Mizuno 2019

Comments

• RonSwansonRonSwanson Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it. ClubWRX Posts: 1,626 ClubWRX
    Damonjm wrote:

Will there be a GT 190 also?

They just changed the naming convention.

GT180 -> ST190G

ST180 ->ST190

The differentiation between the two models stays the same.
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1 Members Posts: 5,683 ✭✭
    Can't wait to give those drivers a try. Both look good.
    TM M6 10.5 w/PX Evenflow Blue 65 Stiff
    TM M4 3HL w/Diamana D+ Ltd 70 Stiff
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-PW w/Modus 120 Stiff

TM Milled Grind Black 52 SB and 58 LB w/Modus Tour 125 Wedge
    TM TP Black Copper Mullen 2

TM TP5x
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,232 ClubWRX
    uh-oh, does the bag go full Mizuno.....
    F9 9* Atmos Black TS7
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 75
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 75
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,400 ✭✭
    I would have preferred the mizuno 'prototype' woods that were spotted: http://www.golfwrx.com/527566/spotted-three-new-mizuno-prototype-drivers-hit-the-usga-conforming-clubs-list/

...but these will do, if they perform.
    Long Live Nike
  • RonSwansonRonSwanson Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it. ClubWRX Posts: 1,626 ClubWRX

I would have preferred the mizuno 'prototype' woods that were spotted: http://www.golfwrx.c...ing-clubs-list/

I believe that head became this...
    RonSwanson wrote:

I would have preferred the mizuno 'prototype' woods that were spotted: http://www.golfwrx.c...ing-clubs-list/

I believe that head became this...

Quite possible. Is that going to be released in the US in conjunction with the ST series?
    Long Live Nike
  • shakeyshakey OvenWRX 1 Members Posts: 5,683 ✭✭

That beast looks mean.
    TM M6 10.5 w/PX Evenflow Blue 65 Stiff
    TM M4 3HL w/Diamana D+ Ltd 70 Stiff
    NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-PW w/Modus 120 Stiff

TM Milled Grind Black 52 SB and 58 LB w/Modus Tour 125 Wedge
    TM TP Black Copper Mullen 2

TM TP5x
  • JarlaxleJarlaxle Members Posts: 462 ✭✭
    Bimmer1 wrote:
    I still haven’t found a driver that beats my JPX-900
    Me either.
    "We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time."

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
    Mizuno JPX 900 3W w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
    Titleist AP3 4 & 5 Iron w/ Project X LZ 6.0
    Titleist AP2 6 - PW w/ Project X LZ 6.0
    Miura Y Grind 51 w/ Project X 5.5
    Miura C Grind 55 w/ Project X 5.5
    Miura C Grind 59 w/ Project X 5.5
    Custom Edel E3
    Titleist Lightweight Stand Bag
  • av1084av1084 Gooner Members Posts: 1,200
    Really hoping for the raw T7s, such an amazing looking and performing wedge.
    Ping G400 LST 8.5 Project X LZ 6.5
    TEE CB5 15 Oban Kiyoshi Gold 05
    Mizuno CLK 17 Fujikura Speeder HB X
    Ping i500 3i Modus 120S
    Mizuno MP18 MMC 4-P Modus 120S
    Mizuno T7 53/60 Modus 120S
    Edel E-2
  • MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 Admiration is the state furthest from understanding. Members Posts: 19,838 ✭✭
    As much as I am glad to see them having success with the JPX line, they better not mess with the Mp's. image/aggressive.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':aggressive:' />
    Mizuno St-180 9.5
    Mizuno JPX 900 15
    Mizuno CLK 19, 22
    Mizuno JPX 900 5-Gw
    (Wedges TBD)
    (Putter TBD)
    Srixon Z-Star
    WITB
  • ryborybo Members Posts: 2,215 ✭✭
    Hit the new ST190 driver yesterday and it was quite nice! A few things stuck out, first the sound is impressive. It sounds powerful with no tin can sound but not overly muted either. Second the club looks phenomenal. The fit and finish is very high end and the gloss black finish looks quite sporty! Lastly something that was a bit of concern was the face appeared to have way more loft on it then the stated amount. Looked like a 12* driver even though the loft said 9.5*. Found this highly unusual as Mizuno drivers have always been very good about being very close to there stated lofts.

All in all I think they have a winner on their hands. Will have to see how the loft thing plays out.
    edited Oct 12, 2018 #43
    rybo wrote:

Hit the new ST190 driver yesterday and it was quite nice! A few things stuck out, first the sound is impressive. It sounds powerful with no tin can sound but not overly muted either. Second the club looks phenomenal. The fit and finish is very high end and the gloss black finish looks quite sporty! Lastly something that was a bit of concern was the face appeared to have way more loft on it then the stated amount. Looked like a 12* driver even though the loft said 9.5*. Found this highly unusual as Mizuno drivers have always been very good about being very close to there stated lofts.

All in all I think they have a winner on their hands. Will have to see how the loft thing plays out.

I think the appearance of additional loft is due to the paint/finish. The same paint/finish that is used for the face is used across the topline of the club and gives the appearance of additional loft. It was very noticeable on the previous 180's as well.

• ryborybo Members Posts: 2,215 ✭✭
    edited Oct 12, 2018 #44
    RonSwanson wrote:

I think the appearance of additional loft is due to the paint/finish. The same paint/finish that is used for the face is used across the topline of the club and gives the appearance of additional loft. It was very noticeable on the previous 180's as well.

A few of us commented on how the topline looks in relation to the loft, but the look of the additional loft had more to do with being able to see every white groove in the face. Also did a side by side comparison with a Titleist TS3 in the same loft and the ST just looked like it had way more loft. This may not be a bad thing if it launches properly.

Would have to hit it outside and see how the launch is, on the sim it was launching a bit high but not to the point of being excessive.

Still think Mizuno has a driver that can compete with anyone now. Should be interesting to see what happens once it is released.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • deep18deep18 Members Posts: 1,845 ✭✭
    Looking forward to seeing them release a 3 iron (and God forbid a 2 iron) in the 919 Forged. Thinking about tearing the bag apart this winter and putting a mixed set of 919 Forged/Tour irons in and a driving iron to match would be perfect.
  • TinkerGolfManTinkerGolfMan Tinker Golf Man Members Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    deep18 wrote:

Looking forward to seeing them release a 3 iron (and God forbid a 2 iron) in the 919 Forged. Thinking about tearing the bag apart this winter and putting a mixed set of 919 Forged/Tour irons in and a driving iron to match would be perfect.
    Agreed!
    TaylorMade 2019 M1 9°, Aldila Rogue 110, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align Midsize
    Bomb Tech 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Oban Devotion, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Nike Golf Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Mizuno JPX 919/ 4-6 Forged Irons /7-PW Tour Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Artisan Golf ★ custom 50°, 54°, 58°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Titleist Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport 2, SC Custom Shop work: Black Refinish, High-Buff shaft band, Yellow School Bus SC Matador, Face/Weight Stamps.
  • meliaantmeliaant Posts: 354 ✭✭
    av1084 wrote:

Really hoping for the raw T7s, such an amazing looking and performing wedge.

No kidding, those things are **** as ****
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Driver: TaylorMade M3 460 8.5* w/ Project X HZRDUS Black 65X
    3 wood: TaylorMade M4 15* w/ Aldila X-Torsion Copper 70X
    Hybrid: TaylorMade M4 Rescue 19* w/ Fujikura Atmos
    Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC 4-PW w/ Project X LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Mizuno T7 Blue 52*, 56*, 60*
    [/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3
    Bag: Ping Hoofer
    Ball: TaylorMade TP5x
    [/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Shoes: Puma Ignite PwrAdapt[/font]
  • redrage22redrage22 Members Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Those proto drivers tho! image/superman2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':superman2:' /> Where's my check book?!
    Driver - M5 w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX / Tensei Pro White 60TX
    Fairway - M5 w/ Tensei Blue 70X / Tensei White 70X
    Driving Iron - Srixon 565 3 iron w/ Project X. PXi 6.0
    Irons - Srixon 965 4-PW w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400's
    Wedges - Callaway MD4 Raw 52 56 & 60 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
    Putter - Toulon Vegas H7 w/ stroke lab shaft
  • jetmech879jetmech879 Members Posts: 1,175 ✭✭
    deep18 wrote:

I would be the happiest mizuno ho EVER!!!!
    Tmag M4 8.5° Aldila Rogue Silver 130 70TX
    Tmag M1 16° 3HL Aldila ATX Tour Green 85X
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-hi 18° Aldila Tour 115
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 4-PW PX 6.5
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F PX6.5, 54S,59D PX6.0
    Mizuno MP-A308 or Odyssey O-works T3 black
    Titleist 2019 Pro-V1X
  • GOLF4373GOLF4373 Members Posts: 271 ✭✭
    edited Oct 12, 2018 #50
    The rep told me the new irons are called the hot metal pro and they are a full set of distance irons like the 790 or g500 better looking with less offset. Retail release is Jan or feb.
    GOLF4373 wrote:

The rep told me the new irons are called the hot metal pro and they are a full set of distance irons like the 790 or g500 better looking with less offset. Retail release is Jan or feb.

Any talk of a T7 wedge replacement?
    I hit the 919 Forged today with a Modus 105 S shaft and they were VERY NICE. Was getting upwards of 170 carry on solid hits and 78 CH Speed. Great numbers.

I'm hesitant to grab a set though given how these new HM Pro heads will be out in a few months, and my CF16's on XP95's will work just fine for now.
    Long Live Nike
  • ProjectX_MizunoProjectX_Mizuno Posts: 1,695 ✭✭
    Warrick wrote:

Putter as well?
  • GOLF4373GOLF4373 Members Posts: 271 ✭✭
    deep18 wrote:

GOLF4373 wrote:

Any talk of a T7 wedge replacement?

Next time I order some clubs I’ll ask.
  • BlackM00NlightBlackM00Nlight IowaMembers Posts: 3,534 ✭✭

Warrick wrote:

Putter as well?

Mizuno has released MP putters in Asia in recent years. Also, Bettinardi used to milk putters with the Mizuno name. eBay
    Mizuno ST-190G Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno ST-190TS 15* Tensei White 70X
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2-A wedge AMT X100 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Engage Dual Sole 58 DG S400 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

• JonnyKrasnodarJonnyKrasnodar Members Posts: 1,804 ✭✭
    edited Oct 13, 2018 #56
    rybo wrote:

I'll definitely be giving this a go when it's available. I tried to get the blue version (last year's model?) to test because I was getting a bit bored of Taylormade but nowhere had one available. And if they did there were no shaft options so in the end I just left it. The M4 has been really good but I can't remember the last time I had a non TM driver.
  • BigHook25BigHook25 Members Posts: 2,290 ✭✭
    jetmech879 wrote:

deep18 wrote:

I would be the happiest mizuno ho EVER!!!!

Agreed, want to see a JPX 2-iron to replace my MP-H4 deuce iron.
  • YoureStillAway1YoureStillAway1 Posts: 101 ✭✭

Wow, these look amazing. Why the heck are these floating around as prototypes on Tour but aren't the retail version?!?
  • BlackM00NlightBlackM00Nlight IowaMembers Posts: 3,534 ✭✭

I would have preferred the mizuno 'prototype' woods that were spotted: [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/527566/spotted-three-new-mizuno-prototype-drivers-hit-the-usga-conforming-clubs-list/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...ing-clubs-list/[/url]

Wow, these look amazing. Why the heck are these floating around as prototypes on Tour but aren't the retail version?!?

Fairly certain they are JDM only.
    Mizuno ST-190G Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno ST-190TS 15* Tensei White 70X
    Nike Vapor Pro Combo 2-A wedge AMT X100 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Engage Dual Sole 58 DG S400 (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Nike RZN Tour Platinum

• mtnbiker5mtnbiker5 Posts: 305 ✭✭
    When do new MPs come out. That’s all anyone really cares about.
    edited Oct 16, 2018 #61
    mtnbiker5 wrote:

When do new MPs come out. That’s all anyone really cares about.

Hmmmm. Ok.....