2019 European Tour Schedule

ConstandseConstandse Members Posts: 8 ✭✭
When is the ET releasing the schedule for next year?

Comments

• babyfadebabyfade Members Posts: 537 ✭✭
    Normally end of september. Maybe they are late because of the new schedule. I still dont know when the BMW will be.
  • Short PeteShort Pete Members Posts: 195 ✭✭
    Maybe Commish Pelley is still hopping around the globe to find himself organizers willing to be a sideshow to his Rolex Tour. My guess is that the schedule will be aired within the next two weeks, and it will span 21 countries outside Europe and have at least 5 tba dates.
    WITB:

Driver: Callaway GBB 10,5, Kuro Kage reg.
    3w: Callaway V Series 15°, Bassara Reg
    5w: Callaway V Series 19°, Bassara Reg
    Hybrid: Callaway Razr HL 4, reg. graphite
    Irons: Cobra F7 One length, 5-GW, reg. steel
    SW: Ping Eye 2+, reg. steel
    Flatstick: Odyssey 2-Ball White Ice Broomstick 46" (No, I don't anchor;-))
    Ball of choice: SRIXON AD333
  • iBanestoiBanesto Niclas Fasth Members Posts: 4,422 ✭✭
    Still 6 big weeks left on the 2018 ET schedule.
  • Garush34Garush34 Members Posts: 351 ✭✭
    babyfade wrote:

Normally end of september. Maybe they are late because of the new schedule. I still dont know when the BMW will be.

Think it is meant to be sometime in September, can see them doing 3 weeks of UK golf with the BMW, the Dunhill Links and the British Masters. Dunhill is likely to be last week in September due to no Ryder Cup, so that could place the BMW the week of the 16th, with the Solheim cup the week before which they hopefully wont clash with.
    WITB

[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Titleist 913 D3 Grafalloy blue 2013 stiff shaft[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist 910F 15 degree Diamana Kai'li 75 mid stiff shaft
    Taylormade burner rescue 17 degree stiff shaft
    Cobra Fly-Z Plus 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 52/9 KBS Tour-V 125
    Callaway mack daddy 2 54/14s KBS tour-v 110
    Callaway mack daddy 2 58/10s KBS tour-v 110
    [/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Rife 460 Tour Blade[/font]

Handicap - 17.3

Home club[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] - [/font]www.stboswellsgolfclub.co.uk/
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members Posts: 12,558 ✭✭
    Still no idea where the Italian Open will be image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    Garush34 wrote:

babyfade wrote:

Think it is meant to be sometime in September, can see them doing 3 weeks of UK golf with the BMW, the Dunhill Links and the British Masters. Dunhill is likely to be last week in September due to no Ryder Cup, so that could place the BMW the week of the 16th, with the Solheim cup the week before which they hopefully wont clash with.

That would be great. A week before the Solheim Cup, the Walker Cup will be at Royal Liverpool. Great September of british golf. 😄
  • FIRs&GIRs&3-PuttsFIRs&GIRs&3-Putts Members Posts: 470 ✭✭
    babyfade wrote:

Garush34 wrote:

babyfade wrote:

That would be great. A week before the Solheim Cup, the Walker Cup will be at Royal Liverpool. Great September of british golf. 😄

Also I seem to play my best golf in September and we normally get good weather. Hopefully it will be a wonderful month of golf next year:
    I am excited, but can't book my trips without a schedule...
    babyfade wrote:

Garush34 wrote:

babyfade wrote:

That would be great. A week before the Solheim Cup, the Walker Cup will be at Royal Liverpool. Great September of british golf. ��

Yeah it would be great if they do that. I can't see where else the BMW would fit in the schedule in order to attract the big names. Hopefully it works out like this, becuase they can't just replace the spot that the PGA champ creates as the likes of Rory, Poulter etc would be in the Fedex cup at that point.

We normally go to the BMW and the Dunhill links each year, but if they are now going to be within a few weeks of each other we will need to miss one, which is a shame as they are both great tournaments for different reasons.
    WITB

[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Titleist 913 D3 Grafalloy blue 2013 stiff shaft[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist 910F 15 degree Diamana Kai'li 75 mid stiff shaft
    [/font]

Handicap - 17.3

Home club[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] - [/font]www.stboswellsgolfclub.co.uk/
    Yeah that's a shame. Why not do the Scottish Open instead? I am looking forward to see Renaissance Club. I am just not sure which tournament to attend in September... so many great tournaments. Maybe I will going for the Walker Cup and play a few heathland courses in Cheshire and Yorkshire.
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 4,747 ✭✭
    babyfade wrote:

Yeah that's a shame. Why not do the Scottish Open instead? I am looking forward to see Renaissance Club. I am just not sure which tournament to attend in September... so many great tournaments. Maybe I will going for the Walker Cup and play a few heathland courses in Cheshire and Yorkshire.

The Scottish Open at Renaissance should be really good. Super course, not 100% links but it's much better and much more interesting course than Dundonald. I'm really looking forward to seeing it there.
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08, 54.10 & 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x
    babyfade wrote:

Yeah we'll be doing the Scottish Open, its only 45 mins from us so just go up for a day or so.
    WITB

[/font]

Handicap - 17.3

thats great!! i have to fly up there...
    Still no signs of the schedule? I really just would like to know the dates for the BMW PGA...
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members Posts: 12,558 ✭✭
    imakaveli wrote:

Still no idea where the Italian Open will be image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Now we know, Olgiata in Rome!
    edited Oct 23, 2018 #17
    imakaveli wrote:

imakaveli wrote:

yes and back in october.

and Switzerland will be from 29th august to 1st september with fleetwood, garcia and rory secured.

most of the tournaments know their dates. but no one know the dates for the bmw pga.
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members Posts: 3,076 ✭✭
    Walker Cup in my diary. Hoylake is easy to get to and a gentle walk round. Plus stacks of decent places to eat and drink on The Wirral.
  •  Dave D Dave D Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    just hope the british masters gets a new sponsor, would be such a shame to see it disappear again after the success of the last 4 years
    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Taylormade M1 3HL 17* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
    2 iron: Taylormade P790 UDI w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 85g

4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 50F, 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab #7 34"

Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png
    babyfade wrote:

imakaveli wrote:

imakaveli wrote:

yes and back in october.

and Switzerland will be from 29th august to 1st september with fleetwood, garcia and rory secured.

most of the tournaments know their dates. but no one know the dates for the bmw pga.

Rory in Crans surprised me, maybe they decided to send him in Switzerland rather than Dubai this year?
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,401 ClubWRX
    babyfade wrote:

Still no signs of the schedule? I really just would like to know the dates for the BMW PGA...

LOL, when they post it on their website, they post it!
  • FIRs&GIRs&3-PuttsFIRs&GIRs&3-Putts Members Posts: 470 ✭✭
    babyfade wrote:

They will be announced in November apparently. I know that’s not much help but they are coming.
    hmmmmm
  • clichecliche Members Posts: 758 ✭✭
    imakaveli wrote:

babyfade wrote:

imakaveli wrote:

imakaveli wrote:

yes and back in october.

Rory in Crans surprised me, maybe they decided to send him in Switzerland rather than Dubai this year?

when you've been there, you know why you want to go back there.

olus the big start money sure helps image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    cliche wrote:

imakaveli wrote:

babyfade wrote:

imakaveli wrote:

imakaveli wrote:

yes and back in october.

when you've been there, you know why you want to go back there.

olus the big start money sure helps image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I've been there for years, Winters and Summers, and if it was for the place only the European Masters would have a Major field every year image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    British Masters in May at Hillside.
  • OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Members Posts: 2,084 ClubWRX
    babyfade wrote:

British Masters in May at Hillside.

Excellent and surprising news, it didn't look good at all for the event. Again another fantastic venue to look forward to. I'd be interested to know where the funding is coming from, no title sponsor and as great a guy as he is I doubt Tommy Fleetwood is personally underwriting the whole event.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/tournament/Season=2019/index_full.html

My initial reaction to the schedule is the Made In Denmark, Open de Espana and Open de France may suffer with the date changes.
    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Titleist Pro V 1x
  • duffer987duffer987 Don't feed the Choo. Canadian in CaliforniaMembers Posts: 8,973 ✭✭
    edited Oct 29, 2018 #28
    Moving the PGA Championship to May is definitely something the Eurotour is going to need to get their head around scheduling wise.

That's a big ask to have big names on Merseyside one week on a links course and then over to Long Island to play a demanding parkland course the next.

Definitely be interesting to see how that late season national opens stretch plays out too.
  • Dave230Dave230 Members Posts: 3,748 ✭✭
    edited Oct 29, 2018 #29
    The WGC in Memphis is a bad date for me. Right after the Open and because it's WGC (and the whole Fed Ex deal means PGA Tour top brass are going to force the stars to play it) means some players won't fancy playing Irish and Scottish before it.

PGA has already moved a major to May and the Players to March, and they'll be making the elite players fly back to America immediately after the Open, as if stateside golf doesn't dominate enough.
  • KennyPKennyP Members Posts: 857 ✭✭
    Leopard Creek returns in December. My favourite week's viewing throughout Winter. Hopefully with Tony Johnstone on commentary.
  • OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Members Posts: 2,084 ClubWRX
    ^^ The players that like to play the week before a major might be likely to do the 3 week stretch - Scottish, The Open and WGC so could mean a slightly weaker field for the Irish. Of course some guys do longer stretches, difficult to know if it will be effected.

Would have seemed like a good idea to have the Italian Open either before or after the BMW PGA so there was back to back Rolex events, it was good having it directly after Wentworth this year but it seems a little stranded in the schedule next year.

It'll be interesting to see who plays where with this new schedule.
    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Titleist Pro V 1x