Palm Springs vs. Scottsdale Vacation 2019

We just plan our next vacation for late Sep. 2019.

As i‘m very familiar to Palm Springs, i thought about something else.

Any opinions on what is better?

I like to live direct or nearby a course.

If there is a means league, perfect.

thx

Comments

• vallygolfvallygolf Members Posts: 408 ✭✭
    Scottsdale area has better golf by a slim margin IMO. Scottsdale has access to much better entertainment/night life. Scottsdale has easier travel. Palm springs is less busy and more laid back. My opinion Scottsdale is a superior experience, but for golf, similar to Palm Springs.
  • e-mane-man Members Posts: 2,055 ✭✭
    We just debated this exact decision this past May for a trip to celebrate our 50th birthdays. We decided on Palm Desert because that's where we went for our 40th. It was fine. We rented a house and played Silverrock (meh), desert willow (excellent), classic club (great) and Indian wells (meh). In fairness, IW is a cool resort but we prefer desert style courses.

For that reason alone, if and when we go again, we will be going to Phoenix. We much prefer troon, gray hawk and wekopa to the palm spring style courses.
  • DrSchteeveDrSchteeve Members Posts: 3,392 ✭✭
    Can't speak to the golf, but Palm Springs closes down at 10 pm any nite and Scottsdale just gets going then.
    Callaway Epic Driver Matrix Red Tie 65Q4
    Callaway Epic 3+ wood Matrix Red Tie 65Q4
    Titleist 818 H1 18* and 21* Tensei Blue
    Titleist 818 H1 25* and 27* Tensei Red
    Titleist 818 AP1 7-SW Tensei Red
    Vokey SM4 58* M Kuro Kage
    TM Spider Tour
    OUUL stand bag
    Titleist Velocity
  • kpoage24kpoage24 plumb bob Members Posts: 9
    What about in terms of price for golf? I’m familiar with ps...is it about the same? Deciding between the two for a trip around March or April
  • puttnforthe8puttnforthe8 Members Posts: 2,797 ✭✭

We just plan our next vacation for late Sep. 2019.

As i'm very familiar to Palm Springs, i thought about something else.

Any opinions on what is better?

I like to live direct or nearby a course.

If there is a means league, perfect.

thx

Note: Late Sept is a bad time to come here. It is overseed and many courses are closed or closing. The ones open will be cart path only and the worst conditions of the year. I would imagine PS is similar.

Consider early Sept instead or wait until Dec.

Golf prices are very similar for the better courses. Palm Springs nightlife has gotten better, but no comparison to AZ. Variety of golf is better in AZ imo.

Not sure about the mens league request, but there are a couple....but guests pay more and it is not worth playing.
  • chill122292chill122292 Members Posts: 118
    Anyone know how I can get a group of former collegiate golfers out to Scottsdale National (and especially the Bad Little Nine)? We'll be out there in February. As easy as sending the pro shop an email?
    10.5* SLDR Diamana Whiteboard 73x
    15* Titleist 910 Fd Diamana 83x
    20* Srixon U45 TI X100
    4-PW Srixon z945/745 combo TI X100
    Cleveland RTX-3 Raw 50, 54, 58
    Scotty Cameron Golo 5
  • HercNavHercNav Members Posts: 149 ✭✭

Anyone know how I can get a group of former collegiate golfers out to Scottsdale National (and especially the Bad Little Nine)? We'll be out there in February. As easy as sending the pro shop an email?

Lol