TP5 in yellow

Mustng5Mustng5 Members Posts: 925
Does anyone know if this is real? I must be late.

Comments

  • b81smithb81smith ClubWRX Posts: 725 ✭✭
    edited Oct 9, 2018 #2
    Hmm. I’ve never heard anything but odd. They look legit aside from the box having a bunch of Chinese writing on it.



    Could be an offering for the Asian market?
    Ben S
    Hailing from North Aurora
    WITB:
    Smoke Wagon: Ping G LST 10.5 with Diamana Blue (JDM version) 70X set to standard
    Fairway: Ping G 3 wood - 14.5 with Tour 80 or UST Mamiya Axivcore Tour Red 89 in X flex set to standard
    Hybrid: Ping G 3 hybrid 19 deg with Tour 90 in S flex tipped .5 extra
    Irons: 4-P Mizuno MP-30 all weighted to D5 with DG x-100's
    Wedges: 50, 54, 58 - Ping Glide 2.0 all with DG S-400
    Putter: Mizuno Black Carbon by Bettinardi - BC-1 flamed finish
  • swgolf12swgolf12 Members Posts: 873 ✭✭
    I wonder if TM will bring this state side with Titleist having a ProV1 yellow next year.
    XTD 9* TPT 14 Proto
    3 Deep Matrix 8M2
    Vapor Fly Pro 3
    Titleist T-MB 4
    VR Forged 5-9
    SM5 46*
    SSC Don White Grind 53/58
    PM Grind 64
    Studio Design 1.5 Circle T
  • rocket500rocket500 Posts: 147
    That ball has been out 2 seasons now and has been a hit for TM. If they don’t have something better cooked up yet adding yellow might help keep the product “fresh” enough for 2019.
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members Posts: 1,146 ✭✭
    Wonder how the yellow cover holds up against the stock white. That was my only turn off to the TP5. It showed every little baby cut or ding. I’d replace mine every few holes because it annoyed me that much.
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 11,533 mod
    swgolf12 wrote:


    I wonder if TM will bring this state side with Titleist having a ProV1 yellow next year.




    I would play it, been playing the TP5 since it came out.
    M3 12* - AD-DI6x Black
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95 s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Cure CX2 35" / TM TP5
  • YoureStillAway1YoureStillAway1 Posts: 102 ✭✭
    Asia has always taken to the colored golf balls. I could see that being legitimate. Don't think it would be a big seller in the States.
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 6,188 ✭✭


    Asia has always taken to the colored golf balls. I could see that being legitimate. Don't think it would be a big seller in the States.




    You would be surprised how many **** volvic vivids get sold simply because " i like the color".. the US likes them as well.
    driver: SRIXON Z745
    fairway: NIKE VAPOR 13*
    3-4 IRON: MIZZY MP18MMC FLIHI
    5-9 IRONS: MP5 DG AMT X100
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX 4: 48, 53, 58, 64
    PUTTER; RIFE Cayman
    BALL; various, ask me that day.
  • TinkerGolfManTinkerGolfMan Tinker Golf Man Members Posts: 1,167 ✭✭
    I like using yellow golf balls sometimes, but not on the TP5. Hard pass.
    TaylorMade 2019 M1 9°, Aldila Rogue 110, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align Midsize
    Bomb Tech 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Oban Devotion, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Nike Golf Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Mizuno JPX 919/ 4-6 Forged Irons /7-PW Tour Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Artisan Golf ★ custom 50°, 54°, 58°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Titleist Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport 2, SC Custom Shop work: Black Refinish, High-Buff shaft band, Yellow School Bus SC Matador, Face/Weight Stamps.
  • KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... location, location.Members Posts: 7,802 ✭✭
    Would love to see this. TP5 is a great ball.
    PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
  • CelerasCeleras Posts: 147 ✭✭
    edited Oct 9, 2018 #11
    QuigleyDU wrote:



    Asia has always taken to the colored golf balls. I could see that being legitimate. Don't think it would be a big seller in the States.




    You would be surprised how many **** volvic vivids get sold simply because " i like the color".. the US likes them as well.




    I mean hey, a lost ball versus a found ball is going to outweigh anything else for sure. Can't say I blame them!
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 10.5* PX Even Flow Black 75 6.0
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* PX Even Flow Blue 75 6.0
    Ping G400 Hybrid 19* Alta CB 70 Stiff
    Ping G400 5-UW AWT 2.0 Stiff, Green Dot
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 CB Wedge Set 56/60*
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 #7
    Callaway Fusion 14
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members Posts: 1,146 ✭✭
    The TP5 in yellow has nowhere to go but up up up. More and more players are playing the colored stuff nowadays. I won't say it's a half half split from white to colored products down here in San Diego but, it is easily at least 1/3 players using a yellow, orange, or truvis style ball. That being said, when I was in New Hampshire this past August, it was all white. I was the only person I saw after playing about 10 rounds with a yellow or orange ball. But, up there, no one really plays Taylormade balls. It's a titleist monopoly up there with them being manufactured in MA as well as Snell and cheaper balls.



    I think that Taylormade has nothing to lose. I'd game it as long as I knew the cover were better than the original TP5 / TP5X because that is garbage.
  • Tanner25Tanner25 Members Posts: 6,172 ✭✭
    edited Oct 9, 2018 #13
    Finally, everyone is adapting to yellow. Just hope they do not use the same crappy yellow as the Project A and the S, too. It should be a bright yellow!
  • otwotw Doug Ferreri Posts: 305 ✭✭
    Available in Japan
    "Only the lazy ones fail !" Paul Bertholy, PGA

    www.paulbertholy.com

    www.dougferreri.com
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers Posts: 2,997 ✭✭
    edited Oct 9, 2018 #15
  • soregongolfersoregongolfer Members Posts: 1,275 ✭✭
    Good ball, but I wish they'd "steal" Srixon's yellow. So much better than anybody else's.
  • extrastiffextrastiff Members Posts: 856 ✭✭
    Stanks wrote:
    The TP5 in yellow has nowhere to go but up up up. More and more players are playing the colored stuff nowadays. I won't say it's a half half split from white to colored products down here in San Diego but, it is easily at least 1/3 players using a yellow, orange, or truvis style ball. That being said, when I was in New Hampshire this past August, it was all white. I was the only person I saw after playing about 10 rounds with a yellow or orange ball. But, up there, no one really plays Taylormade balls. It's a titleist monopoly up there with them being manufactured in MA as well as Snell and cheaper balls.



    I think that Taylormade has nothing to lose. I'd game it as long as I knew the cover were better than the original TP5 / TP5X because that is garbage.




    Covers for standard white are trash. Got 6 dozen on eBay, tp5x. Every shot with spin leaves my ball looking like it went through a whole round ...inside a blender.



    g400 max 9* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
    f8 15* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
    p790 4i | steelfiber 95x
    black utility onelength 22.5*, 26* | steelfiber 110x
    forged onelength 6i | steelfiber 110x
    p730 7i-pw | steelfiber 110x
    hi-toe 52*9, 56*8, 62*5 | steelfiber 110x
    columbus
    jumbomax tour medium grips
  • BenkrossBenkross 1200 Rounds, Zero Aces Members Posts: 668 ✭✭
    extrastiff wrote:
    Stanks wrote:
    The TP5 in yellow has nowhere to go but up up up. More and more players are playing the colored stuff nowadays. I won't say it's a half half split from white to colored products down here in San Diego but, it is easily at least 1/3 players using a yellow, orange, or truvis style ball. That being said, when I was in New Hampshire this past August, it was all white. I was the only person I saw after playing about 10 rounds with a yellow or orange ball. But, up there, no one really plays Taylormade balls. It's a titleist monopoly up there with them being manufactured in MA as well as Snell and cheaper balls.



    I think that Taylormade has nothing to lose. I'd game it as long as I knew the cover were better than the original TP5 / TP5X because that is garbage.




    Covers for standard white are trash. Got 6 dozen on eBay, tp5x. Every shot with spin leaves my ball looking like it went through a whole round ...inside a blender.


    Hmm. I've had good luck with mine. Even when I got a tree or cart path it's ok. You must have some serious grooves
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Epic Sub Zero 9.6* (Tour AD TP6x)[/background][/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Epic 3 Wood 15* (Rogue Black 80s)[/background][/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]R15 TP 20* Speeder Evo TS [/background][/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]869x[/background][/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]716 AP2 [/background][/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]([/background][/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]ProjectX 6.0)[/background][/font]

    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Wedges [/background][/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]([/background][/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]ProjectX 6.0)[/background][/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]SM5 F Grind 52/8 [/background][/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]SM6 S Grind 56/10[/background][/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]TM Hi-Toe 60 ATV[/background][/font]


    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Spider Mini[/background][/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]TP 5/5x[/background][/font]
  • extrastiffextrastiff Members Posts: 856 ✭✭
    Benkross wrote:

    extrastiff wrote:
    Stanks wrote:
    The TP5 in yellow has nowhere to go but up up up. More and more players are playing the colored stuff nowadays. I won't say it's a half half split from white to colored products down here in San Diego but, it is easily at least 1/3 players using a yellow, orange, or truvis style ball. That being said, when I was in New Hampshire this past August, it was all white. I was the only person I saw after playing about 10 rounds with a yellow or orange ball. But, up there, no one really plays Taylormade balls. It's a titleist monopoly up there with them being manufactured in MA as well as Snell and cheaper balls.



    I think that Taylormade has nothing to lose. I'd game it as long as I knew the cover were better than the original TP5 / TP5X because that is garbage.




    Covers for standard white are trash. Got 6 dozen on eBay, tp5x. Every shot with spin leaves my ball looking like it went through a whole round ...inside a blender.


    Hmm. I've had good luck with mine. Even when I got a tree or cart path it's ok. You must have some serious grooves


    It was probably grooves. Had new hi toes at the time.



    They seem better than trash now image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> sorry for the dramatics.



    Still get scruffy quick imo, but overall a solid ball/cover
    g400 max 9* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
    f8 15* | hzrdus black 75 6.5
    p790 4i | steelfiber 95x
    black utility onelength 22.5*, 26* | steelfiber 110x
    forged onelength 6i | steelfiber 110x
    p730 7i-pw | steelfiber 110x
    hi-toe 52*9, 56*8, 62*5 | steelfiber 110x
    columbus
    jumbomax tour medium grips
  • MBBGMBBG Members Posts: 1,447 ✭✭
    Maybe you bought refurbs or counterfeits from the bay because what you’re describing seems unusual based on other users’ experiences.
    2016 TM TI M2 with Rogue 125 60 TS
    Ping G400 3W with stock Alta S
    RomaRo Type R 18* with Nunchuk .370
    Srixon U45 23* with Aerotech i95 S
    2013 ONOFF Forged with Modus 125 S
    Vokey Cold Forged 51/56*, PM Grind 60* Modus 125 Wedge
    Odyssey Works SaberTooth
    Tartan Ogio Recoil stand bag
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members Posts: 1,146 ✭✭
    MBBG wrote:


    Maybe you bought refurbs or counterfeits from the bay because what you’re describing seems unusual based on other users’ experiences.




    Incorrect. Many upon many are stating the covers finish / paint is garbage. TM even refinished their covers and made a special note of it in the 2019 TP5 / X flyer posted on this forum.



    Now, this is it to say the urethane layer itself is garbage. It’s that micromillimeter if white paint that is covering said layer that is trash.



    I personally wouldn’t be using a TP5 more than 9 holes and that was if I was extremely lucky.



    It’s not just the newness of your club that can slice a ball with grooves. Though that is definitely a factor. But if you’re steeper and hit down a lot more as opposed to being a shallower / sweeper attack will be friendlier to the finish.



    Either way, hoping these yellow ones make it state side with the new finish.
  • pat_katopat_kato ClubWRX Posts: 76 ClubWRX
    Saw them on eBay for $200/3 dozen. I'm just not that good to be playing $5.55 balls. I wish I was.
    Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback 9º HZRDUS Smoke Stiff Flex
    Fairway: Cobra F9 3/4 ATMOS Blue 7 Stiff Flex
    Hybrid: Cobra F9 3H ATMOS 7 Stiff Flex
    Irons: Nike Vapor Combo Pro Irons 5-AW True Temper Dynalite 105 Stiff Flex
    Wedges: Titleist SM7 52º, 56º, 60º Stock Shaft
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport
    Ball: Taylormade TP5x
  • pallmallpallmall Members Posts: 10
    otw wrote:


    Available in Japan


    Yes. They are for Japan's market.

    In Japan, even a white Surlyn ball needs some fancy looking, such as sparkling coating on the cover. For PU cover, yellow color is also common.
Sign In or Register to comment.