ECCO BIOM G 2 Free GTX

scottazscottaz ClubWRX Posts: 1,900 ClubWRX
edited Oct 8, 2018 in Golf Style and Accessories #1
I haven't seen many reviews on these.

I've been playing in the Biom hybrid 3 GTX's a good part of the season. They're great but I did miss the spikes at times. They're a little bigger in the heel (deep) but after putting super feet insoles in, they fit perfect. I didn't love the look. Prefer the look of my Nike LC vapor 2's.

I play early often and most of the season has been wet. Water proof has become a must and ECCO GTX's are as good as it gets for that.

The G 2 Free's fit my foot better right out of the box, more locked in. Same with the swing. The Hybrids were incredibly stable. I rarely slipped. The G 2's are even better, real grippers.

The G 2's look small. When I first took them out of the box, I thought they sent the wrong size. I ordered two pair (black/gray and gray/crimson) and was thinking I'll be sending both back. The fit is a bit more narrow in the heal (plus for me) and maybe a hair smaller in the toe box.

I haven't checked the weight but they feel light. Extremely soft and comfortable. The hybrids are the most comfortable shoe I've played in, The G 2's aren't far behind.

They clean up very well after mud rounds. I use the ECCO shoe cleaner and care cream. I also wipe them down after each round. No stains on the grays....at least not yet.

They only negative I have on the G 2 Free's is they collect junk on the bottom pretty easily. The hybrids don't pick up a thing.

Comments

• ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker Members Posts: 5,175 ✭✭
    Scott - I've had my BIOM G2's for about a month now and I like they a lot. I agree with your assessment as well - they look small and grip well. Very comfortable like all Ecco. I feel a little self-conscious wearing them because I'm constantly leaving tracks on the greens but our greens have been sopping wet
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • lchanglchang Posts: 536 ClubWRX
    ebrasmus21 wrote:
    Scott - I've had my BIOM G2's for about a month now and I like they a lot. I agree with your assessment as well - they look small and grip well. Very comfortable like all Ecco. I feel a little self-conscious wearing them because I'm constantly leaving tracks on the greens but our greens have been sopping wet

I swapped out the champs spikes they came with for some Softspike pulsars to help with this problem.
    lchang wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

I swapped out the champs spikes they came with for some Softspike pulsars to help with this problem.

Worth the change?
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • lchanglchang Posts: 536 ClubWRX
    It didn’t eliminate the marks in the greens (which do disappear in a matter of minutes) , but they are less egregious.
    lchang wrote:

It didn’t eliminate the marks in the greens (which do disappear in a matter of minutes) , but they are less egregious.

Yeah, good point, I know they go away pretty quickly. I guess I got used to wearing my biom hybrid 3's (which hardly do anything to greens) and then wearing the g2's was a stark difference.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • Miker20890Miker20890 Posts: 250 ✭✭
    Are they worth the price difference over the hybrids?
  • scottazscottaz ClubWRX Posts: 1,900 ClubWRX
    Miker20890 wrote:
    Are they worth the price difference over the hybrids?

I think the G2’s win on looks and stability. The hybrids win on comfort. But both are comfortable and stable. Wider feet may do better in the hybrids. I feel more locked in with the G2s.