Ping Sigma2 Putters

Comments

• Sean289Sean289 Members Posts: 902 ✭✭
    SUMM1T wrote:

Got the chance to hit these putters the other day and they feel good. Much "softer" feel/sound. The grip/shaft option is amazing with the ability to lengthen/shorten the shaft without having the old bulky system.

Softer than the original Sigma G line?
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driver: PING G400 Max[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Wood: PING G30[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5 Wood: PING G30[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Hybrid: Taylormade M3[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4-9: PING G Series[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PW: Titleist Vokey SM5 48[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]SW: Titleist Vokey SM5 52[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]LW: Titleist Vokey SM5 60[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Putter: PING Anser Tr 1966[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ball: Titleist ProV1x[/font]
  • SDLSDL Members Posts: 351 ✭✭
    SUMM1T wrote:

Got the chance to hit these putters the other day and they feel good. Much "softer" feel/sound. The grip/shaft option is amazing with the ability to lengthen/shorten the shaft without having the old bulky system.

Does the club feel solid with the adjustable grip/shaft? Also, does the adjustment mechanism still allow weight to be inserted inside the shaft in the grip area in order to counterweight the club?
  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers Posts: 2,725 ✭✭
    ZB 2 looks good, otherwise very meh
    PING i20 10.5*
    Adams a7 19*
    PING G25 23*
    Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 5-P
    Titleist SM6 52.08F, 58.08M

• SUMM1TSUMM1T Members Posts: 854 ✭✭
    SDL wrote:

SUMM1T wrote:

Does the club feel solid with the adjustable grip/shaft? Also, does the adjustment mechanism still allow weight to be inserted inside the shaft in the grip area in order to counterweight the club?

The putter felt solid through and through. It is a great putter. For those seeking a softer feel, this lineup will definitely deliver. As far as counterweighting the club, I don't believe you'll be able to with the adjustable grip/shaft.

Sean289 wrote:

SUMM1T wrote:

Softer than the original Sigma G line?

I didn't get to compare it to putters of the past. I compared it to my gamer Vault 2.0 ZB and it was softer feeling for sure.
    I am pretty sure that no one will have this inside information yet, but does anyone know if the Anser will have the custom option to be ordered without a sightline?
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PW: Titleist Vokey SM5 48[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]SW: Titleist Vokey SM5 52[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]LW: Titleist Vokey SM5 60[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
  • mrmikeacmrmikeac Members Posts: 370 ✭✭
    Never was a fan of the Sigma line but I love the Vault lineup, especially the VOSS 2.0.

With that being said, if they fixed the feel and made it a little more solid I’ll be happy to test one out.
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus, 10.5 Degrees set at 9.5, Weight Neutral, Tensei Orange 60 Gram Stiff
    3 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero, HZRDUS Smoke 70 Gram 6.0
    3 Hybrid: Ping G410 19 Degrees, Tensei Blue 80 Gram Stiff
    2 Iron: Taylormade P790 UDI, Project X HZDRUS Black 85g 6.0
    5-PW: Taylormade P760’s, Nippon Pro Modus Tour 120 Stiff
    50 Degree: Cleveland RTX 4, 10 Bounce, Mid Grind, Black Satin, Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge Flex
    54 Degree: Cleveland RTX 4, 10 Bounce, Mid Grind, Black Satin, Nippon Pro Modus 125 Wedge Flex
    58 Degree: TaylorMade Hi-Toe, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    Putter: 34” Scotty Cameron Phantom X #8 
    Ball: Taylormade TP5
  • MinaretsMinarets Members Posts: 3,945 ✭✭
    mrmikeac wrote:
    Never was a fan of the Sigma line but I love the Vault lineup, especially the VOSS 2.0.

With that being said, if they fixed the feel and made it a little more solid I’ll be happy to test one out.
    im digging my vault 2.0 Ketsch after 2 rounds.
    Driver: Adams 9064LS 9.5*
    Irons: Ping I-20 4-W
    Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue Mid 16*, 19*
    Wedges: Scratch 8620 53*, 58*
    Putter: SeeMore mFGP
    Bag: SM Four5 / Ball: Srixon ZStar XV
  • YoureStillAway1YoureStillAway1 Members Posts: 102 ✭✭
    That Tyne 4 looks money!
  • SUMM1TSUMM1T Members Posts: 854 ✭✭
    Sean289 wrote:

I am pretty sure that no one will have this inside information yet, but does anyone know if the Anser will have the custom option to be ordered without a sightline?

Not 100% sure on this one. I can ask.
    SUMM1T wrote:
    Sean289 wrote:

Not 100% sure on this one. I can ask.

If you could, that would be great thanks.
    I saw this posted on the putter forum. James Robinson talks about the new PING putter range being announced tomorrow from 10:44-11:12

He also gave a glimpse of the new grip.

• erock9174erock9174 North Canton, OHMembers Posts: 3,944 ✭✭
    edited Oct 15, 2018 #73
    Pretty slick system

c22f8fca90a7e5c89257ffc5929f17c5.png

bafdc0ed36aee191816e39309e973ff9.png

Driver: PXG Gen 2 0811 XF 14*
    FW: Ping G400 SFT 5w
    Hybrids: Exotics XRail 23*/26*
    Irons: Ping G700 6-UW
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 56*/60* - Callaway Sure Out 64*
    Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne H

• erock9174erock9174 North Canton, OHMembers Posts: 3,944 ✭✭
    The only downside to the new grip system is how does one attach Game Golf or Arccos sensors ?

Driver: PXG Gen 2 0811 XF 14*
    FW: Ping G400 SFT 5w
    Hybrids: Exotics XRail 23*/26*
    Irons: Ping G700 6-UW
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 56*/60* - Callaway Sure Out 64*
    Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne H

• tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX Posts: 25,117 ✭✭
    erock9174 wrote:

The only downside to the new grip system is how does one attach Game Golf or Arccos sensors ?

I don't think PING was concerned with another company's issue. If there was a partnership, then I could see it.
    **Bag Construction in Progress**
    Mizuno ST190 G 9.5 (Lofted to 10)
    Mizuno ST190 3TS
    Mizuno CLK 2 Hybrid
    Mizuno Fli-Hi 4 Iron Replacement
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal (5-PW)
    Mizuno S18 Wedges - Blue Ion (50-7, 54-12, 58-16, 62-8)
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X12
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... location, location.Members Posts: 7,813 ✭✭
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... location, location.Members Posts: 7,813 ✭✭
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    Kevin Burns 9306
  • WVPWVP Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
    Not the most exciting headshapes, but the ZB2 and Tyne 4 look really good. And the adjustable length tech looks great.

The model where you pick up the ball, that's not for me but I can definitely see folks with back issues being excited about it.
    Callaway BB Fusion – 9°
    Tour Edge CB5 – 16.5°
    Mizuno JPX 825 – 22°
    PING G30 – 5-UW
    Cleveland CBX – 54°
    Taylormade EF – 60° ATV
    Taylormade Juno
    ZB2, Tyne 4, and Fetch all look good.
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    Kevin Burns 9306
  • MychMych Members Posts: 1,816 ✭✭
    edited Oct 15, 2018 #80
    I cringe every time I see an old guy fish a ball out of the hole with his putter, but my knees and back understand why they do it. I wish the Fetch was a bit smaller. It looks like it's a pretty tight fit and I can't imagine that the owner is going to be precise enough to not bang the edge. If people can't put a flag back without taking a chunk, encouraging them to stick their putter in there seems like a mistake. The idea is cool, but I'm not too excited about giving more people the idea that digging the ball out with their normal putter is acceptable.

I also like the adjustable length tech. Don't see anything that makes me want to change immediately, but it's nice to see putters that are responsive to actual customer desires.
    "Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
    Main bag: Cobra Fly-Z 10.5*~ F6 Baffler 4-5w ~ Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 3H ~ King Utility ~ King Forged One 4-P ~ King 50-V, 56-V wedges ~ Nike MC-02W
    6 club minimalist: Cobra King Utility ~ Forged One 5/7/9 ~ Cleveland 588 Diadic 53* wedge ~ Nike MC-02W ~ Silo Club Carrier
  • Jordan SpeethJordan Speeth ClubWRX Posts: 1,090 ClubWRX
    I'm not too sure about this "Fetch" concept. It looks like it's going to lead to some messed up cups/lips, not to mention the wear to the putter itself. I do remember back to the sixties though and, believe it or not, one of the things that amateurs loved about the Anser was that you could pick up your ball without bending over. It was the first thing everyone wanted to do when they got their first one, that is, mastering the "pick up" with your putter. C'mon, it was the 60s....there wasn't that much going on to get excited about. We take so many of these things for granted now that we don't even acknowledge that, at one time, there weren't any putters that you could pick up your ball with.
    Cobra F8+ Driver 9.5*- XCaliber Superlite 45 S
    Callaway XR Pro 16* FW- Handcrafted PX LZ 6.0
    Ping G400 17* 2-Hybrid- Xcaliber Superlite Stiff
    Ping G 22* 4-Hybrid- Xcaliber Superlite Stiff
    Callaway Apex Pro 5-Gap- Steelfiber i95
    Callaway MD-3 Black Milled 52*/10, 56*/12- KBS Black Tour Custom-S
    Callaway MD-3 Black Milled 56- KBS Black Tour Custom-S
    Odyssey White Hot #7 38"- Superstroke Tank Slim 13"
    Golf Pride MCC Grips
    Wilson Duo Urethane (this week)
    MG Elite Glove
    2018 Ping Hoofer, Eliott Alistair Leather Bag
  • dlygrissedlygrisse Members Posts: 13,132 ✭✭
    I wish Ping offered putters with an alignment aid on the top rail. They seem to have gotten away from that on all putters.

Ping G400
    Callaway Rogue 3w, HW
    Ping G 4 hybrid
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54* SS
    Vokey 58 M grind
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Jones Utility
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3
    There appears to be quite a few on here that have rolled these already. Is this Sigma 2 line softer or firmer feeling than the first generation of Sigma G putters?
  • golfgirlrobingolfgirlrobin Members Posts: 2,310 ✭✭
    As someone who plays a lot of rounds at a nearby Del Webb community, the Fetch fills me with dread. Half the old guys already have a suction cup on their putter that they shove in the hole at a 45* angle and ruin the hole, what they could achieve with an entire putter head is horrifying.

I don’t see much here to get excited about. What I like about the original Sigma line is the firmer insert so not excited about another soft insert offering. For me, soft insert plus urethane ball equals no distance control.
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5*
    Fairway: Epic Flash 14* & 20*
    Hybrid: Ping G410 22*
    Irons: TaylorMade M CGB 6-SW
    Wedges: Callaway 2019 PM Grind 59* and 64*
    Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch
    Ball:  Titleist Pro V1
  • DHarryDHarry Members Posts: 202 ✭✭
    Can you customize the length of these with a different grip or must you have the stock grip for this option?

Harry
  • rainkingjrrainkingjr Members Posts: 2,584 ✭✭
    Won't adjusting the length change the lie angle and SW a little? Just wondering. I pretty much have no interest in an adjustable putter anyway so it doesn't matter to me.

As someone who plays a lot of rounds at a nearby Del Webb community, the Fetch fills me with dread. Half the old guys already have a suction cup on their putter that they shove in the hole at a 45* angle and ruin the hole, what they could achieve with an entire putter head is horrifying.

I don’t see much here to get excited about. What I like about the original Sigma line is the firmer insert so not excited about another soft insert offering. For me, soft insert plus urethane ball equals no distance control.

Do you think that the Sigma 2 is much softer feeling than the original Sigma?
  • YoureStillAway1YoureStillAway1 Members Posts: 102 ✭✭
    Adjustable length shaft has me very intrigued. Thought grip would move when you adjusted but I was told that's not the case. Not sure I'll game one but I'll certainly try it out at my local shop. Great idea if you want to fiddle with length.
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner Members Posts: 331 ✭✭
    I love the idea of an adjustable putter shaft. Ideally I'd play at 34.25" but just deal with a 34" because I don't care to fiddle with an extra quarter inch.

I think I'll be looking into the Kushin C... or maybe the Sigma G Kushin if those drop in price.
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy driver, Aldila Rogue M-AX 75
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 Wood, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Cobra King F6 Baffler, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Srixon Z H45 4 hybrid
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 Milled S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway Mac Daddy PM Grind 58 deg.
    Odyssey Arm Lock Double Wide, Rosemark 7Teen grip
  • PingPonchoPingPoncho PingPoncho Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭
    Why does everyone want a softer feel to their putter?

I would rather have a feel that tells me I hit the putt.

I want an audible sound not a marshmallow feel along with a soft feeling ball that gives you no feedback so you do not even know that you hit the ball.
  • nova6868nova6868 Members Posts: 4,693 ✭✭
    I'm surprised to see PING go against some of the customer feedback on this line. Maybe they have their reasons, I'm not sure.

- The overwhelming feedback I heard was that people wanted a firmer feel to the insert. Not softer.

- Lots of people were wanting the Tyne to be offered with slightly less weight. This release the weight is basically the same - 365 or 370.