New TP5 and TP5X

1161718192022»

Comments

• tsecortsecor Loading........ Members Posts: 4,175 ✭✭

That's not exactly true. For the driver...At the higher swing speed, the TP5x was lower spinning by over 100rpms but was 2 yards shorter.....at the middle swing speed, the same held true...slower swing speed...same.....so its a mixed bag..... with the 7 iron the X was lower spinning and longer all through the swing speeds..... the numbers are so close, it really doesn't make a difference....but with the wedge test the TP5 spins 400rpms more on average so it may hold the greens better......but it seems these two balls are very similar to one another outside of "feel", which we all know the TP5 is lower compression so it feels softer> @Xdmike20 said:

@noodle3872 said:
    How did the TM balls not fair well when the TP5 and TP5x were ranked in the very good category of the test?

I am not saying that they didn't fair well. I was just pointing out that according to TM, the 5x is supposed to be the lower spinning, longer ball but the test showed the opposite. I was about to buy some of the 5x balls but I may now continue to stick with my prov1x balls. According to the tests, it seems like it is the better ball for my game

when you look at the data for both X balls, they are almost identical to one another through 3 different swing categories....the ONLY significant difference was a 4 1/2 yard (13.35 feet) difference in length in favor of the prov1x...all other numbers are too small for a golfer to notice on the course. 4 yards can be a lot in certain situations, so I understand the love for the titleist. Great great ball > @Xdmike20 said:

@noodle3872 said:
    How did the TM balls not fair well when the TP5 and TP5x were ranked in the very good category of the test?

I am not saying that they didn't fair well. I was just pointing out that according to TM, the 5x is supposed to be the lower spinning, longer ball but the test showed the opposite. I was about to buy some of the 5x balls but I may now continue to stick with my prov1x balls. According to the tests, it seems like it is the better ball for my game

just curious......do the new boxes of TP5's and 5X's come with a sleeve of #5 balls? I just received a dzn and I have 1,2,3 and 5's in the box....no 4's

• noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers Posts: 2,674 ✭✭

@tsecor said:
    just curious......do the new boxes of TP5's and 5X's come with a sleeve of #5 balls? I just received a dzn and I have 1,2,3 and 5's in the box....no 4's

Yup, that’s how TM rolls!

Taylormade M6 driver MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 19° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 22° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC irons 5-PW Irons Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2
    Titleist Yellow Pro V1
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members Posts: 1,280 ✭✭

5 as in 5 layers as in no 4 because no balls are only 4 layers.

that's awesome> @noodle3872 said:

@tsecor said:

Yup, that’s how TM rolls!

• Brewcrew_31Brewcrew_31 Members Posts: 1

So maybe some somebody can help me out? I am a 7 handicap. I tend to generate a lot of spin with the driver and long irons but not enough spin in the short game. I would usually go for a ball like the TP5x because it is probably lower spin off the driver and gives a bit more distance. But then I still don't have enough check in the short game. Anybody know of the TP5 is a better option. I realize I would get more spin in the short game but does it generate too much spin off the tee for somebody that already struggles with driver spin?

• jwb10jwb10 Major Winner MarsMembers Posts: 938 ✭✭

@Brewcrew_31 said:
    So maybe some somebody can help me out? I am a 7 handicap. I tend to generate a lot of spin with the driver and long irons but not enough spin in the short game. I would usually go for a ball like the TP5x because it is probably lower spin off the driver and gives a bit more distance. But then I still don't have enough check in the short game. Anybody know of the TP5 is a better option. I realize I would get more spin in the short game but does it generate too much spin off the tee for somebody that already struggles with driver spin?

yes, go X