New Evnroll putters

Comments

• Golfer4LifeGolfer4Life Bob Parsons Bodyguard, Chump! ClubWRX Posts: 2,152
    edited Oct 3, 2018 #32
    pjc wrote:

Evnroll has been doing there thing now for a couple of years at least, and I am shocked that I have not seen one tour pro, PGA or LPGA using one especially since they are in the very "high end" price wise. How well can they be doing trying to sell $400 dollar putters to the general public? The tiny percentage of people that are buyers out there mostly rave about them and that's fine, but not sure how they will stay in business just doing what they are currently doing. I love the looks of a few of their models, but there is no way I would pay what they are priced at for a putter...craziness.

Oh, you haven't seen the Bettinroll? Like the one Francesco Molinari uses.

Joke aside, you are 100% correct in your assessment.
    PXG Derangement Syndrome, it is real.......<br /><br />Equipment:<br /><br />A bag full of PXG’s<br />Non Titleist Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009<br /><br />“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”
  • BlackM00NlightBlackM00Nlight IowaMembers Posts: 3,541 ✭✭
    So any word on the supposed gravity grip that used to be shown in Mr. Rife's videos the past year or so?
    Mizuno ST-190G Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno ST-190TS 15* Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno CLK 19* 3 Hybrid Speeder Evo HB 95X (swap with 2 iron)
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2-A wedge AMT X100 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Engage Dual Sole 58 DG S400 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

gravity.jpg
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

• nmpete11nmpete11 Members Posts: 81 ✭✭
    I have been interested in these putters forever. Finally pulled the trigger and now there is potential for a black finish. I can never win with equipment. Take all of my money.
    [font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][background=transparent]Callaway Rogue SZ 9* / Fujikura Pro 2.0 6X[/background][/font]
    [font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][background=transparent]Taylormade 2017 M2 Tour 15* / Kuro Kage 70 X[/background][/font]

[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][background=transparent][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Mizuno [/font]MP 18 Fli-Hi 2 / Graphite Design Tour AD DI (testing for fun)[/background][/font]

[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][background=transparent]Taylormade p790 3 / [/background][/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Graphite Design Tour AD DI[/font]

[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][background=transparent]Cobra King CB (4-6) MB (7-9) / DG X100[/background][/font]

[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][background=transparent]Titleist SM6 48/54/60 / Vokey Wedge Flex[/background][/font]

[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][background=transparent]Evnroll ER2[/background][/font]

[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][background=transparent]Taylormade TP5x[/background][/font]
  • TheInfidelTheInfidel Gotta let the Big Dog eat.... Members Posts: 1,422 ✭✭
    That 2.2 is sick.

I'd love to see a 2.2 in a black finish on a black shaft.

Titleist 915D2 10.5* Diamana Blue Board 72 X 
    Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 18*, True Temper Bi Matrix RXi X
    Adams Idea A7 22* UST V2 Hybrid X +0.5'
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged, Project X LZ 6.5 +0.5' 4-PW
    Nike Engage Raw 54* S400 +0.5'
    Nike Engage Raw 58* S400 +0.5'
    Odyssey Dual Force 990 

• jbole267jbole267 CalgaryMembers Posts: 330 ✭✭
    Does anyone have any insight to when these will be available?

That black Evnroll ER2 will be mine.
    Taylormade M6 - Accra TZ6 M5 65
    Callaway X-Hot 2 Hybrid
    Srixon Z745 Project x 6.0
    Titleist Vokey Sm7 50-54-58
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 64
    Taylormade Spider X
    Taylormade TP5X
  • GooseHookGooseHook Keep it Fraiche Members Posts: 11,648 ✭✭
    jongalt55 wrote:

I love that evnroll is doing more head shapes, but I don't necessarily understand the choices. Who in the world is going to buy a putter with three shafts worth of offset? Evnroll, if you're listening, please square off the back bumpers on the ER2 so it provides a set of nice, square lines to look down on and then delete the alignment line from the cavity. That putter would be in my bag in a heartbeat.

I'd love to see a ER2 with that flowneck too.
    M4 9.5°, Ventus 7x
    Mizuno ST-180 16°, Atmos Blue 8x
    Mizuno CLK  19°, Recoil Hybrid 95
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

Srixon Z785 5-PW
    Mizuno S18  50.07, 54.08 & 58.08
    Nippon Modus 125x
    EVNROLL ER3
    Z-Star XV
    Lead Tape

• TheInfidelTheInfidel Gotta let the Big Dog eat.... Members Posts: 1,422 ✭✭

So any word on the supposed gravity grip that used to be shown in Mr. Rife's videos the past year or so?

This looks really like the range made by P2 grips, developed by an Irish guy here in Europe?

I know Wie has been using one for a while and there are a few other pros who've tested with them.

Titleist 915D2 10.5* Diamana Blue Board 72 X 
    Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 18*, True Temper Bi Matrix RXi X
    Adams Idea A7 22* UST V2 Hybrid X +0.5'
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged, Project X LZ 6.5 +0.5' 4-PW
    Nike Engage Raw 54* S400 +0.5'
    Nike Engage Raw 58* S400 +0.5'
    Odyssey Dual Force 990 

• CatoctinCatoctin Members Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Just talked to Evnroll sales. They said the new putters will come in Feb. Also he said that some of the black shaft models won't be available, some were just for tour use.
  • chip75chip75 Members Posts: 549 ✭✭
    pjc wrote:

Evnroll has been doing there thing now for a couple of years at least, and I am shocked that I have not seen one tour pro, PGA or LPGA using one especially since they are in the very "high end" price wise. How well can they be doing trying to sell $400 dollar putters to the general public? The tiny percentage of people that are buyers out there mostly rave about them and that's fine, but not sure how they will stay in business just doing what they are currently doing. I love the looks of a few of their models, but there is no way I would pay what they are priced at for a putter...craziness.

It's hard for the smaller manufacturers to make much of a dent on tour, they just don't have the budgets to pay players. So all they can do is get their putters practice green-side and hope someone wants to try them. They're not knocking out a hundred thousand putters a quarter, so they're fine as a boutique brand making high-end putters. I'm not sure what tour validation should have to do with their price model or your willingness to pick one up. If they help your game and you love the looks, then give them a go. Some of the costs of a high-end OEM putter will be going to the marketing department and not the quality of manufacturing, so you'll have to choose your poison!
  • pjcpjc In The Middle Members Posts: 595 ✭✭
    chip75 wrote:

pjc wrote:

It's hard for the smaller manufacturers to make much of a dent on tour, they just don't have the budgets to pay players. So all they can do is get their putters practice green-side and hope someone wants to try them. They're not knocking out a hundred thousand putters a quarter, so they're fine as a boutique brand making high-end putters. I'm not sure what tour validation should have to do with their price model or your willingness to pick one up. If they help your game and you love the looks, then give them a go. Some of the costs of a high-end OEM putter will be going to the marketing department and not the quality of manufacturing, so you'll have to choose your poison!

You have a good point, and it makes sense. I wasn't trying to convey that tour validation has anything to do with what putter I choose, it's more the price point to me is ridiculous! I'm scratching my head to the fact of why there has not been a male or female pro golfer go over and try some of these out, love one, and put it in play. Evnroll has been green-side as you put it for a while now. Your last sentence did strike home with me though. I am in agreement with it for the most part, I just haven't reached that point with putters for some reason. Other clubs I play, definitely yes, just take a look at my signature.
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Srixon Z-TX 10.5* OG MRC Diamana BB 63 S[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Maltby UFW 15* MPF Pro Series FWY S [/font]
    [font="Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif"]Maltby UFW 18* MPF Pro Series FWY S[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Bridgestone J15 CB 4-PW Nippon 1050GH S[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Bridgestone J15 forged 51* Nippon 1050GH S[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Bridgestone J15 forged 56* DG Spinner[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 Rossie black[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Srixon Z-STAR[/font]
  • getair23getair23 Members Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Caroline Hedwall has the ER6B in play at the LPGA International Crown.
    Ping G400 MAX Aldila Rogue Silver-X
    Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5 Elements Chrome 7F5T
    Srixon Z 745 (4-9) Z 945 (pw) KBS tour-x
    Fourteen RM 21 50* KBS Tour FLT 130-x
    Bettinardi "The Hive" Black 54* and 60* KBS Tour FLT 130-x
    Edel 64* KBS C-Taper s+
    Evnroll ER2 
  • soflasofla Members Posts: 1,654 ✭✭
    8.3 for me but I can't wait until February
    Ping G400 LST
    Callaway Rogue 3w
    Exotics CB5 18
    Callaway Rogue Hybrid 21
    Srixon 585 5-7, 785 8-aw
    Callaway MD3 54 & PM Grind '19 58
    Bettinardi Studio Stock 38
  • dalton044dalton044 St. LouisMembers Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Not sure they justify the price tag, but I wouldn’t mind putting an all black ER5 in play
    -TS3 9.5 Aldila Green Mamba 60TX
    -Tour Issue 16' M2 DF 16.5 Tour AD-TP 7S
    -818H2 21* AD-DI 85S
    -4-PW X Forged TI S400
    -48,53,58 SM7 TI S400
    -Scotty Cameron X5 Flow Neck
  • nosilnosil Members Posts: 792 ✭✭
    pjc wrote:

chip75 wrote:

pjc wrote:

You have a good point, and it makes sense. I wasn't trying to convey that tour validation has anything to do with what putter I choose, it's more the price point to me is ridiculous! I'm scratching my head to the fact of why there has not been a male or female pro golfer go over and try some of these out, love one, and put it in play. Evnroll has been green-side as you put it for a while now. Your last sentence did strike home with me though. I am in agreement with it for the most part, I just haven't reached that point with putters for some reason. Other clubs I play, definitely yes, just take a look at my signature.

I volunteer at the LPGA event near my home and have seen Evnroll putters in several players bags.
  • Break81Break81 Broke80 Members Posts: 2,021 ✭✭
    I have had my ER5 for about a year or so and never have I putted more consistently, especially on lag putts ending up near the hole.

Worth every penny and I tested lots of putters in the process. The black one looks nice but I wonder what it will look like after 40-50 rounds?
    Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
    Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow
  • TzoidTzoid Members Posts: 1,644 ✭✭
    They no doubt are well made putters and there is definitely technology that get's the ball rolling as advertised. I tried one and confirmed my previous statement but could not

get my speed control figured out and gave up . Not the Putters fault entirely.
    Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
    Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
    Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
    Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
    ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
    Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges Nippon WV 115 Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
    Titleist Pro V-1X
  • bandondunes54bandondunes54 Members Posts: 24 ✭✭

That black ER2 is where it's at.....end of story

Completely agree. I love my ER2 but the all black one looks so sweet.
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9o; Mitsubishi Chemical C6 Magic Blue 60 stiff (+2o draw)
    Cobra F8 fairway 15o; Oban Isawa Red 75 04 (+1o)
    Ping G400 hybrids 19o and 22o; VA Composites Raijin 84 stiff
    Srixon Z585 5-6; SteelFiber i95 stiff
    Srixon Z785 7-PW; SteelFiber i95 stiff
    Random wedges depend on the course 50o, 55o, 60o, 64o; SteelFiber i95 regular
    Evnroll ER2
  • MiddlerMiddler Members Posts: 366
    edited Oct 12, 2018 #50

jbole267 wrote:

Does anyone have any insight to when these will be available?

That black Evnroll ER2 will be mine.

As much as I love my ER2, I sure wish it was a little easier to learn about Evnroll developments. I look at the website and FB, but I'd never heard about the gravity grip or the black finish option (I emailed about black several months ago and marketing just told me "no plans"). I just Googled and see there was mention of the gravity grip in the ER9 article in Jan, missed it then.

I'm also surprised no one has done a third party review of the ER9. Most of the golf YouTubers jump on reviews of anything new the day it comes out if not before.
    CALLAWAY Rogue 10.5° & 3W 15°
    MIZUNO CLK 3 Hybrid 19°
    MIZUNO JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10 & 60.06
    EVNROLL ER2
    SNELL MTB Black
    OGIO Silencer
  • radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,638 ✭✭
    Tzoid wrote:

They no doubt are well made putters and there is definitely technology that get's the ball rolling as advertised. I tried one and confirmed my previous statement but could not

get my speed control figured out and gave up . Not the Putters fault entirely.

I had a similar experience with Bettinardi's FIT face. Felt absolutely amazing, but I was either blowing it by the hole or leaving it way short. Couldn't get the distance to feel correlation down.
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • FestivusMiracleFestivusMiracle ClubWRX Posts: 90 ✭✭
    heard them talking about the slant neck on TG2, i think they undersold the severity of that thing. I just burst out laughing.
    Callaway Epic - Evenflow Blue 65 S
    TM M2 - Kuro Kage 75S
    Titleist 816 H2 - Rogue 85 S
    Apex (4,5,6)/Pro (7,8,9,P) - KBS tour S
    vokey(raw50F, 54F, 58S)
    Mannkrafted LN MA/66
  • Jaywh2Jaywh2 Members Posts: 899 ✭✭
    That black head squareback which I assume is an ER2 with black shaft in the pictures is amazing. I would buy that asap if I had access to it.
    Mizuno ST190 10.5 Tensei Pro White 60 S
    Callaway Rogue SZ 15 Speeder Evolution V 757
    Titleist 818 H1 19* Tensei Blue 80 S
    Mizuno MP 18 SC 785 4-P AMT Tour White S300
    Mizuno S18 Wedges 50/54/58 AMT Tour White S300
    Multiple Putters - Depends on the Day
    They really just need to bring the black finish to the public. Tour use only sucks, especially when no one on tour is seemingly using it anyway.

Black 2.2, black shaft, black grip = more money spent
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

• rbilramzrbilramz ClubWRX Posts: 752 ClubWRX
    I am dying to know the theory behind that super offset putter. Please share!
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,173 ✭✭

They really just need to bring the black finish to the public. Tour use only sucks, especially when no one on tour is seemingly using it anyway.

Black 2.2, black shaft, black grip = more money spent

Just ghetto it up like I did, take the grip off and slap some black shrink tube on the shaft and heat it off, grip back on. Boom, black shaft for all of $2.
    WITB
    DRIVER MIA
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge (Hi Toe 58 KBS Wedge in test)
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

• GolfcatGolfcat Members Posts: 673 ✭✭
    edited Oct 23, 2018 #57
    Guerin Rife has done that super offset putter before, years ago. I remember seeing it. Search Tourstroke. Some on the bay...

With Rife, I am sure there is some science behind it.

Liking the look of the Plumbers Neck ER2...
    Ping G400 MAX 10.5* w 2KXV Blue
    Ping i200 4-u, Glide 54, 58
    Guerin GR3 Mallet
  • CatoctinCatoctin Members Posts: 39 ✭✭
    I am hoping for some more discussion in this thread. Therefore I’m posting this to push it up again. I really want a new putter and think these are the most likely candidates. Any news on these? Still Feb?
  • Guv280984Guv280984 Guv280984 Members Posts: 267 ✭✭
    Excited for the new ER5 Murdered Out!
    TITLEIST TS3 9.5 DRIVER EVEN FLOW T1100 WHITE 65 STIFF
    TITLEIST TS3 15 FAIRWAY EVEN FLOW T1100 WHITE 75 STIFF
    TAYLORMADE GAPR LO 17 KBS HYBRID X
    TAYLORMADE P760 4-PW DG120 STIFF
    VOEKY SM7 LIMITED BLACK 50F, 54M & 58L
    SCOTTY CAMERON X5 DUAL BALANCE 36"PUTTER
  • OLD_BONESOLD_BONES PingMan Chico, CAClubWRX Posts: 1,804 ✭✭
    I just bought a ER5 and wish they had the black one earlier.
  • Double DodgerDouble Dodger Members Posts: 78 ✭✭
    SubaruWRX wrote:

HOLY offset!!
    the offset helps those that hit a big slice!

Forget the slice, I would hit that sucker fat on every stroke....