Frontier Airlines - Golf Bag

Anyone ever fly with frontier with clubs? It's a direct flight but just wanted to see if anyone had a insight.

Thanks

Comments

• mattw387mattw387 Members Posts: 152 ✭✭
    Not a Frontier experience, but I had a terrible Spirit experience (also in the budget airline category). My experience was flying direct Philly to Myrtle. The flight down was fine, but on the return, Spirit managed to lose my clubs for a week and a half. Since Frontier charges for bags - I'd consider shipping them instead for a negligible price difference.
  • eboettneeboettne Posts: 168 ✭✭

Anyone ever fly with frontier with clubs? It's a direct flight but just wanted to see if anyone had a insight.

Thanks

I flew frontier from Minneapolis to Long Island direct in May without incident. I have a Club Glove soft bag with a stiff arm brace. I didn't have any issues with my bag but I do take my driver head off and wrap a lot of clothes around all of my clubs. Both my travel bag and clubs made the trip each way no worse for the wear.
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,219 ClubWRX
    Yep. I went to Florida for a golf trip. My clubs went to California. Took 3 days for them to get the clubs to FL. They were TERRIBLE. Shipsticks might be a better option.
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 11,539 mod

Thanks

Same PSA I always make in these threads, if you're flying with your clubs on an important trip, I dont know why more people dont use a luggage tracker of some kind. Its not going to prevent the airlines from making a mistake but it makes it impossible for them to at least not know where they ended up.

Shipsticks clubs still end up on a plane of some kind remember - there are still shipping people handling them on both ends.
    M3 12* - AD-DI6x Black
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95 s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Cure CX2 35" / TM TP5
  • Golfer4LifeGolfer4Life Bob Parsons Bodyguard, Chump! ClubWRX Posts: 2,152
    Frontier? I'll rather walk!
    PXG Derangement Syndrome, it is real.......<br /><br />Equipment:<br /><br />A bag full of PXG’s<br />Non Titleist Welded Neck 35/330g SC 009<br /><br />“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”
  • sheldonjhackersheldonjhacker Members Posts: 3,699 ✭✭
    edited Oct 9, 2018 #7
    True story: Buddy of mine used ShipSticks for a NY-Miami trip last weekend. Still no sign of his clubs.

He just bought his wife a new puppy, and, until they settle on a name...they're calling him "s***-Sticks." image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />
  • ajchangajchang Members Posts: 25
    Flew Frontier from Trenton to ATL. They were fine on the way but they lost it on the return. They had it the very next day.
  • J_BirdieJ_Birdie LOFT Issue Members Posts: 1,698 ✭✭
    I flew to Jacksonville on Frontier and was scared to death they would suck considering United and Delta both decided to send my **** elsewhere.

Anyway, my flight was smooth and their cabins were nice (i splurged for their stretch seats), and my bags arrived as they should. More than I could say for most big time carriers.

I was pleased with Frontier on my one experience with them about 3 weeks ago.
    What's in my bag:
    Srixon Z785 9.5* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 70TX 45.5"
    Cobra Fly-Z+ 3W w/ Aldila Tour Blue 75X 42.75"
    Taylormade P790 UDI 2i / Diamana D+ 92HY X 1* Up 18* loft
    Cobra Forged Tour 4-PW / Nippon NS Pro Modus 120X 1* Up
    Cobra King Black Wedges 50* & 54* (bent to 55*) Versatile Grind / Nippon NS Pro Modus 120X
    Callaway PM Grind 2 60* Nippon NS Pro Modus 120X
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Black with Superstroke GT 2.0 Pistol Grip 35"
  • ddettsddetts Roy McAvoy SoDakClubWRX Posts: 1,433 ClubWRX
    I flew Frontier once, with a layover in DEN and then on to PHX for a wedding and some golf. I had no issues and clubs arrived safely on both ends of the trip. I have a soft bag and use a stiff arm. At the time I didn't have any adjustable clubs I could take the heads off, but I would do that now.

Side note - does anyone know if you can put the TSA approved locks on the golf bag? I assume so, but have never used them before and would consider using it going forward. I also like the idea of having a luggage tracker on your bag. I mostly fly delta, and their luggage tracker in their app works quite well and I haven't had a bag issue in some time.

> See my current WITB
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5 65 gram
    TaylorMade '17 M2 Tour 15°, Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 17°, Project X HZRDUS85 6.0
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

Twitter-icon.png lDLcKyO.png?1
  • ddettsddetts Roy McAvoy SoDakClubWRX Posts: 1,433 ClubWRX
    dcmidnight wrote:

Thanks

Same PSA I always make in these threads, if you're flying with your clubs on an important trip, I dont know why more people dont use a luggage tracker of some kind. Its not going to prevent the airlines from making a mistake but it makes it impossible for them to at least not know where they ended up.

Shipsticks clubs still end up on a plane of some kind remember - there are still shipping people handling them on both ends.

Not to thread jack, but what luggage tag do you use or recommend?

> See my current WITB
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5 65 gram
    TaylorMade '17 M2 Tour 15°, Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 17°, Project X HZRDUS85 6.0
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

Twitter-icon.png lDLcKyO.png?1
  • Craigstands17Craigstands17 This Isn't Where I Parked My Cart Members Posts: 239 ✭✭
    I've flown Trenton to Raleigh a bunch of times and haven't had any issues though i could just be lucky...

I have a soft bag, use a stiff arm, and remove the club heads and add some padding.
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]Talyormade M4 9.5* PX Handcrafted 6.5 Hzrdus T1100 75g[/font]
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]Taylormade M4 3HL Aldila Rogue
    Mizuno MP-18 Fli Hi 3 & 4
    Mizuno MP-18 SC 5-7
    Mizuno MP-18 8-PW
    Vokey SM7 50* F Grind
    Vokey SM7 54* S Grind
    Scratch 58*[/font]

[font=times new roman,times,serif]Black Copper Ardmore 3/[/font] Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless Mid Slant/ Bettinardi BB1

[font=times new roman,times,serif]Driver Shaft Testing:[/font]
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]UST Mamiya The ATTAS 7X[/font]
  • Joe V.Joe V. Members Posts: 252 ✭✭
    Yes you can put TSA locks on golf bags. I've done it a number of times.

My kids have flown with their clubs at least four times Trenton-West Palm on Frontier with golf bags without incident.
  • theboypinoytheboypinoy Members Posts: 2,031 ✭✭
    Joe V. wrote:

Yes you can put TSA locks on golf bags. I've done it a number of times.

My kids have flown with their clubs at least four times Trenton-West Palm on Frontier with golf bags without incident.

Yeah, I always put TSA locks on mine image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 11,539 mod
    ddetts wrote:

Not to thread jack, but what luggage tag do you use or recommend?

I use this one from Amazon - along with a Tile clipped on the handle.

https://smile.amazon...L70_&dpSrc=srch

Easy enough to follow where the bag is - here are some of the tracking shots from landing in Edinburgh to driving up to St Andrews

M3 12* - AD-DI6x Black
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95 s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Cure CX2 35" / TM TP5