1727jeff1727 Members Posts: 193 ✭✭
    Lobber wrote:

Just received my demo set of Cobra Forged Tec One Irons built to my specs. First round tomorrow with more to follow. Cobra has a program right now which allows you to order the One Length built to your specs - length, lie, grips, shaft of choice, etc and try them for $20.00 If you don't like them you call Cobra and return them. No questions asked. If you love them and want to keep them then you pay for the set. I am so stoked to give these a try and this is a really efficient way to do so.

Did you play the Edel single length irons at one point? If so could you offer a comparison between the cobra Tec and Edel irons after you have some time with the cobras, Thank you.