New PXG prototype driver

1356739

Comments

  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,342 ✭✭
    Any idea on a release date?
  • MarkFromTheUKMarkFromTheUK Members Posts: 4,639 ✭✭


    Any idea on a release date?




    There isn’t one.
    PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
    PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
    PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
    PXG Operator H - 34.5”
    Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
    PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
    Bridgestone Tour B X

    KaBoom Baby!
  • snagy2000snagy2000 Members Posts: 1,530 ✭✭
    Tava woods wrote:


    House Fly technology LMAO . I've owned PXG equipment and I felt like a golf poser with it in my bag . I have a couple of friends that play to scratch with equipment that can be found for pennies on the dollar ( 1st gen ap2's and Ping i15 driver etc). It makes it hard to even consider these clubs I can't imagine getting beat and hearing the smack talk " you should have spent that money on lesson's etc" Love gear that's why I'm here. Best of Luck to PXG !!! Hey maybe I can get this driver with my brother Hero program discount ....




    Sounds like a self esteem problem and not really a PXG issue...Who cares what others think....SMH!
  • ssfrannyssfranny Lefty Boomers Posts: 2,573 ✭✭
    Tava woods wrote:


    House Fly technology LMAO . I've owned PXG equipment and I felt like a golf poser with it in my bag . I have a couple of friends that play to scratch with equipment that can be found for pennies on the dollar ( 1st gen ap2's and Ping i15 driver etc). It makes it hard to even consider these clubs I can't imagine getting beat and hearing the smack talk " you should have spent that money on lesson's etc" Love gear that's why I'm here. Best of Luck to PXG !!! Hey maybe I can get this driver with my brother Hero program discount ....




    No different than someone that plays a whole bag of Titleist or Callaway. I think anyone who plays all Titleist including a bag is a poser frankly. Used to have a buddy that did that he just thought made him look like a "player".
  • Golfer4LifeGolfer4Life Bob Parsons Bodyguard, Chump! ClubWRX Posts: 2,152
    ssfranny wrote:

    Tava woods wrote:


    House Fly technology LMAO . I've owned PXG equipment and I felt like a golf poser with it in my bag . I have a couple of friends that play to scratch with equipment that can be found for pennies on the dollar ( 1st gen ap2's and Ping i15 driver etc). It makes it hard to even consider these clubs I can't imagine getting beat and hearing the smack talk " you should have spent that money on lesson's etc" Love gear that's why I'm here. Best of Luck to PXG !!! Hey maybe I can get this driver with my brother Hero program discount ....




    No different than someone that plays a whole bag of Titleist or Callaway. I think anyone who plays all Titleist including a bag is a poser frankly. Used to have a buddy that did that he just thought made him look like a "player".




    But at the end of the day, did your buddy really cared about what others thought?



    I guess I don't care what others do.

    If they are happy, so be it.
    PXG Derangement Syndrome, it is real.......<br /><br />Equipment:<br /><br />A bag full of PXG’s<br />Non Titleist Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009<br /><br />“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”
  • NokeNoke Posts: 2,082 ✭✭
    SPARKP wrote:




    I love the muted sound and feel of the current PXG driver.




    Funny isn’t it. People on here crave holtmelted heads so they sound like the muted drivers you see on tv, then because PXG is the brand that decides to release one that fits the bill, people complain. I bet if TM, Ping or Callaway released a driver that sounded muted like a PXG they’d go crazy for it. I guess PXG can’t win whatever they do in the eyes of some folk.








    Boy that's an understatement. Anytime the magic 3 letters "PXG" come out so do all the haters.




    It’s not rocket brain science surgery why they do. When your owner claims that your equipment is the best in the world, bar none, and the performance doesn’t match that claim in an objective way, then you’re going to get ridiculed. Never mind the price aspect.



    This thread has been relatively calm with the hate. Glad I could do my part, lol. Even though I don’t hate ‘em...
  • SEP1006SEP1006 Pearland, Tx.ClubWRX Posts: 848 ClubWRX
    nohny noke wrote:

    SPARKP wrote:




    I love the muted sound and feel of the current PXG driver.




    Funny isn't it. People on here crave holtmelted heads so they sound like the muted drivers you see on tv, then because PXG is the brand that decides to release one that fits the bill, people complain. I bet if TM, Ping or Callaway released a driver that sounded muted like a PXG they'd go crazy for it. I guess PXG can't win whatever they do in the eyes of some folk.








    Boy that's an understatement. Anytime the magic 3 letters "PXG" come out so do all the haters.




    It's not rocket brain science surgery why they do. When your owner claims that your equipment is the best in the world, bar none, and the performance doesn't match that claim in an objective way, then you're going to get ridiculed. Never mind the price aspect.



    This thread has been relatively calm with the hate. Glad I could do my part, lol. Even though I don't hate 'em...








    Thanks for posting, perfect example.

    COBRA F9 Speedback 10.5*| UST Helium F3
    COBRA F9 Speedback 3wd | Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 6R
    ADAMS PRO A12 - 2 & 3 Hybrids | UST Mamiya VTS Silver
    PXG GEN-2 0311XF 4 - 6 irons | Accra Tour 100i Graphite Stiff 
    PXG GEN-2 0311P 7 - GW irons | Accra Tour 100i Graphite Stiff 
    PING GLIDE STEALTH 2.0 SW 54* - 12 | Wedge Flex
    PING GLIDE STEALTH 2.0 LW 58* - 6 | Wedge Flex
    PXG GUNBOAT H Putter
    PXG STAFF BAG


  • Golfer4LifeGolfer4Life Bob Parsons Bodyguard, Chump! ClubWRX Posts: 2,152
    nohny noke wrote:

    SPARKP wrote:




    I love the muted sound and feel of the current PXG driver.




    Funny isn’t it. People on here crave holtmelted heads so they sound like the muted drivers you see on tv, then because PXG is the brand that decides to release one that fits the bill, people complain. I bet if TM, Ping or Callaway released a driver that sounded muted like a PXG they’d go crazy for it. I guess PXG can’t win whatever they do in the eyes of some folk.








    Boy that's an understatement. Anytime the magic 3 letters "PXG" come out so do all the haters.




    It’s not rocket brain science surgery why they do. When your owner claims that your equipment is the best in the world, bar none, and the performance doesn’t match that claim in an objective way, then you’re going to get ridiculed. Never mind the price aspect.



    This thread has been relatively calm with the hate. Glad I could do my part, lol. Even though I don’t hate ‘em...




    You claim the performance doesn’t match, but you fail to produce anything to prove your claim. Oh boy!
    PXG Derangement Syndrome, it is real.......<br /><br />Equipment:<br /><br />A bag full of PXG’s<br />Non Titleist Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009<br /><br />“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”
  • PALS-SSAPALS-SSA Posts: 279 ✭✭
    SPARKP wrote:




    I love the muted sound and feel of the current PXG driver.




    Funny isn’t it. People on here crave holtmelted heads so they sound like the muted drivers you see on tv, then because PXG is the brand that decides to release one that fits the bill, people complain. I bet if TM, Ping or Callaway released a driver that sounded muted like a PXG they’d go crazy for it. I guess PXG can’t win whatever they do in the eyes of some folk.








    Boy that's an understatement. Anytime the magic 3 letters "PXG" come out so do all the haters.




    That statement is completely untrue if you ask the Tyson Lamb fanboys. They'll tell you nobody has hated more than they are. Nobody.



    Of course, that's if you can hear them over the crying of the Cameron fanboys saying how much vitriol and venom gets spewed their way.



    If you can't take criticism of your clubs, the problem isn't the "haters." It's you.
  • Golfer4LifeGolfer4Life Bob Parsons Bodyguard, Chump! ClubWRX Posts: 2,152
    PALS-SSA wrote:

    SPARKP wrote:




    I love the muted sound and feel of the current PXG driver.




    Funny isn’t it. People on here crave holtmelted heads so they sound like the muted drivers you see on tv, then because PXG is the brand that decides to release one that fits the bill, people complain. I bet if TM, Ping or Callaway released a driver that sounded muted like a PXG they’d go crazy for it. I guess PXG can’t win whatever they do in the eyes of some folk.








    Boy that's an understatement. Anytime the magic 3 letters "PXG" come out so do all the haters.




    That statement is completely untrue if you ask the Tyson Lamb fanboys. They'll tell you nobody has hated more than they are. Nobody.



    Of course, that's if you can hear them over the crying of the Cameron fanboys saying how much vitriol and venom gets spewed their way.



    If you can't take criticism of your clubs, the problem isn't the "haters." It's you.




    I still live in reality world, so if you want to share criticism that’s fine, but without facts or evidence criticism is meaningless to me. And that goes for everything in life, not just golf.
    PXG Derangement Syndrome, it is real.......<br /><br />Equipment:<br /><br />A bag full of PXG’s<br />Non Titleist Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009<br /><br />“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”
  • jdm22jdm22 Members Posts: 10
    Ryan Moore finished 2nd and Pat Perez 5th last week with it.
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,342 ✭✭
    jdm22 wrote:


    Ryan Moore finished 2nd and Pat Perez 5th last week with it.




    Rymo is playing extremely well with this driver. Very intrigued...
  • kylesilkkylesilk PXG & Yeti Members Posts: 629 ✭✭
    Need more info on it. Anybody know anything?
    915 D3 Diamana D+ 70S
    913f , 913h
    712u 4 iron Pro Modus 120 S
    714 CB 5,6,7...714 MB 8-P ProModus 120S
    Vokey TVD 52,60 M..TVD 56K
    Studio Select Newport 1.5
  • DLBTide7DLBTide7 Birmingham, ALMembers Posts: 90 ✭✭


    Any idea on a release date?




    Any idea on a release date?


    Release date is looking to be December/January
    PXG Gen2 XF Driver
    PXG Gen2 X 3 metal
    PXG Gen2 17 degree hybrid
    PXG Gen2 XF Irons, 4-Gap
    PXG milled wedges, 56 and 60
    PXG Mustang putter
  • FairwayFredFairwayFred Sponsors Posts: 3,975 ✭✭

    jdm22 wrote:


    Ryan Moore finished 2nd and Pat Perez 5th last week with it.




    Rymo is playing extremely well with this driver. Very intrigued...




    He is absolutely killing it compared to past years. Would be nice to see him win again.
    FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
    Ari Techner
    National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
    [email protected]
    IG: @nationalcustom
    Twitter: @WorksNational
    (still a huge club HO)
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,342 ✭✭


    jdm22 wrote:


    Ryan Moore finished 2nd and Pat Perez 5th last week with it.




    Rymo is playing extremely well with this driver. Very intrigued...




    He is absolutely killing it compared to past years. Would be nice to see him win again.




    Agreed! Would love to see him win again!

    DLBTide7 wrote:



    Any idea on a release date?





    Any idea on a release date?




    Release date is looking to be December/January




    Thanks for the info!
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,232 ClubWRX
    PXG threads always deliver.....
    F9 9* Atmos Black TS7
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 75
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 75
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • rbj69rbj69 Members Posts: 671 ✭✭
    I got last year's irons and loved them but they were my buddies and he had them setup for his swing, I hit the driver and thought it was awesome but at the time my gamer was on the lol I can't wait to hit this driver coming out
    Taylormade M16 with Tensei Orange shaft
    Taylormade 3 wd with tensei orange shaft
    Callaway Rogue 3hybrid with aldila synergy shaft
    4-pw Srixon Z785/Zforged combo with px lz shafts
    Taylormade 50 tour grind wedge
    Taylormade 56 Hi-Toe wedge
    Evnroll 1.2 Blacked out
    Cleveland Huntington Soft 11 CS blacked out
    Balls 19'Srixon Zstar xv and Zstar and others
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,342 ✭✭
    DLBTide7 wrote:



    Any idea on a release date?





    Any idea on a release date?




    Release date is looking to be December/January




    Any idea on if there will be new fwys and hybrids too?
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members Posts: 3,069 ✭✭
    I assume this will be PXGs take on the Ping 410 series? At three times the price for the exact same performance?
  • MarkFromTheUKMarkFromTheUK Members Posts: 4,639 ✭✭
    elwhippy wrote:


    I assume this will be PXGs take on the Ping 410 series? At three times the price for the exact same performance?




    Check your facts. It’s actually 2.75x the price. A bargain if ever there was one.
    PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
    PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
    PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
    PXG Operator H - 34.5”
    Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
    PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
    Bridgestone Tour B X

    KaBoom Baby!
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,161 ✭✭

    elwhippy wrote:


    I assume this will be PXGs take on the Ping 410 series? At three times the price for the exact same performance?




    Check your facts. It’s actually 2.75x the price. A bargain if ever there was one.




    image/rofl.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rofl:' /> image/rofl.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rofl:' />
    Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

    Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Mizuno MP59's 5-PW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

    Snell MTB Black
  • Golfer4LifeGolfer4Life Bob Parsons Bodyguard, Chump! ClubWRX Posts: 2,152
    edited Nov 16, 2018 #84
    elwhippy wrote:


    I assume this will be PXGs take on the Ping 410 series? At three times the price for the exact same performance?




    Since it seems you are not going to buy it.....Exactly! Lol..



    Have you tried any PXG drivers?
    PXG Derangement Syndrome, it is real.......<br /><br />Equipment:<br /><br />A bag full of PXG’s<br />Non Titleist Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009<br /><br />“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”
  • DLBTide7DLBTide7 Birmingham, ALMembers Posts: 90 ✭✭

    DLBTide7 wrote:



    Any idea on a release date?





    Any idea on a release date?




    Release date is looking to be December/January




    Any idea on if there will be new fwys and hybrids too?
    PXG Gen2 XF Driver
    PXG Gen2 X 3 metal
    PXG Gen2 17 degree hybrid
    PXG Gen2 XF Irons, 4-Gap
    PXG milled wedges, 56 and 60
    PXG Mustang putter
  • zeke66zeke66 Posts: 188
    Very excited for this. Really like the current X. They hot melted mine. It’s a very good driver. Love the look at address. The performance seems to match up with everything else but maybe a touch more forgiving. I’ve got this with tensei orange 60 tx tipped one inch, melted to D7. Sounds like a solid block of wood. Any one else like PXG drivers?
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,342 ✭✭
    Buzzkill wrote:


    Cool ball marker:







    What does the #26 represent?
  • BuzzkillBuzzkill Marshals Posts: 6,693 mod
    edited Nov 29, 2018 #89

    Buzzkill wrote:


    Cool ball marker:







    What does the #26 represent?




    Ball marker description on PXG site below:



    Designers Notes:

    Don't just mark your ball; make a statement. The Darkness Ball Marker features a milled skull insignia and the number 26, representing the 26th Marine Corps Regiment that PXG founder Bob Parsons served with during the Vietnam War.
    • Weight: 13.1 grams
    • Dimensions: 37.7mm x 30.7mm x 2.8mm
    • Zinc-Aluminum with black chrome finish
  • NokeNoke Posts: 2,082 ✭✭

    nohny noke wrote:

    SPARKP wrote:




    I love the muted sound and feel of the current PXG driver.




    Funny isn’t it. People on here crave holtmelted heads so they sound like the muted drivers you see on tv, then because PXG is the brand that decides to release one that fits the bill, people complain. I bet if TM, Ping or Callaway released a driver that sounded muted like a PXG they’d go crazy for it. I guess PXG can’t win whatever they do in the eyes of some folk.








    Boy that's an understatement. Anytime the magic 3 letters "PXG" come out so do all the haters.




    It’s not rocket brain science surgery why they do. When your owner claims that your equipment is the best in the world, bar none, and the performance doesn’t match that claim in an objective way, then you’re going to get ridiculed. Never mind the price aspect.



    This thread has been relatively calm with the hate. Glad I could do my part, lol. Even though I don’t hate ‘em...




    You claim the performance doesn’t match, but you fail to produce anything to prove your claim. Oh boy!




    How did I miss these replies?!?



    What kind of evidence would satisfy you that PXG clubs are the absolute best in the world?



    I can’t think of anything that would suffice, as golf equipment is so subjective. An optimal fit for one player may not be best for another. What is the criteria for the best club on the planet?



    It’s an unanswerable question and a silly proposition by a savvy businessman.



  • NokeNoke Posts: 2,082 ✭✭

    PALS-SSA wrote:

    SPARKP wrote:




    I love the muted sound and feel of the current PXG driver.




    Funny isn’t it. People on here crave holtmelted heads so they sound like the muted drivers you see on tv, then because PXG is the brand that decides to release one that fits the bill, people complain. I bet if TM, Ping or Callaway released a driver that sounded muted like a PXG they’d go crazy for it. I guess PXG can’t win whatever they do in the eyes of some folk.








    Boy that's an understatement. Anytime the magic 3 letters "PXG" come out so do all the haters.




    That statement is completely untrue if you ask the Tyson Lamb fanboys. They'll tell you nobody has hated more than they are. Nobody.



    Of course, that's if you can hear them over the crying of the Cameron fanboys saying how much vitriol and venom gets spewed their way.



    If you can't take criticism of your clubs, the problem isn't the "haters." It's you.




    I still live in reality world, so if you want to share criticism that’s fine, but without facts or evidence criticism is meaningless to me. And that goes for everything in life, not just golf.




    Why respond if these ‘hateful’ criticisms are meaningless to you?



    What kind of facts are you looking for that would qualify one's opinion about PXG as constructive rather than ‘hater-y’?
Sign In or Register to comment.