2019 UA Golf Shoes?

Comments

• cubuffscubuffs Members Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭
    I pulled the trigger on a pair of the Hovr woven  while on vacation in Arizona and wearing them this morning.  Will report back post round.
  • MinaretsMinarets Members Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Well?

Driver: TaylorMade M3
    Irons: PXG 0311 4-GW
    Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17*, 19*
    Wedges: Callaway PM Grind 54*, 58*
    Putter: Ping Ketcsh  
    Bag: Titleist Players 4 (Green)
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-x
  • IvyguyIvyguy Members Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Minarets said:
    Well?

..."we're waiting"

Couldn't resist.

@cubuffs said:
    I pulled the trigger on a pair of the Hovr woven  while on vacation in Arizona and wearing them this morning.  Will report back post round.

Apologies, was our last day in Scottsdale and with a sunny afternoon took advantage of some pool time before flying back to Nashville this morning.

Overall, couldn’t have been more impressed. As mentioned in earlier posts, i use the Hovr running shoes for working out and mild running and absolutely love them. Have been eagerly anticipating the shoe, and after one round very impressed. Thankfully, the climate of Scottsdale was good as it was dry and firm so no fear of getting these muddy. The little bit of dust and dirt they had on, cleaned up with nothing more than just a wet paper towel. Seems the fabric already has some type of coating that I hope will hold up and resist stains. That said, don’t believe I will be wearing these frequently with what has been a very wet and muddy spring here in Nashville.

As for comfort, the shoes are very light and as others have mentioned, do feel a bit spongy in a good way. Although we rode yesterday I feel these would be a great shoe to walk the course and they provide the necessary support/stability when swinging.

Overall, a very big fan and I do not regret the purchase at all. I’m also interested in the clarino, but the blue and red color way is not my favorite, so hoping they release these in more of a neutral gray color similar to the woven.

Let me know if you have any other questions, more than happy to answer them.

• MinaretsMinarets Members Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Mar 24, 2019 3:59pm #336

Oh sweet. A fellow Nashvillian. Did you pick them up locally? Haven’t seen them available here.

Never mind. See you bought them in Arizona.

Driver: TaylorMade M3
    Irons: PXG 0311 4-GW
    Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17*, 19*
    Wedges: Callaway PM Grind 54*, 58*
    Putter: Ping Ketcsh  
    Bag: Titleist Players 4 (Green)
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-x

@Minarets said:
    Oh sweet. A fellow Nashvillian. Did you pick them up locally? Haven’t seen them available here.

Never mind. See you bought them in Arizona.

Yes, picked them up at Troon North. They had just gotten in a day before, and were the first pair sold.

• Kirch17Kirch17 Members Posts: 102 ✭✭✭

I'll have my wide HOVR drives in white this weekend. FYI I chatted with UA customer service and they said they are unsure if the woven model will be available in wide.

• ICCICC Members Posts: 15 ✭✭

@cubuffs said:

@cubuffs said:

Apologies, was our last day in Scottsdale and with a sunny afternoon took advantage of some pool time before flying back to Nashville this morning.

Overall, couldn’t have been more impressed. As mentioned in earlier posts, i use the Hovr running shoes for working out and mild running and absolutely love them. Have been eagerly anticipating the shoe, and after one round very impressed. Thankfully, the climate of Scottsdale was good as it was dry and firm so no fear of getting these muddy. The little bit of dust and dirt they had on, cleaned up with nothing more than just a wet paper towel. Seems the fabric already has some type of coating that I hope will hold up and resist stains. That said, don’t believe I will be wearing these frequently with what has been a very wet and muddy spring here in Nashville.

As for comfort, the shoes are very light and as others have mentioned, do feel a bit spongy in a good way. Although we rode yesterday I feel these would be a great shoe to walk the course and they provide the necessary support/stability when swinging.

Overall, a very big fan and I do not regret the purchase at all. I’m also interested in the clarino, but the blue and red color way is not my favorite, so hoping they release these in more of a neutral gray color similar to the woven.

Let me know if you have any other questions, more than happy to answer them.

Just pulled the trigger on this same model. Thanks for the review.

• th6252th6252 Members Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

just ordered a pair of hovr drives(clarino). hoping they fit right as you hardly ever see size 7 in stock locally, only got a chance to try on the 7.5's which were slightly too large. they felt awesome though otherwise.

• mcasella08mcasella08 Members Posts: 84 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had a problem with the UA shoes losing waterproofing quicker than others?

• Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Barring these Ecco Biom or Puma NXT Pro's being incredible, I think my shoes this year will be UA Showndowns. They feel incredible on my feet now I just have to hope they can grip pretty well.

WITB
    OG Epic Sub Zero | HZRDUS Smoke 60X
    LTD | Aldila Tour Blue 75X (2016 M1 Tour Issue | Diamana B 70X incoming)
    GAPR Lo | Recoil Proto 110F5 (818H2 Aldila Tour Blue 85X back up)
    P790 4i | Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW | Modus 120X
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS | AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS | AMT Wedge
    Hi-Toe 58 | Modus 125 Wedge ( Glide Stealth 2.0 58/10SS for spring & fall)
    Ardmore 2 or Bettinardi MC 360 Tour
    ProV1x
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

• th6252th6252 Members Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

just received my hovr drives and i gotta say, the fit is spot on. probably the most comfy golf shoe i've tried so far(at least since the original adipower boosts) and going as far back to the old classics dry premieres.
    unfortunately, it's looking like its gonna be a few weeks before i can give them a test drive.

• jerrytexastechjerrytexastech Members Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

Tried on the Spieth shoe locally at a golf store. Woof. Fabric, fabric and more fabric.

Thankful I grabbed the spikeless and the HOVR. Love both of them.

• Boomersooner523Boomersooner523 Nashville Members Posts: 6 ✭✭

I have had the HOVR Drive shoes as well and they are nothing short of amazing. Pulled the trigger after having their HOVR Sonic running shoe. Amazing grip and the HOVR cushioning is amazing for walking 18 or even more. I don't normally wear a wide (E) shoe but when I tried them (the E's) they fit perfectly. I would definitely say these are the most comfortable golf shoes I have owned.

• Kirch17Kirch17 Members Posts: 102 ✭✭✭

The HOVR, even in wide just didn't fit me that well. I also think it made my heel feel a bit high. I hope to try the Showdown SL if golf galaxy ever gets them in stock.

• scotty_2987scotty_2987 Members Posts: 233 ✭✭✭
    edited Apr 11, 2019 2:25am #347

Edited

Post edited by scotty_2987 on
  • averysdadaverysdad Members Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The HOVR Drive really interests me....anybody else tried them and can review them good and or bad?

@averysdad said:
    The HOVR Drive really interests me....anybody else tried them and can review them good and or bad?

Check a few posts up for my thoughts. Walked another 18 holes with them in some wet conditions and the waterproofing did a perfect job. Walked 9 last night on some slightly more hard-packed ground and the comfort and traction were both there for me.

• averysdadaverysdad Members Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Boomersooner523 said:

@averysdad said:

Check a few posts up for my thoughts. Walked another 18 holes with them in some wet conditions and the waterproofing did a perfect job. Walked 9 last night on some slightly more hard-packed ground and the comfort and traction were both there for me.

Thanks boomer! I appreciate it. I just got a pair of the Nike AM1’s...they look great but dang they (for me) are not comfortable.

• DrudershDrudersh ClubWRX Posts: 2,966 ClubWRX

Can anyone with the UA Hovr's comment on the stock insole? Is it bulky and replaceable with a slimmer insole to get a lower profile feel? Or is it already pretty thin? Interested in these shoes but worried about them being too high profile.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
    Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
    Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
    Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
    Odyssey Versa 2-Ball
  • ThinkingPlusThinkingPlus South TexasClubWRX Posts: 1,721 ClubWRX

@ThinkingPlus said:
    Any idea if the losing spike issue has been solved in the Spieth 3s. I loved my Spieth 2s, but quit wearing them because I kept ripping the spikes out when I would swing.

Bump...

Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 9° w/Project X HZRDUS T800 65 gm 6.0 flex
    3W: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Evenflow 5.5 Graphite R-flex
    Hybrids: Callaway Apex 3h, 4h w/MR Kuro Kage 80HY S-flex
    Irons: Maltby TS-1 5i-GW w/KBS Tour R-flex
    Sand Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM7 54/08 M Grind w/KBS Tour R-Flex
    Lob Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM6 58/04 L Grind w/TT Wedge Flex
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X w/Super Stroke Claw 1.0
    Ball: Titleist AVX (wind) or ProV1X (tournaments) in yellow

I have the HOVR drive golf shoes and have not had any issue with those spikes. They are the same ones in the Spieth shoe it appears. No issues after 5 or 6 rounds. I am one of the guys that sent the Spieth 2 back to UA because of the spikes.

• Number2Number2 Members Posts: 80 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this late 2018 model counts, but I've been LOVING the Knit sl. It's a super classy-looking take on these knit designs gaining popularity. Really comfortable, only concern is the tongue is super thin. It's actually very comfortable despite this, I just foresee late-round digging of the laces into the tops of my feet. Traction was good during mat work at a lesson and then sim work (iron/wedge gap fitting). I expect good grip on low moisture ground (midsole is mega flexible/soft, traction outsole is firm) Can't say enough about the looks.

@ThinkingPlus said:

@ThinkingPlus said:
    Any idea if the losing spike issue has been solved in the Spieth 3s. I loved my Spieth 2s, but quit wearing them because I kept ripping the spikes out when I would swing.

Bump...

Not the same spike on the outside of the foot. I haven't lost a single spike yet through the 15-20 rounds I have put on them so far in the past month or so. About half of those rounds were walking too.

@jerrytexastech said:
    I have the HOVR drive golf shoes and have not had any issue with those spikes. They are the same ones in the Spieth shoe it appears. No issues after 5 or 6 rounds. I am one of the guys that sent the Spieth 2 back to UA because of the spikes.

Thank you for the update!

@Boomersooner523 said:

@ThinkingPlus said:

@ThinkingPlus said:

Bump...

Not the same spike on the outside of the foot. I haven't lost a single spike yet through the 15-20 rounds I have put on them so far in the past month or so. About half of those rounds were walking too.

Thank you for the update!

The Hovr Drive and the Spieth 3 have the same spikes is what I meant to say above. They changed those from the previous Spieth 2 thank goodness.

• Phil6Phil6 Members Posts: 12 ✭✭

@Number2 said:
    Not sure if this late 2018 model counts, but I've been LOVING the Knit sl. It's a super classy-looking take on these knit designs gaining popularity. Really comfortable, only concern is the tongue is super thin. It's actually very comfortable despite this, I just foresee late-round digging of the laces into the tops of my feet. Traction was good during mat work at a lesson and then sim work (iron/wedge gap fitting). I expect good grip on low moisture ground (midsole is mega flexible/soft, traction outsole is firm) Can't say enough about the looks.

This might be a dumb question but why the tape?

Ping G30 9.5
    Ping G30 5W & 3H
    Titleist AP2 712 5-p
    Callaway Mack Daddy Forged, R-Grind, 60, 56, 52
    Scotty Cameron 1998 Newport Oil Can

• Number2Number2 Members Posts: 80 ✭✭✭

@Phil6 said:

@Number2 said:

The tape on the pair behind the knit? Those are Tour Tips spikes that I've painted/refinished, so I used tape to cover the spike plugs for protection. Wouldn't bring taped spikes to the course hahaha

• Phil6Phil6 Members Posts: 12 ✭✭

@Number2 said:

@Phil6 said:

@Number2 said:

The tape on the pair behind the knit? Those are Tour Tips spikes that I've painted/refinished, so I used tape to cover the spike plugs for protection. Wouldn't bring taped spikes to the course hahaha

Gothcya. Thought you might be doing that to protect your putting surface or something :D

Ping G30 9.5
    Ping G30 5W & 3H
    Titleist AP2 712 5-p
    Callaway Mack Daddy Forged, R-Grind, 60, 56, 52
    Scotty Cameron 1998 Newport Oil Can

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file