Ping Sigma2 Putters

Comments

• Kenny Lee PuckettKenny Lee Puckett Members Posts: 3,460 ✭✭

I’m hoping these have a better feel than the original sigma line.
    yes, they do image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> .
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]PING G LST: Ping Tour 80
    PING Anser 4wd: Accra S380 RT
    PXG 0317: Fujikura Rombax 8D07HB
    PING i500 4 iron: D.G. 120
    PING S55 5-PW: D.G. Tour Issue
    PING Glide 2.0 50/54/58: D.G. Tour Issue
    PING Darby F Ti Pixel: SS 2.0 Mid
    PING: Sensor Glove, Ping 703 Cord grips
    PING: Hoofer Bag
    TaylorMade: TP5 & TP5x ball

WITB photos: [/font]
    http://www.golfwrx.c...uckett-witb-19/
  • ttm27ttm27 Members Posts: 1,012 ✭✭
    Valor looks like the old Rife Deep Blue
  • MinaretsMinarets Members Posts: 3,945 ✭✭
    The fetch works pretty cool. Saw one from the Ping rep. Weird to see a mallet that fits down inside the hole and it grabs the ball. Cool idea.
    Driver: Adams 9064LS 9.5*
    Irons: Ping I-20 4-W
    Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue Mid 16*, 19*
    Wedges: Scratch 8620 53*, 58*
    Putter: SeeMore mFGP
    Bag: SM Four5 / Ball: Srixon ZStar XV
  • JMH1220JMH1220 Members Posts: 654 ✭✭
    Are these the putters with the adjustable shaft?
  • GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic Members Posts: 3,068 ✭✭
    bopper53 wrote:

I just don't understand why Ping dosent release a centershafted Tyne, it would fly on the shelves.

Because cs putters don’t sell. Simple as that. I use a 5S and love the center-shaft, but they seem to be a lot more popular in Asia.
    Cobra F9 Tour Length
    TM M2 DF 16.5° 
    Irons TBD
    Cobra King Pur 54°/ Vokey Proto 60°
    TW Ardmore
  • nova6868nova6868 Members Posts: 4,693 ✭✭
    Minarets wrote:

The fetch works pretty cool. Saw one from the Ping rep. Weird to see a mallet that fits down inside the hole and it grabs the ball. Cool idea.

Definitely a cool idea, and the head even looks decent at address. Lots of alignment features. The only thing I'm unsure about is making it face-balanced, seems like that's a shrinking market currently.

• MinaretsMinarets Members Posts: 3,945 ✭✭
    nova6868 wrote:
    Minarets wrote:

Definitely a cool idea, and the head even looks decent at address. Lots of alignment features. The only thing I'm unsure about is making it face-balanced, seems like that's a shrinking market currently.

I’m pretty sure it was with very slight toe hang.
    Driver: Adams 9064LS 9.5*
    Irons: Ping I-20 4-W
    Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue Mid 16*, 19*
    Wedges: Scratch 8620 53*, 58*
    Putter: SeeMore mFGP
    Bag: SM Four5 / Ball: Srixon ZStar XV
  • chip75chip75 Members Posts: 555 ✭✭
    creecool wrote:

Not liking the blue too much...

USMgolfer1 wrote:

What's the deal with the blue at the bottom?!

It reminds me of a line of Mizuno putters from a few years back, if I remember the rubbery sole used to snag in the grass as it was quite "sticky". Hopefully these aren't the same!
  • WVPWVP Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
    Probably a long shot but I hope these come with the option for a slightly longer grip, like 13”. Combined with the adjustable shaft that would provide a lot of options for gripping at a comfortable height.

That was one long “that’s what she said” post....
    Callaway BB Fusion – 9°
    Tour Edge CB5 – 16.5°
    Mizuno JPX 825 – 22°
    PING G30 – 5-UW
    Cleveland CBX – 54°
    Taylormade EF – 60° ATV
    Taylormade Juno
  • Happyday_JHappyday_J Members Posts: 265 ✭✭
    I don't know why many companies, ping included don't release a blade with an alignment line on the top, or a dot. People like myself, whose dominant eye is closest to the hole when putting (lefty, right eye dominant), tend to have a hard time lining up with the line on the flange. At the very least, a blank head with no line, so if need be we can do ourselves.
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Driver:[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] Cobra F8+ 8.5* - Hzdrus black 75x [/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Fairway Woods:[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] Titleist 915 13* 3wood- whiteboard [/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] Titleist 915 18* 5wood- whiteboard [/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Irons: [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Ping i500 3i - c-taper x [/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] Callaway x forged 2013 4-6 - Nippon Spb X[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] Callaway razr mb 7-9 - Nippon Spb X[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Wedges[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]:[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] Vokey SM7 46, 52, [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Nippon Spb X[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] 56, 60 TT s400[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Putter[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]:[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] Seemore Nashville Z1c SS Black[/font]

Left side -> Strong side
  • Drewmiller07Drewmiller07 Members Posts: 158 ✭✭
    I’ve got an 8 foot bed on my truck. I don’t think the first three would fit.
  • pheenomz4774pheenomz4774 Members Posts: 907 ✭✭
    Konklifer wrote:

The ZB 2 has my interest. I hope it has a little less offset than the Vault ZB. And the Tyne 4 isn't bad either.

These were the exact same two that caught my eye as well. I miss my Ping bag.
    Back to all Ping...
    G400 Driver 9.0°
    G30 3 Wood 15.5°, G 5 Wood 18.5°
    i210 4 - PW
    Glide 50°/54° SS, 58° ES
    Sigma 2 Valor (B.ig U.gly M.allet)
  • Sean289Sean289 Members Posts: 902 ✭✭
    Happyday_J wrote:

I don't know why many companies, ping included don't release a blade with an alignment line on the top, or a dot. People like myself, whose dominant eye is closest to the hole when putting (lefty, right eye dominant), tend to have a hard time lining up with the line on the flange. At the very least, a blank head with no line, so if need be we can do ourselves.

You can order the Vault Dale Anser with the alignment line on top so I would imagine that you would be able to do the same with the Sigma 2 Anser.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driver: PING G400 Max[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Wood: PING G30[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5 Wood: PING G30[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Hybrid: Taylormade M3[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4-9: PING G Series[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PW: Titleist Vokey SM5 48[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]SW: Titleist Vokey SM5 52[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]LW: Titleist Vokey SM5 60[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Putter: PING Anser Tr 1966[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ball: Titleist ProV1x[/font]
  • getitdailygetitdaily Members Posts: 2,440 ✭✭
    Not a good looking line overall. Like the dark finish Tyne
  • Happyday_JHappyday_J Members Posts: 265 ✭✭
    Sean289 wrote:

Happyday_J wrote:

You can order the Vault Dale Anser with the alignment line on top so I would imagine that you would be able to do the same with the Sigma 2 Anser.

Did not know that, thank you. My follow-up question to that would be, available left handed as well?
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Driver:[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] Cobra F8+ 8.5* - Hzdrus black 75x [/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Fairway Woods:[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] Titleist 915 13* 3wood- whiteboard [/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] Titleist 915 18* 5wood- whiteboard [/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Irons: [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Ping i500 3i - c-taper x [/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] Callaway x forged 2013 4-6 - Nippon Spb X[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] Callaway razr mb 7-9 - Nippon Spb X[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Wedges[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]:[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] Vokey SM7 46, 52, [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Nippon Spb X[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] 56, 60 TT s400[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Putter[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]:[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] Seemore Nashville Z1c SS Black[/font]

Left side -> Strong side
    Does anyone know what the headweights are going to be on this line?
  • Sean289Sean289 Members Posts: 902 ✭✭
    Happyday_J wrote:

Sean289 wrote:

Happyday_J wrote:

Did not know that, thank you. My follow-up question to that would be, available left handed as well?

I would imagine that it would be available. If you contact them, they will let you know.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driver: PING G400 Max[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Wood: PING G30[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5 Wood: PING G30[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Hybrid: Taylormade M3[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4-9: PING G Series[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PW: Titleist Vokey SM5 48[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]SW: Titleist Vokey SM5 52[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]LW: Titleist Vokey SM5 60[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Putter: PING Anser Tr 1966[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ball: Titleist ProV1x[/font]
  • Hjosh7_Hjosh7_ Members Posts: 257 ✭✭
    The Anser looks like it has eaten too many cheeseburgers, kinda beefy.
    WITB:
    TaylorMade M1(2016) 9.5° - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70 Stiff
    TaylorMade Aeroburner 16.5° - Matrix White Tie 70X4 Stiff
    PING G30 17°/22° Hybrids - PING TFC 419H Stiff
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 5-PW - True Temper DG Pro S300
    Cleveland RTX 3 50°/54°/60° - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge
    Nike Method Matter B2-01 - Flatso 1.0 - 35.25"
    Top Flite Gamer Tour

"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
  • Harry PutterHarry Putter Members Posts: 167 ✭✭
    I don't like what they did with the Kushin. I feel like a wide blade and a notchback are different putters and they should release both.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway XR16 Pro Driver[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra F8 5 Wood[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra King F7 3 Hybrid[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra Fly-Z+ 4-PW[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Callaway MD3 50, 56, 60[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PING Sigma G Kushin and/or Cleveland HB #8[/font]
  • ^m9^m9 ᕦ(ò_ó*)ᕤ Members Posts: 1,383 ✭✭
    Some people in the Odyssey Stroke Lab thread were complaining that the paint job looked cheap, but these look atrocious. Transitions, face, everything looks very low quality. Either that or the models pictured have been demoed to death.

I really like Ping putters and appreciate the level of engineering and testing they do in their labs, but what's with this finishing? I get this line is at a lower price point, but the paint looks fragile.

Ping G400 LST Tour 65x
    Callaway Epic Flash 3W Tensei Blue 75x
    Ping G410 3H 4H Tensei Blue 80tx
    Mizuno JPX 919F 5-PW Modus 120x
    Titleist SM4 50F 54M 58S DG Spinner
    TM Spider X Navy Single Sight Line

• vmanvman Members Posts: 1,228 ✭✭
    My god they look awful. Ping used to be No 1 in putters back in the last century...what happened?
    CALLAWAY EPIC SUB ZERO 10.5*
    CALLAWAY X2 HOT 3 DEEP 14.5*
    ADAMS PRO MINI 18*
    CALLAWAY APEX 4-A
    CALLAWAY MD4 RAW 52* 58*
    ODYSSEY TUTTLE FLOW 35"
  • BlujacketBlujacket Members Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Are these the ladies models? Ugly
  • soflasofla Members Posts: 1,655 ✭✭
    release date?
    Ping G400 LST
    Callaway Rogue 3w
    Exotics CB5 18
    Callaway Rogue Hybrid 21
    Srixon 585 5-7, 785 8-aw
    Callaway MD3 54 & PM Grind '19 58
    Bettinardi Studio Stock 38
  • Byrdman2230Byrdman2230 Members Posts: 308 ✭✭
    sofla wrote:
    release date?

Rumor is 11/1.
  • a009938a009938 Members Posts: 173 ✭✭
    Yes
    Ping Pioneer Bag
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5 -1/2 Tensei Orange Stiff 
    Cobra F9 3W Atmos Blue Regular
    Cobra F9 5W Atmos Blue Regular
    Cobra F9 7W Atmos Blue Regular
    Callaway Steelhead XR 5-A 2*up Matrix F15 Regular
    Callaway PM Grind 56 (bent to 55) +1/4 1*up Recoil Wedge
    Callaway PM Grind 60 +1/2 1*up Recoil Wedge
    Taylormade Spider Tour Custom 34" 8 gram weights
    Callaway Chrome Soft
  • EquiptoEquipto Members Posts: 391 ✭✭
    sign me up for the Tyne4, been wanting that for a while.

I don't like what they did with the Kushin. I feel like a wide blade and a notchback are different putters and they should release both.

I agree, but the more I look at it the more I like the new notchback look. Hope it comes in a regular model and not just center-shafted.

• jongalt55jongalt55 Members Posts: 190 ✭✭

Completely agree. While we're at it, why does every single blade putter (standard anser style, wide blade or notchback) have to have a single alignment line in the middle of the cavity? If you pay attention to Edel's research/fitting model, people perceive aim lines differently. Would it be that hard to offer customizable alignment aids? Maybe have the heads cast and finished without one and a milling machine at the factory designed to add whatever you order? Charge $20 per head for the service--it would be 100% worth it...
    edited Oct 11, 2018 #60
    The heads would have to be produced separately and left raw, then milled with custom alignment lines at PING HQ and then finished there. They have done this before, but to start offering this on a regular basis would likely cost more than $20. It's probably actually easier for them to customize the Vault line since those are milled there already.

• SUMM1TSUMM1T Members Posts: 854 ✭✭
    Got the chance to hit these putters the other day and they feel good. Much "softer" feel/sound. The grip/shaft option is amazing with the ability to lengthen/shorten the shaft without having the old bulky system.