Accidentally bought the best putter I've ever handled...............

jjrpilotjjrpilot Members Posts: 335 ✭✭
Long story short, I bought a used Never Compromise Dinero Exec putter for a buddy for a surprise gift....the problem is that when it came in, it was as if it were measured for me. The lie angle, the length, weight etc were perfect....so I kept it. I'll be finding him a different putter.





This Dinero Exec, doesn't fall "open" when setting it behind the ball.....I set it down and it sits perfectly square...it's like heaven! This is the fist "anser" style putter that I've ever had that doesn't slide open ever sooo slightly. This thing is nuts.



Forged, and milled, this is super soft!



My only complaint is the paintfill which I plan to strip.





IF anyone reading this happens to have another LH NC Dinero Exec putter that they'd be willing to part with please PM me!

Comments

  • DustdevilDustdevil Members Posts: 384 ✭✭
    It is a great putter. As I said when we PM'ed, my son has mine and won't give it back. Unlike his father, he tends to find one good club and sticks with it. �



    I bought mine back in '15 as a closeout blank for a customized putter program they were running. I did the paintfill myself and as I found out later it actually turned out to be almost what the regular ones looked like. Not a great photo, but the only one I took. The $ eventually got filled in with black. The only unique part is the "Dustdevil Green" paintfill on the bumpers and some on the bottom. I thought regular green Testors looked a little cheap so I took half a bottle of med. green and dripped in drops of black until I achieved a nice forest green color that really looked sharp. (It was a truly custom color. I couldn't reproduce it perfectly even if I tried.)



    Anyway, enjoy the putter. Those things were works of art. I wish NC hadn't gone under.d5ffed866fa6401b994dea454dbfa607.jpg
  • T-MACT-MAC Members Posts: 1,958 ✭✭
    edited Oct 3, 2018 #3
    I have one in the collection. Picked it up from my friend Chip Usher of Usher Golf (Black lab Putters). Belonged to a PGA Pro buddy of his.

    Putter feels terrific. Reminds me of a Scotty Mil Spec.

    Mine isn't left handed though......sorry. image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />
  • jjrpilotjjrpilot Members Posts: 335 ✭✭
    Opinder wrote:




    Ya unfortunately even though, I'd put it on par with Scotties today...the price is crazy low, esp for a forged, milled putter. I've had a number of nice putters in the past: Scotty, Lajosi, Sunset Beach custom, custom Seemore, multiple Pings etc. This is still the first putter with a plumber's neck that hasn't opened ever so slightly when addressed.



    I set it behind the ball and this putter doesn't move at all. It makes it so nice to putt with. No tinkering to get the putter square. It's definitely a special little treat.
  • augustgolfaugustgolf Golf with dignity Coastal NCMembers Posts: 3,902 ✭✭
    jjrpilot wrote:

    Opinder wrote:




    Ya unfortunately even though, I'd put it on par with Scotties today...the price is crazy low, esp for a forged, milled putter. I've had a number of nice putters in the past: Scotty, Lajosi, Sunset Beach custom, custom Seemore, multiple Pings etc. This is still the first putter with a plumber's neck that hasn't opened ever so slightly when addressed.



    I set it behind the ball and this putter doesn't move at all. It makes it so nice to putt with. No tinkering to get the putter square. It's definitely a special little treat.




    Alas....like a good woman, or bottle of wine, even the best and truest of putters will turn around one day, and bite you in the a$$.
    Pings from the beginning

    OGA member 1415
    or is it 1514...
    I don't remember exactly
  • reider69reider69 Members Posts: 615 ✭✭
    I game the NC Gambler Limited. Beautiful putter and soft off the face. Bought it mint off Ebay 3 years ago for $80. If it said Scotty Cameron on it it would have been $400.
    Mizuno ST190 - Kuro Kage Silver Tini 70X
    Cobra BioCell+ - Matrix Ozik Red Tie 6Q3 X
    Cobra BioCell 3-4 Hybrid - Aldila Rogue Black 85 X
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-G, KBS C Taper Lite X
    Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 - 54 and 58 - Modus 105X
    Callaway Xforged - 64 degrees
    Lajosi DD201 Proto
  • GimmieHendrixGimmieHendrix Unregistered Posts: 153
    Killer, I need to buy one of these ASAP.
  • augustgolfaugustgolf Golf with dignity Coastal NCMembers Posts: 3,902 ✭✭
    reider69 wrote:


    I game the NC Gambler Limited. Beautiful putter and soft off the face. Bought it mint off Ebay 3 years ago for $80. If it said Scotty Cameron on it it would have been $400.




    Mint, Mint, Mint, Minty, Minty, Minty, Minty, MintMintMintMintyMintyMintyMinty.....
    Pings from the beginning

    OGA member 1415
    or is it 1514...
    I don't remember exactly
  • Mozjo33Mozjo33 I play a lot...just not well. Members Posts: 532 ✭✭
    Had one - biggest regret was selling it. One of the best valued putters out there. Hard to find one now a days.
  • p3gap3ga Members Posts: 647 ✭✭
    NC's never got the respect they deserved, it's a fine putter.



    I'm back to using a Sub 30/30 (similar to a Cleveland #10) after a few years. It's been a good season on the greens.
    Phil

    I saw Brandel Chamblee drinkin' a piña colada at Trader Vic's
    His hair was perfect

    - Warren Zevon, Werewolves of London



    All the clubs I've ever owned.
  • whitembwhitemb Members Posts: 277 ✭✭
    Had the same experience with the Cleveland Classic Collection 7, which is like a very, very poor man's TP Soft Tail. Stalked eBay until I found a mint backup as well. Since SRI Sports LTD owns both Cleveland and NC, I believe the NC Dinero Tycoon is from the same mold with different branding. The NC/Cleveland lines of putters with the deep mill faces have remarkable feel and can be purchased today for pennies.
  • DonW468DonW468 Members Posts: 17
    I think this putter is the best one so far. This type of putter is hard to find nowadays.
    Tee It Up on the Wild Side..
  • dakotasledderdakotasledder ClubWRX Posts: 220 ClubWRX
    I have a Dinero that's been hanging out in a spare bag for a couple years. Always felt like it lined up perfect so I used it to compare other putters to when I put new grips on them. They are solid putters.
    G400MAX 9* Evenflow Black
    M4 15* Evenflow Blue 6.0
    M4 19* Atmos
    Ping i200 modus 105
    Vokey 50 chrome, 54-58 limited copper.
    Piretti Potenza Elite or CW2 gunmetal gray custom.
  • smeech8000smeech8000 Ev'ryday I'm Trufflin' Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    jjrpilot wrote:


    Long story short, I bought a used Never Compromise Dinero Exec putter for a buddy for a surprise gift....the problem is that when it came in, it was as if it were measured for me. The lie angle, the length, weight etc were perfect....so I kept it. I'll be finding him a different putter.




    Sounds like how I met my wife! Err, except replace "bought for a surprise gift" with "setup on a blind date". image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />



    I have a Connoisseur that I rotate every now and then. I absolutely love the rolled topline and sight dot combination at address - seems like all OEM's nowadays feature the flat topline with flange sightline which I don't feel suits my eye as well. NC went a little over the top with the aesthetics on the rest of the putter (especially all the junk on the neck... ugh), but it rolls surprisingly well after adding some lead tape.
    Titleist 915D4 9.5*
    Titleist 909f3 15*
    Titleist 913h 19*
    Cally RAZR MB 4-PW
    Cally Forged 50/54/58
    Lajosi Sensor
  • jjrpilotjjrpilot Members Posts: 335 ✭✭


    I have a Dinero that's been hanging out in a spare bag for a couple years. Always felt like it lined up perfect so I used it to compare other putters to when I put new grips on them. They are solid putters.




    This is exactly why I kept it. I'm glad you noticed it too. It sits so square when you address it behind the ball. Most other PN styles..will move on you ever so slightly open etc...this just sits there wanting to putt the ball. I'm still watching to see if I can find another used LH somewhere.
  • T-MACT-MAC Members Posts: 1,958 ✭✭
    smeech8000 wrote:

    jjrpilot wrote:


    Long story short, I bought a used Never Compromise Dinero Exec putter for a buddy for a surprise gift....the problem is that when it came in, it was as if it were measured for me. The lie angle, the length, weight etc were perfect....so I kept it. I'll be finding him a different putter.




    Sounds like how I met my wife! Err, except replace "bought for a surprise gift" with "setup on a blind date". image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />



    I have a Connoisseur that I rotate every now and then. I absolutely love the rolled topline and sight dot combination at address - seems like all OEM's nowadays feature the flat topline with flange sightline which I don't feel suits my eye as well. NC went a little over the top with the aesthetics on the rest of the putter (especially all the junk on the neck... ugh), but it rolls surprisingly well after adding some lead tape.




    I know what you mean about the junk on the neck. I'm glad mine doesn't have it. Looks much cleaner.

    I think the Pro that owned it told NC that he didn't want it on there so they sent him one without the engravings on the neck.

    It's just an awesome putter. Especially for the money you can grab one for today.
  • DustdevilDustdevil Members Posts: 384 ✭✭
    I actually like the junk on the neck. It's different and kind of in your face.
  • Double DodgerDouble Dodger Members Posts: 83 ✭✭
    I have four different models. All are outstanding works of art. My question has always been ‘who killed them’? No one seems to know but I suspect Bettinardi. Some of the neck milling looks very familiar.
  • sr129sr129 Members Posts: 229 ✭✭
    edited Jan 5, 2019 6:01pm #20
    recently picked one up on ebay for $40. It was alittle beat up and looked like it had been hauled around without a head cover.

    This is my first attempt at putter repair and i plan on spending more time on it but I think it came out pretty good.



    Before and after
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • cradd10cradd10 Members Posts: 1,285 ✭✭
    If anyone wants one of these. There is a left handed model in the middle of the lake about 75 yards away from the green on 18 at a Piedmont Driving Club in atl
    M1 460 Syngery Proto 75
    17' M2 15° Hzdrus blk 6.5
    X2Hot Pro 18°
    RSi2 4-W. C-Taper 130x
    Vokey SM6 50,55,60
    Edel E-2
Sign In or Register to comment.