Scotty x3 red

extrastiffextrastiff Members Posts: 863 ✭✭
So happy with this putter. Toe hang, milled face, mid mallet weight and moi, good looks. Could not find a single putter better suited to my game.

Any one have experience with this model/line (red x from Cameron)?

Or similar putters?

Anyone like/dislike those qualities in a putter?

g400 max 9* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
f8 15* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
p790 4i | steelfiber 95x
black utility onelength 22.5*, 26* | steelfiber 110x
forged onelength 6i | steelfiber 110x
p730 7i-pw | steelfiber 110x
hi-toe 52*9, 56*8, 62*5 | steelfiber 110x
columbus
jumbomax tour medium grips

Comments

• PasatiempoPasatiempo Members Posts: 57 ✭✭
    I have one in LH. Sent it to Cameron for a new shaft and set to factory specs. Great balance. Excellent feel of the face if you hit the sweet spot. Forces me to focus on a good stroke thru the ball. No face technology but puts a great roll on the ball.
  • jaw2k9jaw2k9 Members Posts: 350 ✭✭
    I had one of the original Red X clubs - heel shafted with the insert face. I removed the sole plate, poured melted wheel weight lead into the head taped in securely with more lead tape and double sided tape - put the sole plate back on (actually poured it into a recess in the sole plate) and it was a great putter - wish I had kept it.

Tried the plumber neck version, but it did not work as well for me.

If anyone tries melting wheel weights -BE CAREFUL- lead gas and other chemical gases release when it melts - make sure you are not in the wind path - and do this outside!
  • extrastiffextrastiff Members Posts: 863 ✭✭
    Pasatiempo wrote:

I have one in LH. Sent it to Cameron for a new shaft and set to factory specs. Great balance. Excellent feel of the face if you hit the sweet spot. Forces me to focus on a good stroke thru the ball. No face technology but puts a great roll on the ball.
    that's why I love it... no tech, so it's the exact same impact feel every time, I even don't mind missing the sweet spot on this one.

jaw2k9 wrote:

I had one of the original Red X clubs - heel shafted with the insert face. I removed the sole plate, poured melted wheel weight lead into the head taped in securely with more lead tape and double sided tape - put the sole plate back on (actually poured it into a recess in the sole plate) and it was a great putter - wish I had kept it.

Tried the plumber neck version, but it did not work as well for me.

If anyone tries melting wheel weights -BE CAREFUL- lead gas and other chemical gases release when it melts - make sure you are not in the wind path - and do this outside!

I bet that had a very cool feel. Sounds intense. Didn't know guys did mods like that to their putters!
    p790 4i | steelfiber 95x
    columbus
  • extrastiffextrastiff Members Posts: 863 ✭✭
    Switched grip to the matador mid. Great grip, my new go to.

Also switch to claw grip. Love it. Struggling a bit on lag putting but I'll figure that out
    p790 4i | steelfiber 95x
    columbus
  • PasatiempoPasatiempo Members Posts: 57 ✭✭
    Nice. I put a Matador Small grip on mine which seems more midsize. Works with a cross hand grip. Simple mid mallet that lets you know if your stroke is on or not.