Garmin Z80 problems

The range finder shuts down occasionally, anyone have this problem?

Also, the laser doesn't seem to catch the pin distance correctly....

80% of the time its the same as my bushnell but 20% of the time its off...

Comments

• gc444gc444 Lefty Boomers Posts: 404 ✭✭
    I have not had the distance problem (unless I hit the trees behind the hole) but I had the issue during my first round where it shut off 3 times. I updated the software to the latest version and all I had to do is press the range button to wake it up a couple times the last round of golf I played. However it woke up quickly.
  • jurnazajurnaza Santa Clarita, CAClubWRX Posts: 15 ✭✭

The range finder shuts down occasionally, anyone have this problem?

Also, the laser doesn't seem to catch the pin distance correctly....

80% of the time its the same as my bushnell but 20% of the time its off...

Yes, same problems... however if it just goes to sleep it wakes up quickly. But if I don't use it for a couple holes it has completely shutdown on me and needed to go through the complete bootup. I also find that the flag finder is not the greatest, but a quick glance at the green front/back distances let's me know if I didn't get the flag accurately.
    Driver: TaylorMade M6 9.0° TENSEI CK Pro White 60g TX D6 44.5" Tipped 1.0"
    Driving Iron: TaylorMade P790 UDI 17° TENSEI CK Pro White 100g TX D4 40.5" Tipped 0.5"
    Irons: TaylorMade P790 3 19.5°, TaylorMade P760 4-9 Project X 125g 6.5 D3
    Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 46°, 50°, 54°, 58° Project X 125g 6.5 D3, D3, D5, D5
    Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour Black BGT Stability Shaft SuperStroke Flatso 3.0 375g + 75g Counter Weight 32"
    Ball: TaylorMade 2019 TP5x

taylormadegif
  • its too bad they haven't fixed these problems yet, tons of review back in June/July were having the same problems as posted above
    WITB
    Epic Sub Zero 9 degree GD AD DI6x
    M2 15 degree GD AD DI7x
    Baffler F6 18 degree GD AD DI7x
    718 T-MB 3 iron GD AD DI 95x
    718 T-MB 4 iron DG TI black onyx X100
    718 AP2 5-9 DG TI black onyx X100
    SM6 46F Raw 52.08F 59.08M
    SC Studio Select Newport 2 mid-slant w/flatso 1.0
  • Invisible-zInvisible-z Posts: 91 ✭✭
    I feel like Ive been conned into getting this very expensive piece of equipment.

I can't trust it to the exact yardage... isn't that the whole point of getting a range finder in the first place?
  • SoCalTitleistSoCalTitleist Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭
    Any updates on the accuracy and bugs?