2019 UA Golf Shoes?

Comments

• DRRicksDRRicks Banned Posts: 2,444 ✭✭

WillMK5 wrote:

Number2 wrote:

I'm thinking about grabbing a pair of the spieth 2's...what didn't you like it about?

Any new info on the 2019 UA golf shoes? I absolutely hated the Speith 2’s.

I had the all white ones. The area on the heel (where the material is) got extremely dirty and they just were not very comfortable. I hope they improve both areas on the next model.

I recently got the all white ones. Any tips for keeping them clean?

Don’t wear them in wet conditions. I had an extremely tough time keeping them clean. I bought some spray on product that was suppose to keep the dirt from staining but it didn’t work. UA needs to give us a better design this go around.

Looks like that design is gone.
  • WillMK5WillMK5 Members Posts: 421 ✭✭
    WillMK5 wrote:

Number2 wrote:

I'm thinking about grabbing a pair of the spieth 2's...what didn't you like it about?

Any new info on the 2019 UA golf shoes? I absolutely hated the Speith 2’s.

I had the all white ones. The area on the heel (where the material is) got extremely dirty and they just were not very comfortable. I hope they improve both areas on the next model.

I recently got the all white ones. Any tips for keeping them clean?

Don’t wear them in wet conditions. I had an extremely tough time keeping them clean. I bought some spray on product that was suppose to keep the dirt from staining but it didn’t work. UA needs to give us a better design this go around.

Yeah, I struggled yesterday in soft muddy conditions. They’ll have to be my shoes for when it’s fast and firm, can’t use them a day or so after rain. Too bad they’re very comfortable.
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,496 ✭✭
    I’m glad yo hear this design is gone. I cannot wait to see the new rendering.
  • Number2Number2 Members Posts: 53 ✭✭
    So while we wait for a catalog/social media leak, let me explain the Spieth 2 mid I just got. Very awesome looking, interesting/modern design, and with the goretex you think it'd be totally waterproof. Doesn't look that way. The fabric in the tongue/ankle wrap is basically like a thick sock. Don't understand why a mid top golf boot wouldn't be waterproof top to bottom and all the way around. Also 7/10 comfort, unlike 9/10 spieth 2 lows.
    Number2 wrote:

So while we wait for a catalog/social media leak, let me explain the Spieth 2 mid I just got. Very awesome looking, interesting/modern design, and with the goretex you think it'd be totally waterproof. Doesn't look that way. The fabric in the tongue/ankle wrap is basically like a thick sock. Don't understand why a mid top golf boot wouldn't be waterproof top to bottom and all the way around. Also 7/10 comfort, unlike 9/10 spieth 2 lows.

The fabric on the shoes needs to be fully removed for the 19 offerings.
  • PowerFade36PowerFade36 Members Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited Dec 6, 2018 #67
    The fabric part of the Spieth2's are my favorite part of the shoe, looks-wise.

Can you please provide more details (ie: pics) or describe any deterioration due to wet/muddy weather on this part of the shoe?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • andyk856andyk856 Members Posts: 164 ✭✭
    Does anyone think that UA shoes run really small? i wear an 11 1/2 in FJ a 12 in Adidas i tryed on a pair of UA in a 12 and they were really small.
    Taylormade M6 / Tensei Orange 60 TX shaft
    Titleist 917F2 / Fujikura Pro XLR8 71 TS shaft
    Titleist 718 CB / Project X LZ 6.5
    Titleist 712U 2 Iron / X 95 Graphite Design Tour AD UT
    Titleist SM6 52 wedge
    Titleist SM6 56 wedge
    Titleist SM6 60 wedge
    Taylormade Spider Black on black
    andyk856 wrote:

Does anyone think that UA shoes run really small? i wear an 11 1/2 in FJ a 12 in Adidas i tryed on a pair of UA in a 12 and they were really small.

Not really, but I always think FJ runs exceptionally big.
  • jerrytexastechjerrytexastech Members Posts: 128 ✭✭
    edited Dec 7, 2018 #70
    Powerfade my white Spieth 2 shoes got dingy in the fabric and I play in Lubbock,Texas where we don’t get a ton of rain. I tried wiping them down every round. Tried magic eraser. They were still discolored. Traded them in to UA because of the spikes. I would recommend the shoe, but scotchguard the fabric and change out the rotational spikes for regular champ zarma spikes.
    Power fade I would buy another pair and do all that but I am holding out for the new release.
    So a basic Google search indicated that Curry golf stuff (e.g., these shoes he's worn on Web?) is probably coming in '19.
    Anyone have a glimpse of a catalog or anything to see what they will offer this year in different models?
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,248 ✭✭
    Getting Spieth 2.0's off Amazon Wardrobe this week. Comparing against Tour 360 2.0, Puma PWR Adapt, and the new Tour Knits. Coming from spikeless Sketchers which are super comfortable but don't always provide the best grip. Also have Nike LVC which provide lot of grip but they are the high ankle "rain boot" style so I only wear them during the spring usually. They also tend to really make indents in the greens so I avoid wearing if I can. I'm not even that heavy (190lb) and they leave pretty deep imprints.
    WITB
    Epic SZ HZRDUS Smoke 60 6.5
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour 120 FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

• tom.lockharttom.lockhart Members Posts: 56 ✭✭
    There is a lot of hate for the Spieth 2's but I for one love the shoe.

I get them at cost due to friends who work for UA, but I have 3 pairs, and have played probably 100 rounds split between those two pairs. I haven't had any spike issues, waterproofing has been top notch and I literally have no complaints.

The fabric can be hard to get mud off of, but I've been able to do it a few times. FWIW - I'm a small dude, 5'7" and 140lbs, so maybe it's the heavier guys that are breaking the spikes out.
    Titleist 917 D2 10.5* (9.75*) Diamana D+
    Titleist 917 F2 15* Diamana S+
    Titleist 917 F2 18* Diamana S+
    Titleist 816 H1 19* Atmos Blue
    Titleist 816 H1 23* Diamana S+
    Titleist 718 AP1 5-PW i95 Steelfiber
    Titleist SM7 48.10F
     Titleist SM6 54.10S
    2016 Bettinardi BB1
    Snell MTB Black
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Members Posts: 25,807 ✭✭
    andyk856 wrote:

They do. I have 2 pairs of 12s that I’ve donated to a local kid who wears 11. I’ve re bought a 13 on sale and they fit great. Walk 18 out of the box and no pinky toe pain. I do fill other brand 12s out though and prefer a 46 in Ecco. So maybe I am a 13 ? Lol.

There is a lot of hate for the Spieth 2's but I for one love the shoe.

I get them at cost due to friends who work for UA, but I have 3 pairs, and have played probably 100 rounds split between those two pairs. I haven't had any spike issues, waterproofing has been top notch and I literally have no complaints.

The fabric can be hard to get mud off of, but I've been able to do it a few times. FWIW - I'm a small dude, 5'7" and 140lbs, so maybe it's the heavier guys that are breaking the spikes out.

I love the shoe too. Because of the lateral grip on the front foot. I tend to spin out sometimes with other spikes. Never happens with these.

Number2 wrote:

So a basic Google search indicated that Curry golf stuff (e.g., these shoes he's worn on Web?) is probably coming in '19.

He has on spieth 2s playing this week.
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    TM Tour M5 19.8 * Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX  
    Titleist Tour Proto MB 3-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
    Catalogs yet...anyone?
  • dearth12dearth12 Members Posts: 688 ✭✭
    In for the updates
    Taylormade M3 w/ Tensei CK White-70X
    Cobra F8 5/6 wood w/ Evenflow Blue-75X
    Taylormade P790 UDI 2 iron 17* w/ Dynamic Gold AMT X
    Callaway Apex Pro Smoke 4-PW w/ Elevate Tour Smoke X-100
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 50*, 55*, 60* w/ Elevate Tour Smoke X-100 (soft stepped once)
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black (Armlock) w/ SuperStroke 17”
    dearth12 wrote:

In for the updates

We are all still patiently waiting...
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,139 ✭✭
    DRRicks wrote:

andyk856 wrote:

Not really, but I always think FJ runs exceptionally big.

FJ definitely runs pretty big.
  • drew1527drew1527 Members Posts: 563 ✭✭
    edited Dec 21, 2018 #82
    Jordan wearing new shoes

drew1527 wrote:

Jordan wearing new shoes

I wish we had some closeups.
  • ElleshoeElleshoe Members Posts: 111 ✭✭
    What top is Jordan wearing in this video?
    So Jordan is playing next week; would expect UA to announce something relevant BUT:

- He wore next year's shoes a month or so ago and nothing was said.

- He was a very late entry, so it isn't likely that a marketing campaign/intro was planned.

At the very least, we should be seeing 2019 shoes of some kind this week, likely the Spieth 3.
    Jordan wearing those new kicks again in Hawaii. I am guessing these are the 3rd version of his signature show. Still not a good close up.
    edited Jan 9, 2019 4:54pm #87
    Can't find photos of his practice rounds/shoes.
  • scotty_2987scotty_2987 Members Posts: 218 ✭✭
    This photo was posted in the Sony picture thread. It’s the only one of Spieth. Still not a really good close up.

This photo was posted in the Sony picture thread. It’s the only one of Spieth. Still not a really good close up.

I’m sure we will have some real good pics by this time tomorrow.
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Members Posts: 25,807 ✭✭
    Looks promising if they have some good colors etc. hope the sole doesn’t change much. Or if it does for the better. The grip they offer is what I like most.
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    TM Tour M5 19.8 * Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX  
    Titleist Tour Proto MB 3-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
    I hope there is no fabric on the heel like last years model.