Miura Hayate driver

HotdoctaHotdocta Members Posts: 239 ✭✭
Anyone hit it?

Comments

• FLOGMRFLOGMR Members Posts: 1,265 ✭✭
    I have had a couple of them.... I worked at Miura so got one before they were originally released to the public. My first one was a high loft model so I hit it a mile in the air without enough distance. I then switch to the lowest loft head we had in stock (9.7 degrees) and put a Tour AD shaft in it....loved it....long, straight and easy to work around. Great drivers.....no hosel adjustments but a couple of moveable weights in the sole of the head gives all the adjustment you will need!
  • HotdoctaHotdocta Members Posts: 239 ✭✭
    FLOGMR wrote:

I have had a couple of them.... I worked at Miura so got one before they were originally released to the public. My first one was a high loft model so I hit it a mile in the air without enough distance. I then switch to the lowest loft head we had in stock (9.7 degrees) and put a Tour AD shaft in it....loved it....long, straight and easy to work around. Great drivers.....no hosel adjustments but a couple of moveable weights in the sole of the head gives all the adjustment you will need!

I did not see your reply. Are you gaming it still? Does it compare against any of the major United States oems
    No longer working at Miura (Retired).....but I would say the Hayate would hold it's own against any of the current "Big" name drivers.... a buddy of mine uses one and kills it all day long.

I went to an all Yonex bag just because I have always liked their clubs, but I would recommend anyone who wants a great JDM driver to grab a Miura Hayate if you can get one at a decent price....great club!!
    FLOGMR wrote:

No longer working at Miura (Retired).....but I would say the Hayate would hold it's own against any of the current "Big" name drivers.... a buddy of mine uses one and kills it all day long.

I went to an all Yonex bag just because I have always liked their clubs, but I would recommend anyone who wants a great JDM driver to grab a Miura Hayate if you can get one at a decent price....great club!!

I got one coming. I am just hoping that 10.5 was the right choice. Right now I am currently playing and got fit for a rogue sub zero 10.5. I hear hayate is fairly low spinning
  • LandyLandy ClubWRX Posts: 2,112 ClubWRX
    Hello how does the Hayate compare to the SIT? Thank you
    Landy wrote:

Hello how does the Hayate compare to the SIT? Thank you

Longer, higher and straighter.....otherwise about the same image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
  • LandyLandy ClubWRX Posts: 2,112 ClubWRX
    Anyone else have insight on this driver? Thank you
  • chonkoachonkoa Members Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Hotdocta wrote:

FLOGMR wrote:

I got one coming. I am just hoping that 10.5 was the right choice. Right now I am currently playing and got fit for a rogue sub zero 10.5. I hear hayate is fairly low spinning
    Any update on how it plays compared to the Rogue?
    Ping G Driver
    Taylormade UDI 1,2,3 irons
    Miura Tournament Blades 4,5,6
    Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 7 iron
    Mizuno MP 18 8,9,P irons
    Mizuno S18 50 & 60
    Ping Putter/ Miura KM 008
    chonkoa wrote:

Hotdocta wrote:

FLOGMR wrote:

Honestly, I wanted to love it. I thought the feeling was great. Felt like the glory days of Tm before the carbon crowns. The only problem for me was it launched to high and spun to much. I was using a Kuro Kage xd in it.
    Hotdocta wrote:

chonkoa wrote:

Hotdocta wrote:

FLOGMR wrote:

Honestly, I wanted to love it. I thought the feeling was great. Felt like the glory days of Tm before the carbon crowns. The only problem for me was it launched to high and spun to much. I was using a Kuro Kage xd in it.

Thanks for sharing. I guess you don't like it then? I am thinking of giving it a try.
    Ping G Driver
    Mizuno MP 18 8,9,P irons
    Mizuno S18 50 & 60
  • The pxg driver is a better value and the spinnrates are incredible. Players gaining 15 yards with same shaft as other setups.
    8iron175 wrote:

The pxg driver is a better value and the spinnrates are incredible. Players gaining 15 yards with same shaft as other setups.

Thanks for sharing.

So I take that you have compared them both- thanks for the insight.
    Ping G Driver
    Mizuno MP 18 8,9,P irons
    Mizuno S18 50 & 60
    I just ordered a pxg. Will let you know
  • Close friend sells pxg, has been in business long time. Has seen spin rates and distance with pxg that has his speechless. Sells many jdm and says pxg is best.
    8iron175 wrote:

Close friend sells pxg, has been in business long time. Has seen spin rates and distance with pxg that has his speechless. Sells many jdm and says pxg is best.

I personally thought gen1 pxg drivers were horrible. I have been playing pxg from day 1 so I really wanted to love them.

Gen2 is for real, it is crazy long.

With that said I Miura has a new driver in the works
    Pulled the trigger on a Hayate head off the bay. I believe the price was decent as I typically keep drivers for 5 years or so before switching. I will benchmark it against my Ping G driver.
    Ping G Driver
    Mizuno MP 18 8,9,P irons
    Mizuno S18 50 & 60
    How much did you get it for?
    Hotdocta wrote:

How much did you get it for?

$299 for the head. I intend on mating it to a Graphite Design AD Tour M9003 shaft.
    Ping G Driver
    Mizuno MP 18 8,9,P irons
    Mizuno S18 50 & 60
    Nice , I see my old head is on the bay. Matched with a Fuji shaft. Let me know what you think of it
    Hotdocta wrote:

Nice , I see my old head is on the bay. Matched with a Fuji shaft. Let me know what you think of it

Sure. I see you are 230km north of me.
    Ping G Driver
    Mizuno MP 18 8,9,P irons
    Mizuno S18 50 & 60
    So I got to hit the Hayate today in the range, and with snow on the ground is hard to say anything about distance.

However compare to my Ping G driver with loft set at 11 degrees, it launches significantly lower, so there is a potential for runoff.

The other thing I noticed is that compared to the Ping G, it requires a slower down swing and a late release to get an optimal launch.

Hopefully next week, I will take it out for a second date.
    Ping G Driver
    Mizuno MP 18 8,9,P irons
    Mizuno S18 50 & 60
    Keep us posted. I was literally the opposite. It was a high launching machine for me
    edited Mar 17, 2019 2:49am #24
    Hotdocta wrote:

Keep us posted. I was literally the opposite. It was a high launching machine for me

I got the high launch initially when I was swinging it just like the Ping G. Once I quickly adjusted my release point and slow down on the down-swing up to the point of release I started getting lower launch angles.

You literally have to allow the club come down ie hold the lag to the last minute before firing it otherwise you will be hitting it like a pitching wedge.

I can definitely say it is a penetrating ball flight when you get a good one.

Snow is melting away so soon I will be able to report on the distance comparison.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Ping G Driver
    Mizuno MP 18 8,9,P irons
    Mizuno S18 50 & 60
    Interesting... you are in red deer?
    Airdrie
    Ping G Driver
    Mizuno MP 18 8,9,P irons
    Mizuno S18 50 & 60
    Ahh cool... nice to meet a close Canadian
  • subwrxsubwrx Posts: 87 ✭✭

@Hotdocta said:
    Ahh cool... nice to meet a close Canadian

Can’t wait for this snow to be gone too!
    Edmonton for me.

Yep, things are looking better and better in edmonton

Ping G SFT is looking likely to be displaced by the Miura Hayate. Got to do proper benchmarking today and the following were my observations.
    1. It consistently produced the best dispersion.
    2. It consistently delivered a lower penetrating ball flight with longer carry. With range balls, I was observing about 10 yds gain over the Ping G.
    3. Due to the lower trajectory, I noticed more run-out with the Miura Hayate than I did with the Ping G.
    4. The sound is kind of funny, I won't I like nor dislike it, however I prefer the sound of the Ping G to the Miura.
    5. The head of the Miura looks smaller compared to the Ping G, and feels lighter than the Ping.

Ping G Driver
    Mizuno MP 18 8,9,P irons
    Mizuno S18 50 & 60
    edited Apr 3, 2019 2:04am #31

Are the ranges all open in airdre