Mizuno MP & Titleist 720's?

Anyone know when they think Mizuno will come out with the new MP line to replace the MP18's? Spring or fall of next year? Same with Titleist on I assume would be called the 720 line of Irons. Next Fall, 2019?

Comments

• lordemsworthlordemsworth Members Posts: 1,297 ✭✭
    Wow. Starting early! Titleist at the Quicken Loans and Mizuno normally at Britiah Open. But this year Mizuno showed their hand later than normal.
  • mtnbiker5mtnbiker5 Members Posts: 322 ✭✭
    I know. Gotta believe both companies are gonna be pulling rabbits out of their hats. I'm looking forward to seeing how Mizuno tops the MP line on looks and feel along with Titleist. Makes life exciting.
  • Golf64Golf64 Go Habs Go! Ontario, CanadaMembers Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    The thing I like about Mizuno and Titleist is a 2 yr. cycle. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    All Mizuno bag for this year.
    ST-190 Driver, 3/5 wood
    919F 4-pw, gw Nippon 105R
    S18 54, 60
    Spider X putter
    TP5(2018)

Super Bowl LII Champions
    Fly Eagles Fly
    Yep. My MPs have been tremendous but already showing signs of wear. Lololol.
  • rymail00rymail00 Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭
    mtnbiker5 wrote:

Yep. My MPs have been tremendous but already showing signs of wear. Lololol.

+1

My 718's are beat to ****, ready to be replaced. As long as the 720 is on par with the 718 I'll be getting them. I didn't think they could really improve on the 716, but the 718 was better, but I can't see the 720 being more forgiving than the 718 with same profile, and playability. I guess I only want them to maybe have the offset of the CB (just hair less offset would be awesome but obviously not a deal breaker).

I'd LOVE to play an MP SC, but the extra forgiveness of the tungsten in the AP2 perimeter makes it hard to give up that added forgiveness on slight mishits.

Regardless excited to see both lines, and the 2 lines I always can't wait to see the most over any other releases, even over driver/fairway, or wedges or putter releases.
    rymail00 2018 WITB http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/

TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
    Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
    Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
    Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
    Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
    Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
    Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer)

Ping Scottsdale TR B60
    TP Mills Heritage 349g
    Byron Morgan 006 355g
    Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper
    C&L CL1 368g
    Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style
  • JRustyJRusty Members Posts: 18 ✭✭
    I'm not sure when the new MP's are coming out but those JPX 919 Tours look like they could be the ticket! However, I think I'll stick to my MP59's. Overall, I have been very satisfied with set of irons even if they're are a few years old.
    Mizuno ST 190G - 9* - Diamana Whiteboard 70x
    Taylormade M2 - 15* - Matrix Ozik White Tie  8x3 or Titleist 906F4 - 13.5* - Proforce V2 85X (One of the best three woods I have ever played. and still continue to do so!)
    Taylormade M2 - 18*- Fujikara Blue 75x 
    Mizuno MP59 - 3-9 - KBS Tour C Taper 130 X (All irons bent 2* weak from standard loft)
    Titleist SM5 - 48* KBS Tour S (Black Nickel)
    Titleist Vokey K Grind - 53* (bent 3* strong from a 56*) - KBS Tour S (Arctic White)
    Titleist M Grind - 59* (bent 1* strong from a 60*) - KBS Tour S (Arctic White)
    Titleist Scotty Cameron - 2019 Newport 2 - Ping grip (BE LIKE TIGER!!!)
    919's are nice but not enough for me to change over from my MP line I put together earlier this season. No way. I'm so dialed in with my clubs right now to change over to anything now. Gonna enjoy playing the rest of the season with my setup. Gear up in spring and sit tight for now. Going to watch this unfold between the two companies along with others. Should be exciting. I think Mizuno jumped ahead in a great way with their MP 18 releases along with Titleist, especially the new TS2 & 3 lines. I've always been huge fan of both companies.
  • dunndunn Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭
    edited Oct 8, 2018 #9
    mtnbiker5 wrote:

I know. Gotta believe both companies are gonna be pulling rabbits out of their hats. I'm looking forward to seeing how Mizuno tops the MP line on looks and feel along with Titleist. Makes life exciting.
    wont be anything special, it's a players iron or muscle back and they just use the same molds tweaked a bit....mp18 MB and SC designs have been around for years....which is good, their irons are great and they dont need to do anything....they could run a 4 yr cycle with this type a club and be fine

Still way too early anyways......

Playin a MB design from mizuno currently from 2012 after owning MP18....it all depends on what your looking for in an iron, not so much just what's latest design....

My 718 AP2 are sitting in garage, along with few others,lol
  • dunndunn Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭
    Buy another set at discount if they are working good
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members Posts: 1,293 ✭✭
    MP 19, if that is what they are to be called, should be released about this time next year.

I am not sure about the Titleist part.

This is all speculation. Absolutely no credibility claimed. I am thinking this is just based on history is all.
  • ZBigStickZBigStick Practice Perfect Form Members Posts: 5,313 ✭✭
    Golf64 wrote:
    The thing I like about Mizuno and Titleist is a 2 yr. cycle. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

It is nice to see, Srixon too.
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]M4 9.5˚(10˚) GD TP-6[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]BB Alpha 816 16˚(15˚) Rogue I/O 70
    Apex 20˚ Kuro Kage Black 80
    [/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Z U45 23˚ Steelfiber i95
    Z 745 5-PW Steelfiber i110 cw
    [/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]RTX-4 50˚M, 56˚F (55˚), 60˚F S400 ti[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Spider Tour L-neck Silver
    Pro V1 2017
    [/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]TP-5[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Oakley Targetline Prizm Golf Dark[/font]
  • andrieddleandrieddle Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Titleist move from their 91X name to TS, I hope they change the names on their irons too....shake things up a bit....
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Cobra Fly Z+ (11)
    Cobra Bio Cell 4W (16)
    TaylorMade R15 4H (21)
    FourteeN TC 606 (5-P/A)

Bridgestone J15 (50)
    Callaway MD2 (56/60)
    Odyssey EXO 7S
    [/font]
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 4,914 ✭✭
    It will be interesting to see when Titleist actually come out with the new irons. Obviously, the TS drivers were a couple weeks earlier than than the usually are however, changing a driver over at a major is one thing, changing irons over at the US Open is another.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • craz-ecraz-e Members Posts: 4,114 ✭✭
    No need to do much with the MB (Titleist) maybe a slight tweak in muscle design for CG placement.

Hopefully they don’t increase the overall size of the blade
    Driver = Ping G410 Plus even flow black 6.0
    3 wood = Ping G410 Tour S
    Irons = Miura 1957 Baby Blades Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
    Wilson Staff FG59 DG S300's (4-PW)
    Titleist 718 MB Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
    Wedges = Titleist Vokey SM6 52*, 56* and 60*

Putter = Wilson Staff 8882
    Ball = Titleist AVX
  • Bdmac79Bdmac79 Members Posts: 915 ✭✭
    I think it's too early for another MP release next year - they may come out with something, but I don't see any "update" to the current MP iron line. Likely some new wedges and hybrids/woods, perhaps.
    TS3/9.5/Tensei Pro Blue 60
    TS2/15/Tour AD-DI 7
    913H.d/18/Tour AD-DI 85
    MP-18 Fli Hi 3/Tour AD 95
    MP-18 4-PW/PX LZ
    SM7 Raw 52.8F/PX LZ
    SM7 Raw 58.8M/PX LZ
    SC Circle T NP2 Custom
    Pro V1
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,263 ✭✭
    andrieddle wrote:

Titleist move from their 91X name to TS, I hope they change the names on their irons too....shake things up a bit....

I highly doubt that titleist moves away from the 7xx in the irons. They chose to go with TS vice 919 in the woods because they wanted the story to focus on the speed aspect. They will more than likely go back to 9xx next release. Irons are more distance control clubs and not as much about speed. Titleist knew they lacked in the off the rack speed/distance game compared to the other big names so that’s the reasoning behind the titleist speed story
    Mizuno has to release new MPs next year. 2 year cycle. Titleist same. Gotta move product.
  • YoureStillAway1YoureStillAway1 Members Posts: 105 ✭✭
    edited Oct 9, 2018 #19
    We’re talking about 720’s that haven’t even been released yet?! That’s like asking if you should buy M4/M5 or whatever is coming next from Callaway. You have no clue what Callaway’s will look like.
  • NolesblNolesbl Members Posts: 171
    dunn wrote:

mtnbiker5 wrote:

wont be anything special, it's a players iron or muscle back and they just use the same molds tweaked a bit....mp18 MB and SC designs have been around for years....which is good, their irons are great and they dont need to do anything....they could run a 4 yr cycle with this type a club and be fine

Still way too early anyways......

Playin a MB design from mizuno currently from 2012 after owning MP18....it all depends on what your looking for in an iron, not so much just what's latest design....

My 718 AP2 are sitting in garage, along with few others,lol

I sent you a pm with some questions. thanks.
  • tsecortsecor Loading........ Members Posts: 4,209 ✭✭

I hears there is built in Bluetooth and GPS. Could be a rumor though

• lordemsworthlordemsworth Members Posts: 1,297 ✭✭

I assume you are either kidding or referring to something like Arccos.

• BlackM00NlightBlackM00Nlight IowaMembers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭

There’s already a thread several pages deep on the new Mizzy irons.

Mizuno ST-190G Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno ST-190TS 15* Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno CLK 19* 3 Hybrid Speeder Evo HB 95X (swap with 2 iron)
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2-A wedge AMT X100 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Engage Dual Sole 58 DG S400 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum