Driver vs Driver 2

13468919

Comments

  • Double GeeDouble Gee Members Posts: 1,081 ✭✭
    Personally I think it's a great show and very enjoyable. The technology to 3D print these heads from metal powder then get them to perform is mind-blowing!.



    Incredible the difference between them in noise and feel is interesting.



    Just a shame some of the dumb negative comments in this thread couldn't be more subjective in their outlook. If Woods or Speith were doing the exact same in this show the Hard-Ons for the results would be

    spectacular.
  • Double GeeDouble Gee Members Posts: 1,081 ✭✭
    zebra2955 wrote:


    Does anyone actually watch this show thinking they are really looking to buy whatever driver that wins ?




    Depending on the price, then yes why not?



    Anything is better than a twisted face or a million bucks PXG.
  • RichieHuntRichieHunt Members Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    rainkingjr wrote:


    Funny hearing Tim Clark talk about these drivers having to stand up to 127mph tour swings. Like anyone on tour is going to bag one. image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' />




    Unless Cameron Champ is under a Wilson contract, none of them are consistently swinging at 127 mph.













    RH
  • Double GeeDouble Gee Members Posts: 1,081 ✭✭
    Walkerdb7 wrote:


    Hi All, My name is Jon and I work for EOS 3D printing. My company supported this week's episode of the show. Ti 3D printing was used to build the prototypes used for show.



    I am happy to answer any questions anyone has!



    Here's an article about the upcoming episdoe:



    [url="http://Hi All, My name is Jon and I work for EOS 3D printing. My company supported this week"]https://golfweek.com...-in-drivers-ed/[/url]




    Jon, the whole 3D printing experience I find mind-blowing. To make a working prototype type from 'powder' is truly ingenious. I'm not sure posters ion this thread realise the step forward your company have made.



    Wilson have taken a bashing from a few here, but can I assume that their R&D is as good as anyone's?
  • bogeyprobogeypro The Original Bogeypro ALClubWRX Posts: 3,260 ClubWRX
    Double Gee wrote:

    Walkerdb7 wrote:


    Hi All, My name is Jon and I work for EOS 3D printing. My company supported this week's episode of the show. Ti 3D printing was used to build the prototypes used for show.



    I am happy to answer any questions anyone has!



    Here's an article about the upcoming episdoe:



    [url="http://Hi All, My name is Jon and I work for EOS 3D printing. My company supported this week"]https://golfweek.com...-in-drivers-ed/[/url]




    Jon, the whole 3D printing experience I find mind-blowing. To make a working prototype type from 'powder' is truly ingenious. I'm not sure posters ion this thread realise the step forward your company have made.



    Wilson have taken a bashing from a few here, but can I assume that their R&D is as good as anyone's?




    Hard to say unless we are told what other companies are doing in their R&D. Personally, I would find it hard to believe that Wilson (who has virtually no market share in golf) would spend mor in r&d than say Callaway, Taylor made, ping.



    This show definitely has better production value than last year, but this show won’t sway my opinion of Wilson clubs.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 
    Titleist TS2 15* 
    Mizuno JPX 850 2 hybrid
    Mizuno MP 18 SC 4-pw
    Mizuno T7 50/55/60 wedges
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m
  • RichieHuntRichieHunt Members Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The big theme was the sound of the club. It's pretty apparent that the pros didn't like the Triton because of the sound and the closed face as they kept mentioning that whenever they tried one of the drivers. However, I wonder what the sound is going to actually be like when it is real metal and titanium instead of a 3D printed prototype. I thought the Roswell sounded the worst, but appeared to have performed the best.



    And I'm glad the pros said they liked the Roswell name. Having worked in marketing for 15 years I understand the concept of naming products and how a bad name can destroy a product's chances. But, usually that's a product with such a goofy or negative connotation to it...or it's something that is difficult to pronounce. Did the name 'Epic' or 'Rogue' help or hurt Callaways chances of selling the club? How about the M1, M2, M3 or M4? Or the Ping Eye 2?



    Shiels gets it more than Clarke, but they really need somebody with a quality advertising/marketing background who knows golf really well. Otherwise, shut up about the marketing perspective because you really sound like an idiot.



    Anyway, they did get rid of the right driver. I was tickled to hear Brendan Steele say he hits a 3-wood far worse than a driver (many Tour pros do). And I think the clear leaders in the group are the driver which is using all of this carbon fiber to put more weight in certain key areas of the club, Jeremy Chell's 'hood' driver' and the Roswell.



    And yes, if the winner's driver has the performance and features that I'm interested in...I would give it a try.















    RH
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    bogeypro wrote:

    Double Gee wrote:

    Walkerdb7 wrote:


    Hi All, My name is Jon and I work for EOS 3D printing. My company supported this week's episode of the show. Ti 3D printing was used to build the prototypes used for show.



    I am happy to answer any questions anyone has!



    Here's an article about the upcoming episdoe:



    [url="http://Hi All, My name is Jon and I work for EOS 3D printing. My company supported this week"]https://golfweek.com...-in-drivers-ed/[/url]




    Jon, the whole 3D printing experience I find mind-blowing. To make a working prototype type from 'powder' is truly ingenious. I'm not sure posters ion this thread realise the step forward your company have made.



    Wilson have taken a bashing from a few here, but can I assume that their R&D is as good as anyone's?




    Hard to say unless we are told what other companies are doing in their R&D. Personally, I would find it hard to believe that Wilson (who has virtually no market share in golf) would spend mor in r&d than say Callaway, Taylor made, ping.



    This show definitely has better production value than last year, but this show won’t sway my opinion of Wilson clubs.




    I would agree that w/s r&d budget and marketing budget doesn’t match Callaway, titleist and TM. I also think r&d budgets aren’t getting bigger either and more money is going into marketing since the cost of clubs really hasn’t moved much. If r&d increased while also increasing the marketing budget we would see club prices jump up a lot. W/S tried a few years ago to do a hybrid with no constraints and they couldn’t release it because retail cost would have been way to high
  • GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic Members Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Double Gee wrote:



    Gotta feel for the Wilson pros. Some of the drivers are just straight junk.




    Possibly, but their V6 irons are one of the best made.



    But I guess because it's isn't badged with TaylorMade or Callaway, then not many would even try them.


    Don’t get me wrong I like Wilson clubs. I’ve used the FGTour100 in the past and their wedges are very slept on. But their drivers are horrible.
    Cobra F9 10° w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black 60 6.0
    TM M2 DF 16.5° w/ Diamana W80X
    Cobra F9 4 Iron w/ AD IZ 95X
    Miura CB57 4-PW w/ KBS Tour 130X
    Vokey SM4 52°/ Cleveland RTX 2.0 Raw 56°/ Vokey Proto 60° w/ DG Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Red 34"
  • A.G. Pennypacker A.G. Pennypacker Members Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Oct 17, 2018 #160
    Double Gee wrote:


    Personally I think it's a great show and very enjoyable. The technology to 3D print these heads from metal powder then get them to perform is mind-blowing!.



    Incredible the difference between them in noise and feel is interesting.



    Just a shame some of the dumb negative comments in this thread couldn't be more subjective in their outlook. If Woods or Speith were doing the exact same in this show the Hard-Ons for the results would be

    spectacular.




    I think you mean objective. Regardless, I'm one of the negative commenters, and at least for me - you're wrong. The show is absolutely painful to watch, and Woods or Spieth wouldn't change that. It's got all the bad ingredients that most reality shows have these days, but none of the rewarding qualities, or even drama. They have to fabricate that entirely, and it's super lame (IMO).



    It's ok that you like it, lots of people do otherwise they wouldn't produce a 2nd season.... but to assume that other people don't like it because it's got Wilson clubs (or doesn't have big enough golf personalities in it) is perhaps missing the mark a bit.
  • MychMych Members Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Oct 17, 2018 #161

    Double Gee wrote:


    Personally I think it's a great show and very enjoyable. The technology to 3D print these heads from metal powder then get them to perform is mind-blowing!.



    Incredible the difference between them in noise and feel is interesting.



    Just a shame some of the dumb negative comments in this thread couldn't be more subjective in their outlook. If Woods or Speith were doing the exact same in this show the Hard-Ons for the results would be

    spectacular.




    I think you mean objective. Regardless, I'm one of the negative commenters, and at least for me - you're wrong. The show is absolutely painful to watch, and Woods or Spieth wouldn't change that. It's got all the bad ingredients that most reality shows have these days, but none of the rewarding qualities, or even drama. They have to fabricate that entirely, and it's super lame (IMO).



    It's ok that you like it, lots of people do otherwise they wouldn't produce a 2nd season.... but to assume that other people don't like it because it's got Wilson clubs (or doesn't have big enough golf personalities in it) is perhaps missing the mark a bit.




    Agree on Woods or Speith, but if Cobra created a show with DeChambeau designing a driver (or any club), it would be a must watch for me.
    "Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
    Main bag: Cobra Fly-Z 9.5~ F6 Baffler 16 ~ Baffler 2h ~ Forged Tec One 3i ~ King Forged One 4-P ~ King 50-V, 56-V wedges ~ Ping Tatum putter
    6 club minimalist: Cobra Forged Tec One 3i ~ Forged One 5/7/9 ~ Cleveland 588 Diadic 53* wedge ~ Ping Tatum putter ~ Silo Club Carrier
  • Mtngolfer1Mtngolfer1 Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not surprised by all the negative comments, I get it, but the show offers some very good insight into the process and a look a some really cool technology. 3D printed Titanium Heads that's cool stuff! I am enjoying it.
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Mtngolfer1 wrote:


    I am not surprised by all the negative comments, I get it, but the show offers some very good insight into the process and a look a some really cool technology. 3D printed Titanium Heads that's cool stuff! I am enjoying it.




    What process? We don’t get to see the discussions with r&d team to see the tweaks and why, just told they spent 4 months with the engineers. The 3d part was the most interesting aspect to the show yesterday.
  • getitdailygetitdaily Members Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭✭✭✭


    6 months after the release, pick up the driver for $60, pull the shaft and pitch the head. Rinse and repeat. Works for me!




    The reason I have two 125msi rogues!
  • getitdailygetitdaily Members Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Oct 17, 2018 #165
    RichieHunt wrote:


    The big theme was the sound of the club. It's pretty apparent that the pros didn't like the Triton because of the sound and the closed face as they kept mentioning that whenever they tried one of the drivers. However, I wonder what the sound is going to actually be like when it is real metal and titanium instead of a 3D printed prototype. I thought the Roswell sounded the worst, but appeared to have performed the best.



    And I'm glad the pros said they liked the Roswell name. Having worked in marketing for 15 years I understand the concept of naming products and how a bad name can destroy a product's chances. But, usually that's a product with such a goofy or negative connotation to it...or it's something that is difficult to pronounce. Did the name 'Epic' or 'Rogue' help or hurt Callaways chances of selling the club? How about the M1, M2, M3 or M4? Or the Ping Eye 2?



    Shiels gets it more than Clarke, but they really need somebody with a quality advertising/marketing background who knows golf really well. Otherwise, shut up about the marketing perspective because you really sound like an idiot.



    Anyway, they did get rid of the right driver. I was tickled to hear Brendan Steele say he hits a 3-wood far worse than a driver (many Tour pros do). And I think the clear leaders in the group are the driver which is using all of this carbon fiber to put more weight in certain key areas of the club, Jeremy Chell's 'hood' driver' and the Roswell.



    And yes, if the winner's driver has the performance and features that I'm interested in...I would give it a try.















    RH




    Agree here.



    Heck, I even hit the Triton last year because I wanted to see how it performed. There was something neat about seeing some guy design a club, seeing it go through r&d, then seeing it get prototyped, then seeing it on the rack that was just cool to me.



    I didn't demo titleist, callaway, or cobra last year. But I demoed wilson...



    It's too bad that Wilson lumped themselves into Walmart golf. My 1st set of clubs were wilsons. I'm a brand loyalist. I played the fat shaft forged. But from there, Wilson was kind of dead. That led me to mizuno irons. I may never look back.
  • JohnKHawkJohnKHawk Members Posts: 756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will be great to see which driver comes out on top. Whichever one it is I'll probably be able to find it on online 6 months later for about $149.95 or less.



    Do any tour pro's game a Wilson driver? Some have tried but seldom do they stick with it. Irons are a different story. I haven't tried them but by all I've heard & read they are very good.
  • RichieHuntRichieHunt Members Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    getitdaily wrote:

    RichieHunt wrote:


    The big theme was the sound of the club. It's pretty apparent that the pros didn't like the Triton because of the sound and the closed face as they kept mentioning that whenever they tried one of the drivers. However, I wonder what the sound is going to actually be like when it is real metal and titanium instead of a 3D printed prototype. I thought the Roswell sounded the worst, but appeared to have performed the best.



    And I'm glad the pros said they liked the Roswell name. Having worked in marketing for 15 years I understand the concept of naming products and how a bad name can destroy a product's chances. But, usually that's a product with such a goofy or negative connotation to it...or it's something that is difficult to pronounce. Did the name 'Epic' or 'Rogue' help or hurt Callaways chances of selling the club? How about the M1, M2, M3 or M4? Or the Ping Eye 2?



    Shiels gets it more than Clarke, but they really need somebody with a quality advertising/marketing background who knows golf really well. Otherwise, shut up about the marketing perspective because you really sound like an idiot.



    Anyway, they did get rid of the right driver. I was tickled to hear Brendan Steele say he hits a 3-wood far worse than a driver (many Tour pros do). And I think the clear leaders in the group are the driver which is using all of this carbon fiber to put more weight in certain key areas of the club, Jeremy Chell's 'hood' driver' and the Roswell.



    And yes, if the winner's driver has the performance and features that I'm interested in...I would give it a try.















    RH




    Agree here.



    Heck, I even hit the Triton last year because I wanted to see how it performed. There was something neat about seeing some guy design a club, seeing it go through r&d, then seeing it get prototyped, then seeing it on the rack that was just cool to me.



    I didn't demo titleist, callaway, or cobra last year. But I demoed wilson...



    It's too bad that Wilson lumped themselves into Walmart golf. My 1st set of clubs were wilsons. I'm a brand loyalist. I played the fat shaft forged. But from there, Wilson was kind of dead. That led me to mizuno irons. I may never look back.




    The reason why I have interest in a club if the performance appears to be legitimately there is that it's easy for Golf R&D engineers to get stuck in a bubble and think a certain way whether it be the typical golf engineer way or the Wilson R&D team way.



    Karsten Solheim didn't have a golf engineering background and really pioneered perimeter weight concept, square grooves and a fitting system among other things. He had a fresh view of what could be done and it really took.



    The same here with Driver vs. Driver. I don't know of anybody that has come up with Jeremy Chell's hood idea. If he can get the hood to stay (and I think it wouldn't be that difficult), Wilson would have a driver that has the greatest degree of freedom to put weight in the head by different locations and can be more tailor made to get the CoG and the MOI exactly where a golfer needs it.



    Even Evan Freeman's idea is a bit different from what we've seen and it makes a lot of sense. Use as much carbon fiber to get areas of the head as light as possible so they can put more weight on to the head where it's more important to have weight.



    And then the Roswell driver which is on a different planet.





    The problem I had with the first season is that they were trying to convince us that hacks were hitting it 340 all of the sudden and they didn't seek out enough of the top players to see what they thought because that's what most golfers, even 10 handicaps tend to look at...what are the pros hitting?





    Then they tried to incorporate GI features to the Triton with the aim line which no good player ever uses and having such a closed face.



    Ugh.











    RH
  • rainkingjrrainkingjr Members Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Oct 17, 2018 #168
    I disagree that people don't like the show because it's WIlson. I absolutley love Wilson Staff products. Even some of their more recent woods have been nice. The F5 driver and I've heard good things about the C300 and C200 woods. With that being said, Wilson is **** the pooch with this show. The concept isn't bad, but the execution has been horrible starting with the folks evaluating the designs. It's unbearable to watch. And bringing in the guy who designed the Triton? For what? That thing shouldn't have been chosen over the Pivot.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • ago33ago33 Members Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Investing in a bunch of hacks or a 9 million dollar super computer.



    That’s why Callaway makes the best drivers in the biz
    Cobra F9 Speedback 9.................................Mitsubishi PO 70 TX
    Tour Edge CBX 13.5.......................................Rombax P95 X
    Tour Edge CBX 18..........................................Rombax P95 X
    Mizuno MP-18 FliHi 4,5................................DGTIX100
    Mizuno MP-25 6-9........................................DGTIX100
    Callaway MD Forged 46, 50, 56, 60........DGTIS400
    Scotty Cameron 5.5M...................................Grip Master
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    ago33 wrote:


    Investing in a bunch of hacks or a 9 million dollar super computer.



    That’s why Callaway makes the best drivers in the biz




    And yet for many g400 line and m family are beating out the rogue and epic. Heck Callaway shelved promotion if eoic once rogue came out abd it wasn’t even designed to be the replacement for epic
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    ago33 wrote:


    Investing in a bunch of hacks or a 9 million dollar super computer.



    That’s why Callaway makes the best drivers in the biz


    Wilson should go the pxg route with the next show.



    Steal a bunch of Ping engineers and have them design the next W/S clubs on driver vs. driver 3.
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    SubaruWRX wrote:

    ago33 wrote:


    Investing in a bunch of hacks or a 9 million dollar super computer.



    That’s why Callaway makes the best drivers in the biz


    Wilson should go the pxg route with the next show.



    Steal a bunch of Ping engineers and have them design the next W/S clubs on driver vs. driver 3.




    Would they get to stay on Phoenix?
  • Mtngolfer1Mtngolfer1 Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Oct 18, 2018 #173
    GOGO.......I found the discussion with the 3D printing company interesting,seeing the 3D printed prototype as a working hittable prototype was cool IMHO, We are seeing the process from a 30000 Ft view I can't believe any company is going to show the details of their entire process. I also found it interesting when the R&D specialist stated that they were unable to show a certain view of technology on TV It left me wondering what this possible break through or possible infringement could be. I enjoy the show and will continue to tune in, those that don't can turn the channel for an hour Tuesday evening.
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Happened to catch some of the show yesterday and on the last driver (the winner IIRC) one of the guys hit it 256 carry with 111 swing speed and, I believe, he, (or it might have been someone else) said something like "Wow, good numbers",,,,,,, and I'm like "Whaaaaaaaat ?
    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G400 19* hybrid Stiff 70 Stock shaft

    Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 48*, 52* 56*, 60* DGS300
    Taylormade Tour Spider Black (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX
  • Walkerdb7Walkerdb7 Members Posts: 400 ✭✭
    edited Oct 18, 2018 #175
    CKalma wrote:

    Yepyukon wrote:


    Glad the trackman gave actual numers this time. I remember last year when they went to some charity golf tournament and the amateurs were hitting it like 340.




    They were also wildly inconsistent numbers. I know only 2 or 3 shots with a driver and shaft they're all unfamiliar with, but with a repetitive swing you would think the numbers would be closer. I think it was Barnes who had them spinning 2500-4000+rpms.

    rainkingjr wrote:


    Funny hearing Tim Clark talk about these drivers having to stand up to 127mph tour swings. Like anyone on tour is going to bag one. image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' />





    The numbers from Trackman were cool to see.



    The Roswell's numbers were better than most of the remainders, I think




    Hi All, I was at the filming of this segment and I have notes...



    - The 3DP Ti prototypes were made as 1 piece. There was NOT a separate crown, sole, and face like a production club. The one exception was the model with the composite crown. We separately 3D printed a Nylon / Composite hybrid material for a crown and glued it on. The face, sole, and mounting area for the crown were build as a unibody.

    - The weight chips were also put into a "Neutral" position and built into the design with Ti. The weight chips were not independent pieces made of tungsten, steel, etc

    - This was the first time PGA Tour level swings were tested with 3D printed clubs

    - The purpose of the 3D printing was to make a minimum viable product for a test phase. It was not to make a club that perfectly mimicked a retail model, which we could have done.



    What am I getting at?

    - These "early stage prototypes" are going to perform differently than "proto" clubs you buy on WRX or are in PGA guy bags.

    - They are probably 90% accurate compared to a late stage prototype or a retail club

    - When Tim Clark commented about the swing speed, that was a comment about the robustness of our parts. Not what Wilson staffer is playing what
    G400 SFT - Kuro Kage S
    Tour Exotics XG7 3W Fuel Tour
    Tour Exotics XG7 Hybrid Fuel Tour
    4i - G Crossover
    5-PW Ping G Nippon S NS 105
    Cameron Select GoLo Heavy
    Vokey SM6 50, 54, 58
  • Walkerdb7Walkerdb7 Members Posts: 400 ✭✭
    Mtngolfer1 wrote:


    GOGO.......I found the discussion with the 3D printing company interesting,seeing the 3D printed prototype as a working hittable prototype was cool IMHO, We are seeing the process from a 30000 Ft view I can't believe any company is going to show the details of their entire process. I also found it interesting when the R&D specialist stated that they were unable to show a certain view of technology on TV It left me wondering what this possible break through or possible infringement could be. I enjoy the show and will continue to tune in, those that don't can turn the channel for an hour Tuesday evening.




    I am Jon from EOS and was featured in the episode. Please let me know if you have any questions! I'd love to help educate everyone.
    G400 SFT - Kuro Kage S
    Tour Exotics XG7 3W Fuel Tour
    Tour Exotics XG7 Hybrid Fuel Tour
    4i - G Crossover
    5-PW Ping G Nippon S NS 105
    Cameron Select GoLo Heavy
    Vokey SM6 50, 54, 58
  • Walkerdb7Walkerdb7 Members Posts: 400 ✭✭
    GoGoErky wrote:

    Mtngolfer1 wrote:


    I am not surprised by all the negative comments, I get it, but the show offers some very good insight into the process and a look a some really cool technology. 3D printed Titanium Heads that's cool stuff! I am enjoying it.




    What process? We don't get to see the discussions with r&d team to see the tweaks and why, just told they spent 4 months with the engineers. The 3d part was the most interesting aspect to the show yesterday.




    DMLS 3D Printing. The clubs were built on an EOS M290 machine with a standard Ti64 material.
    G400 SFT - Kuro Kage S
    Tour Exotics XG7 3W Fuel Tour
    Tour Exotics XG7 Hybrid Fuel Tour
    4i - G Crossover
    5-PW Ping G Nippon S NS 105
    Cameron Select GoLo Heavy
    Vokey SM6 50, 54, 58
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    It was pretty funny when that one driver kept slicing with all the testers. Haha
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • irvtrainirvtrain Denver, COMembers Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Walkerdb7, thanks for the info and insight. Do you think 3d printing is viable option down the road to produce golf clubs? Do you think further down the road, people could use online templates to create their own drivers and have them built via 3d printing? This is an awesome concept and could be the future of specialized clubs.
  • Walkerdb7Walkerdb7 Members Posts: 400 ✭✭
    irvtrain wrote:


    Walkerdb7, thanks for the info and insight. Do you think 3d printing is viable option down the road to produce golf clubs? Do you think further down the road, people could use online templates to create their own drivers and have them built via 3d printing? This is an awesome concept and could be the future of specialized clubs.




    Absolutely.



    Right now when we buy "custom fitted" clubs we are just buying a stock product adjusted to fit our swings. 3D printing would allow us to actually customize the products. Imagine doing an iron fitting and actually being able to customize the top line thickness, blade length, or CG location.



    It would be the different between buying a suit and having it tailored and buying a bespoke suit made to measure.
    G400 SFT - Kuro Kage S
    Tour Exotics XG7 3W Fuel Tour
    Tour Exotics XG7 Hybrid Fuel Tour
    4i - G Crossover
    5-PW Ping G Nippon S NS 105
    Cameron Select GoLo Heavy
    Vokey SM6 50, 54, 58
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 7,435 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Walkerdb7 wrote:

    irvtrain wrote:


    Walkerdb7, thanks for the info and insight. Do you think 3d printing is viable option down the road to produce golf clubs? Do you think further down the road, people could use online templates to create their own drivers and have them built via 3d printing? This is an awesome concept and could be the future of specialized clubs.




    Absolutely.



    Right now when we buy "custom fitted" clubs we are just buying a stock product adjusted to fit our swings. 3D printing would allow us to actually customize the products. Imagine doing an iron fitting and actually being able to customize the top line thickness, blade length, or CG location.



    It would be the different between buying a suit and having it tailored and buying a bespoke suit made to measure.




    right and that driver will cost $3500!
    Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: Cobra F9 Tour, GD TOUR AD-DI 8X 
    3 iron Cobra King Utility
    4-PW cobra King pro CBs KBS $ taper 130g X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 50 , 55, 60
    PUTTER; Carbon Ringo welded long neck.
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file