Golf's new villain

13»

Comments

• playar32playar32 Posts: 272 ✭✭
    Reed is somewhat of an amalgamation of all the parts of a person that crowds normally don't take to.

For example (player=unlikable trait/likable trait)

Beef= somewhat out of shape, doesn't have a leading men look/embraces his goofyness, is fun

Tiger= intense, sometimes mean/GOAT, wins a lot

Sergio= ran his mouth a lot/had some big wins, laughed some stuff off

Reed doesn't have the look, is a little too intense, runs his mouth, but also doesn't seem fun, win enough or laugh things off. Plus, he has somewhat shameful history between college and his family. Also, his wife doesn't help at all.
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 26,092 ✭✭
    If you want to see him win more

Just keep rooting against him ; )

"When I step up here, I was going in with a Sunday lead, listening to all the analysts this morning when I was watching golf, and every single one of them picked Rory besides [analyst] Notah [Begay]," said Reed. "Thanks, Notah. Appreciate it. You're my boy.

"It's just kind of one of those things that seemed like the pressure at that point was kind of lifted off. No one expects me to go out and win. Seemed like everyone else was saying how great I was playing all week, how very impressed they were, but come Saturday night and Sunday morning, they are like, 'Oh, well, even though we said all these great things about how he's playing, we think Rory's going to win.'"

"I walked up to the first tee and had a really welcoming cheer from the fans," said Reed. "But then when Rory walked up to the tee, you know, his cheer was a little louder. That's another thing that just kind of played into my hand. Not only did it fuel my fire a little bit, but also, it just takes the pressure off of me and adds it back to him.

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/masters-2018-crowd-against-him-villainous-patrick-reed-stands-tall-at-augusta-national/
  • Nixhex524Nixhex524 ClubWRX Posts: 3,958 ClubWRX
    I'm sure Bubba is loving this thread....
    Ping G400 9* Proforce V2 66s
    Taylormade M2 15* Proforce V2 66s
    Titleist 816 H1 19*  Fujikura Motore 8.8 TS
    Srixon Z745 4-P PX 5.5 Flighted
    Titleist SM5 50/56
    Odyssey PT2
    Srixon Z Star XV
  • Bingo1976Bingo1976 Posts: 2,493 ClubWRX
    Nixhex524 wrote:

I'm sure Bubba is loving this thread....

With Bubba you get the feeling that it's some underlying personality disorders which he is struggling with. Reed is just a grade A scumbag.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Matrix Ozik R[/font]
    [font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]HiRev[/font]
    [font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/font]
  • ray9898ray9898 Posts: 749 ✭✭
    There is no comparison between Jack and Reed.....one was a rival to the games great at that time....the other is simply an a-hole.
  • golfheaven69golfheaven69 Members Posts: 1,135
    So the tour is full of HUGE ego’s? Who knew...
  • sdandreasdandrea Steve Members Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    I have a feeling Reed's wife and Mother-in-law watch soap operas and reality shows..............a lot.
    Cobra Max 10.5*
    The Perfect Club 21*
    Cobra Baffler 5h
    PING Eye 2 6-SW
    Scotty Fastback
13»