Fujikura's new Ventus shafts

1235»

Comments

• GooseHookGooseHook Keep it Fraiche Members Posts: 11,645 ✭✭

GooseHook wrote:

mBiden2 wrote:

Anyone know how the ventus 6X feels compared to the atmos black TS 6x? Cause I love the feel of the atmos black

I compared the 7x versions. Ventus has a lot more feel to it and a little higher launch. Spin wasn't too far off, your golf ball or driver loft would make a bigger difference.

This looks like the review and comparison I've been waiting for. I havent found a ventus to try but did test the atmos black 6x and saw good spin numbers but slightly low launch.

When you say spin wasn't far off do you mean 100-200 rpm or 500 rpm?

I can't speak for everyone, and don't have a launch monitor unfortunately. All I can really say is that it wasn't noticeably higher and definitely not ballooning.
    M4 9.5°, Ventus 7x
    Mizuno ST-180 16°, Atmos Blue 8x
    Mizuno CLK  19°, Recoil Hybrid 95
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

Srixon Z785 5-PW
    Mizuno S18  50.07, 54.08 & 58.08
    Nippon Modus 125x
    EVNROLL ER3
    Z-Star XV
    Lead Tape

• Crimson25Crimson25 Members Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Is there no TX version? X being put in play on tour?
  • Krt22Krt22 Members Posts: 6,174 ✭✭
    GooseHook wrote:

GooseHook wrote:

mBiden2 wrote:

Anyone know how the ventus 6X feels compared to the atmos black TS 6x? Cause I love the feel of the atmos black

I compared the 7x versions. Ventus has a lot more feel to it and a little higher launch. Spin wasn't too far off, your golf ball or driver loft would make a bigger difference.

This looks like the review and comparison I've been waiting for. I havent found a ventus to try but did test the atmos black 6x and saw good spin numbers but slightly low launch.

I can't speak for everyone, and don't have a launch monitor unfortunately. All I can really say is that it wasn't noticeably higher and definitely not ballooning.

How is it compared to the speeder? I current game the Speeder evo V 757X but the ventus seems interesting
  • Fujikura GolfFujikura Golf Sponsors Posts: 249 ✭✭
    Crimson25 wrote:

No TX

Krt22 wrote:

GooseHook wrote:

GooseHook wrote:

mBiden2 wrote:

How is it compared to the speeder? I current game the Speeder evo V 757X but the ventus seems interesting

different profile, much stiffer in the tip, and a bit softer in the handle with the accelerated taper for better loading.
  • radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,634 ✭✭

different profile, much stiffer in the tip, and a bit softer in the handle with the accelerated taper for better loading.

I'm on the hunt for something that gives me the lower launch and spin that is optimal for be, but offers some sort of feedback throughout the swing. It's a hard combination to find. Would the Ventus be one of the lowest spinning that's that you guys offer? I've seen it compared to the Atmos above. Would the Ventus be a closer comparison to the Atmos Black or Blue? I had my first fitting, but they didn't have any of these to try.
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting..... Atlanta, GAMembers Posts: 685 ✭✭
    radiman wrote:

I'm on the hunt for something that gives me the lower launch and spin that is optimal for be, but offers some sort of feedback throughout the swing. It's a hard combination to find. Would the Ventus be one of the lowest spinning that's that you guys offer? I've seen it compared to the Atmos above. Would the Ventus be a closer comparison to the Atmos Black or Blue? I had my first fitting, but they didn't have any of these to try.

I might be wrong, but I believe that the atmos black TS is their lowest spin/lowest launching shaft they offer. I think the ventus is closer to the atmos blue TS.
    WITB

TM R9 460 TP 9.5* - Fujikura Motore F1 65X
    TM R9 TP 3W 15* - Fujikura Motore F1 85S
    TM P790 3 & 4 - Nippon Modus3 T 105X
    TM P790 5-PW - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM MG 50* - Nippon Modus3 T 120S
    TM Z TP 54* & 58* - Project X 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant
    Had a bad swing today on the range. All I can really say right now is the Ventus works well if you have a hook miss.
    M4 9.5°, Ventus 7x

Srixon Z785 5-PW
    Nippon Modus 125x
    EVNROLL ER3
    Z-Star XV
    Lead Tape

• halfsumohalfsumo Members Posts: 646 ✭✭
    Got a chance to take my new Ventus out yesterday and today. I am coming from Tensei Pro White 60TX tipped 1/2" which was good but a hair too stiff and too much work for me. Not terrible at all, and I could game that shaft, just felt I was working a bit hard. During a past fitting, I was also fit into Speeder Evolution II and Atmos Black in different heads, but Tensei Pro White in fairway and hybrid. I like the soft handle stiff tip profile so decided to give Ventus a shot. I went with 6S and tipped 1/2" to play between stiff and x. Shaft feels very smooth. Waggling it, it feels more lively than the Tensei Pro White, Evo II and Atmos Black. Swinging it feels very smooth and stable, I like the feel and in the 6S doesn't feel like I'm over-working to swing it well.

I hate to say it because I'll sound like a victim of marketing, but I really did notice that I was hitting center of the face very consistently. To be fair, I was swinging extremely well today and hitting the middle on most clubs, but the strike pattern on the driver was VERY good. I have the new Mizuno ST190 which has a black face and no graphics on the hitting area so the ball marks were easy to see after each shot. Never over-powered it for a hook like I can do with other smooth profiles (blueboard, IZ) but did hit one toe hook that was a very poor flippy swing and totally all me. I did not notice a huge difference in launch and spin compared to the others.

Shaft does what is says it's supposed to do and is very consistent and playable IMO.
    M5 9* Accra TZ5 M4
    TS3 15 Tensei Pro White 70tx
    818 H1 19 Tensei Pro White 90tx
    i500 4 iron, Steelfiber i95S
    Fourteen FH-900 5-PW Steelfiber i95S
    PING Glide stealth 50, 56 SM7 D 60
    PING Ketsch
  • Fujikura GolfFujikura Golf Sponsors Posts: 249 ✭✭
    halfsumo wrote:

Got a chance to take my new Ventus out yesterday and today. I am coming from Tensei Pro White 60TX tipped 1/2" which was good but a hair too stiff and too much work for me. Not terrible at all, and I could game that shaft, just felt I was working a bit hard. During a past fitting, I was also fit into Speeder Evolution II and Atmos Black in different heads, but Tensei Pro White in fairway and hybrid. I like the soft handle stiff tip profile so decided to give Ventus a shot. I went with 6S and tipped 1/2" to play between stiff and x. Shaft feels very smooth. Waggling it, it feels more lively than the Tensei Pro White, Evo II and Atmos Black. Swinging it feels very smooth and stable, I like the feel and in the 6S doesn't feel like I'm over-working to swing it well.

I hate to say it because I'll sound like a victim of marketing, but I really did notice that I was hitting center of the face very consistently. To be fair, I was swinging extremely well today and hitting the middle on most clubs, but the strike pattern on the driver was VERY good. I have the new Mizuno ST190 which has a black face and no graphics on the hitting area so the ball marks were easy to see after each shot. Never over-powered it for a hook like I can do with other smooth profiles (blueboard, IZ) but did hit one toe hook that was a very poor flippy swing and totally all me. I did not notice a huge difference in launch and spin compared to the others.

Shaft does what is says it's supposed to do and is very consistent and playable IMO.

great to hear! thank you for sharing your feedback, we're glad you're liking Ventus
    First range day with short sleeves. I added weight to my driver head and found some more consistency with the Ventus.

I was also finding the middle with my trusty 757. Definitely holds true that the Ventus is a lower launching shaft. It's a totally new feel to me, but very nice when you flush one. Actual golf will be the real test but if the same stability is there I think I might have a really accurate setup with my M4.
    M4 9.5°, Ventus 7x

Srixon Z785 5-PW
    Nippon Modus 125x
    EVNROLL ER3
    Z-Star XV
    Lead Tape

• FOOTJOY16FOOTJOY16 Members Posts: 731 ✭✭
    I've played 9 holes with my Ventus. Was really wanting to like it.. for some reason it seemed to fly a little lower than normal for me, which surprised me. 9 holes is not a large sample size but I might still end up listing it for sale. I'm out of the norm here, but for some reason I just wasn't feeling it....
    Titleist TS 4 as soon as I can get one
    Titleist TS 3 15.0
    Titleist 718 MB's 
    Vokey SM7 56M 08, 60L04
    Scotty Newport Button Back or
    Scotty Select 1/500 Newport
    FOOTJOY16 wrote:

I've played 9 holes with my Ventus. Was really wanting to like it.. for some reason it seemed to fly a little lower than normal for me, which surprised me. 9 holes is not a large sample size but I might still end up listing it for sale. I'm out of the norm here, but for some reason I just wasn't feeling it....

A shaft this pricey needs at least 36 holes of a fair shake, it's not like the value will plummet in two weeks!

I've only hit terribble range rocks with mine, looking forward to testing it on course with both of the new Z Star balls.
    M4 9.5°, Ventus 7x

Srixon Z785 5-PW
    Nippon Modus 125x
    EVNROLL ER3
    Z-Star XV
    Lead Tape

• FOOTJOY16FOOTJOY16 Members Posts: 731 ✭✭
    GooseHook wrote:

FOOTJOY16 wrote:

A shaft this pricey needs at least 36 holes of a fair shake, it's not like the value will plummet in two weeks!

I've only hit terribble range rocks with mine, looking forward to testing it on course with both of the new Z Star balls.

You are correct. I just have zero patience anymore. I’m sure it’s a great shaft. We’ll see how it goes
    Titleist TS 4 as soon as I can get one
    Titleist TS 3 15.0
    Titleist 718 MB's 
    Vokey SM7 56M 08, 60L04
    Scotty Newport Button Back or
    Scotty Select 1/500 Newport
  • BottleCapBottleCap Members Posts: 1,268 ✭✭
    edited Mar 15, 2019 1:48pm #135
    GooseHook wrote:

FOOTJOY16 wrote:

I'm surprised it's so expensive, i thought it would be in the Atmos TS price range.

is the Ventus made in Japan?
    Titleist TS2 GD TourAD IZ 7S
    Titleist TS2 15 GD TourAD F-85S
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3-4 DG AMT S300
    Mizuno MP-18 5-PW DG S400
    Vokey SM7 54M and 60M
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
    BottleCap wrote:

GooseHook wrote:

FOOTJOY16 wrote:

I'm surprised it's so expensive, i thought it would be in the Atmos TS price range.

is the Ventus made in Japan?

I think it is, and the Pitch 70 fibers are probably quite pricey.

Had mine out in some warm, Gusty weather today. Hit a few ropes with it but it did feel like it took more work than my usual driver shaft. Carry distance was good but nothing to rave about.
    M4 9.5°, Ventus 7x

Srixon Z785 5-PW
    Nippon Modus 125x
    EVNROLL ER3
    Z-Star XV
    Lead Tape

• shintonshinton Members Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Crimson25 said:
    I don't believe a TX version will be necessary, based off of my limited experience with the Ventus, my typical miss with any previous shaft I've used(most current was KURO KAGE XD 70x) was left or hook left. Now, I've only had 2 range sessions with it but Ventus(7X) has almost all but eliminated my miss left. Even when i try to over power the shaft i'm getting great results. My CHS rests between 115-118mph and i would say i load the shaft relatively hard. Again this is with only 2 sessions with it so there is a learning curve but so far I've been impressed.
    Eating my own words.
    Several range sessions and 36+ holes with the Ventus, and I can't figure it out. The ball flight and distance are excellent but I can not, for the life of me, seem to square this profile up to hit a straight ball. I did a few mid-session switches to my 757 and was finding center contact at a better rate than the Ventus. Shinton is definitely right on though, the Ventus is nearly impossible to hook. 

For now I think it's back to the old trusty, and maybe giving the Ventus more time to prove me wrong before the right buyer wants to take it from me. 
    M4 9.5°, Ventus 7x

Srixon Z785 5-PW
    Nippon Modus 125x
    EVNROLL ER3
    Z-Star XV
    Lead Tape

• JamesG12JamesG12 Members Posts: 13 ✭✭

Has anyone tried the Ventus in fairway? Was just fit into a 6s in my G410 driver and love it. Currently have a tensei pro white in my 3 wood.

@JamesG12 said:
    Has anyone tried the Ventus in fairway? Was just fit into a 6s in my G410 driver and love it. Currently have a tensei pro white in my 3 wood.

I think it would be okay, but probably not a big enough difference from the Pro White.

M4 9.5°, Ventus 7x

Srixon Z785 5-PW
    Nippon Modus 125x
    EVNROLL ER3
    Z-Star XV
    Lead Tape

1235»