Most Played-Out Complaints on GolfWRX

Comments

• deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,614 ClubWRX
    DavePelz4 wrote:

Move up a tee box.

He seems to been disappeared from the site.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • Lagavulin62Lagavulin62 Members Posts: 1,976 ClubWRX
    You need to get fitted.
  • cwglumcwglum Members Posts: 1,554 ✭✭
    Any budget friendly ball that doesn't spin or fly the same as a Titleist Pro V
  • eagle1997eagle1997 Members Posts: 18,048 ✭✭
    anth wrote:

Use the search function.

post a video!
    Cobra F8+ 9.5°
    TEE XCG4 3w 15°
    Cally Steelhead XR 17°
    Cobra BioCell 22°
    Cobra One Length 5-PW
    Bstone J15 50°
    Bstone J15 52°
    Odyssey Black Milled #1
  • KMeloneyKMeloney Members Posts: 4,725 ✭✭
    "The crown is too distracting"/"TM would sell so many more if they just made it in black"
  • mukstermukster Is this the year? North of the 49thMembers Posts: 3,473 ✭✭
    anth wrote:

Use the search function.

That's not advice, that's the complaint that's most overdone 'round here.

Dude. If you use the search function, you'll find all the threads you'll need about why you should use the search function.
    Callaway XR16 driver, 9 degrees, Diamana S+ shaft
    Callaway Epic Subzero 13.5, Mitsubishi Fubuki Z 65
    Mizuno ST180 5 wood, Tensei Blue shaft
    Nickent 3D 3 hybrid, generic shaft
    Srixon Z765 5-PW irons, KBS Tour V shafts
    Cleveland CBX 50* wedge
    Hogan Equalizer 54* wedge
    Mizuno S18 58* wedge
    Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter
    edited Oct 4, 2018 #38
    One I’ve heard a few times recently. Shaft labels up.

It’s obviously a pretty big issue. I’m not saying it’s not a legitimate complaint because it’s obviously very important to a lot of people. It’s just soemthing that I don’t even notice, so to see it as an issue was surprising to me (I’m Captain Obvious’s wierd coursin, mr oblivious]
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • RayGormanRayGorman Posts: 132 ✭✭
    slow play and "Pro's from Dover".

It’s obviously a pretty big issue. I’m not saying it’s not a legitimate complaint because it’s obviously very important to a lot of people. It’s just soemthing that I don’t even notice, so to see it as an issue was surprising to me (I’m Captain Obvious’s wierd coursin, mr oblivious]

If all someone sees at address is shaft labels they are either looking at the wrong thing or they have concentration issues.
  • MarkFromTheUKMarkFromTheUK Members Posts: 4,639 ✭✭
    It’s not a complaint thread, but the topic that REALLY grinds my gears more than any other are those “ help me choose” threads. Seriously, make up your own mind and don’t listen to interweb strangers.
    PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
    PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
    PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
    PXG Operator H - 34.5”
    Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
    PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
    Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!

If all someone sees at address is shaft labels they are either looking at the wrong thing or they have concentration issues.

Seems like a lot of people feel quite strongly about it. I think the first time I saw soemthing about it was in a Deal or no Deal thread. People felt very strongly about it.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62

It’s not a complaint thread, but the topic that REALLY grinds my gears more than any other are those “ help me choose” threads. Seriously, make up your own mind and don’t listen to interweb strangers.

“I have $200of proshop credit, what should I buy”?��
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • FergusonFerguson Executive Member VAMembers Posts: 4,431 ✭✭
    The "mean" group that won't let you play through.

It’s a difficult one to answer. You should ask the esteemed members of GolfWRX whether you’re good enough to play blades. Then of course you’ll need a bag. Are you good enough to be seen using a tour bag? Omg, so many questions that only GolfWRX can answer.
    PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
    PXG Operator H - 34.5”
    PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
    Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!
    Ferguson wrote:

Perhaps we could merge said threads with all the “we invited a single to join us and he turned out to be a real jackass” threads.
    PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
    PXG Operator H - 34.5”
    PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
    Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!
  • TPG1971TPG1971 Don't Get Rolled Members Posts: 956 ✭✭
    edited Oct 4, 2018 #47
    I might be alone, but I hear myself complaining everyday I read the forums. That **** word "game"... I game this, I game that, I gamed, I am now gaming... HATE IT EVERY SINGLE DAY.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    PING G30 9.5 [font=arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(255, 255, 0)]Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8 63 Stiff[/background][/font]
    Titleist 917F 16.5 Diamana Blue Stiff
    Wilson Staff C300 Hybrid 23 Fujikura Pro78 Stiff
    Irons TBD.
    RTX-3 50 bent to 51 DG Ti Onyx S400
    RTX-3 54 bent to 55 DG Ti Onyx S400
    RTX-3 60 bent to 59 DG Ti Onyx S400
    Cameron 009
    TPG1971 wrote:

I might be alone, but I hear myself complaining everyday I read the forums. That dame word "game"... I game this, I game that, I gamed, I am now gaming... HATE IT EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Add “murdered out” to the list. When did things stop being painted black?

Also, people who sign every forum post. Argh!
    PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
    PXG Operator H - 34.5”
    PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
    Bridgestone Tour B X

KaBoom Baby!
    Here’s the one that just makes me cringe. We see it in the instructiin forum.

Guy starts off with a basic swing concern, OTT, low pull hooks, fat shots etc. Wants to know how he can fix this.

Then he has to give us his personal stats which include a 110 swing speed with flexibility issues, oh and right now he is a 6 cap.

Haha. This guy is always around.
  • pholwaypholway Members Posts: 441
    TPG1971 wrote:
    I might be alone, but I hear myself complaining everyday I read the forums. That dame word "game"... I game this, I game that, I gamed, I am now gaming... HATE IT EVERY SINGLE DAY.

This x100. “Been my gamer for 2 season but need to let it go”

A close second is BST add titled “Let’s get these sold!”
    TM M4 Oban Devotion 6 04
    Titleist TS2 13.5* Project X Even Flow T1100 White
    Callaway Epic 5W set to 17* Project X Hzrdus Yellow (Handcrafted) or Ping G15 17* Aldila Serrano 75R (yep, Regular Flex Serrano)
    Titleist 915 HD 21.5* GD AD DI Hybrid 75s
    Callaway Apex CF16 5-AW KBS C-Taper Lite S
    Vokey SM6 KBS C-Taper R
    Odyssey EXO Seven S
  • FergusonFerguson Executive Member VAMembers Posts: 4,431 ✭✭

Ferguson wrote:

Perhaps we could merge said threads with all the “we invited a single to join us and he turned out to be a real jackass” threads.

And merge with the guy that talks too much or carries too many towels.
    pholway wrote:

TPG1971 wrote:

This x100. “Been my gamer for 2 season but need to let it go”

A close second is BST add titled “Let’s get these sold!”

Haha. We should ban that word!!!!
  • PALS-SSAPALS-SSA Posts: 279 ✭✭
    edited Oct 4, 2018 #53
    Listening to the various camps play the victim because they can't stand criticism:

Cameron

Lamb

PXG

We aren't jealous of you and we actually can afford it. We just like other products better.
  • Adbeach321Adbeach321 Members Posts: 145 ✭✭
    Right handers complaining when lefties ask if club will be available
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 6,190 ✭✭
    "i wish that companies wouldn't stamp their name on these new MB's". "is a plain, non descriptive, hard to tell from anything else club really too much to ask"??
    driver: SRIXON Z745
    fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
    3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP18MMC FLIHI
    5-9 IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX 4: 48, 53, 58, 64
    PUTTER; RIFE Cayman
    BALL; various, ask me that day.
  • Gilmore-HappyGilmore-Happy Posts: 93 ✭✭
    eagle1997 wrote:

anything distance related.

"i'm not a true wrxer who carries his 7i 210..."

just stop it.

no one cares how far you hit it, how far you claim you hit it, or if you hit it short. just like with other things, some guys are long, some not. it's the internet, we're all wearing pants, well, mostly anyway.

This is also a played out complaint. Who gives a s*** if someone brings up how far they hit it? Especially if it's relevant to the topic at hand. Now, as far as just bringing it up for the sake of a pissing contest, then yes I agree.
  • Bad9Bad9 Members Posts: 4,179 ✭✭
    eagle1997 wrote:
    we're all wearing pants,

Speak for yourself ;-)
    Ping G400 10.5°/Xcaliber SL r flex
    Callaway Heavenwood Xcaliber SL r flex
    Maltby KE4 Tour 25°/Xcaliber HY r flex

Maltby KE4 Tour 28°/Xcaliber HY r flex
    Ping I200 5-G/CFS70 r flex
    Maltby Tricept 54°/Xcaliber r flex
    Maltby Tricept 58°/Xcaliber r flex
    Mizuno Bettinardi C06
  • ObeeObee ClubWRX Posts: 3,663 ClubWRX
    mshills wrote:
    Not so much on this board, but among golfers in general, I hear way too much complaining about course conditioning.

No, the $50 daily fee course you are playing is not going to look and feel like Augusta National, nor are terrarium-like conditions needed for a good golf experience.

"Terrarium." Nice.
    PING G400 Max - Tour 65 S
    Callaway Rogue 15* 3W
    Titleist H1 19* Diamana S+ Blue 70hy
    Titleist H1 23* Diamana S+ Blue 70hy
    Adams Idea Tech V4 5H 25* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
    Adams Idea Tech V4 6H 28* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
    Adams Idea Tech V4 7H 32* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
    Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S
    Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
    Don Wood Custom Grind 47* PW
    Don Wood Custom Grind 51* GW
    Titleist "Vokey Design" 56* K Grind
    Mizuno S18 60/7 LW
    Odyssey Works Versa Tank 1W (bent to 78.5*)
  • Bad9Bad9 Members Posts: 4,179 ✭✭

It’s a difficult one to answer. You should ask the esteemed members of GolfWRX whether you’re good enough to play blades. Then of course you’ll need a bag. Are you good enough to be seen using a tour bag? Omg, so many questions that only GolfWRX can answer.

Then its "Should I put my name on my tour bag" and all the responses you need to be a +6 to qualify for your name on your bag otherwise you're a poser.
    Ping G400 10.5°/Xcaliber SL r flex
    Callaway Heavenwood Xcaliber SL r flex
    Maltby KE4 Tour 25°/Xcaliber HY r flex

Maltby KE4 Tour 28°/Xcaliber HY r flex
    Ping I200 5-G/CFS70 r flex
    Maltby Tricept 54°/Xcaliber r flex
    Maltby Tricept 58°/Xcaliber r flex
    Mizuno Bettinardi C06
  • mshillsmshills T-I-G-E-R-S! Fight Tigers, fight dammit, FIGHT FIGHT! Members Posts: 3,815 ✭✭
    Obee wrote:

mshills wrote:
    Not so much on this board, but among golfers in general, I hear way too much complaining about course conditioning.

No, the $50 daily fee course you are playing is not going to look and feel like Augusta National, nor are terrarium-like conditions needed for a good golf experience.

"Terrarium." Nice.

Thank you.....I wish it was an original comment, but I admit I lifted it from Curt Sampson's book on The Masters. :-)
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 8 deg
    TEE E8 Beta 16.5 deg
    Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood
    TEE CB Pro 3h 21 deg
    Titleist 735.CM 4-PW, S300
    Titleist Vokey 54.14, 58.08
    Dave Curry Big Oak custom center shaft
    Custom Eliott carry bag, waxed canvas and leather
  • rich srich s Posts: 492 ✭✭
    edited Oct 4, 2018 #61
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place but please don't move it, I hate it when my **** gets moved. My day started out great. I was all excited to get the new GAPR low. To my dread I drive all the way to the outlet store only to find out it does not come in LH, what a joke. While I am there though I hear this sound, it is a sound you hear before something terrible happens. I push a few mannequins over as I run for the bathroom. My pants coming down, sitting and relieving all happened simultaneously. I don't know what I ate but there was no amount of monkey butt that was going to help. The worst though was this guy in the next stall talking to his buddy about what his budget is for golf equipment this year. Infuriating.

Anyways, I get myself and the stall cleaned up and head for the course. I am playing to a 25 and always play the tips. Just as I was about to tee off this guy comes up and wants to join. No sooner I say yes that I look down and see the sum of all fears...a bluetooth speaker in his cart. We both hit decent drives (I must have miss hit mine a little off because on this 450 yard par 4 I am usually only 50 out). Worst part is though that I am in the rough because the superintendent thinks 40 yard fairways are a good idea...idiot. So of course I don't have the right wedge for this distance and end up hitting a punch 7 iron. Now normally that shot has15,000 rpms of backspin but for some reason it did not check and it bounced straight off the back of the green. I want to sell my current wedge to fix this problem but every friggin time I post it for sale, the mods on golfwrx delete my post. So I finish up with bogey, while listening to celine dion, only to look over to the second tee box and see not one, not two, not three but FOUR people on it teeing off. I knew at this point I was going to be in for a long day.

So after what seemed like an eternity, our tiny fairway is clear for me to tee off. Now I have been swinging my green shaft Super Speed at a whopping 110 so I look over at this music playing hippee, pull out my 90 compression ball and say "watch this". I hit a perfect ball a good 400 out there right on the green. Well we drive up and cant find it. My only guess is because the green had all these holes and a bunch of sand it deflected off and who knows where it went. I take an eagle and we move onto the next hole.

Par 3-I can't take anymore titanic music. I shank it into the greenside bunker. This bunker looks like it has not been raked since reagan was in office. I am livid (as I should be, I mean pro's have perfect bunkers) and thin it out of bounds. I am not counting that so I rake it properly and set my ball down and hit the perfect sand shot right at the hole. I know its going in, its a freaking amazing shot. Well 4' before it gets to the hole it hits this guys ball marker. It looks like the cap from a milk jug. This is not going to be my day.

Out of frustration I ask this guy what his handicap is and he says a 20. He gives me 5 for the remainder of the round. Sure I was a little off but there was NO WAY this guy was a 20. He beat me. I lost my Ping Replica PXG driving iron to him because he sand bagged me.

So my question is, I got $200 worth of store credit, what clubs do you think I should buy?