New Odyssey Stroke Lab putters

Comments

• FullOfBrushManFullOfBrushMan Members Posts: 666 ✭✭

Yep. Odyssey is complete garbage. I'd hate to say it but who the **** wants to buy this B.S. technology.

Just make a premium White Hot and get it over with. Literally haven't like a single putter they came out with since 1998.
    good thing you're in the minority I mean with them being the number one brand in putters and everything. They appear to be doing something correct

By minority you mean someone who realizes that they are in the pay for play business thus #1 in "putters". Just like how TM is #1 in drivers. Yawn. Don't believe the hype and stop being one of the many sheep in the golf industry.
  • nic19nic19 Members Posts: 505 ✭✭
    When are these on sale?
  • OpinderOpinder Banned Posts: 422 ✭✭
    How much it so cost for odyssey lab putter??
  • J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,392 ✭✭
    edited Oct 7, 2018 #95

Yep. Odyssey is complete garbage. I'd hate to say it but who the **** wants to buy this B.S. technology.

Just make a premium White Hot and get it over with. Literally haven't like a single putter they came out with since 1998.
    good thing you're in the minority I mean with them being the number one brand in putters and everything. They appear to be doing something correct

By minority you mean someone who realizes that they are in the pay for play business thus #1 in "putters". Just like how TM is #1 in drivers. Yawn. Don't believe the hype and stop being one of the many sheep in the golf industry.

Only stat that matters is sales and Odyssey is #1 and has been for years. Kinda like Titleist is #1 in ball, Callaway is #1 in woods, irons, and hybids.

On tour - only players paid to play an Odyssey putter have an Odyssey Logo on their hat. If they don't, they aren't paid to play it.

As for the tech - The white hot insert is the best feeling face on the planet IMO but I applaud them for always trying to improve. Not sure why it seems to bother you so much. At least they try unlike other companies who just bring out the same milled putter for 30 years with varying sizes of circles and paint schemes.
    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Project X HZRDUS Black Smoke 70 6.5
    TBD
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey White Hot Versa #6 Tour issue
    Srixon Zstar XV

GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub

GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/

WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

INSTAGRAM- @Jminis13
  • jonn443jonn443 Jonnystx Members Posts: 4,596 ✭✭
    They just need to bring back the White Hot Pro insert, experiment with various heads, and call it a decade.
    AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
    AB TP 3HL / 757
    XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
    DWS 24*/ VS Proto
    J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
    X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
    Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0
  • FullOfBrushManFullOfBrushMan Members Posts: 666 ✭✭
    J13 wrote:

Only stat that matters is sales and Odyssey is #1 and has been for years. Kinda like Titleist is #1 in ball, Callaway is #1 in woods, irons, and hybids.

On tour - only players paid to play an Odyssey putter have an Odyssey Logo on their hat. If they don't, they aren't paid to play it.

As for the tech - The white hot insert is the best feeling face on the planet IMO but I applaud them for always trying to improve. Not sure why it seems to bother you so much. At least they try unlike other companies who just bring out the same milled putter for 30 years with varying sizes of circles and paint schemes.

Like I said. Just make a premium White Hot and be done forever. Completely agree though that the White Hot is the best thing they have ever came out with and I miss my OG Rossie from HS.
  • JonnyKrasnodarJonnyKrasnodar Members Posts: 1,828 ✭✭
    Gorgeous. Very subtle colourways and I might very well gave to get this iteration of 2 to add to the (small but growing) collection.

If it came without the white sight line it would be 100% perfect. I do love an Odyssey blade putter.
  • Sean289Sean289 Members Posts: 902 ✭✭
    If that 2 Ball Fang S has a firmer and solid feeling insert than the O-Works, it may very well knock my PING Sigma G Tyne H out of the bag.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driver: PING G400 Max[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Wood: PING G30[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5 Wood: PING G30[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Hybrid: Taylormade M3[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4-9: PING G Series[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PW: Titleist Vokey SM5 48[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]SW: Titleist Vokey SM5 52[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]LW: Titleist Vokey SM5 60[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Putter: PING Anser Tr 1966[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ball: Titleist ProV1x[/font]
  • Need4spdNeed4spd Members Posts: 1,531 ✭✭

You mad, bro?

I'm guessing you're a diehard Android guy and thinks that everyone who uses Apple products are "sheep" too. Am I right?
    In the Hoofer

TaylorMade M4 9.5° Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 60TX
    TaylorMade M2 15° Aldila ROGUE Silver 110 M.S.I. 70X
    TaylorMade RSi TP UDI #2 KBS TOUR Hybrid Prototype 95X
    Srixon Z965 4-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50.08F, 54.10S, 60.12D Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Futura 6M 
    Titleist ProV1X 
  • nova6868nova6868 Members Posts: 4,693 ✭✭
    jonn443 wrote:

They just need to bring back the White Hot Pro insert, experiment with various heads, and call it a decade.

I really like some of these new heads they have been coming out with - Jailbird Mini, slant-7, double-wide, 2-wide, etc. But I always think "Meh. I wish they just had the old White Hot Pro or White Hot X insert."
  • scooterboy59scooterboy59 Members Posts: 978 ✭✭
    These new putters are going to be awesome. Reserve your judgement until you get to stroke one of these. Like the Epic driver I was smitten until I hit the Rogue and the same with my O works Two Ball. Callaway is not resting on their laurels. I can't wait to see what new technology they have discovered.
  • getitdailygetitdaily Members Posts: 2,440 ✭✭
    edited Oct 8, 2018 #103
    Sean289 wrote:

If that 2 Ball Fang S has a firmer and solid feeling insert than the O-Works, it may very well knock my PING Sigma G Tyne H out of the bag.

The oworks insert is the most frustrating thing about the 2ball fang. Compared to my tyne, the stroke has to be several inches longer. I hate how long the stroke has to be for such a large putter head. If they firm up the face, the 2ball fang would be deadly. It's so accurate.

Now, if we can also get a "berger" alignment on it too...the second most frustrating thing about it is my inability to consistently line it up inside 5 feet...
  • Sean289Sean289 Members Posts: 902 ✭✭
    getitdaily wrote:

Sean289 wrote:

The oworks insert is the most frustrating thing about the 2ball fang. Compared to my tyne, the stroke has to be several inches longer. I hate how long the stroke has to be for such a large putter head. If they firm up the face, the 2ball fang would be deadly. It's so accurate.

Now, if we can also get a "berger" alignment on it too...the second most frustrating thing about it is my inability to consistently line it up inside 5 feet...

The O-Works 2 Ball Fang S has a headweight of 360g. I assume the Stroke Lab will be 360g as well. I will more than likely purchase it straight away if it is.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driver: PING G400 Max[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Wood: PING G30[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5 Wood: PING G30[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3 Hybrid: Taylormade M3[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4-9: PING G Series[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]PW: Titleist Vokey SM5 48[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]SW: Titleist Vokey SM5 52[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]LW: Titleist Vokey SM5 60[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]º[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Putter: PING Anser Tr 1966[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ball: Titleist ProV1x[/font]
  • Pcola KenPcola Ken Members Posts: 143
    I like the look. That Doublewide looks great.
    jonn443 wrote:

Pretty much. I've played the white hot insert for a decade.
    TBD
    Srixon Zstar XV

GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub

GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/

INSTAGRAM- @Jminis13
    Sean289 wrote:

getitdaily wrote:

Sean289 wrote:

The O-Works 2 Ball Fang S has a headweight of 360g. I assume the Stroke Lab will be 360g as well. I will more than likely purchase it straight away if it is.

I'm working with spryevo on some custom options for my 2ball fang. I want a different alignment aid. Their designer is close. Here's a prototype photo.

Callaway indicated that this may be in the stroke lab 2ball fang, but I didn't see it offered.

Also may have spryevo put a firmer insert in too. They've apparently done that for 2ball and 2ball fangs a lot. Guy said the carbon fiber insert would give a firmer feel.
    getitdaily wrote:

Sean289 wrote:

getitdaily wrote:

Sean289 wrote:

I'm working with spryevo on some custom options for my 2ball fang. I want a different alignment aid. Their designer is close. Here's a prototype photo.

Callaway indicated that this may be in the stroke lab 2ball fang, but I didn't see it offered.

Also may have spryevo put a firmer insert in too. They've apparently done that for 2ball and 2ball fangs a lot. Guy said the carbon fiber insert would give a firmer feel.

The R-Ball is the Berger putter and close to what you want.
    TBD
    Srixon Zstar XV

INSTAGRAM- @Jminis13
    J13 wrote:

getitdaily wrote:

Sean289 wrote:

getitdaily wrote:

Sean289 wrote:

The R-Ball is the Berger putter and close to what you want.

Not a fan of the r-ball. The stroke consistency of the 2ball fang and the forgiveness is awesome. I have a weird problem lining it up inside 5 feet though. Also want a firmer face. But want to stick with the 2ball fang head.
  • TinkerGolfManTinkerGolfMan Tinker Golf Man Members Posts: 1,215 ✭✭
    Did I see a multi-material shaft in one of the pics or just a black paint?
    TaylorMade 2019 M1 9°, Aldila Rogue 110, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align Midsize
    Bomb Tech 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Oban Devotion, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Nike Golf Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Mizuno JPX 919/ 4-6 Forged Irons /7-PW Tour Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Artisan Golf ★ custom 50°, 54°, 58°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Titleist Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport 2, SC Custom Shop work: Black Refinish, High-Buff shaft band, Yellow School Bus SC Matador, Face/Weight Stamps.
  • YoureStillAway1YoureStillAway1 Members Posts: 102 ✭✭

Believe Phil was using the multi-material shaft last week
  • TinkerGolfManTinkerGolfMan Tinker Golf Man Members Posts: 1,215 ✭✭

Believe Phil was using the multi-material shaft last week
    ahh I see.
    TaylorMade 2019 M1 9°, Aldila Rogue 110, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align Midsize
    Bomb Tech 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Oban Devotion, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Nike Golf Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Mizuno JPX 919/ 4-6 Forged Irons /7-PW Tour Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Artisan Golf ★ custom 50°, 54°, 58°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Titleist Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport 2, SC Custom Shop work: Black Refinish, High-Buff shaft band, Yellow School Bus SC Matador, Face/Weight Stamps.
  • brentbrent Members Posts: 1,484 ✭✭
    Agree. Old white hot insert is the best. The crap out these days is entirely too soft (at least for me). Why not come out with a 400g head as well? Not all of us like 350-60g heads. Just saying
    edited Oct 9, 2018 #114
    brent wrote:

Agree. Old white hot insert is the best. The crap out these days is entirely too soft (at least for me). Why not come out with a 400g head as well? Not all of us like 350-60g heads. Just saying

For me the acoustics have been too quite. As a result my speed is off and i miss more putts. White Hot = Goat, EXO i actually like but it's not as good as the White hot.
    TBD
    Srixon Zstar XV

INSTAGRAM- @Jminis13
  • nic19nic19 Members Posts: 505 ✭✭
    Any release date?
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... location, location.Members Posts: 7,813 ✭✭
    The Double Wide flow neck is growing on me.
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
    Every pro I see with a callaway putter has the white hot insert. Why isn't callaway just releasing models with that insert as a constant?

I never see a pro playing the micro hinge or oworks inserts. What gives, callaway?
  • Ed SettleEd Settle #InsideTMAG ClubWRX Posts: 6,047 ClubWRX
    getitdaily wrote:

Every pro I see with a callaway putter has the white hot insert. Why isn't callaway just releasing models with that insert as a constant?

I never see a pro playing the micro hinge or oworks inserts. What gives, callaway?

The white hot is very popular but there are plenty of different models/inserts on the different pro tours. Micro hinge is very preventing on LPGA and Champions Tour. And good amounts on the PGA and European Tour.
    Twitter: @Ed_Settle

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Graphite Design VR-6X
    Fairway 3w: TaylorMade M5 Ti 3/15* GD GP-6X 
    Driving Iron: TM P-790 4/23* KBS Proto Hyb 85S
    Irons: New Level 4-PW Nippon Modus 105 S
    Wedges: New Level 50/52/Callaway Custom 60 WB Grind Modus 115 Wedge 
    Putter: Something new from Toulon Design
    Ball: Callaway ERC Soft/Callaway CSX Triple Track
    Bag: Vessel Black 14 way carry

My WITB
  • Lip1337Lip1337 Members Posts: 456 ✭✭
    Sorry i missed that.

When will this line will be in the stores?
    Callaway XR16 Pro 9* PX EvenFlow Black
    Callaway BB Fusion 3W EvenFlow Blue or Callaway x2hot Hybrid 16* Aldila Tour Green
    Callaway X Forged UT 18* PX EvenFlow Black 85
    Callaway Rogue Pro 4-PW KBS Tour V110
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Black 50*/55*/60* KBS Tour V110
    Odyssey ProType Tour Series #2 36"
  • BoognishBoognish Members Posts: 716
    I like the feel of this combo face (micro hinge + white hot) that I recently tested on the Exo Rossie. It produces a nice knock sound verses the dead feeling O-works.

I don't understand whey they have to make the heads so ugly? I hope we can get some clean designs (like the recent o-works) with this new face tech.
    Callaway 816 DBD 9* / Fuji Speeder Evo II 569-S
    Callaway XR16 14* / Fubuki AX f75-S
    Callaway X2Hot 5Deep 18.5*/ Aldila Tour Green 75-S
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* & 23* / Fuji Pro 83-S
    Srixon z765 5-9 / Modus 120-S
    Mizuno S18 46*
    Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 52*
    Callaway PM Grind 58*
    Ping Vault 2.0 Ketsch
  • WidespreadPanicWidespreadPanic Wizard in the Corner Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭
    edited Oct 12, 2018 #121
    Sign me up for the #3. Will it be the standard $220 price point or higher like the EXO? I do wish they would just make the White Hot Pro insert again.
    Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
    Cobra F7 15.5*
    Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
    Mizuno MP18 Fli Hi 4i
    Mizuno MP18 SC 5-PW
    Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
    Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
    Taylormade TPx