Stability Putter Shaft...worth the dough

124»

Comments

• balladmballadm Augusta, GAMembers Posts: 688 ✭✭

@golf4fun said:
    What is the difference between this and the stroke lab in the Toulon’s?

I also wonder this^

• golf4fungolf4fun ClubWRX Posts: 539 ClubWRX
    edited Apr 21, 2019 6:03pm #93

@kyle75 said:

@golf4fun said:

The stroke lab is more of a weight/tempo thing, while the breakthrough is about torque and the face not twisting.

Thanks for the info, just got a Toulon palm beach from the garage and the stroke lab, feels good! I thought maybe it was a made for breakthrough!

• brockgolf44brockgolf44 Members Posts: 709 ✭✭

After gaming this thing for a 6+ months (nice little gap in there from this horrible winter) I really have one takeaway which is my shorter "must make" putts.

Putts under 10 ft are going in for me at a much higher rate than before. Do I have data...no. However, I don't ever recall having this feeling on the greens that anything in the 7 ft and under range is automatic for me. My only thought in my head is just to square the face at impact (duh) and it just works.

Im not even going to debate the cost part. Looking at the 4 bags in my basement full of failed experiments, shafts of all weights/flexes, etc...who cares what I spent on a putter shaft.

M1 2017 12: Speeder TS 7.2X
    R15 17: Speeder Evo I 869x
    Adams DHY Proto 21: Speeder TS 9.8x
    Honma 747V 4-PW: Nippon 120 X
    TM Milled Grind 50/54/60: Nippon 130X
    Rife Antigua - Stability Putter Shaft
  • HidekiWoodsHidekiWoods Members Posts: 241 ✭✭

@balladm said:

@golf4fun said:

I also wonder this^

Strokelab is more about reducing the swingweight of the putter. Stability shaft is just that, stability, less torque/ twisting. I've had the stability shaft for about 3 months and love it. TXG has a good review on youtube with the stability shaft.

Epic SZ
    Apex Hybrid
    Srixon Z965
    MD Wedges

Night and Day Proto
  • 11forgedblades11forgedblades Members Posts: 561 ✭✭

I was actually thinking of going the opposite way. I have no problems with shorter putts, but struggle with feel on long lag putts. I'm thinking about finding the most flexible shaft I can with a thin grip for better distance control. Should be an interesting experiment. I just need to find a heavy, super soft steel shaft.

COBRA BIO CELL+ (9.5*)-MATRIX 8Q3 STIFF
    TITLEIST 585H (21*)-TTDG S300
    COBRA FLY Z PRO (5-PW)-TTDG S300
    TAYLOR MADE TP Z (56*)-TTDG S300
    BETTINARDI BABY BEN -33"
  • jerebear21jerebear21 Don't Go Left ClubWRX Posts: 3,261 ClubWRX

installed a stability shaft with my newport2 and with no practice round, rolled some of the nicest putts yesterday.

I don't know the science behind it or care for it; the line just stays longer and i was burning edgers from far away; those 5-7 footers felt more confident and it seem like i can't miss from that range which has always been a momentum killer for me during middle of the rounds where I needed those putts the most; i really recommend this thing.

thehuyhuynhfoundation.com
    FlashSz 1w, 3w, 5w, Graphite Design
    Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW, AP3 4i, 3i Accra i100
    Fourteen RM22 53/58 Accra i100
    Tour Newport // SC 009