Best Atlanta Clubcorp courses?

Gonna try and plan a trip but it’s a little bit overwhelming on choosing all the courses to play so can someone give me the greatest hits?

Comments

• GTgolfGTgolf Members Posts: 512 ✭✭
    Coming from out of town? When? How many days? Where exactly are you staying? What are you looking for?

1. The Manor - best overall

2. Eagles Landing - 27 holes

3. Atlanta National - Pete Dye - unique good play

4. CC of the South - personally not a fan, but always in good shape

5+. White Columns

Polo G&CC

Laurel Springs

WORTH THE DRIVE: Currahee

• thejuicethejuice Members Posts: 2,065 ✭✭
    GTgolf wrote:

Coming from out of town? When? How many days? Where exactly are you staying? What are you looking for?

5+. White Columns

Polo G&CC

Laurel Springs

The Manor, "Best Overall"? I'd move The Manor down a couple of spots on that list. I'd put Atlanta National as the best for the golf experience. The clubhouse is super nice but almost too big. Eagles Landing, for total experience, is the best. I think the patio dining and view of #18 at Brookfield is super nice. I agree with GT's list, just not that The Manor is the best overall.
    TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
    TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
    TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
    Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
    Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
    TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour
    edited Oct 9, 2018 #4
    thejuice wrote:

GTgolf wrote:

5+. White Columns

Polo G&CC

Laurel Springs

The Manor, "Best Overall"? I'd move The Manor down a couple of spots on that list. I'd put Atlanta National as the best for the golf experience. The clubhouse is super nice but almost too big. Eagles Landing, for total experience, is the best. I think the patio dining and view of #18 at Brookfield is super nice. I agree with GT's list, just not that The Manor is the best overall.

Lmao Brookfield?

10-4 over and out
    GTgolf wrote:

thejuice wrote:

GTgolf wrote:

5+. White Columns

Polo G&CC

Laurel Springs

Lmao Brookfield?

10-4 over and out

You don't agree the patio at Brookfield is nice? I didn't say the course. Never mind, you think The Manor is the best thing going in Atlanta, bless your heart.
    TaylorMade Spider Black

thejuice wrote:

GTgolf wrote:

thejuice wrote:

GTgolf wrote:

5+. White Columns

Polo G&CC

Laurel Springs

Lmao Brookfield?

10-4 over and out

You don't agree the patio at Brookfield is nice? I didn't say the course. Never mind, you think The Manor is the best thing going in Atlanta, bless your heart.

The guy asked about “golf courses”, not patios and dining rooms, ya dolt.

Having played every private facility in Atlanta (outside Peachtree), every club Corp facility over the years, and being a scratch golfer.. I know my golf courses.

For you to dismiss the manor as the best clubcorp facility is an absolute joke. It’s so laughable that I can’t take you seriously anymore.

All good. Keep being you.
  • SixSixGolfSixSixGolf Posts: 383 ✭✭
    GTgolf wrote:

thejuice wrote:

GTgolf wrote:

thejuice wrote:

GTgolf wrote:

5+. White Columns

Polo G&CC

Laurel Springs

Lmao Brookfield?

10-4 over and out

The guy asked about “golf courses”, not patios and dining rooms, ya dolt.

Having played every private facility in Atlanta (outside Peachtree), every club Corp facility over the years, and being a scratch golfer.. I know my golf courses.

For you to dismiss the manor as the best clubcorp facility is an absolute joke. It’s so laughable that I can’t take you seriously anymore.

All good. Keep being you.

One day I'll see you post in the Atlanta/Southeast sub forum and not make a complete a** of yourself. Today is not that day though.
  • allen981allen981 Members Posts: 13
    All you Northside Atlanta guys can talk all you want, but there isn't a better ClubCorp golf course in Atlanta better than Planterra Ridge in Peachtree City. Incredibly scenic, greens right now are fantastic, a superior course. It's where Smoltz qualified for the Senior Open, where the Society of Seniors held back to back national tournaments (unheard of for that group) and the Georgia PGA just had its senior tour championship. Lake McIntosh is magnificent, adds a huge element and is in play on 11 of the 18 holes. Magnificent.
  • PirateLion85PirateLion85 Members Posts: 21
    Having played them all, as far as GOLF COURSE is concerned, my take is here:

1. Atlanta National

2. CC South

3. Planterra Ridge (I agree with @allen981. It is BEAUTIFUL after their recent renovation)

4. White Columns

5. Eagle's Landing

There is nothing special about The Manor from a golf course perspective unless you like looking at 2-5 million dollar houses all day.
    Mizuno ST-180 Driver (9.5): MRC Kuro Kage Silver TiNi Dual Core 70X
    Mizuno ST-180 3W: MRC Kuro Kage Silver TiNi Dual Core 80X
    Mizuno MP-18 SC (3-7): KBS Tour X
    Mizuno MP-18 (8-9): KBS Tour X
    Mizuno MP-T7 (46,50,54,58): KBS Tour X
    Odyssey EXO Seven-S, 37", SuperStroke 2.0 XL
    edited Dec 8, 2018 #10

1. Atlanta National

2. CC South

3. Planterra Ridge (I agree with @allen981. It is BEAUTIFUL after their recent renovation)

4. White Columns

5. Eagle's Landing

There is nothing special about The Manor from a golf course perspective unless you like looking at 2-5 million dollar houses all day.

Are we talking layout & conditions?

Being a full member at Manor, White Columns, Atlanta National, and Polo; here are my thoughts..

1. Atlanta National has 1 really goofy hole. Greens are usually “ok” at best. Zoysia fairways are fantastic: people who run the club are genuine CLOWNS.

2. Cc of the south has so many goofy holes it makes me lose my mind. Elite bent geeens, good fairways. Played here 30+ times.

3. Planterra ridge - haven’t been down there in years.

4. White columns is the most overrated course on the north side. Greens & fairways are below average. Major disappointment.

5. I like eagles landing

Manor: it’s the best layout and conditions you can find in metro Atlanta for clubcorp; period.

My view is completely opposite of yours. Doesn’t add up. There has to be an explanation.

GTgolf wrote:

1. Atlanta National

2. CC South

4. White Columns

5. Eagle's Landing

3. Planterra ridge - haven't been down there in years.

There has to be an explanation.

There's one explanation...LOL
    TaylorMade Spider Black

thejuice wrote:

GTgolf wrote:

1. Atlanta National

2. CC South

4. White Columns

5. Eagle's Landing

Hence the reason there’s no comment. Cute
    GTgolf wrote:

thejuice wrote:

GTgolf wrote:

1. Atlanta National

2. CC South

4. White Columns

5. Eagle's Landing

You get butthurt everytime someone doesn't think the Manor is the greatest club ever, get over yourself.
    SixSixGolf wrote:

GTgolf wrote:

thejuice wrote:

GTgolf wrote:

1. Atlanta National

2. CC South

4. White Columns

5. Eagle's Landing

You get butthurt everytime someone doesn't think the Manor is the greatest club ever, get over yourself.

Not really. I think it’s lauhable to rank 3-4 of these way above them. Everyone values something different in a golf course. I just don’t know what you’re looking at when this happens.

I can see what people value about CC of South, Atl National, etc. having played each of these north of 40 times, I just scratch my head a bit.

• PirateLion85PirateLion85 Members Posts: 21
    I refuse to get into a debate with someone over their home course. When I remember the neighborhood (which is beautiful) more than the golf course, that's a problem.
    Mizuno ST-180 Driver (9.5): MRC Kuro Kage Silver TiNi Dual Core 70X
    Mizuno ST-180 3W: MRC Kuro Kage Silver TiNi Dual Core 80X
    Mizuno MP-18 SC (3-7): KBS Tour X
    Mizuno MP-18 (8-9): KBS Tour X
    Mizuno MP-T7 (46,50,54,58): KBS Tour X
    Odyssey EXO Seven-S, 37", SuperStroke 2.0 XL
  • SpicoliSpicoli Posts: 327 ✭✭
    Which hole at ATL national are you labeling goofy? I think the second par 3 is pretty lame (#6?), but #8 is what I remember as the goofy hole. The rest is pretty awesome. Tough course.
    edited Dec 13, 2018 #17
    Spicoli wrote:

Which hole at ATL national are you labeling goofy? I think the second par 3 is pretty lame (#6?), but #8 is what I remember as the goofy hole. The rest is pretty awesome. Tough course.

13 sucks

There’s a ton of goofy hole locations as well. I play wel there; shot many 68’s and like the course in general. I guess the guys who run the place **** me off.
    GTgolf wrote:

Spicoli wrote:

13 sucks

There’s a ton of goofy hole locations as well. I play wel there; shot many 68’s and like the course in general. I guess the guys who run the place **** me off.

We don’t agree much, but I do agree with you about the guys that I’ve dealt with that are left in charge of the pro shop and course. They definitely could be better.
    TaylorMade Spider Black

thejuice wrote:

GTgolf wrote:

Spicoli wrote:

13 sucks

We don’t agree much, but I do agree with you about the guys that I’ve dealt with that are left in charge of the pro shop and course. They definitely could be better.

It’s almost like you’re a nuisance to them by playing the course. **** attitudes.

They do have a new guy in the pro shop who came from bentwater. He’s been very welcoming, etc. so maybe there’s hope.

They’ve also decided to patch bare fairway spots with Bermuda grass instead of zoysia. Just head scratching.

Overall, they just act like thier **** don’t stank. Gotta be special in everything they do...

No tee times

Vertical score card

Yardage markers go to the front of the green (not the middle)

Another one that’s special: drive the carts in the fairways only, stay out of the rough. Lol no joke.

edited Dec 17, 2018 #21
    GTgolf wrote:

Not really. I think it's lauhable to rank 3-4 of these way above them. Everyone values something different in a golf course. I just don't know what you're looking at when this happens.

I can see what people value about CC of South, Atl National, etc. having played each of these north of 40 times, I just scratch my head a bit.

It's almost like people's tastes in golf courses are like, subjective or something.