ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

New PXG prototype driver

Comments

• jcg132jcg132 PTPOTCW Advanced Members Posts: 997 ✭✭
    jcg132 wrote:
    adam2883 wrote:
    Perhaps it’s been mention already, but does anyone know if you can buy extra weights for the driver from PXG? Their website doesn’t really show selling stuff like that, but was curious if anyone knew if you called them directly could you buy any?

You can - you have to call. I also have a bunch of extra weights if you want to message me and let me know what you’re looking for image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

The weights are $2 each from pxg.

+ FedEx shipping. That’s my one gripe with these guys. You buy something small like weights or a hat and they still force you into FedEx ground for $15 that’s slow as **** (at least to get to the east coast from AZ).
    Cobra King F9 Tour Length Speedback 8° - Mitsubishi Chemical TENSEI CK Pro White 60 TX (D5)
    PXG 0341 X GEN2 16.5° - Aldila 2019 ATX Tour Blue Graphene Prototype 70 TX (42.5", D7)
    PXG 0317 X GEN2 19° - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 85 Stiff (40.0", D5)
    Tour Issue Callaway Epic Hybrid 22° - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 85 Stiff (D5)
    PXG 0311 P GEN2 5-7 - Oban CT-115 Stiff (D4)
    PXG 0311 T GEN2 8-9 - Oban CT-115 Stiff (1.0° Strong, D4)
    PXG 0311 T GEN2 PW - Oban CT-115 Stiff (1.0° Strong, D5)
    Vokey SM7 Raw 49.11°F - Oban CT-115 Stiff (+0.25", 1.0° Flat, D5)
    Vokey SM7 Raw 54.10°S - Oban CT-115 Stiff (+0.25", 1.0° Flat, D5+)
    Vokey SM7 Raw 59.09°M - Oban CT-115 Stiff (+0.25", 1.0° Flat, D6)
    Scotty Cameron 009M Carbon - 34", 3.5°, 70°

2019 Titleist Pro V1
    Golf Pride MCC Plus4
    FootJoy Pure Touch Limited
    Sun Mountain C130S
  • nDroid3nDroid3 Advanced Members Posts: 94 ✭✭
    jcg132 wrote:
    jcg132 wrote:
    adam2883 wrote:
    Perhaps it’s been mention already, but does anyone know if you can buy extra weights for the driver from PXG? Their website doesn’t really show selling stuff like that, but was curious if anyone knew if you called them directly could you buy any?

You can - you have to call. I also have a bunch of extra weights if you want to message me and let me know what you’re looking for image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

+ FedEx shipping. That’s my one gripe with these guys. You buy something small like weights or a hat and they still force you into FedEx ground for $15 that’s slow as **** (at least to get to the east coast from AZ).

Well, you could just choose the $1000 shipping option. Lol. It’s pretty ridiculous. They will even charge double shipping cost for additional items and it’ll come in the same box.

nDroid3 wrote:
    jcg132 wrote:
    jcg132 wrote:
    adam2883 wrote:

Well, you could just choose the $1000 shipping option. Lol. It’s pretty ridiculous. They will even charge double shipping cost for additional items and it’ll come in the same box.

I saw that teleport option and thought it was a joke. Wonder how fast it actually gets to you haha.
    Cobra King F9 Tour Length Speedback 8° - Mitsubishi Chemical TENSEI CK Pro White 60 TX (D5)
    PXG 0341 X GEN2 16.5° - Aldila 2019 ATX Tour Blue Graphene Prototype 70 TX (42.5", D7)
    Tour Issue Callaway Epic Hybrid 22° - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 85 Stiff (D5)

2019 Titleist Pro V1
    Golf Pride MCC Plus4
    Sun Mountain C130S
  • CyrideCyride Advanced Members Posts: 116 ✭✭
    Has anyone received an update on when the 0811X heads will be available? The site keeps saying March. Do they have a better date than just March?
  • erock9174erock9174 North Canton, OHAdvanced Members Posts: 3,923 ✭✭
    Was reading some reviews on the gen 1 0811XF and it seems it was extremely draw biased even with the weights neutral. Is the Gen 2 XF as draw biased ?

Driver: Ping Rhapsody 16*
    FW: Ping G400 SFT 5w
    Hybrids: Exotics XRail 23*/26*
    Irons: Ping G700 6-UW
    Wedges: Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 56*/60* - Callaway Sure Out 64*
    Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne H

• poppman2142poppman2142 Advanced Members Posts: 1,134 ✭✭
    erock9174 wrote:
    Was reading some reviews on the gen 1 0811XF and it seems it was extremely draw biased even with the weights neutral. Is the Gen 2 XF as draw biased ?

In my opinion it is pretty neutral bias. My miss is left and I had to try hard to miss it big left.
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5* with Fujikura Ventus 5 stiff tipped 1/2"
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* with Fujikura Ventus 6 stiff tipped 1/2"
    Callaway Apex 19' 18* with Catalyst 70 stiff tipped 1/2"
    Callaway Apex Pro Smoke 4-G with Catalyst 100 stiff
    Cobra PUR wide/low 55,60 with Diamana Thump 115 x-stiff
    Epon Zen 34.75" with Grip Master leather wrap
    Toulon Azalea 34.75" with Grip Master leather wrap
    2018 Callaway Chrome Soft X/Taylormade tp5x
    Golf Pride Multicompound Black/Black +1/64"
    Ogio Silencer bag

erock9174 wrote:

In my opinion it is pretty neutral bias. My miss is left and I had to try hard to miss it big left.

Thanks !!

• WarEagleWebbWarEagleWebb Advanced Members Posts: 117 ✭✭
    edited March 4

erock9174 wrote:

I found the exact same thing and I’m using the same shaft I used in the Gen1 XF
    edited March 4

erock9174 wrote:

Did the Gen 1 XF draw more for you than the Gen 2 ?

• DLBTide7DLBTide7 Members Posts: 62 ✭✭

erock9174 wrote:

Agreed. Gen2 is neutral; I have both the Gen 1 and 2 XF.
    PXG Gen2 XF Driver
    PXG Gen2 X 3 metal
    PXG Gen2 17 degree hybrid
    PXG Gen2 XF Irons, 4-Gap
    PXG milled wedges, 56 and 60
    PXG Mustang putter
    edited March 4
    erock9174 wrote:

erock9174 wrote:

Yes the Gen1 definitely drew more. Much more hooks

The GEN2 is higher launching, flatter flight, and falls left. Much more carry and still has roll out

I’m in love with this driver

erock9174 wrote:

erock9174 wrote:

What do you mean by “falls left “?

The GEN2 is higher launching, flatter flight, and falls left. Much more carry and still has roll out

erock9174 wrote:

erock9174 wrote:

What do you mean by “falls left”?

• DLBTide7DLBTide7 Members Posts: 62 ✭✭

erock9174 wrote:

erock9174 wrote:

WarEagleWeb nailed it; the XF is a great driver.
    PXG Gen2 XF Driver
    PXG Gen2 X 3 metal
    PXG Gen2 17 degree hybrid
    PXG Gen2 XF Irons, 4-Gap
    PXG milled wedges, 56 and 60
    PXG Mustang putter
  • nDroid3nDroid3 Advanced Members Posts: 94 ✭✭
    Can't wait to pick one of the XF's up. Trying to wheel and deal for one now.
    What I meant by “fall left” is that it doesn’t hook and spin as much. Just nicely turns over at the end of carry
  • joneserjoneser Advanced Members Posts: 726 ✭✭
    It may have been mentioned earlier but I have not seen it. This club has been out a while now and there are none of the traditional reviews by the you tubers who usually review clubs. I thought I had heard that they didn't send any to those guys until the Not allowed because of spam test was done but that would not keep anyone from buying one and doing a review. I am very curious to see what they have to say. I finally got to see them in person this weekend and I think its one of the best looking clubs out there. The guy at this facility said it was the best sounding club they had but it was a little down in ball speed from the Callaway, Cobra and TS3. would like to see some numbers
    Taylormade M1 - Fujikura 661 Evo TS
    Titleist 915F Diamana S+
    Titleist 915h Aldila Rogue 85 black
    Titleist 716 AP2 Project X PXI 5.5
    2014 Cameron Select Newport
    Vokey SM6 50f, 54s, 60m
    WITB Link
    ^^ when I was at Club Champion he said that it swings slower becaise of the higher head weight plus their shaft connect system which makes it swingweight at like a D8. Could be why it has slower ballspeed than some of the other oem offerings.

• Dr.JPDr.JP Advanced Members Posts: 454 ✭✭
    erock9174 wrote:
    ^^ when I was at Club Champion he said that it swings slower becaise of the higher head weight plus their shaft connect system which makes it swingweight at like a D8. Could be why it has slower ballspeed than some of the other oem offerings.

You can adjust the head weight and swing weight by changing the screws.
  • snagy2000snagy2000 Advanced Members Posts: 1,497 ✭✭
    Dr.JP wrote:

erock9174 wrote:

Club champion's connector system adds swingweight. A lot of their fittings end with swingweight of D7 or higher. They tried to give me a LST with D7. I recently heard their owner on the radio claiming D9 was a great swingweight. Guy is nuts!
  • djhgolfdjhgolf Advanced Members Posts: 723 ✭✭
    Dr.JP wrote:

erock9174 wrote:

Are you able to elaborate? I had mine built 0811x built to D2 but swings like you said really heavy like at least D8.. Which is unplayable and effects center strikes.

Thanks
    PXG Gen2 0811X 9 - Fujikura TR661X
    PXG Gen2 0341X 15 - Tensei Pro White 70TX
    TM TOUR M3 18 - MC Tensei Pro White 70TX

PXG 0311X GEN2 3 - MC DC Diamana White 90X
    PXG 0311X 4 -
    MC DC Diamana White 90X
    PXG 0311T Gen2 - 5-PW - DG TI 120 X100
    Miura Tour Wedge 46 - DG TI 120 X100
    Miura Tour Wedge 52- DG Tour Issue S400
    TM Hi-Toe 56 - DG TI S400

TM Hi-Toe 60 - DG TI S400
    PXG Mustang
    GFore Snow S/Bag
  • puresurfrpuresurfr Advanced Members Posts: 1,835 ✭✭
    djhgolf wrote:

Dr.JP wrote:

erock9174 wrote:

Are you able to elaborate? I had mine built 0811x built to D2 but swings like you said really heavy like at least D8.. Which is unplayable and effects center strikes.

Thanks

The screws in the head are different weights, if you want a lighter Swingweight just replace some of the heavier weights with light ones. The light weights can be ordered from PXG direct
  • Dsevans8Dsevans8 Advanced Members Posts: 202 ✭✭
    Any updates as to when heads are supposed to ship? I know we were told some time in March....
    Dsevans8 wrote:

Any updates as to when heads are supposed to ship? I know we were told some time in March....

Call them, they'll give you an idea...
  • scottvw13scottvw13 VaporWRX!! Advanced Members Posts: 2,166 ✭✭
    I just received the email that my 0811X 9 degree driver shipped today! I guess the heads are in...
  • MarcoPXGMarcoPXG Members Posts: 28
    scottvw13 wrote:
    I just received the email that my 0811X 9 degree driver shipped today! I guess the heads are in...

Heard the same thing....not too much longer now
  • SM8SM8 Members Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Exited/Anxious to hear about your first impressions and evaluations.
  • OspreyCIOspreyCI Advanced Members Posts: 4,690 ✭✭
    snagy2000 wrote:

Dr.JP wrote:

erock9174 wrote:

Club champion's connector system adds swingweight. A lot of their fittings end with swingweight of D7 or higher. They tried to give me a LST with D7. I recently heard their owner on the radio claiming D9 was a great swingweight. Guy is nuts!

Club Champion is a complete joke. Stay away.
    TM M3 9.5 GD AD DI Black 6
    TM M2 15* Speeder 757 Evo TS
    TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
    TM M3 4 Iron Atmos
    TM P790 5-AW Modus 105
    TM MG 54*
    TM HI TOE 60*
    TM MY Spider Tour Black
  • Stinger26Stinger26 Advanced Members Posts: 200 ✭✭
    Just got mine.

Does anyone know how the loft adjustments affect face angle? PXG told me that the face angle closes as you go up in loft. But I swear, I tried both extremes and it looks like the face angle opens as you go up in loft.

Any thoughts?
    PXG 0811X GEN2 9* - Aldila Synergy Black TX (44.5")
    TaylorMade M2 Tour 15* - Kuro Kage XD 80 TX (42.75")
    Titleist 718 T-MB 3-iron [1* strong (19*)] - Project X HZRDUS Black 105g 6.5
    Miura MC-501 4-PW - Nippon Super Peening Blue X
    SM7 Raw F Grind 50 - TT DG TI S400
    SM7 Raw S Grind 55 - TT DG TI S400
    SM7 Raw M Grind 60 - TT DG TI S400
    Scotty Cameron Select 2014 Newport / Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Stealth
  • stk123stk123 Advanced Members Posts: 439 ✭✭
    edited March 7
    Stinger26 wrote:

Just got mine.

Does anyone know how the loft adjustments affect face angle? PXG told me that the face angle closes as you go up in loft. But I swear, I tried both extremes and it looks like the face angle opens as you go up in loft.

Any thoughts?

I don't know, but does it really matter. All that matters is how you grip the club. In the end, you are hovering the driver, so you can grab it however you like.

A lot of club makers adjust loft via face angle. I.e. go up in loft by closing the face. Because when you set a closed faced driver back to square face angle, you gained loft. Same thing happens if you bend the face angle open. When setting up with a square face, you will have less loft.

In the end, you want to deliver the clubface square to the ball. And best way to do that is by setting up with a square face to begin with, regardless what the face angle is when you sole the club.

Congrats on your driver. I ordered mine in January and still haven't received it. Really annoying. But I did get my new Epic Flash SZ today and that thing is a cannon.
    stk123 wrote:

Stinger26 wrote:

Just got mine.

Any thoughts?

I don't know, but does it really matter. All that matters is how you grip the club. In the end, you are hovering the driver, so you can grab it however you like.

A lot of club makers adjust loft via face angle. I.e. go up in loft by closing the face. Because when you set a closed faced driver back to square face angle, you gained loft. Same thing happens if you bend the face angle open. When setting up with a square face, you will have less loft.

In the end, you want to deliver the clubface square to the ball. And best way to do that is by setting up with a square face to begin with, regardless what the face angle is when you sole the club.

Congrats on your driver. I ordered mine in January and still haven't received it. Really annoying. But I did get my new Epic Flash SZ today and that thing is a cannon.
    I'm very confused by this. Why wouldn't it matter? If you sole the club and lay it it perpendicular to the ground. The face angle could be closed or open at the loft it's intended to be. I'm no expert but I would think that absolutely does matter. It also messes with me visually if something looks too closed. In any case, my question was actually about the function of the PXG adapter itself and how it works.
    Stinger26 wrote:

stk123 wrote:

Stinger26 wrote:

Just got mine.

Any thoughts?

I'm very confused by this. Why wouldn't it matter? If you sole the club and lay it it perpendicular to the ground. The face angle could be closed or open at the loft it's intended to be. I'm no expert but I would think that absolutely does matter. It also messes with me visually if something looks too closed. In any case, my question was actually about the function of the PXG adapter itself and how it works.

Adjustability 101...

http://www.golfalot.com/equipment-news/guide-to-adjustable-golf-clubs-2876.aspx

Also, the adapter info is in this thread back a few pages...
    snagy2000 wrote:

Stinger26 wrote:

stk123 wrote:

Stinger26 wrote:

Just got mine.

Any thoughts?

Adjustability 101...

http://www.golfalot....clubs-2876.aspx

I see. Based on what I'm reading the loft adjustment is actually a face angle adjustment. You make an adjustment by re-squaring the face and thus the loft change happens. But like I said before, I like to sole the cub naturally at a 90 degree angle and grip it - so does that mean I won't be able to do this anymore, because I have to adjust the face back to square?
  • 3wood3wood Advanced Members Posts: 376 ✭✭
    stk123 wrote:
    Stinger26 wrote:

Just got mine.

Any thoughts?

SMH
    edited March 8
    Stinger26 wrote:

snagy2000 wrote:

Stinger26 wrote:

stk123 wrote:

Stinger26 wrote:

Just got mine.

Any thoughts?

Adjustability 101...

I see. Based on what I'm reading the loft adjustment is actually a face angle adjustment. You make an adjustment by re-squaring the face and thus the loft change happens. But like I said before, I like to sole the cub naturally at a 90 degree angle and grip it - so does that mean I won't be able to do this anymore, because I have to adjust the face back to square?

Not sure how PXG and all other OEM's do it, but here is an example that will explain a little:

VJ Singh in the past wanted a small head 5 wood, but they didn't make any. So he took a 9-wood (think it was 23*) and he would bend it 7* open face angle. Then when he squared it back up, it would play at desired 18* (not sure if the math adds up here perfectly, but this is how I remember these numbers). So he was not setting the club at 7* open at address. He would just set it square at 18* loft and hit it like a 5 wood. Note, that if he did set the club at 7* open, it still retains that original 23* of loft. But if you delivered it that way to the ball, you would obviously hit a huge banana slice.

So by opening the face angle and squaring the club back, you are delofting. Vice versa when closing face angle.

I am sure that some OEM's figured out how to adjust loft without affecting face angle as much. But I am not sure who does it how, because they don't tell us anymore. Tour Edge Exotics used to always publish face angle adjustments with every loft configuration, but then they stopped doing it too as it confused people.
    snagy2000 wrote:

Stinger26 wrote:

stk123 wrote:

Stinger26 wrote:

Just got mine.

Any thoughts?

Adjustability 101...

From the article:

"If you increase the lie angle up, then this should create a fade and if you reduce it down then it should create a draw."

I am pretty sure that is incorrect. The opposite is true.
  • BirdieBobBirdieBob PXG Advanced Members Posts: 3,960 ✭✭
    edited March 8
    Stinger26 wrote:

Just got mine.

Any thoughts?

Decreasing loft will open the face angle; increasing loft will close face angle.

This is the adapter loft/lie changes

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:4885460]
    WITB....GOLF EQUIPMENT MATTERS
    PXG 0811X Gen2, 10.5* (9.5*), JDM Limited Edition 2016 Basileus AAA, 60X
    PXG 0341X Gen2, 13* (14.0*), Tensei Pro Blue, 70TX
    PXG 0341X Gen2, 18* (17.0*), Tensei Pro White, 80TX
    PXG 0317X Gen2, 19* (20.0*), Tensei Pro White HY, 100TX
    PXG 0311X Gen2, Extreme Dark, #2 DI, KBS TGI 100, X
    PXG 0311X Gen2, Extreme Dark, #4 & #5 DI, KBS TGI 110, X
    PXG 0311P Gen2, Extreme Dark, 6 - P Irons, KBS TGI 110, X
    PXG 0311T 46* Milled Sugar Daddy Extreme Dark, KBS TGI 110, X
    PXG 0311T 50* Milled Sugar Daddy Extreme Dark, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
    PXG 0311T 55* & 60* Milled Darkness Wedges, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
    Scotty Cameron Custom "Murdered Out" Select Newport M2 Putter
    PXG Limited Edition Darkness Hybrid Stand Bag
    PXG Limited Edition Darkness Umbrella
    stk123 wrote:

Not sure how PXG and all other OEM's do it, but here is an example that will explain a little:

VJ Singh in the past wanted a small head 5 wood, but they didn't make any. So he took a 9-wood (think it was 23*) and he would bend it 7* open face angle. Then when he squared it back up, it would play at desired 18* (not sure if the math adds up here perfectly, but this is how I remember these numbers). So he was not setting the club at 7* open at address. He would just set it square at 18* loft and hit it like a 5 wood. Note, that if he did set the club at 7* open, it still retains that original 23* of loft. But if you delivered it that way to the ball, you would obviously hit a huge banana slice.

So by opening the face angle and squaring the club back, you are delofting. Vice versa when closing face angle.

I am sure that some OEM's figured out how to adjust loft without affecting face angle as much. But I am not sure who does it how, because they don't tell us anymore. Tour Edge Exotics used to always publish face angle adjustments with every loft configuration, but then they stopped doing it too as it confused people.
    Thank you, that's actually the most helpful explanation i got so far.
  • KevinnzKevinnz Advanced Members Posts: 142
    Stinger26 wrote:

stk123 wrote:

Stinger26 wrote:

Just got mine.

Any thoughts?

It surely does matter. Seems pxg’s adaptor is similar to taylormade’s where delofting also opens the face. You are probably confused with the face angle vs how much face you can see at address.
  • LionGolferLionGolfer Advanced Members Posts: 1,282 ✭✭
    Kevinnz wrote:

Stinger26 wrote:

stk123 wrote:

Stinger26 wrote:

Just got mine.

Any thoughts?

It surely does matter. Seems pxg’s adaptor is similar to taylormade’s where delofting also opens the face. You are probably confused with the face angle vs how much face you can see at address.

Yes, my 0317 17 sits a lot more open now when delofted to 15.5.
    Drivers : Crazy435COAAngel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriCrazy9Dia-ProceedIXCOABurningAngel
    UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG 317
    Irons : GrindStudioProto-ModartCBC-PXG311T-RoddioMeisterM
    Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-Orion
    Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Kitada-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-Xenon
  • cferguson5cferguson5 Boomer Sooner Advanced Members Posts: 138 ✭✭
    Just a follow up from a previous post... I got my driver in today and it does in fact have the handcrafted version of the HZRDUS shaft. Can’t wait to get out on the course tomorrow morning. I ordered the XF 9 and it took exactly two weeks for delivery.
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]PXG 0811XF 9 hzrdus yellow 65g 6.0[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue 3 wood 15* Evenflow blue 75g 6.0[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Mizuno MP18 MMC 4-pw[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 50* 08 Vokey SM5[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 53* 08 Vokey SM6 F [/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 58* 08 Vokey SM5 M[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Kari Lajosi DD201[/font]
    cferguson5 wrote:

Just a follow up from a previous post... I got my driver in today and it does in fact have the handcrafted version of the HZRDUS shaft. Can’t wait to get out on the course tomorrow morning. I ordered the XF 9 and it took exactly two weeks for delivery.

You will be very surprised in a good way! I love this beast
  • BirdieBobBirdieBob PXG Advanced Members Posts: 3,960 ✭✭
    edited March 12
    Good report on the fairway...

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1754916-Best-Fairway-Woods-of-2019#entry18776038

Back to puresurfr post...#11.......

"I buy every club made and they all are pretty good but I was really surprised by the PXG Gen2, it is the first fairway wood which has a chance of upending my Adams XTD.....It is the only club in my bag that has not been replaced.....ive changed irons about 30 times at least and drivers, a minimum of 40X and if you count shaft changes, a lot more than that.  The PXG is small headed which I like but the entire face is forgiving and the spin is super too low, in fact its probably too low for good golfers to employ but for me it just gives me tremendous distance !"
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    WITB....GOLF EQUIPMENT MATTERS
    PXG 0811X Gen2, 10.5* (9.5*), JDM Limited Edition 2016 Basileus AAA, 60X
    PXG 0341X Gen2, 13* (14.0*), Tensei Pro Blue, 70TX
    PXG 0341X Gen2, 18* (17.0*), Tensei Pro White, 80TX
    PXG 0317X Gen2, 19* (20.0*), Tensei Pro White HY, 100TX
    PXG 0311X Gen2, Extreme Dark, #2 DI, KBS TGI 100, X
    PXG 0311X Gen2, Extreme Dark, #4 & #5 DI, KBS TGI 110, X
    PXG 0311P Gen2, Extreme Dark, 6 - P Irons, KBS TGI 110, X
    PXG 0311T 46* Milled Sugar Daddy Extreme Dark, KBS TGI 110, X
    PXG 0311T 50* Milled Sugar Daddy Extreme Dark, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
    PXG 0311T 55* & 60* Milled Darkness Wedges, KBS Custom Wedge Matte Black, 120S
    Scotty Cameron Custom "Murdered Out" Select Newport M2 Putter
    PXG Limited Edition Darkness Hybrid Stand Bag
    PXG Limited Edition Darkness Umbrella
    Meant to post this here as well, my brief review of the Gen 2 fairway and 2019 Aldila tour blue - again I think the fairways and hybrids are really the stars of this release and are better or at least as good as anything else out there:

So finally got to hit the Blue 70TX in my 3 wood tonight on a monitor (albeit not my usual trackman but a highly questionable monitor at a local bar). Anyway, I was really loving the feel of this. I compared it directly to a Tensei Pro Blue in the same session and can say I liked the feel and control of this much better. See some data below, all of these shots were off the deck off of mats (and again with a highly suspect monitor) so take it with a grain of salt. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a fairway shaft and happy to answer any other questions anyone has. My only slightly negative comment is that the butt section seems rather thin, so I may add an extra wrap or two when I regrip to get it feeling closer to my other clubs. I will try and post another update when I get back on Trackman. But overall, love the shaft and it is going straight in the bag for 2019, will seriously have to consider trying a green 60TX in the driver as well.

2019 Aldila Tour Blue 70TX, Playing 42.5" in a PXG 0341X GEN2 @ 16.5*, untipped, D7 swingweight:

Total Distance: 235-250 yards

Carry: 225-235 yards

Ball Speed: 135-145 mph

Club Speed: 100-107 mph

Launch: 11-14 degrees

Smash: 1.3-1.4

Apex: 23-26 yards

2019 Titleist Pro V1
    Golf Pride MCC Plus4
    Sun Mountain C130S
  • whiteretrowhiteretro Advanced Members Posts: 263 ✭✭
    Looking for 0811 XF field reports and launch monitor data

How does the 0811 XF compare to Ping G400Max?
  • CAJ4AUCAJ4AU Don't Drink and BST ...or eBay either! Advanced Members Posts: 1,820 ✭✭
    whiteretro wrote:

I know it is not the max, but I will soon be reporting back with a comparison to LST
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]PXG 0811XF Gen2 Elements Chrome 6F5T[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]PXG 0341X Gen2 15* HZRDUS Yellow 6.5[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]PXG 0317 18* Evenflow Blue 85Hyb 6.5[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]PXG 0311X 4 KBS Tour Hyb Proto [/font][/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]PXG 0311X 5 KBS Tour Hyb Proto[/font][/font][/font]
    PXG 0311P 6-PW PX LZ 6.0[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey Wedge Works SM6 Black 50.8, Satin TVD 54K, Wedge Works Raw 60K DG Spinners,
    PXG "Murdered Out" Brandon[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]2019 Hoofer Lite[/font]
    CAJ4AU wrote:

whiteretro wrote:

I know it is not the max, but I will soon be reporting back with a comparison to LST

For me personally the XF has a much more penetrating flight than I was getting with my Max. My max launched the ball extremely high, even when I had low launch shaft in it. The XF feels every bit as forgiving as the max but spins way less, especially on low and heel strikes. Also, my max had an extremely loud obnoxious sound and the XF sounds like a wooden bat. The gmax was a great club but I am definitely happy I made the switch
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Callaway Rogue 3 wood 15* Evenflow blue 75g 6.0[/font]
  • LowAndLeft32LowAndLeft32 Members Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Does it make any sense to just use PXGs club and shaft selector for driver and fairway wood instead of getting custom fit? I ask since its going to be 3 weeks before a good club fitter in my area is available which will add to the already long delivery time. Also the price tag is already hi for me at $575 before the custom fitter fee is added in. Thanks.
  • mgasparibcmgasparibc Advanced Members Posts: 158 ✭✭
    edited March 13

Does it make any sense to just use PXGs club and shaft selector for driver and fairway wood instead of getting custom fit? I ask since its going to be 3 weeks before a good club fitter in my area is available which will add to the already long delivery time. Also the price tag is already hi for me at $575 before the custom fitter fee is added in. Thanks.

Go on PXG website and sign up to be custom fit, someone will reach out to you very fast and its free.

They are all over the USA and from what ive heard, its a very thorough process without the pressure of purchasing.

However, seeing that it is a free service, it would entice me more to purchase the club right after fitting as id feel guilty lol.

If you buy the driver, it doesn't cost anything to get fit. I think it is well worth it to get fit. They hook you up to a trackman outdoors and spend a great deal of time to get the exact fit. It is such a fun process I think it would be worth the wait IMO.

The online fitting actually got the right shaft that I ended up buying, however it fit me into the X head. During the actual fitting, we decided that the XF was the better option for me.