Taylormade Survey free 4 ball back TP/TP5x

Comments

• jschwarbjschwarb Members Posts: 733 ✭✭
    grm24 wrote:

CKalma wrote:

Recieved my 5 TP5x in Washington state today. Luckily didn't lose any of the balls as they were all over the place in the box.
    If the sturdy brown box they were delivered in was still sealed with the unbroken packing tape you were not in any danger of losing any golf balls. It's not like TM simply slapped a shipping label on the TP5x box and sent them.

The TP5x were in a two-sleeve box with a little five-hole thing to make them look nice (instead of individual sleeve boxes), but in transit they pop out of the holes and roll around. Some people here sound shocked that things will roll around a box while moving across the country.

As for the lack of tape on the outer box, another no big deal. That box wasn't opening on its own, and if someone wanted to steal contents, tape isn't exactly stopping them.

I think the lack of good golf weather for a lot of members here is driving them mad.
  • johngalt312johngalt312 Member ClubWRX Posts: 361 ClubWRX

alexdub wrote:

Received the TP5x five ball sampler a few days ago. Thought it was for a dozen. Survey not worth the time.

The survey only took 3 minutes. Maybe you had trouble understanding the questions?

Maybe five minutes of my time is worth more than five TP5x golf balls?

If your time is so valuable maybe you should stay off the forums.

Perhaps.

That said, bill is now in the mail for me having to read and respond to this post.
    G400 Max Driver
    G400 3-Wood
    G400 5-Wood
    i210 Irons 3-P
    Glide 2.0 Wedges 52*, 58*
    Vault 2.0 Dale Anser
    Jani-King Towel
  • mtex22mtex22 ClubWRX Posts: 2,160 ClubWRX
    Got mine!!

Ive told you guys a million times, you gotta try this ball!! image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
    TITLEIST 917 D2 10.5 Tour Issue - Atmos Tour Spec 6
    ADAMS Tight Lies TI 15 - Diamana D+ White 80
    SRIXON H85 19 - PX Hzrdus Black 80
    SRIXON Z745 - TT Elevate Tour
    COBRA Pur - 50V / 54V / 58V - KBS Hi Rev 2.0
    SCOTTY CAMERON Fastback 1.5 Custom / CARBON Holliday Flowneck Custom
  • augustgolfaugustgolf Golf with dignity Coastal NCMembers Posts: 3,891 ✭✭
    grm24 wrote:

CKalma wrote:

Recieved my 5 TP5x in Washington state today. Luckily didn't lose any of the balls as they were all over the place in the box.
    If the sturdy brown box they were delivered in was still sealed with the unbroken packing tape you were not in any danger of losing any golf balls. It's not like TM simply slapped a shipping label on the TP5x box and sent them.

reading comprehension skills - no one had any type of packing tape on any of the boxes.

That means that they could have all been opened - accidentally or on purpose - anywhere along the ling.

I think that my box was opened by someone, because the little cutout thingy designed to hold/display the balls was out of place, and the balls were rolling around, Surprised that the box didn't open anywhere in transit.

I guess that cost of the tape was just a bit too much for the budget
    Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
    or is it 1514...
    I don't remember exactly

alexdub wrote:

Received the TP5x five ball sampler a few days ago. Thought it was for a dozen. Survey not worth the time.

The survey only took 3 minutes. Maybe you had trouble understanding the questions?

Perhaps.

That said, bill is now in the mail for me having to read and respond to this post.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:4201324]
    Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
    or is it 1514...
    I don't remember exactly
  • larryd3larryd3 Members Posts: 573 ✭✭
    Wow I’m amazed at all the complaints and criticisms. You all need to be move somewhere with year round golf. Maybe that’ll help.
    TM M4
    Epic 15*
    816 H1 19*
    816 H1 24*
    PXG 0311 5-pw
    50* SM7 F
    54* SM6 M
    58* SM7 S
    PXG Operator H
  • AzSuperHack76AzSuperHack76 ClubWRX Posts: 1,430 ClubWRX
    Hahahaha, some people...
  • DrudershDrudersh ClubWRX Posts: 2,902 ClubWRX
    edited Dec 3, 2018 #369
    Drudersh wrote:

Im not understanding the claims of wedges eating the covers. Ive been using tp5x exclusively the last 2 yrs and its the most durable ball ive ever played. What am I missing here?

The center of the face....

Sorry that was a layup, couldn't resist.

I went and pulled the ball I played on Sunday out. Here’s the scuff one 100 yard wedge shot left on the ball. I even polished it up before I took the picture.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
    Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
    Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
    Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
    Odyssey Versa 2-Ball
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers Posts: 3,004 ✭✭
    edited Dec 4, 2018 #370
    augustgolf wrote:

grm24 wrote:

CKalma wrote:

reading comprehension skills - no one had any type of packing tape on any of the boxes.

That means that they could have all been opened - accidentally or on purpose - anywhere along the ling.

I think that my box was opened by someone, because the little cutout thingy designed to hold/display the balls was out of place, and the balls were rolling around, Surprised that the box didn't open anywhere in transit.

My reading comprehension is just fine Thank You.. I received my 5 ball pack of the TP5x last week. It came in a study brown box that was sealed with brown paper packing tape. The golf balls in their package were rolling around like others here. Poor box design by TM. I stand by my post that unless someone opened the original shipping box from TM they were never in danger of not getting their golf balls. Perhaps I have an honest Fed-Ex delivery driver.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • rrowerrowe Launch Fuel Expert Posts: 122
    grm24 wrote:

I stand by my post that unless someone opened the original shipping box from TM one was not in danger of not getting their golf balls.

Do you seal an envelope before placing it in the mail? Why?
  • Payton1020Payton1020 Members Posts: 1,964 ✭✭
    COBRA Fly Z, Fly Z+, LTD Black
    ADAMS Super S 15* & 18* Matrix HD Radix SVI
    CLEVELAND Gliderail 588 20.5* Kuro Kage 80IR
    CALLAWAY '14 Apex Forged 5-GW Recoil 680 F4

INNOVEX Type S GDT 50*, 54* Kuro Kage Black 80i
    ODYSSEY Tri-Ball SRT

OGIO Grom 14 way stand bag
  • alexdubalexdub Face sends it, path bends it UtahMembers Posts: 1,058 ✭✭
    grm24 wrote:

augustgolf wrote:

grm24 wrote:

CKalma wrote:

My reading comprehension is just fine Thank You.. one was not in danger of not getting their golf balls.

Your double-negative suggests that we actually were in danger of getting our golf balls.
    Clubs: Callaway XR16 Pro 9.0* •• Ping G 14.5* •• Scratch EZ1 3-PW •• Ping Glide 52* 56* 60* •• Ping WRX Scottsdale BeNi
    Shafts: Fujikura ATMOS Black 7X •• Project X Blue 8B4 •• KBS C Taper 125
    Balls: TP5 •• Srixon Z Star XV •• Pro V1
  • ckayckay Members Posts: 3,867 ✭✭
    grm24 wrote:

augustgolf wrote:

grm24 wrote:

CKalma wrote:

The golf balls in their package were rolling around like others here. Poor box design by TM.

Mine were rolling around as well. I couldn't care any less since the "poor box design" was going in the trash anyway.
    Taylormade M4 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

WITB Link
  • Timbo929Timbo929 Posts: 390 ✭✭
    Oh hickory sticks grandma, that doggone brown box ruined my whole experience.. Just kidding.

Got home last night after an awesome day at work. Not only is my beautiful wife and kids waiting for me but these bad boys as well.

Thank you very much TaylorMade and OP. Can't wait till Saturday to test these to see if they will replace my Pro V1's.

• youngunz5840youngunz5840 Members Posts: 2,282 ✭✭
    Got mine today 5 tp5x I am very happy. I have been loving these latey
  • CKalmaCKalma Members Posts: 444 ✭✭
    edited Dec 4, 2018 #377
    grm24 wrote:

augustgolf wrote:

grm24 wrote:

CKalma wrote:

My reading comprehension is just fine Thank You.. I received my 5 ball pack of the TP5x last week. It came in a study brown box that was sealed with brown paper packing tape. The golf balls in their package were rolling around like others here. Poor box design by TM. I stand by my post that unless someone opened the original shipping box from TM they were never in danger of not getting their golf balls. Perhaps I have an honest Fed-Ex delivery driver.

I guess I should explain this a little more as there appears to be some confusion and denial that anyone could recieve their package in any condition other than theirs had been recieved. No need for any of this, we've all seen or heard of horror stories with packages. The free golf balls I recieved that I am very thankful for, were in the Taylormade box rolling around on top of the paper with the cut outs and the box was not quite slid all the way closed. And the "sturdy" box, that was also partially open without any tape sealing it. Like someone else stated before me, it looks like someone opened it... saw what was inside and closed it tossing it back in a pile with little effort of putting back the way it was or maybe it was tossed around a bunch during delivery and somehow started opening up both boxes... Also no lava here. I was thinking more that if the box had fully opened during shipment all of the balls probably would have bounced around everywhere but back into the box.
    TM M3 8.5* Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
    TM SLDR 15* Tensei CK Pro Blue 80TX
    TM TP UDI 18* DG X100
    TM 2014 MC 4, MB 5-9 DG T.I. X100
    TM TP EF 47* 52* 56* 60* T.I. X100/S400
    TM T.I. JR Murdered Spider Blade
  • ode1ode1 Members Posts: 2,825 ✭✭
    CKalma wrote:

grm24 wrote:

augustgolf wrote:

grm24 wrote:

CKalma wrote:

I guess I should explain this a little more as there appears to be some confusion and denial that anyone could recieve their package in any condition other than theirs had been recieved. No need for any of this, we've all seen or heard of horror stories with packages. The free golf balls I recieved that I am very thankful for, were in the Taylormade box rolling around on top of the paper with the cut outs and the box was not quite slid all the way closed. And the "sturdy" box, that was also partially open without any tape sealing it. Like someone else stated before me, it looks like someone opened it... saw what was inside and closed it tossing it back in a pile with little effort of putting back the way it was or maybe it was tossed around a bunch during delivery and somehow started opening up both boxes... Also no lava here. I was thinking more that if the box had fully opened during shipment all of the balls probably would have bounced around everywhere but back into the box.

• theboypinoytheboypinoy Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    Got my TP5x also; thanks Taylormade!
  • RSinSGRSinSG ClubWRX Posts: 3,020 ClubWRX
    I got two sleeves of 3 balls. Pretty sweet for taking a short survey.

I requested the TP5x and got TP5 but I'm interested to see how they perform. Thanks to TM for this and for the OP.
    Ping G400 Tour AD DI6s
    Ping G30 3 wood, 5 wood
    Ben Hogan VTKR 21* hybrid
    Ping G400 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
    Ping Glide 60* LW
    Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or)
     Scotty CameronFastback
    Gamegolf
    https://www.ledges.com/ Home course
  • hlcahlca Members Posts: 485 ✭✭
    Got mine too. I was also surprised there was no packing tape, but after a tense count, all 5 balls were accounted for.
    Callaway X2 Hot driver 10.5* w/ Proforce V2 stiff shaft
    TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 3W 15* w/ stock shaft
    TaylorMade Jetspeed 3H 19* w/ stock shaft
    Callaway X2 Hot 5-AW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 stiff shaft
    Callaway MD4 S-Grind 54* 58* w/ stock shaft
    Nike Method MOD 60 putter
  • ProphetLogicProphetLogic Members Posts: 507 ✭✭

alexdub wrote:

Perhaps.

If 5 minutes of your time is worth a dozen balls, and TP5x balls are $35 a dozen, then I can figure your time would be worth $7 a minute. So $7 a minute means about $0.12 a second. I'll take responsibility for making you read my post, but not for your response, that's on you. How long did it take for you to read and comprehend my post, 1.5 seconds ish? PM me your paypal address and I'll send you 18 cents.
  • johngalt312johngalt312 Member ClubWRX Posts: 361 ClubWRX
    edited Dec 5, 2018 #383
    My preceding post and your subsequent response: that’s my profit logic.

PM forthcoming.
    G400 Max Driver
    G400 3-Wood
    G400 5-Wood
    i210 Irons 3-P
    Glide 2.0 Wedges 52*, 58*
    Vault 2.0 Dale Anser
    Jani-King Towel
  • kcsfkcsf Members Posts: 1,025 ✭✭
    I haven't seen this many panties in a wad since high school.
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,173 ✭✭
    Haven't gotten mine yet. Oh well I guess...
    WITB
    DRIVER MIA
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge (Hi Toe 58 KBS Wedge in test)
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

Z1ggy16 wrote:

Haven't gotten mine yet. Oh well I guess...

I'll be happy to share mine...but, we'll have to flip for the "odd ball", since cutting one in half, while making the split equitable, doesn't do either of us any good.

I bet...if I were to ship you these balls, packaged exactly like I received them, none of the carriers would accept the packaging.
    Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
    or is it 1514...
    I don't remember exactly
  • vietnameehvietnameeh HIT BALL FAR NOT BALL STRAIGHT Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭
    edited Dec 7, 2018 #387
    Lol my brother just got his empty box from fedex lol!

Fedex literally dropped an empty box on the front door

Some notes his box and my box had no tape on it

My fiancé told me when she grabbed my package it was opened already but the receipt and box of balls were in there

My brother straight said the box was closed but empty lol

So funny
    Cobra LTD PRO 7.5F* Aldila Phenom NL 60X
    Callaway XR16 Pro 14* Graphite Design PM902X
    Taylormade M3 17* Fujikura 869 Speeder Tour Spec X
    2012 TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC 4-PW X100
    Wilson FG Tour TC 52,56,60
    Ping TR 1966 Anser 2
    #vietnameeh
  • KaBoom21KaBoom21 Members Posts: 1,570
    Several people at my home course never received their balls and have organized a TayloMade protest of sorts. At 10am (CDT) this Saturday all interested parties may bring any TaylorMade clubs, balls, bags, hats (visors too) and apparel to be promptly launched into the pond adjacent the 14th green. We expect a good turnout.

Enough is enough.
  • Froo Shon TayFroo Shon Tay Members Posts: 944
    KaBoom21 wrote:

Several people at my home course never received their balls and have organized a TayloMade protest of sorts. At 10am (CDT) this Saturday all interested parties may bring any TaylorMade clubs, balls, bags, hats (visors too) and apparel to be promptly launched into the pond adjacent the 14th green. We expect a good turnout.

Enough is enough.

Ship me all your TaylorMade stuff and I’ll send you my 5 TM balls. I will use tape on the box.
  • bubbagumpbubbagump SLDR $5000 Challenge The EmpireMembers Posts: 5,518 ✭✭
    KaBoom21 wrote:

Enough is enough.

Trashing stuff that they already made money off you, that will really show them.
    8.5* Ping G400 LST with AD BB 7x
    12* SLDR Mini with TS Speeder 7.2
    17* Callaway Epic with ADDI 95
    19* Mizuno MP18 FLI HI with KBS C-taper
    5-GW Mizuno JPX 900 Forged with KBS C-taper
    60* Cleveland RTX-3 CB with KBS C-taper

Toulon Atlanta
  • kcsfkcsf Members Posts: 1,025 ✭✭
    edited Dec 9, 2018 #391
    bubbagump wrote:

KaBoom21 wrote:

Enough is enough.

Trashing stuff that they already made money off you, that will really show them.