Hotmelt Ping i500 irons?

GolfyGolfyGolfyGolfy Members Posts: 252 ✭✭
Anyone do it to mute the sound, change feel, or add swingweight?

Comments

• ATAlxndrATAlxndr RHL Members Posts: 1,013 ✭✭
    Not hotmelt, but I stuffed my 3i head with as much yarn as I could. It definitely muted the sound a bit. Swingweight I just pulled the shaft and added a 7g tipweight
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Ping G410 Plus 10.5* - Matrix 6M3 X
    Ping G410 17.5* - MRC D+ LTD 80X
    Ping G410 20* - KBS Tour Hyb Proto 95X
    Ping i210 4-P - KBS Tour V 120 X
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth (Raw) 50/54/58 - KBS Tour V X
    Ping Redwood Anser
    [/font]
  • AndrewkpkAndrewkpk ClubWRX Posts: 128 ✭✭
    I hot melted my 5i before I sent it back to Ping as a warranty claim just to see how it felt and sounded. Too heavy after added, but it muted the sound and feel to a much better level IMO. I’m currently trying to find some way to mute the feel and sound.
  • numberonecoognumberonecoog Members Posts: 468 ✭✭
    Someone where I work put hotmelt in their i500's Changed the way they felt and sounded. Its possible.
  • Rippin6GearsRippin6Gears Posts: 87
    edited Oct 10, 2018 #5
    I’m adding some speedfoam in a few of my heads this week, takes less than 1/2 teaspoon(liquid form) not even a 1/4gram of weight added.
  • buntabunta Members Posts: 541 ✭✭
    when people add hotmelt through the **** hole, how do they know where the hotmelt would end up sticking ? like heel side or toe side?
    TS3 9.5
    s55 4-PW
    Glide 50/54/60
    1966 Anser 2
  • AndrewkpkAndrewkpk ClubWRX Posts: 128 ✭✭

I’m adding some speedfoam in a few of my heads this week, takes less than 1/2 teaspoon(liquid form) not even a 1/4gram of weight added.

Been looking for this. What exactly is the speed foam made of and where to find it?
  • Andrewkpk wrote:

Been looking for this. What exactly is the speed foam made of and where to find it?

It’s a patent trade secret, won’t be to just get it any where. I just happened to take a small sample to the lab, pulled the properties and remade the formula.
  • Arkrider75Arkrider75 Members Posts: 7
    Andrewkpk wrote:

It’s a patent trade secret, won’t be to just get it any where. I just happened to take a small sample to the lab, pulled the properties and remade the formula.
    Kudos to you and thanks for leaving us all empty handed and jealous! LOL
  • 62@Oakmont[email protected] Members Posts: 66 ✭✭
    Mine came from the factory full, at least from what I can see, of hotmelt or whatever Ping likes to call it. They must have done it to hit my requested swingweight at the slightly shorter lengths of my order.

I think my irons do sound more muted and feel more solid than the demo clubs I tried before ordering.
    Ping G400 9* Tour 65
    Callaway XR 4w Diamana BB 70
    Callaway Steelhead 3h Tensei Pro Blue 80
    Ping i500 6-U, G700 4-5 Nippon Modus3 105
    Ping Glide SS 54* & ES 58* AWT 2.0
    Ping Sigma G Wolverine T
    Srixon Q-Star Tour