Fujikura's new Ventus shafts

Comments

• BottleCapBottleCap Members Posts: 1,268 ✭✭
    I got an email about this, is this shaft made in Japan?
    Titleist TS2 GD TourAD IZ 7S
    Titleist TS2 15 GD TourAD F-85S
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3-4 DG AMT S300
    Mizuno MP-18 5-PW DG S400
    Vokey SM7 54M and 60M
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • PALS-SSAPALS-SSA Posts: 279 ✭✭

You named it “wind” or “air” (in Latin).

Curious.

Makes sense why they don't have any heavy shafts then.

Hey, Fujikura! When are you going to produce a 90-100g shaft again?
  • DuckHook02DuckHook02 Members Posts: 980 ✭✭
    Any updates in terms of performance, etc.?
  • mjbaker80mjbaker80 Posts: 581 ✭✭
    Pretty impressive debut for the Ventus! Goes in Grace's driver.....finishes second at Waste Management. Great job, Fuji fellas! Just ordered mine from JD's Clubs!
  • awtryau89awtryau89 Members Posts: 1,193 ✭✭
    Can't wait to hear the thoughts on this one. I know TXG will be reviewing it soon as well.
  • nmpete11nmpete11 Posts: 81 ✭✭
    I'm not huge into testing shafts, but I'm really interested in this.
    [font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][background=transparent]Callaway Rogue SZ 9* / Fujikura Pro 2.0 6X[/background][/font]
    [font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][background=transparent]Taylormade 2017 M2 Tour 15* / Kuro Kage 70 X[/background][/font]

[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][background=transparent][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Mizuno [/font]MP 18 Fli-Hi 2 / Graphite Design Tour AD DI (testing for fun)[/background][/font]

[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][background=transparent]Taylormade p790 3 / [/background][/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Graphite Design Tour AD DI[/font]

[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][background=transparent]Cobra King CB (4-6) MB (7-9) / DG X100[/background][/font]

[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][background=transparent]Titleist SM6 48/54/60 / Vokey Wedge Flex[/background][/font]

[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][background=transparent]Evnroll ER2[/background][/font]

[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][background=transparent]Taylormade TP5x[/background][/font]
  • mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting..... Atlanta, GAMembers Posts: 685 ✭✭
    From what I read and heard, it sounds like the 8X would be money for a 3w
    WITB

TM R9 460 TP 9.5* - Fujikura Motore F1 65X
    TM R9 TP 3W 15* - Fujikura Motore F1 85S
    TM P790 3 & 4 - Nippon Modus3 T 105X
    TM P790 5-PW - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM MG 50* - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM Z TP 54* & 58* - Project X 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant
    Couldn't help myself. Got fitted and ordered a 7s for my driver. This is going to be an interesting one. Very smooth loading shaft to be such a strong tip. It is hard to describe the feeling for off center strikes. Centered shots feel just like most any other butt soft/tip stiff shaft. Off center strikes are unique. There is absolutely no give whatsoever. Its not harsh though. I can best equate it to a graphite version of the Modus 120 iron shaft. I think it feels softer than it plays. I normally play most shafts tipped a bit but went no tipping on this one due to that. Can't wait to hear others opinions but this one is going to be a huge hit for Fuji when folks start seeing dispersion like I saw. I should have mine Friday and will have it out this weekend for an on course review.
  • provxprovx Members Posts: 821 ✭✭
    awtryau89 wrote:

Couldn't help myself. Got fitted and ordered a 7s for my driver. This is going to be an interesting one. Very smooth loading shaft to be such a strong tip. It is hard to describe the feeling for off center strikes. Centered shots feel just like most any other butt soft/tip stiff shaft. Off center strikes are unique. There is absolutely no give whatsoever. Its not harsh though. I can best equate it to a graphite version of the Modus 120 iron shaft. I think it feels softer than it plays. I normally play most shafts tipped a bit but went no tipping on this one due to that. Can't wait to hear others opinions but this one is going to be a huge hit for Fuji when folks start seeing dispersion like I saw. I should have mine Friday and will have it out this weekend for an on course review.

Interesting, do you think the off center strikes were flying different, or simply felt different
    Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
    Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
    Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
    Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
    Biomech Acculock
    Snell MTB Black
  • I looked on Fuji's website to compare this to the Atmos Black TS. It looks like the tip of the Atmos Black is stiffer than the Ventus, which is very interesting to me. I wonder how the new materials contribute to overall stiffness compared to the Black.
    King LTD Pro 7.5 F / Kuro Kage DC 70TX Tipped 1" - 44.5"
    Exotics XCG7 Beta 13*
    '94 Callaway Big Bertha 3 - 9 irons
    46* SM7 / 50* (TBD) / 54* Top Flite / 58* (TBD)
    Old Odyssey Mallet
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,172 ✭✭
    awtryau89 wrote:

Damnit now I may have to try one of these. However, I don't think of modus as your typical tip stiff soft butt shaft. It's a pretty unique profile really and I think if you compared it to your gold standard DG, you'd find the tip on modus to be softer, and the butt to actually be more firm.

The most interesting thing you say though is on off center hits. My biggest gripe with my current shaft is that toe strikes produce this really bad feel of the club face twisting wide open... Not sure what that is but I assume it's lack of torsional rigidity through the whole profile. I've never been too keen on the measurement of "torque" from OEMs.

My last driver was a srixon z785 with a 60tx pro blue and that thing was very solid. Tipped once inch and it was actually a little bit too stiff for me, but man the thing was solid.
    WITB
    DRIVER MIA
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge (Hi Toe 58 KBS Wedge in test)
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

Actually the Modus 120 is unique. Don’t want to derail the Ventus talk but the 120 has a super stiff tip with very soft mid and butt section to offset. In comparable flex the 120 tip is much stiffer than any DG.
    edited Feb 13, 2019 2:24pm #44

I looked on Fuji's website to compare this to the Atmos Black TS. It looks like the tip of the Atmos Black is stiffer than the Ventus, which is very interesting to me. I wonder how the new materials contribute to overall stiffness compared to the Black.

There is a VERY cool article on pga.com about the Ventus. You may be especially interested as he references the Atmos Black for comparative purposes.

The article gives amazing detail on the construction and all but states there are more Ventus (Venti?!?) coming! Sounds like the others will "swap" the soft butt and stiff tip and there will be yet another that is counterbalanced.

https://www.pgatour....ocore-enso.html
  • parmachineparmachine Members Posts: 16
    heard good things about this shaft
  • SwingBluesSwingBlues We are the Old Dark Navy Blues Members Posts: 3,437 ✭✭
    Dispersions on my ATMOS is unbelievable. Seriously impressing even my regular foursome on those tight tree lined fairways and I'd say, it's the best in all the shafts that I've played to date. Great to hear Ventus is carrying on tradition. Now if I hear, its even tighter than ATMOS, I may consider a change... image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Callaway Epic Flash SubZero 9*, Fujikura Ventus 6-S finished 44.5"
    Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft
    Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite

Taylormade P790 4-PW, Nippon Modus 3 105 with ProSoft inserts, Grip Master Perforated leather grips
    Ben Hogan 2018 Equalizer 48* and 52* Forged wedges
    Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge
    Directed Force Reno "2.05" with BGT Stability shaft (Presse V tweaked)

Ball: Srixon XV
    Swing: PPGS, a Surgite !!!
  • Fujikura GolfFujikura Golf Sponsors Posts: 249 ✭✭

I looked on Fuji's website to compare this to the Atmos Black TS. It looks like the tip of the Atmos Black is stiffer than the Ventus, which is very interesting to me. I wonder how the new materials contribute to overall stiffness compared to the Black.

Hi there, sorry for any confusion, let us clarify. Ventus's stiff tip is based on the EI profile and where that stiff begins to stiffen compared to ATMOS TS for example. the ATMOS TS black's Tip Flex is slightly lower, but that is just one measurement at the very end of the tip, so it doesn't paint the whole picture. So EI is a better picture of where a product is stiff or soft.

ATMOS TS Black will feel stiffer because of the handle and mid section are more stout than Ventus designed for those aggressive loaders. Ventus will feel stiffer at the bottom/tip of the shaft than all of the ATMOS TS profiles though.

The VeloCore technology promotes stability throughout the shaft, however, we've designed Ventus with an accelerated taper in the handle section for better loading and feel. So it does not feel like a telephone pole.

Call us any time to talk this through more and clear anything up.
  • GooseHookGooseHook Keep it Fraiche Members Posts: 11,645 ✭✭
    Looking forward to trying this. I ordered a 7X untipped today, trying to dethrone the mighty 757.
    M4 9.5°, Ventus 7x
    Mizuno ST-180 16°, Atmos Blue 8x
    Mizuno CLK  19°, Recoil Hybrid 95
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

Srixon Z785 5-PW
    Mizuno S18  50.07, 54.08 & 58.08
    Nippon Modus 125x
    EVNROLL ER3
    Z-Star XV
    Lead Tape

Was dying to see if DJ gamed this today.....he gets one hole in.....and.......downpour (sad face).
  • tgg27tgg27 Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    I am excited to try this shaft. I will be ordering one next week. I really like this profile. I am going to be trying it against the new ns pro regio formula b+. I currently am playing a fuji pro 2.0 6S tipped 1". I think I might try the 7S in this shaft straight in. SS is 101 to 105 right now. Hopefully it will get back to 107ish when the muscles loosen up a bit when its not 35 to 40 degrees.
    My ITB changes too frequently to keep up with it here.
  • GooseHookGooseHook Keep it Fraiche Members Posts: 11,645 ✭✭
    tgg27 wrote:

I am excited to try this shaft. I will be ordering one next week. I really like this profile. I am going to be trying it against the new ns pro regio formula b+. I currently am playing a fuji pro 2.0 6S tipped 1". I think I might try the 7S in this shaft straight in. SS is 101 to 105 right now. Hopefully it will get back to 107ish when the muscles loosen up a bit when its not 35 to 40 degrees.

I was thinking about maybe tipping the Ventus, but reading the info on it again (and again) I figured the design has an ultra stiff tip in mind. Also, the tipping instructions recommend none for a 3 wood and although my driver head is heavy, it's not even close to being as heavy as a 3 wood. I can still go heavier in my M4 if the balance point on the Ventus feels light, which I wouldn't mind.

I'm excited to try something that's designed to be ultra stable and yet not ultra low launch with some handle feel. I hated the Atmos Black, even at 75 grams the handle felt sort of dead and made my driver feel too light. The Atmos Blue is probably too close to my Motore 757 to warrant testing and this is something new.
    M4 9.5°, Ventus 7x
    Mizuno ST-180 16°, Atmos Blue 8x
    Mizuno CLK  19°, Recoil Hybrid 95
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

Srixon Z785 5-PW
    Mizuno S18  50.07, 54.08 & 58.08
    Nippon Modus 125x
    EVNROLL ER3
    Z-Star XV
    Lead Tape

• MillerLowLifeMillerLowLife Posts: 667 ✭✭
    edited Feb 15, 2019 9:46am #52
    After one indoor range session, the shaft feels really good. You can definitely feel the shaft load in your hands but the tip is very stable. I have the 6x and for a light shaft, it's very low torque. No twisting whatsoever. I want to get a few more sessions in and play a couple rounds in March before I give my final review in the other thread but so far it appears to be a great shaft.

EDIT: This is the Ventus 6x shaft
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,172 ✭✭
    Anybody compare this directly to TZ5/6?
    WITB
    DRIVER MIA
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge (Hi Toe 58 KBS Wedge in test)
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

• provxprovx Members Posts: 821 ✭✭
    Fuji, looks like the TR and the ventus will both be popular shafts this season. Can you give a quick rundown of the differences between those two and the player type each targets. Thanks
    Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
    Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
    Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
    Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
    Biomech Acculock
    Snell MTB Black
  • mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting..... Atlanta, GAMembers Posts: 685 ✭✭
    I’m pretty sure I’m going to be getting the 8X from WP soon. Going to play it in my M5 3w
    WITB

TM R9 460 TP 9.5* - Fujikura Motore F1 65X
    TM R9 TP 3W 15* - Fujikura Motore F1 85S
    TM P790 3 & 4 - Nippon Modus3 T 105X
    TM P790 5-PW - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM MG 50* - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM Z TP 54* & 58* - Project X 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,068 ✭✭

After one indoor range session, the shaft feels really good. You can definitely feel the shaft load in your hands but the tip is very stable. I have the 6x and for a light shaft, it's very low torque. No twisting whatsoever. I want to get a few more sessions in and play a couple rounds in March before I give my final review in the other thread but so far it appears to be a great shaft.

EDIT: This is the Ventus 6x shaft

Pretty much my thoughts after a very short range session
  • Crooksc17Crooksc17 Members Posts: 726 ✭✭
    Z1ggy16 wrote:

• boycer11boycer11 ClubWRX Posts: 3,444 ClubWRX
    Crooksc17 wrote:

Z1ggy16 wrote:

Thanks. Very interesting. The g400 lst can perform just as good as any of the new drivers.
    Ping G400 max tensei orange pro
    Callaway epic flash sz 3 wood
    Ping g400 5 wd rogue black 7s
    ping g410 tensei hybrid
    Epon 705 5-aw limited black kbs flt matte black/Callaway Apex 2019 combo
    miura limited black tour 2018 54/58
    taylormade jdm itsy bitsy spider
    ping hoofer
    tp5x
    Played mine today. Very interesting feel I noted in the fitting. The shaft loads so easy you would think it would be all over the place from a dispersion perspective. I look up and every drive is going straight down the middle. Not an easy shaft for me to turn over but I love that aspect. Something I did enjoy was the shaft was very easy to flight. I needed to hit it high a couple of times to carry a tree on a corner and was able to move it up there. Needed a low shot to keep it out of the wind and flighted it down easily. I have a much harder time controlling the Tensei or ADBB. I have not had the chance to swing weight y club yet but it definitely feels more tip heavy compared to the Tensei Pro white I was using before in the same head and same length. Need to spend time on the range with the shaft to really learn it but I think I have a winner for sure.
  • Always_roughAlways_rough Members Posts: 460 ✭✭
    Does anyone know how this shaft would compare to a graphite design AD TP 6x?
    Got 14 daggum golf clubs, but none of 'em hit the ball straight.

(1W) M3 440
    (3W) 917 F3
    (3i) MP-18 fli hi
    (4i-PW) JPX 900 Tour
    (52, 56, 60) SM6
    Oven B1-01
  • MorryMorry Posts: 822 ✭✭
    awtryau89 wrote:

Played mine today. Very interesting feel I noted in the fitting. The shaft loads so easy you would think it would be all over the place from a dispersion perspective. I look up and every drive is going straight down the middle. Not an easy shaft for me to turn over but I love that aspect. Something I did enjoy was the shaft was very easy to flight. I needed to hit it high a couple of times to carry a tree on a corner and was able to move it up there. Needed a low shot to keep it out of the wind and flighted it down easily. I have a much harder time controlling the Tensei or ADBB. I have not had the chance to swing weight y club yet but it definitely feels more tip heavy compared to the Tensei Pro white I was using before in the same head and same length. Need to spend time on the range with the shaft to really learn it but I think I have a winner for sure.

Great review

interested in the tip-heavy comment and what would cause that?
    Ping G400 10.5 - EvenFlow Blue 6.0 / TPT 17 MKP
    Callaway Fusion 3W - Fuji Evo III S
    Srixon U65 18* - EvenFlow Blue 85 6.0
    Taylormade 790 4-P - Modus 105-S
    Cleveland RTX-4 50, 56, 60 - Modus wedge 115,115,125
    Odyssey V-Line Fang O-Works - Stability Shaft 
    Callaway CS-X