2019 UA Golf Shoes?

1789101113»

Comments

• averysdadaverysdad Members Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just ordered a pair of HOVR drives this morning. Super stoked to get them and get on course. Will post a review when I do!

• PowerFade36PowerFade36 Members Posts: 58 ✭✭

Anyone know if the Spieth3 or HOVR spikes can fit on the Spieth2?

• Number2Number2 Members Posts: 80 ✭✭✭

The 3's use Softspikes tornado, which apparently fit the slim-lok used in the 2's. I'd be mildly cautious, since I think there's a brand difference there.

Thanks number2. Do the rotational spikes on the 3/HOVR also fit the 2?

• tom.lockharttom.lockhart Members Posts: 73 ✭✭

I have the Sunbrellas and the HOVR Drives.

HOVR Drives are simply AMAZING shoes, the best looking and feeling golf shoes I've ever worn. Get tons of compliments on them. They are my daily driver now for summer rounds.

Sunbrellas are also super nice shoes, but they run just a tad narrower than other UA shoes. Not enough where they are uncomfortable, but I wear them to the course/work when I know i'm going to be going straight to the office from the club.

Titleist 917 D2 10.5* (9.75*) Diamana D+
    Titleist 917 F2 15* Diamana S+
    Titleist 917 F2 18* Diamana S+
    Titleist 816 H1 19* Atmos Blue
    Titleist 816 H1 23* Diamana S+
    Titleist 718 AP1 5-PW i95 Steelfiber
    Titleist SM7 48.10F
     Titleist SM6 54.10S
    2012 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 - 34"
    Titleist AVX

Got my HOVR drives in yesterday. Playing in the AM Tomm for the true test, but on and wearing around the garage, holy ****....crazy comfortable and not stiff at all. So far so good.

Wow...is all I can say. 1st round out with the HOVR drives was great! They’re the most comfortable golf shoes I’ve ever owned right out of the box. And as a self professed shoe junkie that is saying something. I’m still a die hard Nike guy and I love my tour premieres but these things are even more comfortable than those are.

• jerrytexastechjerrytexastech Members Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

I agree. I split between the HOVR Drives and the React Vapors. Both are super comfortable.

• dwbostondwboston Lefty Boomers Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2019 3:05pm #370

I wore my HOVR Drive shoes for the first time yesterday. It's been so wet here in MA that I didn't want to get them muddy right out of the gate. The weather has dried up the last week or so, so I wore them yesterday right out of the box and they are fantastic. Incredibly comfortable, stable, and they look great. Probably the most comfortable golf shoe I've ever worn. I wore a new pair of Nike LCV 2 shoes last week as well, and there's no comparison. The LCV 2's are nice, but nowhere near as comfortable as the HOVR Drive. I can feel the AIT traction nubs through the sole of the Nike shoes. The HOVR Drive should be the flagship UA golf shoe instead of the Spieth shoes, they are awesome.

Titleist TS2 10.5*, GD AD TP 6S | Titleist 915F 16.5*, GD AD DI 8S | Titleist 915 H 21*, GD AD HY 95S
    Bridgestone J15 CB, 4-PW, Recoil Proto 125 F4 | Vokey SM6 52.08F | Vokey SM6 56.10S | Vokey SM7 60.12D
    Bettinardi BB0 Flow, DASS, F.I.T. Face, 34"/350g

^^^ I couldn’t agree more man. They are awesome shoes. Wore mine for the 2nd time yesterday.

I'll be curious about the "flagship shoe" moving forward. Spieth is undoubtedly getting back into full (2015) form, but admits it's been slower than he intended. Obviously too early for details, but does anyone know if a Spieth 4 is planned?

^^ I’m sure they’ll do one. He’s still very marketable.

• dwbostondwboston Lefty Boomers Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@dwboston said:
    I still don't quite get what "integrated lacing" is supposed to mean.

To answer my own question, the HOVR Drive shoes have something similar to Nike's FlyWire - that's what "integrated lacing" must mean.

Titleist TS2 10.5*, GD AD TP 6S | Titleist 915F 16.5*, GD AD DI 8S | Titleist 915 H 21*, GD AD HY 95S
    Bridgestone J15 CB, 4-PW, Recoil Proto 125 F4 | Vokey SM6 52.08F | Vokey SM6 56.10S | Vokey SM7 60.12D
    Bettinardi BB0 Flow, DASS, F.I.T. Face, 34"/350g
  • AnserAnser ClubWRX Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jun 4, 2019 8:22pm #375

I just ordered some HOVR Drives and didn't even know I needed them til you jerks convinced me. Thanks for nothing! You should all gofundme, you caused this!

TM M4 D-Type 9.5 - Tour AD IZ 7s
    TM M4 3HL, 5 HL, Tour AD IZ 7s
    Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
    TM 790 6-AW, Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX 54/58
    TaylorMade HiToe 64
    Evnroll ER-5, Evnroll ER-2.1

^^^you will thank us all after you put them on then1st time.

Here's what will sell me on them; is the tongue attached only at the tongue's end (above foot-to-toe line), or does attachment extend up along the eyelets ("gusset tongue")?

• Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Anybody been in Spieth 3's for a little while want to give feed back on how they are after multiple use?

I have a pair of these vs Tour 360 XT's and I can't decide which to keep. The 3's feel a little more "grounded" and firm, slightly more form fitting/narrow. Xt's feel more cushioned, slightly higher arch and a bit more roomie.

WITB
    OG Epic Sub Zero | HZRDUS Smoke 60X
    LTD | Aldila Tour Blue 75X (2016 M1 Tour Issue | Diamana B 70X incoming)
    GAPR Lo | Recoil Proto 110F5 (818H2 Aldila Tour Blue 85X back up)
    P790 4i | Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW | Modus 120X
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS | AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS | AMT Wedge
    Hi-Toe 58 | Modus 125 Wedge ( Glide Stealth 2.0 58/10SS for spring & fall)
    Ardmore 2 or Bettinardi MC 360 Tour
    ProV1x
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

Well???? What do you think??

@Anser said:
    I just ordered some HOVR Drives and didn't even know I needed them til you jerks convinced me. Thanks for nothing! You should all gofundme, you caused this!

Could someone post more close-ups of either hovr golf shoe? Thanks!

@Number2 said:
    Could someone post more close-ups of either hovr golf shoe? Thanks!

• soap1984soap1984 Members Posts: 725 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know this is not exactly on topic, but I was really shocked at how comfortable the spieth 3 are. I tried other shoes this year so far and I have always had great luck with every iteration of the spieth shoes. The ones this year and very comfy, I just had to get a pair.

Epic Flash - Diamana BF 
    Ping G - 17 Hybrid
    Ping G410 - 19 Hybrid
    Titleist TMB 4 Iron, AP2 5-PW (modus 105)
    Vokey SM7 50, 56, 62
    Spider x

Curry golf shoes (SL Lows, I heard) are coming in the fall. I'm really curious whether they feel more like a golf shoe or Curry bball shoe.

• PNWGolf2PNWGolf2 Members Posts: 2

Saw Spieth wearing Spieth 3 with HOVR style at Northern Trust.

Thought it looked different than the normal Spieth 3s. Does anyone have pics? Wondering if it will be released.

• PNWGolf2PNWGolf2 Members Posts: 2

I tried my best to take up close picture from TV and post this. They won’t let me post it because I have to be around here little longer. Sorry mate. :-(

• jerrytexastechjerrytexastech Members Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

Noticed when I saw a highlight of him putting. I wonder if these are the same ones that mentioned in the Matt Fitzpatrick shoe thread. It appears so. I chatted with UA and they know nothing of course. One of the reasons I am branching out with my brand loyalty.

@jerrytexastech said:
    Noticed when I saw a highlight of him putting. I wonder if these are the same ones that mentioned in the Matt Fitzpatrick shoe thread. It appears so. I chatted with UA and they know nothing of course. One of the reasons I am branching out with my brand loyalty.

I'm debating a branch-out as well for the exact same reason. I'm all about shoes (everyone makes great shirts/pants/shorts) so that will decide it. Maybe Puma? They always seem to stock some classy/conservative shoes right with the occasional LE/crazy-looking ones (e.g., Arnold Palmer LE's). Plus, Leslie Nielsen was always using Cobra and he is my future self, so maybe I need to bring out my inner R Fowler.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file