Mizuno 2019

1161719212229

Comments

  • johnnyprojohnnypro Members Posts: 1,864 ✭✭
    I saw a 10.5 demo head (straight 190, no "g") at my PGASS store today. They had a wrench and some shafts in the bay, so I popped in a shaft just to see how it looks at address. All I can say is..... NICE!! Beautiful looking head. To my eye, it looked square, not open in the neutral position. Maybe that's because to me every other club looks closed in the neutral position.



    Two things:

    1) Why is the g $100 more? I get that it's more adjustable but seems excessive.

    2) Where can I find a list of stock and optional shafts? mizunousa was no help.



    Thanks!
  • halfsumohalfsumo Members Posts: 655 ✭✭
    johnnypro wrote:


    I saw a 10.5 demo head (straight 190, no "g") at my PGASS store today. They had a wrench and some shafts in the bay, so I popped in a shaft just to see how it looks at address. All I can say is..... NICE!! Beautiful looking head. To my eye, it looked square, not open in the neutral position. Maybe that's because to me every other club looks closed in the neutral position.



    Two things:

    1) Why is the g $100 more? I get that it's more adjustable but seems excessive.

    2) Where can I find a list of stock and optional shafts? mizunousa was no help.



    Thanks!




    I've seen the list I think on Mizuno Europe, TGW and Fairway golf USA websites.



    I think its basically Atmos line, Kuro Kage Dual Core Silver, Tensei White, Orange and Blue (non-pro versions). Not every tensei shaft version and weight available in X flex for some reason, though, .....since this is Golfwrx and everyone needs x flex (and I am a believer that Mitsubishi shafts run soft).



    I think the Atmost TS black will be a good fit for me (it was the second best for me in a recent fitting) and at $400 in the non-G is a great option.
    M5 9* Accra TZ5 M4
    TS3 15 Tensei Pro White 70tx
    818 H1 19 Tensei Pro White 90tx
    i500 4 iron, Steelfiber i95S
    Fourteen FH-900 5-PW Steelfiber i95S
    PING Glide stealth 50, 56 SM7 D 60
    PING Ketsch
  • bogeyprobogeypro The Original Bogeypro ClubWRX Posts: 3,227 ClubWRX
    edited Feb 10, 2019 5:15pm #544


    I don’t get the more loft reference, the clubs do sit open (190G) and basically square (190). I will say the clubs sit like a Callaway FT-9 Tour in terms of feel at address, which is one of my personal top 5 drivers of all time. When I was able to find the head in the swing and connect with the center it did perform as promised and the shot was one I typically only dreamt of being able to hit at night. My only concern was how noticeably light the stock head is compared to other offerings out there. I still plan to get professionally fitted, but I was just hoping for some first time hitting bay magic.




    Omg. You and that light head comment in every single thread about this driver. Have you weighed it? Someone said it was 198 grams. That’s pretty standard.



    I’ve spent a good amount of time with this driver. While it won’t be knocking my M1 out if the bag, I can’t stand misinformation.



    Until people can weight it or measure the loft... stop sounding stupid. Sitting slightly open is what lower handicap and scratch players typically want. Easily corrected with the adjustable hosel. 9 degrees that sits slightly open is still 9 degrees. I’m fact, it would be lower at impact.
    Taylormade M6 w/ATMOS black ts 6x<br />Taylormade M5 3 wood w/HZRDUS black 75 6.5<br />Taylormade p790 3-pw <br />Taylormade hi-toe 52-9 and 58-10 wedges <br />Taylormade Spider Mallet 72
  • hahanicehahanice Members Posts: 345 ✭✭
    I agree with the sentiment that it's crazy to put your product out a month after everyone else. It's cold, people are bored hitting balls at golf Galaxy every day, and st190 isn't even an option.



    Had 2 friends just get epic and cobra, and they literally couldn't hit the Mizuno before mazing a decision.



    Mizuno doesn't care, and I semi appreciate the fact that they do things on their own schedule, but to me that's bad business. Hard to support companies that make decisions like that.



  • Joker91Joker91 Westminster, COMembers Posts: 553 ✭✭
    hahanice wrote:


    I agree with the sentiment that it's crazy to put your product out a month after everyone else. It's cold, people are bored hitting balls at golf Galaxy every day, and st190 isn't even an option.



    Had 2 friends just get epic and cobra, and they literally couldn't hit the Mizuno before mazing a decision.



    Mizuno doesn't care, and I semi appreciate the fact that they do things on their own schedule, but to me that's bad business. Hard to support companies that make decisions like that.




    No one is forcing anyone to buy anything at any time. If you're too impatient to wait, that's on you.
  • hahanicehahanice Members Posts: 345 ✭✭
    Said the former CEO of EA about battlefield 5... Key word is former.



    I pre-ordered, so mines coming either way. It will struggle to knock out the ts2 but I'm going to give it a chance. Very few people are that patient.



    2 people I know got new drivers, and were both completely open. Mizuno wasn't even in the mix despite being what everyone thinks will be awesome.
  • 3woodvt3woodvt 5 test drives for clubface contact. #footpowder Members Posts: 1,628 ✭✭
    hahanice wrote:


    I agree with the sentiment that it's crazy to put your product out a month after everyone else. It's cold, people are bored hitting balls at golf Galaxy every day, and st190 isn't even an option.



    Had 2 friends just get epic and cobra, and they literally couldn't hit the Mizuno before mazing a decision.



    Mizuno doesn't care, and I semi appreciate the fact that they do things on their own schedule, but to me that's bad business. Hard to support companies that make decisions like that.
    I agree. Most interested in F9 and ST190 this year. Well the F9 flat out performed so I didn't wait. Perhaps it doesn't matter as I maxed out distance with the F9 but Mizuno is missing opportunities with a lot of potential customers this year with an attractive offering by showing up to the dance after its started.
    Cobra F9 8.0 Atmos TS Black7x
    Cobra F8+ 13.5 Aldila7x
    Adams A12 19* VTS Proforce 100hs
    Srixon Z945 4-PW KBS Tour 120s
    Cleveland 2.0 51**,55**,59*
    Ping Zing TR
    Srixon Z
  • Joker91Joker91 Westminster, COMembers Posts: 553 ✭✭
    hahanice wrote:


    Said the former CEO of EA about battlefield 5... Key word is former.



    I pre-ordered, so mines coming either way. It will struggle to knock out the ts2 but I'm going to give it a chance. Very few people are that patient.



    2 people I know got new drivers, and were both completely open. Mizuno wasn't even in the mix despite being what everyone thinks will be awesome.




    The f*** does EA have to do with this?
  • soap1984soap1984 Members Posts: 705 ✭✭
    They miss out perennially with lefties all over the world since they never make their best irons in left hand. Iron envy to the extreme with the tours it is so souring I even refuse to buy mizuno baseball equipment because it has caused me to hate mizuno so much.
    M2- Hzrdus Black 6.0
    0341x 3 wood
    19 degree 0317 and G400 22 degree hybrids
    0311T Gen2 5 -w (KBS C-taper lite)
    0311t 52, 56, 60 (Romeo)
    Bat Attack P
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,475 ✭✭
    Hit the ST190 today. Looks great at address. No 'loft' concerns for me.



    Sound was great and performance was unreal. Was carrying 20 yds more than my Rogue.



    Definitely will have this one next up on the list.
    Long Live Nike
  • rt_chargerrt_charger Ball Hitter Members Posts: 132 ✭✭
    edited Feb 10, 2019 8:30pm #552
    As to the head weight, it is standard 198 - TXG weighed it. I swear the thing is sitting 45 degrees open with how much people are saying its open. As to the release date... good things come to those who wait. Have some patience and you'll end up with a great driver. My only concern with waiting is if it doesn't work out for me, my alternative choice might run out of good deals and good condition heads (G400).
    "Golf is a game that is played on a five-inch course - the distance between your ears." - Bobby Jones
  • halfsumohalfsumo Members Posts: 655 ✭✭
    Also agree the release should have been earlier. They are lucky that the Callaway and Taylormade drivers are generating almost zero buzz this year, so I think it will work out for them. Cobra is grabbing a lot of sales that would have gone to Mizuno, though, that is for sure.
    M5 9* Accra TZ5 M4
    TS3 15 Tensei Pro White 70tx
    818 H1 19 Tensei Pro White 90tx
    i500 4 iron, Steelfiber i95S
    Fourteen FH-900 5-PW Steelfiber i95S
    PING Glide stealth 50, 56 SM7 D 60
    PING Ketsch
  • reider69reider69 Members Posts: 615 ✭✭
    I live in the Midwest so I dont care if Mizunos release date is late as I cant golf for a few months anyway. I am going to get fitted on grass/range as soon as it warms up and per Mizuno standard I should have driver at my door within 5 days of order.
    Mizuno ST190 - Kuro Kage Silver Tini 70X
    Cobra BioCell+ - Matrix Ozik Red Tie 6Q3 X
    Cobra BioCell 3-4 Hybrid - Aldila Rogue Black 85 X
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-G, KBS C Taper Lite X
    Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 - 54 and 58 - Modus 105X
    Callaway Xforged - 64 degrees
    Lajosi DD201 Proto
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, FloridaMembers Posts: 1,704 ✭✭
    Trying it at our other shop today if they have them in stock. Hoping it was just a one-off because the ST180 felt great and was a solid performer for me and I doubt they are that hugely different in terms of weighting.
    Driver: He who shall not be named...
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    5 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star 2018 (Yellow)
  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, FloridaMembers Posts: 1,704 ✭✭
    Nevermind, my Edwin Watts isn’t expecting their demos for 2 weeks. I will try to again tomorrow at the PGA Superstore and hope that the last time I hit it my feels were just s***.
    Driver: He who shall not be named...
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    5 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star 2018 (Yellow)
  • Tommy 808Tommy 808 Members Posts: 1
    This emailed to me right from Atlanta. All stock, and no upcharge. ST190



    GRAPHITE:

    Driver & Fairway Flex Weight Torque Ball Flight Tip Butt



    MRC Kuro Kage Silver TiNi Dual Core

    X 86 2.7 Mid 0.335 0.619

    X 78 3.1 Mid 0.335 0.622

    S 76 3.4 Mid 0.335 0.618

    X 68 4.2 Mid/High 0.335 0.621

    S 66 4.4 Mid/High 0.335 0.616

    R 57 5.4 High 0.335 0.612







    MRC Tensei CK White Series



    X 80 4.0 Mid/Low 0.335 0.642

    S 76 4.1 Mid/Low 0.335 0.638







    MRC Tensei CK Blue Series



    X 78 3.9 Mid 0.335 0.642

    S 76 4.0 Mid 0.335 0.640

    S 67 4.5 Mid 0.335 0.614

    R 64 4.6 Mid/High 0.335 0.610

    A 53 6.4 Mid/High 0.335 0.602





    MRC Tensei CK Orange Series

    S 58 5.9 Mid/High 0.335 0.610

    R 55 6.0 Mid/High 0.335 0.608



    BASSARA™ E-Series 42

    L 42 6.9 High 0.335 0.602





    Fujikura ATMOS Black 6 Tour Spec

    X 69 3.4 Low 0.335 0.610

    S 65 3.4 Low 0.335 0.605



    Fujikura ATMOS Black 7 Tour Spec



    S 74 3.0 Low 0.335 0.610



    Fujikura ATMOS Red 6



    R 65 5.0 Mid/High 0.335 0.620





    Fujikura ATMOS Red 5



    R 55 5.1 Mid/High 0.335 0.620

    R2 57 5.2 Mid/High 0.335 0.620



    Fujikura ATMOS Red 4

    R3 48 5.6 High 0.335 0.590





    Fujikura ATMOS Blue 6

    S 65 4.5 Mid/Low 0.335 0.610

    Fujikura ATMOS Blue 5 R 65 4.8 Mid/Low 0.335 0.610





    Fujikura ATMOS Blue 5

    S 55 4.6 Mid/Low 0.335 0.610

    R2 55 5.0 Mid/Low 0.335 0.610
  • johnnyprojohnnypro Members Posts: 1,864 ✭✭
    So looking at those weights, the Tensei Orange is the 50, correct?



    If so, that's the one for me!
  • 518TitleistX518TitleistX NYSGA Champion Members Posts: 1,382 ✭✭
    I have a strong sneaking suspicion that an aftermarket upgraded shaft is in my future with the ST190G. I dont like the looks of any of the "stock" shafts. I may end up finding a HZRDUS Black or an A'Hina flowerband or something of the sort to plug in. A shaft profile that i KNOW works for me rather than these.
    Mizuno ST190G 8* HZRDUS Black 62g 6.5X
    Titleist 917F2 13.5* D+80TX
    Titleist 818H2 19* Speeder HYB 8.8X
    Mizuno MP18 MMC Fli-Hi 3i DG Tour issue 120 X100
    Mizuno 919Tour DG Tour issue 120 X100's 5-9i
    Mizuno S18 44*, 49* 54*, 59*
    Scotty Cameron Newport Beach

    WITB Link
  • BigHook25BigHook25 Members Posts: 2,292 ✭✭
    Tommy 808 wrote:


    This emailed to me right from Atlanta. All stock, and no upcharge. ST190



    GRAPHITE:

    Driver & Fairway Flex Weight Torque Ball Flight Tip Butt



    MRC Kuro Kage Silver TiNi Dual Core

    X 86 2.7 Mid 0.335 0.619

    X 78 3.1 Mid 0.335 0.622

    S 76 3.4 Mid 0.335 0.618

    X 68 4.2 Mid/High 0.335 0.621

    S 66 4.4 Mid/High 0.335 0.616

    R 57 5.4 High 0.335 0.612







    MRC Tensei CK White Series



    X 80 4.0 Mid/Low 0.335 0.642

    S 76 4.1 Mid/Low 0.335 0.638







    MRC Tensei CK Blue Series



    X 78 3.9 Mid 0.335 0.642

    S 76 4.0 Mid 0.335 0.640

    S 67 4.5 Mid 0.335 0.614

    R 64 4.6 Mid/High 0.335 0.610

    A 53 6.4 Mid/High 0.335 0.602





    MRC Tensei CK Orange Series

    S 58 5.9 Mid/High 0.335 0.610

    R 55 6.0 Mid/High 0.335 0.608



    BASSARA™ E-Series 42

    L 42 6.9 High 0.335 0.602





    Fujikura ATMOS Black 6 Tour Spec

    X 69 3.4 Low 0.335 0.610

    S 65 3.4 Low 0.335 0.605



    Fujikura ATMOS Black 7 Tour Spec



    S 74 3.0 Low 0.335 0.610



    Fujikura ATMOS Red 6



    R 65 5.0 Mid/High 0.335 0.620





    Fujikura ATMOS Red 5



    R 55 5.1 Mid/High 0.335 0.620

    R2 57 5.2 Mid/High 0.335 0.620



    Fujikura ATMOS Red 4

    R3 48 5.6 High 0.335 0.590





    Fujikura ATMOS Blue 6

    S 65 4.5 Mid/Low 0.335 0.610

    Fujikura ATMOS Blue 5 R 65 4.8 Mid/Low 0.335 0.610





    Fujikura ATMOS Blue 5

    S 55 4.6 Mid/Low 0.335 0.610

    R2 55 5.0 Mid/Low 0.335 0.610




    I still don't understand how they offer the Atmos tour spec in 70 gram weight, but only in stiff. Why not also in x-stiff.
  • BlackM00NlightBlackM00Nlight IowaMembers Posts: 3,568 ✭✭
    That’s a lot of shaft. Think I’m getting the TS Black 60 S I’m driver and TS Black 70s in 3 wood.
    Mizuno ST-190G Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno ST-190TS 15* Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno CLK 19* 3 Hybrid Speeder Evo HB 95X (swap with 2 iron)
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2-A wedge AMT X100 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Engage Dual Sole 58 DG S400 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

  • GolfChannelGolfChannel Orlando, FloridaMembers Posts: 1,704 ✭✭
    edited Feb 13, 2019 9:32am #562
    Okay, Edwin Watts called me and let me know that they got the demo clubs in today. So, I rushed over and just got done testing the ST190, 190G, my Honma TW737 445 and the F9.



    First, to dispel the weight issue, it had to be the demo club at the PGASS because the demo I hit today felt weight wise in-between the F9 and my Honma. So there was nothing out of the ordinary in terms of weight or openness of the face.



    Each club was tested with my gamer shaft (Atmos Blue 65 stiff) and loft (9.5 in all 3 but the G which was 9.0).



    Best shot with the F9:

    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Driver: He who shall not be named...
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    5 Wood: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Blue Evenflow 75
    Irons: Ping iBlade Nippon AWT 2.0 Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 50, 54, and Honma TW737 Forged 62
    Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
    Ball: Srixon Z-Star 2018 (Yellow)
  • halfsumohalfsumo Members Posts: 655 ✭✭
    For me in my recent driver fitting the Atmos Blask 6 S was a good fit while X flex in a lot of other brands were a good fit. Atmos Black TS may be on the stout side to flex but that may also just be me. Not that it matters a ton for making a purchase decision, but Kuchar recently switched to the Atmos Black TS 6 in Stiff and is playing pretty well this year so that helps my brain justify the shaft as a solid choice.
    M5 9* Accra TZ5 M4
    TS3 15 Tensei Pro White 70tx
    818 H1 19 Tensei Pro White 90tx
    i500 4 iron, Steelfiber i95S
    Fourteen FH-900 5-PW Steelfiber i95S
    PING Glide stealth 50, 56 SM7 D 60
    PING Ketsch
  • evoviiiyouevoviiiyou evoviiiyou Members Posts: 1,997 ✭✭
    Based on that list, I am going ACCRA...No Atmos TS Blue? Weird list with the options

    Mizuno ST190 10.5/ Fuji Speeder TR 661S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno ST190TS 15/ Fuji Speeder TR 757S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno JPX FliHi 19/ Modus Tour 130S/ PURE Wrap WHT
    Taylor Made P790 4-PW Modus Tour 130S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno S18 Wedges 50&56/ Modus 120S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    SeeMore M1B/ Satin Black Conti Golf/ Super Stroke Slim CC

  • BlackM00NlightBlackM00Nlight IowaMembers Posts: 3,568 ✭✭
    https://www.tourspecgolf.com/mizuno-black-ip-mp-15-ti-muscle-irons-5-pw-6pcs-n-s-pro-modus3-tour105-limited-white.html



    If only Mizuno would bring this option to the market! Mother of darkness, take my money and the bank’s while you’re at it.
    Mizuno ST-190G Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno ST-190TS 15* Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno CLK 19* 3 Hybrid Speeder Evo HB 95X (swap with 2 iron)
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2-A wedge AMT X100 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Engage Dual Sole 58 DG S400 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

  • bogeyprobogeypro The Original Bogeypro ClubWRX Posts: 3,227 ClubWRX
    soap1984 wrote:


    They miss out perennially with lefties all over the world since they never make their best irons in left hand. Iron envy to the extreme with the tours it is so souring I even refuse to buy mizuno baseball equipment because it has caused me to hate mizuno so much.




    No lefty baseball bats?



    My son is lefty so I get it. I also understand that they are a small (but loud) percentage of the golfing population. Perhaps it just isn’t profitable for mizuno. Just guessing... who knows.
    Taylormade M6 w/ATMOS black ts 6x<br />Taylormade M5 3 wood w/HZRDUS black 75 6.5<br />Taylormade p790 3-pw <br />Taylormade hi-toe 52-9 and 58-10 wedges <br />Taylormade Spider Mallet 72
  • moorebaseballmoorebaseball Members Posts: 251 ✭✭


    https://www.tourspec...ited-white.html



    If only Mizuno would bring this option to the market! Mother of darkness, take my money and the bank's while you're at it.




    Wow those look awesome! I would definitely jump on those!
  • BlackM00NlightBlackM00Nlight IowaMembers Posts: 3,568 ✭✭
    Right?! Just give me a black ion finish Mizuno iron and Ill be the happiest golfer alive.
    Mizuno ST-190G Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno ST-190TS 15* Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno CLK 19* 3 Hybrid Speeder Evo HB 95X (swap with 2 iron)
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2-A wedge AMT X100 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Engage Dual Sole 58 DG S400 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

  • DoublebuckDoublebuck Doublebuck Members Posts: 1,152 ✭✭


    Right?! Just give me a black ion finish Mizuno iron and Ill be the happiest golfer alive.




    Order them from Tourspec/Yoro.
  • BlackM00NlightBlackM00Nlight IowaMembers Posts: 3,568 ✭✭
    Can only get the MP-66 in Yoro. And hey don’t tell you what finish is what from what I can research.
    Mizuno ST-190G Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno ST-190TS 15* Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno CLK 19* 3 Hybrid Speeder Evo HB 95X (swap with 2 iron)
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2-A wedge AMT X100 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Engage Dual Sole 58 DG S400 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

  • hahanicehahanice Members Posts: 345 ✭✭
    So it's the 15th and the 190s still aren't on Mizunos website... I'm really starting to think they just don't care
Sign In or Register to comment.