***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Best custom putter for the money ?

HITMAN67 ·  
HITMAN67HITMAN67 Members  78WRX Points: 62Posts: 78 Fairways
Hello,<br />
I'm looking to build custom putter that resembles Molinari's Bettinardi Dass BB-0.<br />
My budget is around $400~$500. <br />
There are many great custom putter builders (Byron, Lajosi, Lamont etc.) but I do not have any experience with them.<br />
Your recommendations will be greatly appreciated.<br />
<br />
Thank You!
Posted:

Comments

• OpinderOpinder Banned  422WRX Points: 1Handicap: 10Posts: 422 Bunkers
    Looking good putter cheap and yourself make custom a putter. <br />
    <br />
    My putter build custom. <br />
    <br />
    - Never Compromise Sub 30 D3 for used $50<br />
    - Aluminum insert <br />
    - pistol putter GP new $30<br />
    - black shaft Apollo PVD putter $14.99 with shipping $15<br />
    <br />
    It's good putter used than new expensive
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • FlyOverFlyOver SoCalMembers  394WRX Points: 108Handicap: 5Posts: 394 Greens
    HITMAN67 wrote:
    <br />
    Hello,<br />
    I'm looking to build custom putter that resembles Molinari's Bettinardi Dass BB-0[color="#000000"].[/color]<br />
    [color="#000000"]My budget is around $400~$500.[/color] <br />
    [color="#000000"]There are many great custom putter builders (Byron, Lajosi, Lamont etc.) but I do not have any experience with them.[/color]<br />
    [color="#000000"]Your recommendations will be greatly appreciated.[/color]<br />
    <br />
    [color="#000000"]Thank You![/color]<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Save up more and get yourself the real deal.
    Posted:
  • benno_rbenno_r Members  838WRX Points: 119Handicap: 11Posts: 838 Golden Tee
    HITMAN67 wrote:
    <br />
    Hello,<br />
    I'm looking to build custom putter that resembles Molinari's Bettinardi Dass BB-0.<br />
    My budget is around $400~$500. <br />
    There are many great custom putter builders (Byron, Lajosi, Lamont etc.) but I do not have any experience with them.<br />
    Your recommendations will be greatly appreciated.<br />
    <br />
    Thank You!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    With the Aussie dollar going down the toilet you'll get something great from Lajosi for that price.
    Posted:
    Cobra F9 - Accra CS1 60 M3
    Cobra Bio Cell 4w - Accra CS1 70 M3
    Mizuno JPX850 - Altus Hybrid
    Wilson c300 forged 4-GW - Paderson Kevlar Green 110
    GrindWorks 54/58
    Toulon - with Edel / Lajosi / Ping / Xenon / Odyssey / Black Lab on possible rotation
  • LionGolferLionGolfer Members  1472WRX Points: 159Posts: 1,472 Platinum Tees
    Go lajosi. It's a healthy budget with Kari and you get very good work.
    Posted:
    Drivers : Crazy435COAAngel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriCrazy9Dia-ProceedIXCOABurningAngel
    UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG 317
    Irons : GrindStudioProto-ModartCBC-PXG311T-RoddioMeisterM
    Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-Orion
    Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Kitada-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-Xenon
  • Dr.FrankenputzDr.Frankenputz Members  895WRX Points: 190Handicap: 13Posts: 895 Golden Tee
    Third vote for Lajosi.
    Posted:
  • 5UnderPar5UnderPar Members  922WRX Points: 90Posts: 922 Golden Tee
    Love TP Mills. David Mills, while sometimes busy, will make what you want. I have had him make 3 customs over the years.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • C_radC_rad QuebecMembers  2772WRX Points: 133Handicap: 7Posts: 2,772 Titanium Tees
    Vote for lajosi. Love mine.
    Posted:
    Titleist 915 d2
    Titleist 917 f2 18*

PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

project x L.Z 5.5:
    Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
    Nike engage 52 square,
    56 toe sweep
    60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag
  • Bucken77Bucken77 Poor Mans Ho Raleigh, North CarolinaClubWRX  2265WRX Points: 189Posts: 2,265 Platinum Tees
    I love my Byron. Not sure I would say it is bang for the buck but it's made me not even think of a new putter for years. What I have in my bag is exactly what my mind thought of when I first approached him for a new putter
    Posted:
    Titleist 913 D2/White Tie Stiff
    Titleist 2-4H S+ Stiff
    Titleist AP2 714 5-GW
    Titleist SM4 52/58
    Byron Morgan GSS DH-89
    www.gamegolf.com/player/Chunkylover77
  • TigerzoneTigerzone Love My 009 & DH89 Members  10WRX Points: 55Posts: 10 Bunkers
    Im getting my APC putter soon. They pretty much did what I wanted on it.
    Posted:
  • rkochies4580rkochies4580 ClubWRX  1258WRX Points: 131Handicap: 6Posts: 1,258 ClubWRX
    Mannkrafted or Xenon...
    Posted:
  • woods991woods991 believelandClubWRX  2613WRX Points: 188Handicap: 11Posts: 2,613 Titanium Tees
    <br />
    Any of the above mentioned are very good. But if you want a putter that would perform the same, why not an Evnroll? Same face milling. I know is not "custom", but....<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Loving Evnroll made with top shelf materials very good putters.
    Posted:
    Signature of Solon CC
    TM Sim Max tour issue w/LinQ 65f/Accra TZ5 Proto 
    TM SIM Ti 15 tour ad iz 6
    Titleist 913 518 Diamana Thump 60
    Mizuno Jpx 919 Hot Metal Nippon Modus3 Pro 105 4-pw 
    Taylormade MG2 50,54 Modus3 Tour
    Honma tw-w4 Modus3 Tour 120 60
    Sik Flo C 33.75 w/BGT Stability Tour 

Advertisement
  • HITMAN67HITMAN67 Members  78WRX Points: 62Posts: 78 Fairways
    Appreciate all your comments and recommendations.<br />
    Lajosi seems like a popular choice... I'll email Lajosi and go from there...
    Posted:
  • tleadertleader Members  678WRX Points: 174Posts: 678 Golden Tee
    Lajosi by far for value. He has so many head styles and is willing to modify, and pretty well engrave anything. He’s a CNC wizard and can create your dream putter. Quick to respond to emails too.
    Posted:
  • C_radC_rad QuebecMembers  2772WRX Points: 133Handicap: 7Posts: 2,772 Titanium Tees
    tleader wrote:
    Lajosi by far for value. He has so many head styles and is willing to modify, and pretty well engrave anything. He&#146;s a CNC wizard and can create your dream putter. Quick to respond to emails too.
    you can look at my avatar. I wanted the name of my daugther in small cubes. Didnt charge an extra and the works is more than perfect!!!
    Posted:
    Titleist 915 d2
    Titleist 917 f2 18*

PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

project x L.Z 5.5:
    Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
    Nike engage 52 square,
    56 toe sweep
    60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag
  • leftygolferessexleftygolferessex Essex, UKMembers  237WRX Points: 132Handicap: 5Posts: 237 Fairways
    I would look at LaJosi, Byron, Xenon or Mannkraft <br />
    <br />
    All unbelievable quality, just depends on what look/style you like the look of<br />
    <br />
    I have had one from each (apart from Mann) and all of them make a superb putter
    Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik Project X HZRDUS Smoke
    Cobra Speedzone 14.5 Tensi Blue
    Taylormade GAPR LO 18 KBS Tour / Titleist TS2 18 
    Mizuno MP20 HMB 4 Iron
    Wilson Staff Model 5-PW
    Taylormade MG2 50, 54, 60
    Bettinardi BB0 Tour Stock / Byron Morgan DH89
    Jones Utility Trouper
    Full bag here

• tleadertleader Members  678WRX Points: 174Posts: 678 Golden Tee
    C&#045;rad wrote:
    <br />
    tleader wrote:
    Lajosi by far for value. He has so many head styles and is willing to modify, and pretty well engrave anything. He’s a CNC wizard and can create your dream putter. Quick to respond to emails too.
    you can look at my avatar. I wanted the name of my daugther in small cubes. Didnt charge an extra and the works is more than perfect!!!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I remember that build from PT. Outstanding.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • T-MACT-MAC Members  2022WRX Points: 133Posts: 2,022 Platinum Tees
    I have putters from all of the custom manufacturers mentioned above. They all make terrific stuff. I had an Evnroll for all of 1 month. Didn't care for the feedback. <br />
    If you're looking at a budget of 400-500.00, then I would look at used. You should also check and see what you could work out with Kari on a new stick.<br />
    Also, check out Black Lab Putters. Chip puts out a terrific product for the money. In fact, when someone mentions best bang for the buck, the first putter that comes to mind is a Black Lab.<br />
    Good luck with whatever you choose. You can't go wrong with any of the custom manufacturers mentioned.<br />
    Posted:
  • YoureStillAway1YoureStillAway1 Members  146WRX Points: 34Posts: 146 Fairways
    FlyOver wrote:
    <br />
    HITMAN67 wrote:
    <br />
    Hello,<br />
    I'm looking to build custom putter that resembles Molinari's Bettinardi Dass BB-0[color="#000000"].[/color]<br />
    [color="#000000"]There are many great custom putter builders (Byron, Lajosi, Lamont etc.) but I do not have any experience with them.[/color]<br />
    [color="#000000"]Your recommendations will be greatly appreciated.[/color]<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Save up more and get yourself the real deal.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    This. Instead of skimping, just save up for the real McCoy.
    Posted:
  • 5hort5tuff5hort5tuff Members  3509WRX Points: 212Posts: 3,509 Titanium Tees
    <br />
    FlyOver wrote:
    <br />
    HITMAN67 wrote:
    <br />
    Hello,<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    This. Instead of skimping, just save up for the real McCoy.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Why?<br />
    <br />
    For $500 you can get a sweet custom made and he can save himself some coin.
    Posted:
    COBRA LTD w. Hzrdus Red
    WISHON 919 w. Hzrdus Red
    TAYLORMADE Issue Aeroburner w. Tensei Blue
    PING G25 w. Tensei Blue
    PING I200 w. AWT 2.0
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth
    MannKrafted Carbon WB Rattler
    Xenon Copper Wide X
    SGC 902
  • PALS-SSAPALS-SSA Members  302WRX Points: 82Posts: 302 Greens
    Nobody has a better Anser shape than Byron Morgan. His DH-89 is perfect, and he can pretty much build anything you want. <br />
    <br />
    Second to that would be Lajosi, especially if you want something besides carbon or stainless.
    Posted:
  • FlyOverFlyOver SoCalMembers  394WRX Points: 108Handicap: 5Posts: 394 Greens
    81PING wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    FlyOver wrote:
    <br />
    HITMAN67 wrote:
    <br />
    Hello,<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    This. Instead of skimping, just save up for the real McCoy.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Why?<br />
    <br />
    For $500 you can get a sweet custom made and he can save himself some coin.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Because if it were me, I would always be thinking. I should have just bought the one I wanted.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • LionGolferLionGolfer Members  1472WRX Points: 159Posts: 1,472 Platinum Tees
    I think with 500, a very nice custom outaide of damascus can be done.
    Posted:
    Drivers : Crazy435COAAngel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriCrazy9Dia-ProceedIXCOABurningAngel
    UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG 317
    Irons : GrindStudioProto-ModartCBC-PXG311T-RoddioMeisterM
    Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-Orion
    Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Kitada-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-Xenon
  • jppatton2jppatton2 Members  97WRX Points: 16Handicap: 2.2Posts: 97 Fairways
    Kingston. Can’t believe I’m the first person to suggest it. If I remember correctly they range from $400-600 maxed out (possibly less - sorry it’s been awhile since I spoke with them). I bought mine second hand and I absolutely love it.
    Posted:
  • jppatton2jppatton2 Members  97WRX Points: 16Handicap: 2.2Posts: 97 Fairways
    KP2. I had JRich black it out and add a black shaft.
    Posted:
  • OpinderOpinder Banned  422WRX Points: 1Handicap: 10Posts: 422 Bunkers
    jppatton2 wrote:
    <br />
    KP2. I had JRich black it out and add a black shaft.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Your putter slicer for cheese?? <br />
    <br />
    61uj%2B-fnpeL._SX425_.jpg
    Posted:
  • AWcOBBAWcOBB Members  33WRX Points: 39Handicap: 4.8Posts: 33 Bunkers
    Have both Byron Morgan and Lajosi, both excellent but the Lajosi has stayed in the bag.
    Posted:
    Titleist TS2 (8.5*) - VA Composites Drago 65 S
    Titleist 915F (15*) - Oban Devotion 6 S
    Titleist 818H2 (19*) - Oban Devotion S
    Mizuno MP H5 (4) - C-Taper Lite S
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC (5-PW)
    Titleist Vokey SM6 Steel Grey (50*.12 F/54*.10* S/58*.04* L)
    Kari Lajosi DD201 - Gunmetal / Black 303SS / 345g 67.5* / 3.5*

Advertisement
  • OleVirginiaOleVirginia Members  140WRX Points: 108Handicap: 3Posts: 140 Fairways
    jppatton2 wrote:
    <br />
    Kingston. Can't believe I'm the first person to suggest it. If I remember correctly they range from $400-600 maxed out (possibly less - sorry it's been awhile since I spoke with them). I bought mine second hand and I absolutely love it.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    +1<br />
    <br />
    I own 2 KP001 customs made by Kyle (Sears) and absolutely love them. Definitely worth an email. Very responsive and immensely talented. <br />
    <br />
    [email protected]<br />
    <br />
    TBM
    Posted:
  • dj55cornelldj55cornell Members  87WRX Points: 0Handicap: 5Posts: 87
    Lajosi would be my recommendation
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.