Does the Tour need an offseason

124»

Comments

• third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,405 ✭✭
    No, the tour does not.

There should be an event every weekend for my entertainment and the pros should be able to pick which ones they attend with a minimum set by the PGA.

Oh wait...we already do that..
    Long Live Nike
  • 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan Members Posts: 9,769 ✭✭
    Vindog wrote:

2putttom wrote:

well lets see, Raiders are 0-4 Niners are 1-4 A's are out and so are the Giants. So that leaves the wrap around season for which I am grateful . There's a lot of good talent that moved up from Web.com tour and frankly I play year round so my season never ends why should theirs.

Start watching SJ Sharks!
    lol I'm sorry Vin I don't want to dis hockey but: it's like watching butterflies **** breed.
    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P MCC plus 4
    Mizuno T 7 52 MP T7 56 &60
    Bobby Grace [font=comic sans ms,cursive]SNYPER [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]II [/font][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]46"[/font][/font]
    Oregon Ducks Bag
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members Posts: 4,602 ✭✭
    Off season doesn't matter.

As the post counts in tournament threads in this forum illustrate, there's Tiger Season and there is Not Tiger Season.

Tiger the the RSM Classic would get a lot more interest that week than the DP World Tour Championship.
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings
  • VindogVindog Don't order the schnitzel. They're using schnauzer! Members Posts: 17,468 ✭✭
    2putttom wrote:

Vindog wrote:

2putttom wrote:

well lets see, Raiders are 0-4 Niners are 1-4 A's are out and so are the Giants. So that leaves the wrap around season for which I am grateful . There's a lot of good talent that moved up from Web.com tour and frankly I play year round so my season never ends why should theirs.

Start watching SJ Sharks!
    lol I'm sorry Vin I don't want to dis hockey but: it's like watching butterflies **** breed.

They used to do the nasty on Guy Lafleur!
    run of the mill driver with stock shaft
    a couple of outdated hybrids
    shovel-ier shovels
    wedges from same shovel company
    some putter with a dead insert and
    a hideous grip
  • NaBUru38NaBUru38 Posts: 782 ✭✭
    smashdn wrote:

Fill the silly season with silly tournaments. Have a Skins Classic somewhere. Do match play and team events mixed in with the 72 hole stroke affairs. Have it on some compelling architecture instead of TPC Vanilla.

Tiger vs Phil this year.
  • Lennon MccartneyLennon Mccartney Posts: 394 ✭✭
    imakaveli wrote:

Usually the offseason is from the PGA Championship to the Masters, exception for the Ryder Cup years.

There are some big or small money grabbing events in the US and around the world for the enjoyment of the WRXers but de facto that's the off season.

I guess by your logic Tiger's 80th career PGA Tour Victory isn't legitimate because it occurred during "your off season." Don't know how you could classify a 12 team member exhibition played every two years as part of your "real season."
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members Posts: 12,551 ✭✭

imakaveli wrote:

Usually the offseason is from the PGA Championship to the Masters, exception for the Ryder Cup years.

There are some big or small money grabbing events in the US and around the world for the enjoyment of the WRXers but de facto that's the off season.

I guess by your logic Tiger's 80th career PGA Tour Victory isn't legitimate because it occurred during "your off season." Don't know how you could classify a 12 team member exhibition played every two years as part of your "real season."

Hey buddy! Good to see your interpretation of my posts, have a great day!
  • Golfer4LifeGolfer4Life Bob Parsons Bodyguard, Chump! ClubWRX Posts: 2,152
    I can't believe the Senior PGA Tour still going on. Between McCarron and Langer flying their way around with their disgraceful broomsticks and the horrible GC coverage, boy I wish they were done. I'll rather watch reruns of Feherty's show.
    PXG Derangement Syndrome, it is real.......<br /><br />Equipment:<br /><br />A bag full of PXG’s<br />Non Titleist Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009<br /><br />“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”
  • VindogVindog Don't order the schnitzel. They're using schnauzer! Members Posts: 17,468 ✭✭

imakaveli wrote:

Well, It was during the post season under a limited field image/tomato.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':tomato:' />
    run of the mill driver with stock shaft
    a couple of outdated hybrids
    shovel-ier shovels
    wedges from same shovel company
    some putter with a dead insert and
    a hideous grip
  • DatSliceDoeDatSliceDoe Camerons & Cobras One fairway overMembers Posts: 2,144 ✭✭
    There is an offseason. We're in it. None of the tourneys between the end of the Fed Ex and a few small events in between really are the offseason. There are plenty of events week in and week out that the guys earning a real living play, but those who make the megabucks don't bother, and neither do I when it comes to watching them.
124»