Athletic or Slim Fit Rain Jacket

johnsompjohnsomp Members Posts: 173 ✭✭
Does anyone have recommendations for athletic or slim fitting rain gear. I am generally between large and medium sizes. Large have the correct sleeve lenght but i am swimming in the gut area. Medium have tight sleeves but are good around the gut. So id be looking at a slim fit large. Any ideas? I tried the Proquip PX1 with the side straps, but while a good idea, they were not really that functional.

Comments

• SPIFSPIF Posts: 767 ✭✭
    Kjus.
  • JoelsimJoelsim Posts: 675 ✭✭
    Get a Kjus Dexter. I, like you am usually between an M and a L. The 52 size fits me well with a 42” chest and has room for a couple of layers underneath without being baggy. I could probably get away with a 50 but that wouldn’t allow me to wear much more than a single layer underneath.
    Ping G400 Driver 10.5 Regular Alta CB 44.5”
    Ping G400 13.5 3-Wood Regular Alta CB 42”
    Titleist 818 H1 18 3-Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
    Titleist 818 H1 23 4-Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
    Ping G400 4-UW Regular Alta (#4 at power spec loft)
    Cleveland CBX 52
    Cleveland CBX 56
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 58 X
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 64 S
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #3
    Odyssey O-Works Marxman
  • cristphotocristphoto Members Posts: 3,293 ✭✭
    I have both Zero Restriction and Sunice rain jackets and both have internal adjustment straps in the waist area. Never had a problem with fit but when it’s raining I’m more concerned with staying dry than style. I hear the European brands tend to fit slender people better but don’t have any personal experience.

• johnsompjohnsomp Members Posts: 173 ✭✭
    Thanks. It's not a style issue (I really don't care about color) but a swing issue. It feels like swinging in a trash bag.
  • JoelsimJoelsim Posts: 675 ✭✭
    edited Oct 5, 2018 #6
    Try the Kjus Dexter then, just get a halfzip. Pretty sure you won’t regret it.

And it folds up to about the size of your phone, fully waterproofed seams etc, really doesn’t get in the way of a swing.
    Ping G400 Driver 10.5 Regular Alta CB 44.5”
    Ping G400 13.5 3-Wood Regular Alta CB 42”
    Titleist 818 H1 18 3-Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
    Titleist 818 H1 23 4-Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
    Ping G400 4-UW Regular Alta (#4 at power spec loft)
    Cleveland CBX 52
    Cleveland CBX 56
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 58 X
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 64 S
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #3
    Odyssey O-Works Marxman
  • Thunder DanThunder Dan Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭
    Greyson
  • sthompson42sthompson42 Texas42 Members Posts: 69 ✭✭
    I just bought the Kjus Dexter and it is the real deal. Chris made the recommendation I believe and it delivers. Lightweight and breathable. It took me a long time to find the perfect rain jacket for warm weather with a great fit.I too am often between medium and large, the large fits perfect. I got a great deal so look around.