ECCO BIOM G 2 Free GTX

scottaz ·  
scottazscottaz  2009WRX Points: 221ClubWRX Posts: 2,009 ClubWRX
Joined:  edited Oct 8, 2018 in Golf Style and Accessories #1
I haven't seen many reviews on these.

I've been playing in the Biom hybrid 3 GTX's a good part of the season. They're great but I did miss the spikes at times. They're a little bigger in the heel (deep) but after putting super feet insoles in, they fit perfect. I didn't love the look. Prefer the look of my Nike LC vapor 2's.

I play early often and most of the season has been wet. Water proof has become a must and ECCO GTX's are as good as it gets for that.

The G 2 Free's fit my foot better right out of the box, more locked in. Same with the swing. The Hybrids were incredibly stable. I rarely slipped. The G 2's are even better, real grippers.

The G 2's look small. When I first took them out of the box, I thought they sent the wrong size. I ordered two pair (black/gray and gray/crimson) and was thinking I'll be sending both back. The fit is a bit more narrow in the heal (plus for me) and maybe a hair smaller in the toe box.

I haven't checked the weight but they feel light. Extremely soft and comfortable. The hybrids are the most comfortable shoe I've played in, The G 2's aren't far behind.

They clean up very well after mud rounds. I use the ECCO shoe cleaner and care cream. I also wipe them down after each round. No stains on the grays....at least not yet.

They only negative I have on the G 2 Free's is they collect junk on the bottom pretty easily. The hybrids don't pick up a thing.
Posted:

Ping G400MAX 8.5 TPT 14 proto

Callaway Super Hybrid 17 Hzrdus tour black 105x

Callaway Apex 20 Fujikura pro 115x

Mizuno HMP PW-4 DG TI 100x

Vokey sm7 50f, 55f, 60k DG TI 100x

L.A.B Golf B.2 blade putter

Comments

• ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker CA 6027WRX Points: 1,705Handicap: 2.7Members Posts: 6,027 Titanium Tees
    Scott - I've had my BIOM G2's for about a month now and I like they a lot. I agree with your assessment as well - they look small and grip well. Very comfortable like all Ecco. I feel a little self-conscious wearing them because I'm constantly leaving tracks on the greens but our greens have been sopping wet
    Posted:
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • lchanglchang  715WRX Points: 173Handicap: 11Members Posts: 715 Golden Tee
    ebrasmus21 wrote:
    Scott - I've had my BIOM G2's for about a month now and I like they a lot. I agree with your assessment as well - they look small and grip well. Very comfortable like all Ecco. I feel a little self-conscious wearing them because I'm constantly leaving tracks on the greens but our greens have been sopping wet

I swapped out the champs spikes they came with for some Softspike pulsars to help with this problem.
    Posted:
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker CA 6027WRX Points: 1,705Handicap: 2.7Members Posts: 6,027 Titanium Tees
    lchang wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

I swapped out the champs spikes they came with for some Softspike pulsars to help with this problem.

Worth the change?
    Posted:
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • lchanglchang  715WRX Points: 173Handicap: 11Members Posts: 715 Golden Tee
    It didn’t eliminate the marks in the greens (which do disappear in a matter of minutes) , but they are less egregious.
    Posted:
    lchang wrote:

It didn’t eliminate the marks in the greens (which do disappear in a matter of minutes) , but they are less egregious.

Yeah, good point, I know they go away pretty quickly. I guess I got used to wearing my biom hybrid 3's (which hardly do anything to greens) and then wearing the g2's was a stark difference.
    Posted:
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • Miker20890Miker20890  276WRX Points: 56Handicap: 12Members Posts: 276 Greens
    Are they worth the price difference over the hybrids?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • scottazscottaz  2009WRX Points: 221ClubWRX Posts: 2,009 ClubWRX
    Miker20890 wrote:
    Are they worth the price difference over the hybrids?

I think the G2’s win on looks and stability. The hybrids win on comfort. But both are comfortable and stable. Wider feet may do better in the hybrids. I feel more locked in with the G2s.
    Posted:

Ping G400MAX 8.5 TPT 14 proto

Callaway Super Hybrid 17 Hzrdus tour black 105x

Callaway Apex 20 Fujikura pro 115x

Mizuno HMP PW-4 DG TI 100x

Vokey sm7 50f, 55f, 60k DG TI 100x

L.A.B Golf B.2 blade putter

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.