2019 UA Golf Shoes?

Comments

• earleyrcearleyrc Members Posts: 388 ✭✭

I hope there is no fabric on the heel like last years model.

I agree. Tough to tell from the few pics we've seen so far, but it looks to be full leather. A guy can hope..
    Driver (9.5°) - Titleist TS3 Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 74
    Wood (15°) - Titleist 915Fd Diamana D+ White 80
    Hybrid (19°) - Titleist 913h Diamana S+ Blue 82
    Irons (4-9) - Titleist 718AP2 DG S300 AMT
    Wedges (46.08F, 50.08F) - Vokey SM6 DG S200
    Wedges (54.10,58.10) - Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 DG S200
    Flat Stick (34") - Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Matador Mid
    drew1527 wrote:

I saw this on the WRX home page and was going to post. Looks like TPU fabric is gone (or at least most of it)!!!!!!!!
  • DRRicksDRRicks Banned Posts: 2,444 ✭✭
    drew1527 wrote:

Much better!
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,496 ✭✭
    earleyrc wrote:

drew1527 wrote:

I saw this on the WRX home page and was going to post. Looks like TPU fabric is gone (or at least most of it)!!!!!!!!

That is a real good thing to hear/see..
  • Number2Number2 Members Posts: 53 ✭✭
    Observations: Logo placement looks identical to tour tips (2017) with a long line going from base of pinky toe up and back to middle of inner foot, crossing lace/tongue area. Another line in back looping up to heel of shoe makes me think that "heel stability" will be stitching instead of the tpu fibers/"fabric"
  • DukeOfChinoHillsDukeOfChinoHills Orange County, CAMembers Posts: 318 ✭✭
    Last year, at the Spieth 2 launch when Jordan claimed to be "even more excited" about next year's shoe. After seeing Jordan shoes yesterday and today, I'm disappointed I waited for these. Let's hope UA announces more info soon.
    "You're still away."
    917D2 - DiamanaD+ 70S
    917F2 - DiamanaD+ 80S
    818H1 - Tensei Blue 80S
    716 AP2 (4-PW) - DG300S
    Vokey 50.08F, 54.10S, 58.12K (All Grips are Winn Dri-Tac Grey)
    Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Mid-Slant 35" w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT Tour

• GTgolfGTgolf Members Posts: 517 ✭✭
    I thought his shoes looked good on TV today.

I’ll lump them in the running for my next purchase.

FJ Pro SL

Nike air victory zoom tour

UA spieths

Last year, at the Spieth 2 launch when Jordan claimed to be "even more excited" about next year's shoe. After seeing Jordan shoes yesterday and today, I'm disappointed I waited for these. Let's hope UA announces more info soon.

Definitely exciting like it was when the Drive Ones came out a few years ago. UA got that release right!
  • PowerFade36PowerFade36 Members Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Yah not a huge fan of what we've seen so far. It sucks that he missed the cut this weekend so we'll have less chances for more pics.

Hoping we see some different colorways soon.
    Is JS the only guy wearing current UA gear on the tour right now?
  • dwbostondwboston Lefty Boomers Posts: 2,322 ✭✭

Definitely exciting like it was when the Drive Ones came out a few years ago. UA got that release right!

They got the Drive One shoe right but the release of the shoe was a disaster. Limited online release at first, sold out quickly with sky-high prices from folks reselling on ebay. It took forever to restock the shoe as well after that. I'm still wearing and buying new pairs of Drive Ones - they are that great a shoe.
    Titleist TS2 10.5*, GD AD TP 6S | Titleist 915F 16.5*, GD AD DI 7S | Titleist 915 H 21*, GD AD HY 95S
    Bridgestone J15 CB, 4-PW, Recoil Proto 125 F4 | Vokey SM6 52.08F | Vokey SM6 56.10S | Vokey SM7 60.12D
    Bettinardi BB0 Flow, 34"/350g
    dwboston wrote:

They got the Drive One shoe right but the release of the shoe was a disaster. Limited online release at first, sold out quickly with sky-high prices from folks reselling on ebay. It took forever to restock the shoe as well after that. I'm still wearing and buying new pairs of Drive Ones - they are that great a shoe.

Agreed, the DO release was a complete diaster. Now they get the shoes out in time but the quality is not there. IMO.
  • theboypinoytheboypinoy Members Posts: 2,073 ✭✭

Matthew Fitzpatrick wears UA, although he does spend the majority of his time on the European Tour. Bernd Wiesberger too.

As for the PGA Tour, Hunter Mahan still has that ongoing relationship with UA. He also grabbed a card for this season, with his game on the upswing it looks like

Matthew Fitzpatrick wears UA, although he does spend the majority of his time on the European Tour. Bernd Wiesberger too.

As for the PGA Tour, Hunter Mahan still has that ongoing relationship with UA. He also grabbed a card for this season, with his game on the upswing it looks like

I’d love to see Hunter make a comeback this year.
  • ewe8523ewe8523 Members Posts: 310 ✭✭
    If you watch the footage from Friday there are a few good closeups of Spieth where you can see the shoes pretty well. I personnaly like the look better than the last two models.
    Caught these out of the corner of my eye at local DSG... Was kinda shocked since I haven't seen any release info yet. Only had black.. and unfortunately the TPU fabric is back with avengence.. even more of it on the front. Not a fan of the transition to the fabric on the front, and they feel kinda cheap compared to prior years. I will say they are much, much lighter than the first two Spieths. Will still check out the all white and other colors when they come out, but as of now these are looking like a disappointment for me.

• Mr. GrumpyMr. Grumpy The Quintana Changeup, sit em dwn Members Posts: 2,292 ✭✭
    Saw those yesterday as well,, at GG. Same price, it's almost an all fabric front..
  • PowerFade36PowerFade36 Members Posts: 15 ✭✭
    New rotational cleat design?
    edited Jan 13, 2019 3:24pm #111

New rotational cleat design?

Yea new RST design and replaced the Zarma spikes as well. I should have snapped a pic of the bottom, my bad..
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • DRRicksDRRicks Banned Posts: 2,444 ✭✭
    Those look different than the one Spieth is wearing in the pic...hopefully anyway!
    Unfortunately I don't think DSG or GG is selling fakes, so unless speith is wearing a different model altogether I'm afraid this is it. I think it's the ugliest to date..

Therefore, I'm gonna go scrounge eBay for another pair of Tempo Tours. The DO gets a lot of love on this thread, but the Tempo Tours are my favorite they've ever done.
  • jerrytexastechjerrytexastech Members Posts: 128 ✭✭
    edited Jan 13, 2019 8:45pm #114
    I think I will wait and see about the other models with the HOVR technology. These do not look to interest me with all the fabric on the toe and heel. I was not a fan of that part of the Spieth 2. Man, they have made a mess of this since the Drive One. I am a big UA fan (I live in Lubbock which is a UA town / Texas Tech town), but the last couple of years of releases have been a letdown.
    This is an interesting design. I'm curious what the "purpose" of the fabric is. Also I know the outside/spikes are different, so I'd love to see that.
    Still no info on UAs site about these shoes?
    I will get on chat and see.
    edited Jan 14, 2019 12:25pm #118
    Wow, I am becoming more and more disappointed with UA. The chat support person would not even acknowledge that the pic from above was in fact a new Spieth 3. SMH. I may be a Nike golf guy moving forward.

Love my Nike React shoes I received for Christmas so I may get another one of the Nike models and move away from UA. They seem to be a bit of a mess.

Wow, I am becoming more and more disappointed with UA. The chat support person would not even acknowledge that the pic from above was in fact a new Spieth 3. SMH. I may be a Nike golf guy moving forward.

Love my Nike React shoes I received for Christmas so I may get another one of the Nike models and move away from UA. They seem to be a bit of a mess.

That is hilarious. The tongue has the JS logo and the sticker clearly says what they are!
  • WillMK5WillMK5 Members Posts: 421 ✭✭
    This makes me appreciate the Spieth 2s more....
    Flashsole tweeted about them today. Pics included. I would copy and paste them here but I don't know how copyright stuff works here. I have to say, they do not look impressive, except that the outsole redesign looks fantastic.