We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.
***11/16/2019 Attention GolfWRX community. If you had to reset your forum password, please see info below. ***

GolfWRX was informed of a potential issue and in an effort to be proactive, passwords were reset for some users. Please use the forget password recovery link: https://forums.golfwrx.com/entry/passwordrequest

Please email [email protected] if further help is required. We're sorry for any inconvenience.

Driver vs Driver 2

11314161819
19

Comments

  • golfnhackgolfnhack  2542Members Posts: 2,542
    Joined:  #452
    So could not help but notice that Troy Merrit was nowhere to be seen in the Cortex Ad. Odd decision.
    Posted:
    "Some emotions cannot be endured with a golf club in your hand." - Bobby Jones
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • RichieHuntRichieHunt  3859Members Posts: 3,859
    Joined:  #453
    Holy Moses wrote:


    Will the Wilson Tour staff play it? Streelman had the Triton in play for what, one tournament?




    He had the Triton in for a few tournaments. I'm thinking for about 1-2 months.













    RH
    Posted:
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses  10655Members Posts: 10,655
    Joined:  edited Nov 13, 2018 #454
    RichieHunt wrote:

    Holy Moses wrote:


    Will the Wilson Tour staff play it? Streelman had the Triton in play for what, one tournament?




    He had the Triton in for a few tournaments. I'm thinking for about 1-2 months.













    RH




    I think it's really important that at least 2/4 of their staffers play it for a good chunk of the 2019 season and win with it if Wilson wants to have sustained success with the Cortex. But I guess you could also say that the Wilson Tour staff aren't big enough names to really move the club.
    Posted:
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 14.5* (DI-7X)
    Ping G400 Crossover 19* (Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 S)
    Ping i20 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • RichieHuntRichieHunt  3859Members Posts: 3,859
    Joined:  #455
    Best driver won. Cortex was consistently producing about 3 mph more club speed and supposedly sounded better, was better on mis-hits and had quality launch and spin numbers.



    It's probably the least innovative of the drivers, but it appears to just be a quality golf club.



    $499 will be tough to sell at that price point. They'll slash it to $449 and then $429 in short time.



    Will I buy the Cortex?



    Have to hit it first and see how it performs. And that's really half the battle for any OEM. That's something that Wilson didn't have before.



    Just a much better season than DvD 1. I have to give my hats off to Evan and Tim. They didn't:



    - sell an alignment aid as part of the 'technology' with the driver.



    - The face wasn't hooded



    - They kept a classic look when the driver was on the ground with 'shelf appeal' on the bottom of the club.



    - They weren't too outside the box so where the technology couldn't be developed in time.



    - Apparently the clubs sounded great















    RH
    Posted:
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses  10655Members Posts: 10,655
    Joined:  #456
    Any idea on what you think Shiels was paid to be on the show? Over six figures?
    Posted:
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 14.5* (DI-7X)
    Ping G400 Crossover 19* (Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 S)
    Ping i20 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • RichieHuntRichieHunt  3859Members Posts: 3,859
    Joined:  #457
    Holy Moses wrote:

    RichieHunt wrote:

    Holy Moses wrote:


    Will the Wilson Tour staff play it? Streelman had the Triton in play for what, one tournament?




    He had the Triton in for a few tournaments. I'm thinking for about 1-2 months.













    RH




    I think it's really important that at least 2/4 of their staffers play it for a good chunk of the 2019 season and win with it if Wilson wants to have sustained success with the Cortex. But I guess you could also say that the Wilson Tour staff aren't big enough names to really move the club.




    Performance and quality are still the most important thing. That's how Callaway became Callaway, TaylorMade became TaylorMade, Ping became Ping, etc.



    For instance, Wilson's irons get plenty of praise here. And I see an increasing amount of golfers around here playing them as they are clubs that TrueSpec, Club Champion and the PGA Tour Superstore will all suggest fitting golfers with. And the golfers I've talked to that own them all tell me they were surprised how well they perform. That moves the needle quite a bit.



    That's what Wilson needs to do with the driver. Have a high quality and performing driver that the brand agnostic and large box retail stores will consider fitting golfers with. Otherwise, you need to come up with some breakthrough technology and that may only happen once in a lifetime. Design with performance improvements in mind...not something you can sell. Gimmicks get exposed sooner or late and if it's fraudulent enough, it can crush an OEM. Just keep making quality decisions and think of performance and they'll grow.













    RH
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • RichieHuntRichieHunt  3859Members Posts: 3,859
    Joined:  #458
    Holy Moses wrote:


    Any idea on what you think Shiels was paid to be on the show? Over six figures?




    I would be shocked if it was anything remotely close. Wilson was pretty much the sole advertiser. It's not a revenue generating show for Wilson. It's a way to get people talking about and having exposure to their products.



    Shiels is a really good addition to the show, but they don't need him and he benefits form being on a show like this because it increases his subscribers count and gets him on television where he can showcase his ability on TV, learn the ropes of television and network.



    I'd be surprised if he got anything over $25K.















    RH
    Posted:
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses  10655Members Posts: 10,655
    Joined:  #459
    RichieHunt wrote:

    Holy Moses wrote:

    RichieHunt wrote:

    Holy Moses wrote:


    Will the Wilson Tour staff play it? Streelman had the Triton in play for what, one tournament?




    He had the Triton in for a few tournaments. I'm thinking for about 1-2 months.













    RH




    I think it's really important that at least 2/4 of their staffers play it for a good chunk of the 2019 season and win with it if Wilson wants to have sustained success with the Cortex. But I guess you could also say that the Wilson Tour staff aren't big enough names to really move the club.




    Performance and quality are still the most important thing. That's how Callaway became Callaway, TaylorMade became TaylorMade, Ping became Ping, etc.



    For instance, Wilson's irons get plenty of praise here. And I see an increasing amount of golfers around here playing them as they are clubs that TrueSpec, Club Champion and the PGA Tour Superstore will all suggest fitting golfers with. And the golfers I've talked to that own them all tell me they were surprised how well they perform. That moves the needle quite a bit.



    That's what Wilson needs to do with the driver. Have a high quality and performing driver that the brand agnostic and large box retail stores will consider fitting golfers with. Otherwise, you need to come up with some breakthrough technology and that may only happen once in a lifetime. Design with performance improvements in mind...not something you can sell. Gimmicks get exposed sooner or late and if it's fraudulent enough, it can crush an OEM. Just keep making quality decisions and think of performance and they'll grow.













    RH




    I just wonder if Wilson can sell a club like they want on performance alone - after all that's why they decided to do a reality show. They did seem to lower their expectations on the first episode. Their goal wasn't necessarily to beat every driver on the market and drum up some technologically advanced driver that no one has ever seen before, but to make the best driver they have ever made and grow Wilson golf in general. I wouldn't be surprised if they are successful.
    Posted:
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 14.5* (DI-7X)
    Ping G400 Crossover 19* (Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 S)
    Ping i20 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • ode1ode1  2882Members Posts: 2,882
    Joined:  #460
    Cortex looks good at address, appears to be deep face/tallish face height. Wander if DSG/GG will carry them?...that will be my only opportunity to demo!
    Posted:
  • MarkAJonesMarkAJones Jonesy  228Members Posts: 228
    Joined:  #461
    Holy Moses wrote:


    Any idea on what you think Shiels was paid to be on the show? Over six figures?




    Dream on!



    I'm guessing he's in it more for the kudos and exposure tbh. Sure, there'd be a fee but he lives round the corner from me, pretty sure being out in the States on TV tops tramping around Daisy Hill and the QuestGolf Academy.



    Fair play to him, nice guy and I'd love his ability and job, despite how some like to do him down. Jealous knockers mostly...
    Posted:
    Hart Common Golf Club, Westhoughton, United Kingdom

    WITB:

    Driver: TaylorMade 2017 M1 HZRDUS Stiff 10.5
    Hybrid: TaylorMade M1 Hybrid #2 Kuro Kage Stiff Set at 15.5
    Hybrid: TaylorMade M1 Hybrid #3 Kuro Kage Stiff Set at 18
    Hybrid: TaylorMade M1 Hybrid #4 Kuro Kage Stiff Set at 22.5
    Irons: Ping i200 5 - PW AWT 2.0 Stiff Green dot +1inch
    Wedge 1:
    Ping Glide 50 degree CFS Wedge Flex Green dot +1inch
    Wedge 2:
    Ping Glide 54 degree CFS Wedge Flex Green dot +1.25inch
    Wedge 3:
    Ping Glide 58 degree CFS Wedge Flex Green dot +1.50inch
    Putter: Ping Ketsch Cadence 375g

    Gamer Ball: Bridgestone B330RXS
  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle VA 2993Members Posts: 2,993
    Joined:  #462
    RichieHunt wrote:

    Holy Moses wrote:


    Any idea on what you think Shiels was paid to be on the show? Over six figures?




    I would be shocked if it was anything remotely close. Wilson was pretty much the sole advertiser. It's not a revenue generating show for Wilson. It's a way to get people talking about and having exposure to their products.



    Shiels is a really good addition to the show, but they don't need him and he benefits form being on a show like this because it increases his subscribers count and gets him on television where he can showcase his ability on TV, learn the ropes of television and network.



    I'd be surprised if he got anything over $25K.















    RH




    I'd guess in the middle. Six figures seems high, but <25k is insulting
    Posted:
    PING i20 10.5*
    Adams a7 19*
    PING G25 23*
    Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 5-P
    Titleist Vokey SM6 52F, 58M
    Black Lab BL-1
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • joekellijoekelli A member of the exclusive "Kingdom 14" Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio 2649Members Posts: 2,649
    Joined:  #463
    wilson-staff-cortex-driver.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1
    Posted:
    Ping G400 LST 8.5* Matrix VLCT 115+ 75xx
    TM sldr 15*  VTS 7x
    Callaway X2Hot pro 20* Tour green 75-X
    TaylorMade RSi2 5-pw CTAPER 130X
    TM EF spin 52, 56 & 60
    Putte- Machine M2A converter
    Ball- [font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Kirkland Signature or TM TP5 x[/font]
    WITB Link
  • jcorna01jcorna01  667Members Posts: 667
    Joined:  edited Nov 14, 2018 #464
    I didn't watch this season live, have it queued up on my DVR, but my initial reaction is it's a tough sell at $500 when the G400 Max sits there $100 cheaper. It is a good looking driver, though.
    Posted:
  • linkerpanlinkerpan  1458ClubWRX Posts: 1,458
    Joined:  #465
    brew4eagle wrote:
    RichieHunt wrote:

    Holy Moses wrote:


    Any idea on what you think Shiels was paid to be on the show? Over six figures?




    I would be shocked if it was anything remotely close. Wilson was pretty much the sole advertiser. It's not a revenue generating show for Wilson. It's a way to get people talking about and having exposure to their products.



    Shiels is a really good addition to the show, but they don't need him and he benefits form being on a show like this because it increases his subscribers count and gets him on television where he can showcase his ability on TV, learn the ropes of television and network.



    I'd be surprised if he got anything over $25K.















    RH




    I'd guess in the middle. Six figures seems high, but <25k is insulting




    $10k per trip plus all expenses.
    Posted:
    Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
    Tee EX10 Beta 13, 18. Hzrdus Yellow, Accra 300F
    M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
    M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
    P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
    Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
    Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350
    Snell MTB balls
    Bushnell V2 range finder
    Ping Pioneer Cart Bag
    UA Storm Stand bag

    WITB Link
  • RichieHuntRichieHunt  3859Members Posts: 3,859
    Joined:  #466
    brew4eagle wrote:

    RichieHunt wrote:

    Holy Moses wrote:


    Any idea on what you think Shiels was paid to be on the show? Over six figures?




    I would be shocked if it was anything remotely close. Wilson was pretty much the sole advertiser. It's not a revenue generating show for Wilson. It's a way to get people talking about and having exposure to their products.



    Shiels is a really good addition to the show, but they don't need him and he benefits form being on a show like this because it increases his subscribers count and gets him on television where he can showcase his ability on TV, learn the ropes of television and network.



    I'd be surprised if he got anything over $25K.















    RH




    I'd guess in the middle. Six figures seems high, but <25k is insulting




    It's not a revenue generating show. It would be insulting if they had major advertisers from other companies. They don't. The only one is Wilson. They also had to pay Roenick who has a far bigger q-rating than Shiels could ever imagine right now. And they have to pay Evan $250K



    I hope Shiels got an absurd amount of money for this. But, he would be stupid not to take even $1K per episode (provided all expenses were paid for him) if that's all Wilson offered.



    He's getting paid to do very little and that would be fun to do. But the bigger picture is that he increases his exposure which improves his q-rating. And now he has quality experience on TV so he can add that to his resume and it creates a better possibility for him to transition from the internet to TV.



    What's more appealing to another TV show....Rick Shiels who has never been on TV before with 400K YouTube subscribers or Rick Shiels that has been on TV before, is recommended by others to work on TV and now has 750K subscribers on his YouTube Channel and a higher q-rating?











    RH
    Posted:
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU  8470Members Posts: 8,470
    Joined:  #467
    brew4eagle wrote:

    RichieHunt wrote:

    Holy Moses wrote:


    Any idea on what you think Shiels was paid to be on the show? Over six figures?




    I would be shocked if it was anything remotely close. Wilson was pretty much the sole advertiser. It's not a revenue generating show for Wilson. It's a way to get people talking about and having exposure to their products.



    Shiels is a really good addition to the show, but they don't need him and he benefits form being on a show like this because it increases his subscribers count and gets him on television where he can showcase his ability on TV, learn the ropes of television and network.



    I'd be surprised if he got anything over $25K.















    RH




    I'd guess in the middle. Six figures seems high, but <25k is insulting




    i would be willing to bet he made close the that per episode.
    Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 9*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Mizuno MP-18 MB Aldila RIP SLT Tour 115X Flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 52, 58, 64
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • DavidvDavidv  851Members Posts: 851
    Joined:  #468
    Nice driver but other than being a contest winner what does it offer performance wise over the big three, short answer not much if anything.
    Posted:
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight  12343Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 12,343
    Joined:  edited Nov 14, 2018 #469
    On what level does Roenick have a bigger Q-rating than Shiels? In "guys with big player ratings in Sega NHL 95"?



    Rick has over 400,000 YouTube subscribers. The official Wilson account has 2,000 (I really thought I read that wrong so if someone finds their official account and its not the one I think it is - I retract that). JR is a nice guy and a celebrity but I'm not sure - no, I'm sure - he's not moving more golf product than Ricks YT account - and its following - is. No way. Rick gets the product in front of an instant international market that is probably right in their desired demographic.



    So this general idea that Rick should just be somehow...thankful for the exposure and should take what he can get? Nah, that doesnt wash with me.
    Posted:
    M3 12* - Aldila Rogue Elite Green 65x
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Yes Callie i4 35" / Chromesoft Truvis
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU  8470Members Posts: 8,470
    Joined:  #470
    dcmidnight wrote:


    On what level does Roenick have a bigger Q-rating than Shiels? In "guys with big player ratings in Sega NHL 95"?



    Rick has over 400,000 YouTube subscribers. The official Wilson account has 2,000 (I really thought I read that wrong so if someone finds their official account and its not the one I think it is - I retract that). JR is a nice guy and a celebrity but I'm not sure - no, I'm sure - he's not moving more golf product than Ricks YT account - and its following - is. No way. Rick gets the product in front of an instant international market that is probably right in their desired demographic.



    So this general idea that Rick should just be somehow...thankful for the exposure and should take what he can get? Nah, that doesnt wash with me.




    I wonder if Rick will put this driver in his bag, that will be a true killer if he does not.
    Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 9*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Mizuno MP-18 MB Aldila RIP SLT Tour 115X Flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 52, 58, 64
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight  12343Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 12,343
    Joined:  #471
    QuigleyDU wrote:


    wonder if Rick will put this driver in his bag, that will be a true killer if he does not.




    Certainly have to think he will do an in depth review of it. Sometimes he will close his reviews by saying he could certainly see himself bagging it - then a few months go by and no one notices that said club isnt in his bag.



    BTW I'm not saying that Roenick is not a famous person. Clearly he is. But RS is miles ahead of him in terms of people who can help publicize product.
    Posted:
    M3 12* - Aldila Rogue Elite Green 65x
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Yes Callie i4 35" / Chromesoft Truvis
  • BrianMcGBrianMcG  2376Members Posts: 2,376
    Joined:  #472
    Holy Moses wrote:


    Any idea on what you think Shiels was paid to be on the show? Over six figures?




    He got paid in YouTube likes. &#55357;&#56397;&#55356;&#57339;
    Posted:
    Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
    Bobby: I play because I love it.
    Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle VA 2993Members Posts: 2,993
    Joined:  #473
    RichieHunt wrote:

    brew4eagle wrote:

    RichieHunt wrote:

    Holy Moses wrote:


    Any idea on what you think Shiels was paid to be on the show? Over six figures?




    I would be shocked if it was anything remotely close. Wilson was pretty much the sole advertiser. It's not a revenue generating show for Wilson. It's a way to get people talking about and having exposure to their products.



    Shiels is a really good addition to the show, but they don't need him and he benefits form being on a show like this because it increases his subscribers count and gets him on television where he can showcase his ability on TV, learn the ropes of television and network.



    I'd be surprised if he got anything over $25K.















    RH




    I'd guess in the middle. Six figures seems high, but <25k is insulting




    It's not a revenue generating show. It would be insulting if they had major advertisers from other companies. They don't. The only one is Wilson. They also had to pay Roenick who has a far bigger q-rating than Shiels could ever imagine right now. And they have to pay Evan $250K



    I hope Shiels got an absurd amount of money for this. But, he would be stupid not to take even $1K per episode (provided all expenses were paid for him) if that's all Wilson offered.



    He's getting paid to do very little and that would be fun to do. But the bigger picture is that he increases his exposure which improves his q-rating. And now he has quality experience on TV so he can add that to his resume and it creates a better possibility for him to transition from the internet to TV.



    What's more appealing to another TV show....Rick Shiels who has never been on TV before with 400K YouTube subscribers or Rick Shiels that has been on TV before, is recommended by others to work on TV and now has 750K subscribers on his YouTube Channel and a higher q-rating?











    RH


    You're not giving Shiels enough credit and I disagree that 'he's doing very little'.

    Between the travel hrs, filming hrs, his expertise, etc. <25k is a gross underestimate. The more I think about something in the very low 6 figures sounds about right.
    Posted:
    PING i20 10.5*
    Adams a7 19*
    PING G25 23*
    Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 5-P
    Titleist Vokey SM6 52F, 58M
    Black Lab BL-1
  • munichopmunichop  297Members Posts: 297
    Joined:  #474
    My wife and I watched the entire season. Again I think manufacturing costs dictated the final decision. After the final revisions the Roswell appeared to get worse. I prefer shallower heads but the deeper face seemed to help the Cortex on mishits. As others have said $500 is pretty steep for this club. I have a F6+ that looks almost the same from the top that I paid $110 for. If the shafts add that much they should have started at $300 and offered a shaft upgrade. I have a TS2 on CL for 425 and it is brand new and only a few nibbles. I expect Wilson will sell less than 500 of these at this price. Wilson seems stuck as a brand your grandfather used when it comes to golf. Their irons are good- still have a set of fg-17s, but the rest of their lineup seems "BIg Box Store" to me. I don't know how they fix that but having a driver show every 2 years is not enough.
    Posted:
  • RichieHuntRichieHunt  3859Members Posts: 3,859
    Joined:  #475
    dcmidnight wrote:


    On what level does Roenick have a bigger Q-rating than Shiels? In "guys with big player ratings in Sega NHL 95"?




    Really?



    He's about to make the NHL Hall of Fame and was one of the most popular players in the NHL for over 20 years playing in Chicago (3rd largest city in the US), Philly (5th largest city in the US), LA (2nd largest city in the US) and Phoenix.



    There's a reason why Wilson had him on and it wasn't because of his golf ability. I can assure you if I asked 100 people at my private club who Roenick was and who Rick Shiels is, Shiels would lose by a long shot.















    RH
    Posted:
  • 5hort5tuff5hort5tuff  3469Members Posts: 3,469
    Joined:  #476
    munichop wrote:


    My wife and I watched the entire season. Again I think manufacturing costs dictated the final decision. After the final revisions the Roswell appeared to get worse. I prefer shallower heads but the deeper face seemed to help the Cortex on mishits. As others have said $500 is pretty steep for this club. I have a F6+ that looks almost the same from the top that I paid $110 for. If the shafts add that much they should have started at $300 and offered a shaft upgrade. I have a TS2 on CL for 425 and it is brand new and only a few nibbles. I expect Wilson will sell less than 500 of these at this price. Wilson seems stuck as a brand your grandfather used when it comes to golf. Their irons are good- still have a set of fg-17s, but the rest of their lineup seems "BIg Box Store" to me. I don't know how they fix that but having a driver show every 2 years is not enough.




    I also think it will sell poorly at that price. I can't imagine anyone taking the Cortex over any 1 year old model from one of the big guys. At 499....you are only really attracting WS die yards.
    Posted:
    COBRA LTD w. Hzrdus Red
    WISHON 919 w. Hzrdus Red
    TAYLORMADE Issue Aeroburner w. Tensei Blue
    PING G25 w. Tensei Blue
    PING I200 w. AWT 2.0
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth
    MannKrafted Carbon WB Rattler
    Xenon Copper Wide X
    SGC 902
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU  8470Members Posts: 8,470
    Joined:  edited Nov 14, 2018 #477
    dcmidnight wrote:

    QuigleyDU wrote:


    wonder if Rick will put this driver in his bag, that will be a true killer if he does not.




    Certainly have to think he will do an in depth review of it. Sometimes he will close his reviews by saying he could certainly see himself bagging it - then a few months go by and no one notices that said club isnt in his bag.



    BTW I'm not saying that Roenick is not a famous person. Clearly he is. But RS is miles ahead of him in terms of people who can help publicize product.




    he says he "could bag" almost every driver he tries. but what has he been playing almost all year? the ping g400 LST.



    I am surprised that he has not dropped his review already today. that would have been very wise for him and the driver.
    Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 9*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Mizuno MP-18 MB Aldila RIP SLT Tour 115X Flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 52, 58, 64
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Darth_BladerDarth_Blader  1002Members Posts: 1,002
    Joined:  #478
    I watched last nights episode. First one. I made the mistake of taping the 9pm show instead of the 8pm show. First commercial break, Wilson's new driver The Cortex!



    No sense finishing the episode!
    Posted:
    Cobra F9 9* Rogue 125msi
    TM M3 3HL Thump FW
    Vsteel 5w 7W06
    Vsteel 7w Rogue 80
    Ping S55 4-PW DG TI X100
    Scratch 8620 50* DG x100
    Vokey SM6 56* DG S400
    Scratch 8620 TI 60 DG S400
    Odyssey LE PT10 KBS CT Shaft

  • Holy MosesHoly Moses  10655Members Posts: 10,655
    Joined:  #479
    Davidv wrote:


    Nice driver but other than being a contest winner what does it offer performance wise over the big three, short answer not much if anything.




    We don’t know that yet
    Posted:
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 14.5* (DI-7X)
    Ping G400 Crossover 19* (Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 S)
    Ping i20 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • Holy MosesHoly Moses  10655Members Posts: 10,655
    Joined:  #480


    I watched last nights episode. First one. I made the mistake of taping the 9pm show instead of the 8pm show. First commercial break, Wilson's new driver The Cortex!



    No sense finishing the episode!




    If it makes you feell any better, the Golf Channel put a popup ad on the show announcing the winner before it was revealed live
    Posted:
    Ping G30 LS Tec 10* (DI-6X)
    Ping G30 3W 14.5* (DI-7X)
    Ping G400 Crossover 19* (Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 S)
    Ping i20 4-UW (PX 6.0)
    Ping Glide 2.0 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
    Ping Vault Arna
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • kmay__kmay__ niagara, ontario, canada.  393Members Posts: 393
    Joined:  #481
    Maybe Wilson will take my Triton back and give me a Cortex to try...... image/stink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':stink:' />
    Posted:
    TM 17' M2 9.5*
    Cobra Baffler 3w 16*
    PING G30 4h 22*
    TM R11 5 - PW
    Mizuno MP-T5 50*, 54*
    Callaway PM Grind 60* (the greasy Phil)
    SC studio select Newport 2 mid-slant
19

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.