Taylormade P760 (Pics Added)

1246717

Comments

  • Bomber_11Bomber_11 Enjoy the Chase. ClubWRX Posts: 3,531 ClubWRX
    I don't imagine these will go over as well as the P790's....perhaps they're a P750/P770 merger and there's still a Gen 2 P790 coming out! image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° w/ Tensei Pro White 70TX
    PXG 0311X 2i w/ KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 105S+
    Mizuno JPX919 Tour 3-PW w/ DG Tour Issue X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50F/54S/60D w/ Pink DG S400
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Button Back
    Jones x Greyson Stand Bag

    Work. Play. Win. Repeat.
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members Posts: 2,272 ✭✭
    Bomber_11 wrote:
    I don't imagine these will go over as well as the P790's....perhaps they're a P750/P770 merger and there's still a Gen 2 P790 coming out! image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />




    Can they call them Gen 2? Anywho I love my 790s and not looking for anything new in the foreseeable future. That said I don’t think the 760s look near as bad as some are saying just different than what most were expecting.
  • radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,663 ✭✭
    Hmm, not a fan of these aesthetically. Has a RAZR X Forged look to them.
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • sheppy335sheppy335 TMAG Junkie Members Posts: 6,343 ✭✭
    WOW they are a DUFF, not sleek like the 790's. Well 790's safe in my bag.
    TM M3 440 TP 10 Mitsubishi Kai'li
    TM M2 Tour 15 Kuro Kage
    TM M1 Tour 18 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
    TM TP UDI 2 iron 18 UST Recoil 110
    TM TP UDI 3 iron 20 Paderson KINETXX 950
    TM RSi TP UDI 4 iron 23 Aldila Trinity 65
    TM P790 6,7 Nippon Modus 3 130
    TM P790 Black 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130
    TM xFT TP 50 Nippon Pro WV115
    TM Milled Grind Black Wedge 54 Nippon Pro Black WV115
    TM ATV HP 58 Nippon Pro WV115
    TM Rossa Ghost Tour AGSI+ FO-74

    I drop the 2 iron or one of the other UDI's based on course.
  • TinkerGolfManTinkerGolfMan Tinker Golf Man Members Posts: 1,207 ✭✭
    noodle3872 wrote:


    Zoomed view.
    Not sure if I could get behind this thing. LOL
    TaylorMade 2019 M1 9°, Aldila Rogue 110, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align Midsize
    Bomb Tech 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Oban Devotion, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Nike Golf Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Mizuno JPX 919/ 4-6 Forged Irons /7-PW Tour Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Artisan Golf ★ custom 50°, 54°, 58°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Titleist Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport 2, SC Custom Shop work: Black Refinish, High-Buff shaft band, Yellow School Bus SC Matador, Face/Weight Stamps.
  • SocratesSocrates How can it be so *&#% hard to make a shoulder turn? WinnipegClubWRX Posts: 9,224 ClubWRX

    Socrates wrote:


    I saw these in person Tuesday. The pic on the first page isn't a finished product. The final version is much better. It actually is one of the few TM irons I would consider playing. I'll see if I can take a pic today.




    So there is a ray of hope? The head Day is holding in the pic has a big plastic badge glued to the back of the head.


    I guess it was the finished product. Just a bad picture. These do look better in person and look very good at address.
    Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
    Cobra F8 5-6 Fwy at 18.5° Stiff
    Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
    X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    Ping Forged 52°, ES 56º and ES 60º
    Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.5"
    MCC Align Midsize
    Moving to the bench:
    Jazz Bear Cat 3 wd Aerotech Stiff
    Vokey SM2 52º cc
    Scotty X7M Dual 38"
  • BD57BD57 Members Posts: 258 ✭✭
    Always fun to watch people trash what they've yet to actually hold at address position, or hit, yet. image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />
  • MarkFromTheUKMarkFromTheUK Members Posts: 4,639 ✭✭
    BD57 wrote:


    Always fun to watch people trash what they've yet to actually hold at address position, or hit, yet. image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />




    Fine to do it with PXG though.
    PXG 0811X Gen2 9deg Driver - AD-GP 7TX
    PXG 0341X Gen2 15deg Fairway - AD-GP 8TX
    PXG 0311X Gen2 1 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311X Gen2 3 DI - KBS Prototype Graphite 95X
    PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 51 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Sugar Daddy 56 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG 0311T Zulu 61 - Dynamic Gold X7
    PXG Brandon H - 34.5”
    PXG Operator H - 34.5”
    Toulon Indianapolis - 34.5”
    PXG 50/50 Staff Bag
    Bridgestone Tour B X

    KaBoom Baby!
  • NokeNoke Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭

    BD57 wrote:


    Always fun to watch people trash what they've yet to actually hold at address position, or hit, yet. image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />




    Fine to do it with PXG though.




    When the company owner says "This is the best iron ever!" he's gonna face some backlash.
  • SocratesSocrates How can it be so *&#% hard to make a shoulder turn? WinnipegClubWRX Posts: 9,224 ClubWRX
    nohny noke wrote:


    BD57 wrote:


    Always fun to watch people trash what they've yet to actually hold at address position, or hit, yet. image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />




    Fine to do it with PXG though.




    When the company owner says "This is the best iron ever!" he's gonna face some backlash.


    Or make a direct copy of a Ping and add some screws and squishy stuff.
    Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
    Cobra F8 5-6 Fwy at 18.5° Stiff
    Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
    X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    Ping Forged 52°, ES 56º and ES 60º
    Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.5"
    MCC Align Midsize
    Moving to the bench:
    Jazz Bear Cat 3 wd Aerotech Stiff
    Vokey SM2 52º cc
    Scotty X7M Dual 38"
  • 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan Members Posts: 9,832 ✭✭
    image/fie.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':fie:' /> tough crowd in here
    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P MCC plus 4
    Mizuno T 7 52 MP T7 56 &60
    Bobby Grace [font=comic sans ms,cursive]SNYPER [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]II [/font][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]46"[/font][/font]
    Oregon Ducks Bag
  • ChristopherMcDonaldChristopherMcDonald Members Posts: 2,396 ✭✭
    Remind me quite a bit of the Wilson Ci-7's in the cavity
    King LTD Rogue 95 MSI
    2007 Burner 3 Wood Aldila Serrano 75
    2007 Burner 5 Wood Aldila Serrano 75
    Taylormade Jetspeed Hybrid True Temper Project X 6.0
    Adams XTD Tour 5-GW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT
    Scratch Tour Issue 1018 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT
    Scratch Tour Issue 1018 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 AMT
    Custom Cameron & Crown 5MB
    Wilson Staff Duo
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Members Posts: 25,799 ✭✭
    Will square strike file suit ? That is the question.
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    TM Tour M5 19.8 * Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX  
    Titleist Tour Proto MB 3-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • ThorntonMelonThorntonMelon Members Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Hey, if it's as forgiving as the 790 and the shorter irons spin like the 770, it could look like garbage and I'll be begging for them...
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,234 ✭✭
    Taylormade is gonna have to market these nasty things by promising 20 more yards farther than the 750's and 770's.
    Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

    Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G25 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

    Snell MTB Black
  • realitycheckrealitycheck Members Posts: 333 ✭✭
    I honestly cannot believe how bad these things look. Disappointing. That P7__ series was so on point, and this is what follows? Scratching my head
  • halliedoghalliedog Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭
    Looks are important to me and most people. If you are saying you'd play "anything that preforms", ask yourself if you'd be gaming a set of Cleveland VAS still as long as it preformed?



    I don't like the looks of these, but don't hold anything against them since because of these, I just got my new set of P770s for pennies on the dollar! ****, in another 2 years when I'm ready to look at new irons again, these may be on the chopping block and look quite a bit better by then!
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members Posts: 2,272 ✭✭
    halliedog wrote:
    Looks are important to me and most people. If you are saying you'd play "anything that preforms", ask yourself if you'd be gaming a set of Cleveland VAS still as long as it preformed?



    I don't like the looks of these, but don't hold anything against them since because of these, I just got my new set of P770s for pennies on the dollar! ****, in another 2 years when I'm ready to look at new irons again, these may be on the chopping block and look quite a bit better by then!




    Lol. So these look like the Cleveland Vas? Just because TM didn’t cater to a handful of wrxers doesn’t mean these won’t sell. While maybe they could’ve made something that looks different these aren’t nearly as bad as some are making out.
  • jonn443jonn443 Jonnystx Members Posts: 4,596 ✭✭
    BiggErn wrote:

    halliedog wrote:
    Looks are important to me and most people. If you are saying you'd play "anything that preforms", ask yourself if you'd be gaming a set of Cleveland VAS still as long as it preformed?



    I don't like the looks of these, but don't hold anything against them since because of these, I just got my new set of P770s for pennies on the dollar! ****, in another 2 years when I'm ready to look at new irons again, these may be on the chopping block and look quite a bit better by then!




    Lol. So these look like the Cleveland Vas? Just because TM didn’t cater to a handful of wrxers doesn’t mean these won’t sell. While maybe they could’ve made something that looks different these aren’t nearly as bad as some are making out.




    Maybe and maybe not. Some am golfers don't care what brand it is as long as it looks pretty. Shiny, Big Brand, and pricey... And they're drawn to the flame like a moth.



    Sad but true.
    AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
    AB TP 3HL / 757
    XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
    DWS 24*/ VS Proto
    J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
    X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
    Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,234 ✭✭
    jonn443 wrote:

    BiggErn wrote:

    halliedog wrote:
    Looks are important to me and most people. If you are saying you'd play "anything that preforms", ask yourself if you'd be gaming a set of Cleveland VAS still as long as it preformed?



    I don't like the looks of these, but don't hold anything against them since because of these, I just got my new set of P770s for pennies on the dollar! ****, in another 2 years when I'm ready to look at new irons again, these may be on the chopping block and look quite a bit better by then!




    Lol. So these look like the Cleveland Vas? Just because TM didn't cater to a handful of wrxers doesn't mean these won't sell. While maybe they could've made something that looks different these aren't nearly as bad as some are making out.




    Maybe and maybe not. Some am golfers don't care what brand it is as long as it looks pretty. Shiny, Big Brand, and pricey... And they're drawn to the flame like a moth.



    Sad but true.




    With all companies making great products that all perform basically the same, people will make the appearance a major factor when choosing new clubs.
    Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

    Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G25 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

    Snell MTB Black
  • WidespreadPanicWidespreadPanic Wizard in the Corner Members Posts: 4,826 ✭✭
    edited Oct 12, 2018 #112
    I was actually looking forward to these coming out. Speed foam? No thanks. Is the entire back covered in some sort of plastic? Taylormade’s $1700 version of the Square Strike? These have way too much going on for a players iron.I could love the results, but couldn’t buy a club that ugly. I’m pretty disappointed.
    Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
    Cobra F7 15.5*
    Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
    Mizuno MP18 Fli Hi 4i
    Mizuno MP18 SC 5-PW
    Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
    Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
    Taylormade TPx
  • Luke'sdadLuke'sdad Lukes's dad Members Posts: 100 ✭✭
    Do I dare say, that the design in the cavity shares a strong resemblance with the infamous "Square Strike" sole? Hope the designer didn't draw inspiration from that product. All it needs is a bright green badge, & winner winner, chicken dinner.
  • WidespreadPanicWidespreadPanic Wizard in the Corner Members Posts: 4,826 ✭✭


    Thats a no from me!

    750's were a great looking iron, same as the 770's


    I agree. I love everything about the 750, aside from the price. I was hoping they would stick with the satin finish. Will these be $1800 or whatever the 750’s were? If so, good luck with that Taylormade.
    Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
    Cobra F7 15.5*
    Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
    Mizuno MP18 Fli Hi 4i
    Mizuno MP18 SC 5-PW
    Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
    Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
    Taylormade TPx
  • 9ccat99ccat9 Members Posts: 996 ✭✭
    These look great from the top line. I am not a fan of the look of the back cavity but at address you will not see it. These look 100 times better in the playing position than the 790s in my opinion. These clubs will sell. This is a "mixed" set with forged scoring irons and speed foam in the longer iron packed into a smaller profile. Amazing people have not hit them and already write them off. Same reaction when pics surfaced of the M1 and M2 drivers. Don't think tour guys are the demographic for this set, may see some 2/3/4 irons because they look better than the 790?
    TM M6D 10.5 Fuji Platinum 6S
    TM GAPR Hi 3 DG XP 95 S300
    TM GAPR Mid DG XP 95 S300
    TM 760 4-PW KBS Tour 120S
    TM Hi Toe 50 and 54 KBS Tour 120S
    TM MG 58 Black DG S400
    Cameron Studio Stainless 1.5 
    TM TP5 TP5X balls
  • NokeNoke Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭
    I don’t mind the look. Kinda futurey.
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members Posts: 2,272 ✭✭
    9ccat9 wrote:
    These look great from the top line. I am not a fan of the look of the back cavity but at address you will not see it. These look 100 times better in the playing position than the 790s in my opinion. These clubs will sell. This is a "mixed" set with forged scoring irons and speed foam in the longer iron packed into a smaller profile. Amazing people have not hit them and already write them off. Same reaction when pics surfaced of the M1 and M2 drivers. Don't think tour guys are the demographic for this set, may see some 2/3/4 irons because they look better than the 790?




    There’s a 3mm heel to toe difference. You’re acting like it’s 3 inches.
  • TaylorMadeLuvTaylorMadeLuv Members Posts: 602 ✭✭
    Was at a PGA superstore and rep had these there this week. They feel just as good as my P750’s and look great in person.
    New Bag in the making...
  • High Draws Low FadesHigh Draws Low Fades Members Posts: 59 ✭✭
    9ccat9 wrote:


    These look great from the top line. I am not a fan of the look of the back cavity but at address you will not see it. These look 100 times better in the playing position than the 790s in my opinion. These clubs will sell. This is a "mixed" set with forged scoring irons and speed foam in the longer iron packed into a smaller profile. Amazing people have not hit them and already write them off. Same reaction when pics surfaced of the M1 and M2 drivers. Don't think tour guys are the demographic for this set, may see some 2/3/4 irons because they look better than the 790?




    Coming from the TM fanboy. (See his signature)
    Ping G400 LST 8.5
    Callaway GBB Epic 15
    Ping i500 3 iron
    Ping i210 4-W
    Cleveland RTX 3 52, 56, 60
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport
  • 9ccat99ccat9 Members Posts: 996 ✭✭
    Easy Newbie...I have at least had the product in my hands. Pretty sure most of these people posting have not.
    TM M6D 10.5 Fuji Platinum 6S
    TM GAPR Hi 3 DG XP 95 S300
    TM GAPR Mid DG XP 95 S300
    TM 760 4-PW KBS Tour 120S
    TM Hi Toe 50 and 54 KBS Tour 120S
    TM MG 58 Black DG S400
    Cameron Studio Stainless 1.5 
    TM TP5 TP5X balls
  • WidespreadPanicWidespreadPanic Wizard in the Corner Members Posts: 4,826 ✭✭
    9ccat9 wrote:


    These look great from the top line. I am not a fan of the look of the back cavity but at address you will not see it. These look 100 times better in the playing position than the 790s in my opinion. These clubs will sell. This is a "mixed" set with forged scoring irons and speed foam in the longer iron packed into a smaller profile. Amazing people have not hit them and already write them off. Same reaction when pics surfaced of the M1 and M2 drivers. Don't think tour guys are the demographic for this set, may see some 2/3/4 irons because they look better than the 790?


    So the foam is only in the long irons? And the short-mid irons are forged? Does this mean the short-mids don’t have the screw in the toe?
    Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
    Cobra F7 15.5*
    Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
    Mizuno MP18 Fli Hi 4i
    Mizuno MP18 SC 5-PW
    Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
    Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
    Taylormade TPx
Sign In or Register to comment.