Stability Putter Shaft...worth the dough

124»

Comments

• balladmballadm Augusta, GAMembers  808WRX Points: 150Handicap: +1Posts: 808 Golden Tee

On -, @golf4fun said:

What is the difference between this and the stroke lab in the Toulon’s?

I also wonder this^

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • golf4fungolf4fun ClubWRX  578WRX Points: 84Posts: 578 ClubWRX

On -, @kyle75 said:

On -, @golf4fun said:

The stroke lab is more of a weight/tempo thing, while the breakthrough is about torque and the face not twisting.

Thanks for the info, just got a Toulon palm beach from the garage and the stroke lab, feels good! I thought maybe it was a made for breakthrough!

Posted:
  • HidekiWoodsHidekiWoods Members  264WRX Points: 62Handicap: 4Posts: 264 Greens

On -, @balladm said:

On -, @golf4fun said:

I also wonder this^

Strokelab is more about reducing the swingweight of the putter. Stability shaft is just that, stability, less torque/ twisting. I've had the stability shaft for about 3 months and love it. TXG has a good review on youtube with the stability shaft.

Posted:
    Epic SZ
    Apex Hybrid
    Srixon Z965
    MD Wedges

Night and Day Proto
  • 11forgedblades11forgedblades Members  562WRX Points: 113Posts: 562 Golden Tee

I was actually thinking of going the opposite way. I have no problems with shorter putts, but struggle with feel on long lag putts. I'm thinking about finding the most flexible shaft I can with a thin grip for better distance control. Should be an interesting experiment. I just need to find a heavy, super soft steel shaft.

Posted:
    COBRA BIO CELL+ (9.5*)-MATRIX 8Q3 STIFF
    TITLEIST 585H (21*)-TTDG S300
    COBRA FLY Z PRO (5-PW)-TTDG S300
    TAYLOR MADE TP Z (56*)-TTDG S300
    BETTINARDI BABY BEN -33"
  • jerebear21jerebear21 Don't Go Left FLClubWRX  3430WRX Points: 268Handicap: 8.3Posts: 3,430 ClubWRX

installed a stability shaft with my newport2 and with no practice round, rolled some of the nicest putts yesterday.

I don't know the science behind it or care for it; the line just stays longer and i was burning edgers from far away; those 5-7 footers felt more confident and it seem like i can't miss from that range which has always been a momentum killer for me during middle of the rounds where I needed those putts the most; i really recommend this thing.

Posted:
    thehuyhuynhfoundation.com
    FlashSz 1w ADTP, 3w ADIZ, 5w ADDI, Graphite Design
    Titleist 718 AP2 Accra i100, 718 TMB 4i, Accra i100
    Fourteen RM22 53/58 Accra i105
    SC Tour Newport // SC 009 //Byron DH89

Advertisement
  • KMo23KMo23 Members  161WRX Points: 42Posts: 161 Fairways

On -, @11forgedblades said:

I was actually thinking of going the opposite way. I have no problems with shorter putts, but struggle with feel on long lag putts. I'm thinking about finding the most flexible shaft I can with a thin grip for better distance control. Should be an interesting experiment. I just need to find a heavy, super soft steel shaft.

Look no further than Fujikura MC Putter 125 Soft.

Posted:
  • owu23owu23 Members  67WRX Points: 71Posts: 67 Bunkers

6 rounds in with this putter shaft.
    I had this installed in my Evnroll ER5 after reading some reviews and hearing about it here.
    I am not sure if it is pure voodoo/luck or a combination of the two but i am holing more 7-10 foot putts than ever before. On longer putts, i am also finding the consistency of the roll much better. I am just hoping that the honeymoon period lasts!

Posted:
  • kmakkmak Members  141WRX Points: 76Posts: 141 Fairways

what is the weight of this shaft compared to a standard putter shaft? It looks bulky.

Posted:
  • flushemflushem Members  2075WRX Points: 425Handicap: 11.5Posts: 2,075 Platinum Tees

Thanx for the feedback. I will go get fitted @ Evnroll next week. I will most likely order a putter with SS on. Someone called Evnroll demonstration a "Pony" show. Getting an Evnroll putter with SS would be "double pony" show. Soon I will get to see if the putter will be either "pony" or "stallion"

this independent test seals the deal.

Posted:
  • Hack DaddyHack Daddy Members  1110WRX Points: 340Posts: 1,110 Platinum Tees

On -, @kyle75 said:

On -, @golf4fun said:

The stroke lab is more of a weight/tempo thing, while the breakthrough is about torque and the face not twisting.

The ball is long gone off the face for any twisting to have an effect on the direction.

Posted:
    Ping G400 9.5 Aldilla 2KXV Green Anniversary 65TX
    Adams Tight Lies Tour 3W 14.5 Aldilla 2KXV Green 75X
    Nike VR Pro Combo 2-PW Nippon Pro Modus 130X
    Nike VR 54/58 Nippon Pro Modus 130X
    Rife Two Bar Center Shaft
    TP5X

Advertisement
  • j.a.j.a. Members  1750WRX Points: 194Posts: 1,750 Platinum Tees

I wish they could release a version without the hideous graphics. By any chance has anyone painted those shafts?

Posted:
  • mogc60mogc60 Members  1018WRX Points: 491Posts: 1,018 Platinum Tees

On -, @j.a. said:

I wish they could release a version without the hideous graphics. By any chance has anyone painted those shafts?

That finish is a wrap...I don’t know how well it would paint

Posted:

CALLAWAY EPIC FLASH SZ 9 EV BLACK 75 6.5 44 1/4”
    CALLAWAY EPIC FLASH SZ 15 MATRIX HD9 STRONG 41.5”
    WILSON FG5 TOUR 17* RIP PHENOM 100 S
    SRIXON Z FORGED 3-PW CATALYST 100 6.5
    CLEVELAND RTX4 50* CATALYST 100 6.0
    CLEVELAND RTX4 54* CATALYST 100 6.0
    CLEVELAND RTX4 58* MODUS 120X
    SEEMORE mFGP20 PLATINUM 38”
    SNELL MTB-X

• Albatross85Albatross85 Tiger is the GOAT St. Louis, MOMembers  3006WRX Points: 229Handicap: +2.1Posts: 3,006 Titanium Tees

Had the Stability installed in my Jailbird for 5 rounds now. I will echo the sentiments above. The feeling with putts inside 10' is automatic. The balls stays online at a greater frequency and i feel like i cant miss. The lack of torque and twisting is highly noticeable, which feels odd to say but you never realize how much a regular putter shaft twists until you feel one that doesnt.

The putter also feels like all the weight is in the bottom 1/3 of the putter which makes short putts stupid easy. I wish i had taken a swingweight before and after to know if that part is in my head. All in all i am happy with the $175 i spent on this shaft. If i make 10 more putts a year with it, its worth it to me.

Highly recommend this shaft.

Posted:
    • TM SIM 9* - Tensei Pro White 70TX proto 
    • Titleist TS2 13.5* - Tensei Pro White 70TX
    • Ping G410 19* H - GD AD IZ 95X
    • Adams Idea Pro Tour Prototype 23* - Aldila Proto By You 80X
    • Adams CMB/MB2 5-p - PX LZ 6.5 
    • Wilson FG Tour V4 50* - PX LZ 6.5 
    • Mizuno T7 55.09  - PX LZ 6.5
    • Titleist Vokey Japan TVD 60M - DG TI Onyx S400
    • Odyssey Tour Only Jailbird plumbers neck - WHP insert - Stability Shaft
    • Bridgestone Tour B XS

• Hammer22Hammer22 Members  634WRX Points: 170Handicap: <8Posts: 634 Golden Tee

Decided to splurge and upgrade to a TaylorMade Spider X this year (they are pricey, but I get a great discount through a family member) and am holing putts within 10' like I never have. I did remove the stock 2g head weights and replace them with 6g versions, along with switching to a real light P2 grip so the putter feels nice and head heavy. It also has a very stiff KBS CT Tour putter shaft which helps immensely. Getting fit for the right putter does the trick - tried the same model putter with the Stability shaft and felt absolutely no difference. That shaft was sold off, the KBS shaft was re-installed, and my friend was also perfectly happy.

This has also been around for several years and is about 1/4 price with the same general idea:
    https://www.ustmamiya.com/golf-shafts/brands/frequency-filtered/frequency-filtered-putter/

Posted:
    Post edited by Hammer22 on
    nflam-button.png
  • JaylennWongJaylennWong Members  108WRX Points: 21Handicap: 15Posts: 108 Fairways

Anybody try the armlock version of this shaft? Can't seem to find someone who has tried it.

Posted:

Driver: Ping G410 9* - Ventus Blue 6X

Fairway Wood: Taylormade SIM 15 - Ventus Black 7X

Driving Iron: Srixon ZU85 - Adila Rogue X-Stiff

Irons: Srixon ZU85 4-5, Z785 6-AW - Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff

Wedges: Callaway PM Grind 54 & 58 - KBS Hi Rev Wedge Shaft

Putter: L.A.B. Golf Armlock

Advertisement
  • flushemflushem Members  2075WRX Points: 425Handicap: 11.5Posts: 2,075 Platinum Tees
    Posted:
  • JaylennWongJaylennWong Members  108WRX Points: 21Handicap: 15Posts: 108 Fairways

It's $225 on the BGT website. I two Stability Shafts in my possession now, but I will probably get rid of one of them soon.

Posted:

I do wonder how much BGT performs better than KBS CT.

Posted:

I know someone who has it, but he's still in the initial stages of testing. I will get back to you when he gets more of an impression.

Posted:

• BenkrossBenkross 1400 Rounds, Zero Aces Brooklyn, NyMembers  732WRX Points: 89Handicap: 2.4Posts: 732 Golden Tee

To all the people who are asking the difference between the Stability shaft and the Stroke Lab - this video by TXG shows exactly that, with all the Quintic data https://youtu.be/siyZ4Md45CU

Posted:
    Taylormade M5 9* (Tour AD TP6x)
    Epic 3 Wood 15* (Tour AD TP7x)
    R15 TP 20* Speeder 869 Evo TSx
    716 AP2 4-PW - ProjectX 6.0
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 51/9 - TI S400 
    SM6 S Grind 56/10 - Project X 6.0
    Hi-Toe 60/ATV - Projet X 6.0
    DJ Spider 34", 2.5*
    TP 5/5x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.